PDA

View Full Version : Idea

Drummerguy123
01-04-2006, 04:42 PM
I saw this on the Myspace.com forums and I thought it was an interesting idea for trolls and spam accounts and whatnot. How about having a new member have a waiting period of one week until they are allowed to begin posting. It should stop, or at least slow down, any spammers/trolls. I dunno, it's just an idea...

Conspiracy of One
01-04-2006, 04:46 PM
No, it's just delaying their spamming by seven days. It's still going to happen, be it a week later than planned or not. Also it might deter others who arent going to spam from posting.

Drummerguy123
01-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, it's not like we need new posters. I think we have plenty already.

Human
01-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Well, it's not like we need new posters. I think we have plenty already.
Okay, first of all, we never needed these boards in the first place and it never needed new posters, second of all, your idea sounds good, but explain what it would do for us, all of the prospects that you think we would benefit out of doing this.

Endymion
01-04-2006, 05:31 PM
no. and it's been suggested before.

Drummerguy123
01-04-2006, 05:32 PM
no. and it's been suggested before.

Oh, sorry. I did not know that. I apologize.

Endymion
01-04-2006, 05:49 PM
although it would, maybe, slow spamming, people come here to ask questions or talk about the show they just went to etc etc. no one signs up to talk about such things a week in advance.

Cejus
01-04-2006, 05:58 PM
no one signs up to talk about such things a week in advance.
Yeah, that's the point. When I first joined this forum, it was because I wanted to answer some question on a thread. If I would have had to wait a week to post on this thread, I would have let it go. So, I don't like this idea; there are better ways to stop the spamming and trolling, e.g. moderators/admins.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-04-2006, 06:19 PM
We have spamming and trolling pretty much under control now. We don't really need this.

Mota Boy
01-04-2006, 08:56 PM
While it's an interesting idea, I think it'd be more likely to put off potential board members than prevent spamming.

HornyPope
01-04-2006, 09:49 PM
What Dave said.

Newbie trolls and spammers are absolutly no bother. What we don't want is to chase after an existing user and weight on whether his posts are troll-like or not. But after someone has been identified, deleting his posts is a matter of few clicks.

the_GoDdEsS
01-05-2006, 02:03 AM
Usually the people who lurk for a while and then join seem more decent. But that's because they want to have a look at what the forum is like first.