PDA

View Full Version : Myspace, a better way

young greg
01-01-2006, 09:39 PM
What band even needs a website with myspace nowadays? Those little cookie-cutter sites have it all: pictures, mp3s, show dates, comments, etc..

Mota Boy
01-01-2006, 09:59 PM
...he wrote on the message board.

Kitten
01-02-2006, 05:52 AM
What band even needs a website with myspace nowadays? Those little cookie-cutter sites have it all: pictures, mp3s, show dates, comments, etc..

While a band's myspace does have certain advantages, I feel that it is too easy to seperate the fans from each other. Message boards like this one and many others, allow not only the band members to communicate with the fans, but the fans to communicate with each other.
Also, linking videos suck, they dont have half the functionality a good website can have. If you can log on to them.

Little_Miss_1565
01-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Not to mention that MySpace sites are covered in advertisements, and users are at the mercy of MySpace's servers, which I've found frequently go offline for repair. Those band sites are good for getting the word out about a band, but can't hold a candle to a band's own dot-com website in terms of importance when expressing a band's personality and what they're all about, etc.

Kitten
01-02-2006, 10:28 AM
I will admit, sites like mylocalband.com and myspace.com are great for adding tour dates.

Igniton
01-06-2006, 02:42 PM
i like myspace because i like how you can get up to four full length song clips of every artist depending on how many myspaces are based on them... but websites like this are still needed