PDA

View Full Version : I fucking hate stupid people.

nieh
01-04-2006, 10:21 AM
The vast majority of people I work with are...tolerable most of the time. But there are some people here that are so fucking dense that it's mind-boggling. Even some of the ones that are typically more tolerable can be absolute morons sometimes. I'll send someone an email, ask them to recheck two things. They'll reply back with an answer to one of the two things. I ask "What about blah blah blah?" and they reply "Yes" when it wasn't a yes or no question. People that have been working in their position 2 years longer than I ever did still need me to constantly hold their hand through every little thing. I have to talk to people that have been here for YEARS like it's their first day because they don't understand the difference between the lender (i.e. the mortgage company) and the abstractor (i.e. the people that pull the search from the county records). I have to explain things to people three or four different ways before they finally say "Oh, ok!" and then they do it wrong anyway. Oddly enough, the person that's been here for about a month understands what I say better than the people that have been here much longer. They'll forward emails to me after they cc'd me on the exact same email. They e-mail our abstractors (who are not in any way related to us, they're just people we purchase information from) and say "oh, we have some information in doc viewer, can you review this?" WHEN DOC VIEWER IS ONE OF OUR PROGRAMS AND THE ABSTRACTORS HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT! ARGH! This is so fucking frustrating for me.

Original prankstA
01-04-2006, 11:33 AM
good for you

Paint_It_Black
01-04-2006, 11:36 AM
good for you

Don't be offended by the topic title, he meant OTHER idiots.

Original prankstA
01-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Don't be offended by the topic title, he meant OTHER idiots.
im not offended i was being surious

ruroken
01-04-2006, 12:08 PM
That sucks ass.

I hate people who think they know what they're talking about when it's something VERY simple, and still get it wrong.
Like, one guy, said the Africans should've never come to America...what a dumbass...come...*suweeside*

killer_queen
01-04-2006, 12:14 PM
I am one of those stupid people in lessons. Not at all of them of course but while listening some certain subjects on physics lessons teachers get crazy because of my questions.
I'm not sure but people generally don't understand things which they don't want to understand.

BATWT
01-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Man that really sucks; how have these people lasted so long in this job? I mean, granted with me (as with pretty much everyone) it'll take a couple of run throughs for me to get the hang on what's going on and what's expected of me, but for people who have been in the job for years? Jesus

JohnnyNemesis
01-04-2006, 01:34 PM
Equally sad is the fact that I read all of that and wasn't the least bit surprised. People are just amazingly fuckin stupid, and it's scary.

Oh, and Original prankstA, never post anywhere again, please.

Original prankstA
01-04-2006, 01:37 PM
damn it !

T-6005
01-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I had that thought earlier today in my Anthropology class. Some girl was arguing with the professor on something that, far more than being a simple matter, was also only very loosely related to the class (read - not at all). I'm glad I wasn't the professor at that point. Even though she is awesome and I go to lecture just because she's so cool.

But yes, although I was hardly paying attention during lecture because I have trouble focusing after caffeine (like a chipmunk on speed), I was still offended on behalf of the world by stupid people.

Ugh - I'm still hardly making sense.

Something that bugs me even more than stupid people, though, are stupid people who think that they're intellectuals. People who think that the endless Bush debate empowers them to regurgitate facts shouted out endlessly by liberal media and think themselves somehow intellectually accomplished, when their argument is in truth limited to "Well, I hate Bush because he sucks". These are the people who think themselves astute and observant when they spot Bush's mistakes within a speech. Urgh.

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh noez, being surrounded by mediocre idiots is sad. Meh Josh, they should promote you so you're above them because you know better.

!ibo made a good point. You know what's ridiculous? An idiot putting on a suit thinking it will make him more intelligent.

wheelchairman
01-04-2006, 02:11 PM
As far as idiots at work go, my first assumption would be that they are just trying to avoid work/ don't care. Which is understandable.

Although they could just be dumb.

And in school, oh there are so many people out there with uneducated opinions. Who try and discuss politics without going a little bit beneath the facts they read. (To you and I, this is something we do naturally, apparently they can't.) So frustrating.

There is a very anti-American woman in my class, and she's going on about how she hates Putin, and how Putin and Bush are in co-horts. Politics just *isn't* that simple.

nieh
01-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Oh noez, being surrounded by mediocre idiots is sad. Meh Josh, they should promote you so you're above them because you know better.

I could. There's an opening for a lead position but I don't want it. I don't want to be in charge of those people. They would reflect poorly upon me.

As far as idiots at work go, my first assumption would be that they are just trying to avoid work/ don't care. Which is understandable.

Although they could just be dumb.
The ones I'm talking about are just dumb (saying "yes" to something that wasn't a yes or no question, telling someone that doesn't have access to our programs that they can find the info in that program, etc). There are some people that are lazy and just don't care, but that's not the case with most of them.

Taime13
01-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Some american asked where I was from so I said the UK and they said what state, how dumb could they be, im sure everyone knows where UK is.

Paint_It_Black
01-04-2006, 05:02 PM
They were probably asking what state in the UK you are from. Not everyone is aware that the UK does not have states, or they think that England, Scotland etc. count as states.

Original prankstA
01-04-2006, 05:33 PM
They were probably asking what state in the UK you are from. Not everyone is aware that the UK does not have states, or they think that England, Scotland etc. count as states.
people are stupid

T-6005
01-04-2006, 06:50 PM
people are stupid
Thank you for exemplifying that.

All About Eve
01-04-2006, 07:01 PM
That reminds me of my engineering class today.

"Is this right?"
"read the instructions"
"I read the instructions"
"then you should know if it's right or not"
"man I don't understand all those technoligical words!"
"it has a picture on it!"

alfhdalghewargq3 BLAH.

