PDA

View Full Version : joykiller

Original prankstA
01-01-2006, 04:19 PM
does anybody know who this is? i stole these little bios from media play of the offspring and pennywise and at the bottom of them both it said "if you like the offspring/pennywise be sure to check out joykiller" and i tried to download some stuff by them but there was nothing, so if anybody knows about this band please post a link or something with one of their songs

Rag Doll
01-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Someone here saw them once, a few years ago. She said *they really were a joy killer*....never heard anything by them though.

Kitten
01-01-2006, 05:45 PM
The Joykiller (http://www.geocities.com/strung_out_bassist/)
As for more of their stuff, if you are after it, there might be a few floating around on Limewire. I am going to be checking the status of their albums, so after speaking to Epitaph, there should be album links, or somewhere to download more songs.

Kitten
01-01-2006, 05:46 PM
Someone here saw them once, a few years ago. She said *they really were a joy killer*....never heard anything by them though.

A couple of years ago, they would have been fighting a fair bit, their live shows at that stage really wouldn't have done their albums any justice whatsoever.

JohnnyNemesis
01-01-2006, 06:28 PM
They're okay. They used to be on Epitaph in the mid 90s and may have had a few songs out on Punk-O-Rama 1 or 2 (if my memory serves me properly, it was volume 2).

Kitten
01-02-2006, 03:44 AM
They're okay. They used to be on Epitaph in the mid 90s and may have had a few songs out on Punk-O-Rama 1 or 2 (if my memory serves me properly, it was volume 2).

They had Hate on Punk-o-Rama 2 and under the name Gentleman Jack they had Someone to Love on POR 5.
They also released a compilation album in 2003 with a lot of their better songs on it, and also some unreleased ones.

JohnnyNemesis
01-02-2006, 09:09 AM
^They were on POR 4 then too, correct?

Kitten
01-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Opps, you'd think I would have remembered it by now, and the music page is the one I am having difficulty updating too. Thanks Johnny.

Nirushika6789
01-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Thats a lot of members for one band :eek:

Jack Grisham
Billy Persons
Ronnie King
Chris Lagorberg
Sean Greaves
Billy Blaze Price
Brock Avery
Jay Smith
Mark Gilman
Ron Emory
Danny Westman
Angry John DiMambro
Chris Higgins

13 WOAH

Original prankstA
01-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Chris Higgins
Higgins...hmmmmm...

Kitten
01-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Thats a lot of members for one band :eek:

Jack Grisham
Billy Persons
Ronnie King
Chris Lagorberg
Sean Greaves
Billy Blaze Price
Brock Avery
Jay Smith
Mark Gilman
Ron Emory
Danny Westman
Angry John DiMambro
Chris Higgins

13 WOAH

The story is that you had the original Joykiller, consisting of 4 members, and then the drummer left, so that has tallied it up to 5. Jack then did a side project, The Go, until they were asked to change their name, both side projects had a lot of different members. So to be fair to all of them, I included them. Higgins played guitar and co-wrote some of the songs on Ready, Sexed, GO! 99.

bouncingcoles
01-04-2006, 05:50 PM
does anybody know who this is? i stole these little bios from media play of the offspring and pennywise and at the bottom of them both it said "if you like the offspring/pennywise be sure to check out joykiller" and i tried to download some stuff by them but there was nothing, so if anybody knows about this band please post a link or something with one of their songs

all i know is that they opened for the offspring on tour a few years ago