PDA

View Full Version : i went to see em in manchester and london

offspringer24
01-02-2006, 05:21 AM
i went to see them in both venues and there set list was nearly identical, i live in birmingham which they never bother with so i travelled a long way to see em both times, you would think they'd mix it up abit.
anyone else have this trouble?

Idiot
01-02-2006, 05:27 AM
This should probably be in the Offspring Tour Talk Forum (http://www.offspring.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

cybermears
01-02-2006, 01:58 PM
i live near brum it would have been so much better if they went to the accadmy or the NIA they would have given the chance to a lot more people then instead of adding another date to the same venu in London

nameless
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
i went to see them in both venues and there set list was nearly identical, i live in birmingham which they never bother with so i travelled a long way to see em both times, you would think they'd mix it up abit.
anyone else have this trouble?

it is weird the way bands play only certain places! but the again it must be down to the management/booking! on their 3 last actual tours of the uk i think theyve always just played london, manchester and glasgow! i doubt they would play two venues like the NEC and the MEN ( i think it was) as they are so close! while wembley is being re-built, i think brixton was a fair venue even though they had to play 2 dates to meet demand! i love the offspring but i doubt we will ever see them headling at earls court or hyde park which would have been the next kinda venue up!

as for the set list id say offspring are one of the few bands who do mix up their set! i saw them both nights in london and although a lot of the songs were played both nights, they dropped a few and played a couple of different ones as well as changing their opening song!

however seeing green day at the start of the year then again 6 months later, i couldnt believe theyd only changed one song in the whole 2 hour set! they always seem to play certain songs in a specific order midway through the set. at first i thought their show was really spontaneous but all their shows seem identical!

i dont mean to slag them off, im just using them as an example! youd be surprised the amount of bands who dont changes their set at all for the tour!

Ryder1234
01-02-2006, 06:38 PM
it is weird the way bands play only certain places! but the again it must be down to the management/booking! on their 3 last actual tours of the uk i think theyve always just played london, manchester and glasgow! i doubt they would play two venues like the NEC and the MEN ( i think it was) as they are so close! while wembley is being re-built, i think brixton was a fair venue even though they had to play 2 dates to meet demand! i love the offspring but i doubt we will ever see them headling at earls court or hyde park which would have been the next kinda venue up!

as for the set list id say offspring are one of the few bands who do mix up their set! i saw them both nights in london and although a lot of the songs were played both nights, they dropped a few and played a couple of different ones as well as changing their opening song!

however seeing green day at the start of the year then again 6 months later, i couldnt believe theyd only changed one song in the whole 2 hour set! they always seem to play certain songs in a specific order midway through the set. at first i thought their show was really spontaneous but all their shows seem identical!

i dont mean to slag them off, im just using them as an example! youd be surprised the amount of bands who dont changes their set at all for the tour!

wow, how many "!" marks did you put in

pretty_fly_white_guy858
01-02-2006, 07:48 PM
stupiddumbshitgoddamnmotherfucker

DICKON
01-03-2006, 04:07 AM
HAHA!

i live near brum 2. Bromsgrove, dont know if either of you to know it. They should play at NEC or somewhere like that cuz u can take the seats out and make it a standing venue.