Paint_It_Black
01-05-2006, 04:43 PM
people are stupid

Some are just ignorant. Some are just lazy. Some are genuinely stupid. Which one are you again?

nieh
01-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Just to complain a little bit more: The only other person on my team has been out for the last two weeks (cept for 1 day last week and 1 day this week). We used to have three people, and we were understaffed at the time with those three people. One of those people left for another department almost 2 months ago and they were holding interviews for replacements before our company went into a hiring freeze, so we can't replace him. Why does a hiring freeze prevent them from moving someone from one department to another? Everyone that was going for the job already works for the company. So we have two people now and we're even more understaffed. And one of those two people is out. So it's just me. Yay. Whenever we get a helpdesk call, the phone kicks us out of the queue for 3 minutes so that we can work on the request. Today they decided that 3 minutes is too much, and they dropped it down to 30 seconds. So it's just me on the phones, and I'm getting flooded with all this shit that I can't handle. Yay for corporations.

Rocky-girl
01-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Um, yes it's fucking awful. I understand you. But sometimes I'm such person, in this days I hate myself. Often it's that days when I don't have a good sleep. So as you can see today I almost haven't sleep so I wrote awful stuped thread.

Linda
01-06-2006, 07:32 PM
nieh, I feel your pain. I can totally relate. The sad thing is, all companies are like that. There's just no getting away from it.

nieh
04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
This email hurt my head. Maybe it won't bother you guys so much but...wow.

Loan counselor: "Is the title going through APEX or through Our closing atty?"
Me: "This is going through Apex."
Loan counselor (replying to my email two days after I replied to his): "Is it The closing atty?"

blind
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
im in computer class right now hahahahahahahhah!!!!!!!!!!

im also shouldnt be, i could get a detention. hahahahahah!!!!

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Read the thread title. We hate you. Go away.

nieh
04-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Also, this one actually happened quite a while ago but it still boggles my mind.

I work for a title company. Whenever someone gets a mortgage, they need to get title insurance. When they get title insurance, the title company has to pull any mortgage against the property, check to see if the taxes have been paid, and pull the current and prior deeds to the property to show the client holds title (along with a few other things) to make sure there's no problems that need to be taken care of before the loan can close. After that brief explanation, if I was to tell you that while pulling a search on a specific property we found that there was a break in the chain of title, would you be able to make a logical guess as to what that means?

No seriously. Guess.

I gave about 5 of my friends the exact same brief description of what we do here that I just gave you and all five of them got what it meant. If there's a break in chain, it means that somewhere along the line, there was problem with the deeds. Basically someone ended up owning the property when there wasn't a deed giving it to them. Typically the chain goes A->B, B->C, C->D, etc. When there's a break in chain, it would go A->B, C->D, but nothing from B->C. One of the many many times that problem came up here, I emailed someone to follow-up on it and see if it had been corrected yet. She got up from her desk, came over to mine and said "What's a beak in chain?". She's worked here a year longer than I have, and she was acting like she never heard the phrase before. This is something that she should've had to deal with relatively often considering the number of loans we have, and when you DO have to deal with it, it's not something that goes away easily like most other issues. The fact that she's been here that long and needed me to explain what that meant to her made me almost get up and walk out of the fucking building. And of course she still works here, even though she has no idea what's going on around her and still needs people to hold her hand on every little thing. It boggles my fucking mind.

wheelchairman
04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
In my class, the girl next to me asked "how can you film your own birth, you aren't even born yet."

I mean wow.

nieh
04-04-2006, 02:41 PM
"how can you film your own birth, you aren't even born yet."

...I think you win.

Mota Boy
04-04-2006, 08:13 PM
And of course she still works here, even though she has no idea what's going on around her and still needs people to hold her hand on every little thing. It boggles my fucking mind.
Is she hot or just really nice?

One of the most mind-blowingly stupid things I ever encountered was during some intro philosophy class a couple years ago. There were a lot of stupid things said in that class (including many by my idiotic Marxist professor - he pointed to grocery workers in California going on strike because they were losing their dental plan as a sign that the system was breaking down), but the one that took the cake was this comment by some girl on animal intelligence.

Professor -"Do you think that, say, squirrels are as smart as human beings?"
Chick - "I don't know. They might be, but I don't know because I don't speak 'squirrel'."

That's one of the few times I can remember hearing something that made my jaw actually drop. Later I bumped into another girl from the class at a party and she introduced herself with "Oh hey, you're the only other intelligent person in my philosophy class." It was an intellectual wasteland.

nieh
04-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Is she hot or just really nice?

She's really nice but she's completely and totally oblivious to...everything really.

Professor -"Do you think that, say, squirrels are as smart as human beings?"
Chick - "I don't know. They might be, but I don't know because I don't speak 'squirrel'."

That sounds like an answer I would give. Was she at least half joking when she said it?

T-6005
04-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I am a stupid person. lolz ami rite? iam so rite!

z0mg n00b lolz!!!!!!11111eleventy!!!1

And drunk.

Mota Boy
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Nope. Dead serious. She went on to explain it some more as I stared at the back of her head, bug-eyed. "They could be just as smart as us, talking about things like this, but who knows what they're saying?"

WebDudette
04-05-2006, 01:37 AM
We had a English teacher who was fluent in Spanish last year and on the first day half of my fucking class asked her how to say there names in Spanish. Even after she told them it's the same damn thing over and over.

I wasn't people with names like Robert or George, It was people with names like Bob and Veronica and Cody.

This is one of the many times people in my various English classes have gave me a headache trying to comprehend how some people can be so moronic. this is just the only occurence I can think of right now.

Edit: Also a girl in my Science class in 8th grade asked why the Greenbay Packers were a United States Football team if they were from Pakistan.