PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm a ninja.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-05-2006, 04:10 AM
I had my first Ninjutsu lesson yesterday, my whole body is aching.

But I'm a ninja <3

wheelchairman
01-05-2006, 07:21 AM
Are you also part of Brokeback Mountain?

Preocupado
01-05-2006, 07:23 AM
Ninja MSI, how does a ninja kill the neighbour's dogs without being noticed?

Sunny
01-05-2006, 07:25 AM
i wanna be a ninja too!! *pouts*

T-6005
01-05-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm more of a ninja than you are.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Are you also part of Brokeback Mountain?

What's that?

I can't wait until I get to play with weapons, and look cool at the same time <3

killer_queen
01-05-2006, 10:00 AM
So, what do you do? I mean, what do they teach you?

Chimera512
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
probably nothing that has anything to do with real historical ninja.

I can't wait until I get to play with weapons, and look cool at the same time <3

you can dress up in all black and run around with a sword or a grappeling hook and not have to shell out huge amounts of money monthly for "ninja training." make sure the guy you're training with isn't full of shit, which more then likely, he is.

offspring fan
01-05-2006, 12:41 PM
I had my first Ninjutsu lesson yesterday, my whole body is aching.

But I'm a ninja <3
just like the turtles?????

Megs
01-05-2006, 12:44 PM
the ultimate would be ginga ninja! :D

Vera
01-05-2006, 01:21 PM
So I suppose you're officially allowed to flip out & kill people?

ruroken
01-05-2006, 01:22 PM
HAhahahaha!!! Vera kicks ass!

Sunny
01-05-2006, 01:22 PM
real ultimate powerrrr!!11

ruroken
01-05-2006, 01:25 PM
One time, I was at a restaurant, and a guy dropped a spoon, and the ninja totally flipped out and killed everyone. it was totally sweet.

Something like that, is awesome. Real Ultimate Hippos is funnier, though.

Anya82
01-05-2006, 01:28 PM
me likes ninjas!!
that's cool, girl!

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2006, 01:30 PM
And MSI steals my heart yet again.

I've always had a thing for Ninjas who are into shaving their heads (or part of their heads).

*heart flutters* <3 <3

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
probably nothing that has anything to do with real historical ninja.

You're right, it's only the traditional martial art of the ninja which originated almost a thousand years ago in Japan.

Throughout the years there have always been ONE grandmaster (Soke) to carry out the tradition. To this day it's Masaaki Hatsumi who's the 34th. He combined the essence of the 9 schools (blah blah) and established Bujinkan Dojo. An international organisation with "schools" around the world.

I'm going to be taught faighting with chainweapons, knifes, swords and "sticks". How to kick, punch, throw, make locks and blah. Buuuut, first off just some basic techniques.

Vera
01-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Teh real ninjaz also used chemicals, they could make poisons and smoke bombs and cool shit like that.

Wow, that make me sound like a terrorist-wannabe.

I'm just saying, everything with ninjas is pretty much cool.

sKratch
01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Batman is the only real ninja.

Vera
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Ninja turtles, bitch.

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Batman is lame in every single way.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
I had ninja turtles rollerblades when I was four, darn how I miss them.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-05-2006, 03:07 PM
You're right, it's only the traditional martial art of the ninja which originated almost a thousand years ago in Japan.

Throughout the years there have always been ONE grandmaster (Soke) to carry out the tradition. To this day it's Masaaki Hatsumi who's the 34th. He combined the essence of the 9 schools (blah blah) and established Bujinkan Dojo. An international organisation with "schools" around the world.

I'm going to be taught faighting with chainweapons, knifes, swords and "sticks". How to kick, punch, throw, make locks and blah. Buuuut, first off just some basic techniques.
I got 5 or 6 lessons of taekwondo and some muppet beating skills, so I challenge you.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I got 5 or 6 lessons of taekwondo and some muppet beating skills, so I challenge you.

Ninjas only fight to kill, is that what you want?

Anya82
01-05-2006, 03:10 PM
this remembers me there was a thread about ninjas and pirates...
i never understood why some people like pirates more then ninjas

Anya82
01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Batman is nothing without money.......... wait... oooh!! now i see why some people find him cool.. hahaha

sKratch
01-05-2006, 03:23 PM
Batman is nothing without money.......... wait... oooh!! now i see why some people find him cool.. hahaha
Everyone is nothing without the thing that makes them something.

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2006, 03:23 PM

Exactly. He fuckin' sucks. Aint nothing cool or special about him.

Vera
01-05-2006, 03:24 PM
How can Batman be anything but cool? At first he was all spandex and boytoy sidekick heroes, then he's angst and dark latex, then he's more gothy shit, then he's a sell-out and now he's a troubled hero with a father syndrome. Nothing but love for Brucey.

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Everyone is nothing without the thing that makes them something.

Yeah, but when that "thing" is MONEY, it's just pretty fuckin' lame. Hell, Rupert Murdoch could be Batman if he wanted. Donald Trump could be Batman if he wanted. Lame lame laaaaaame.

pirates are sexy & dashing, ninjas... i dunno it just isn't my thing, I wasn't brought up to like ninjas in a sense. nothing attractive about them in a way. pirates are so much more romantic -& romanticized. their adventures, their parrots, their devilish good looks, their charm, their wit, their gait when they danced on the gangway...

http://www.turismorota.com/YouthExchange2004/Bigfotos_9/Finnish%20pirate.jpg

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
I got 5 or 6 lessons of tae-kwon-do and some muppet beating skills, so I challenge you.
So do I...only I am a red belt :p...so 2 more belts and I will be a Black Belt

Woohoo:D

sKratch
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah, but when that "thing" is MONEY, it's just pretty fuckin' lame. Hell, Rupert Murdoch could be Batman if he wanted. Donald Trump could be Batman if he wanted. Lame lame laaaaaame.
Blah Batman's story is much deeper than having money. Read the Frank Miller comics. His effectiveness is far more admirable when you consider the fact that he has no real superpowers. You just hate him cause he's a rich white man ;/

the_offsprings_monkey
01-05-2006, 03:44 PM
So do I...only I am a red belt :p...so 2 more belts and I will be a Black Belt

Woohoo:D
heh but have you done boxing with a cockney geezer ;)

coke_a_holic
01-05-2006, 03:46 PM
sKratch is right, batman pwnz and you guys are just jealous that he's a millionaire playboy who can figuratively and literally kick ass. I've never seen such great use of onomatopoeia as in the batman comics I have lying around my room somewhere.

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 03:48 PM
heh but have you done boxing with a cockney geezer ;)
Nope, can't say I have...

But I've been doing Tae Kwon Do since I was 6

JohnnyNemesis
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
Blah Batman's story is much deeper than having money. Read the Frank Miller comics. His effectiveness is far more admirable when you consider the fact that he has no real superpowers.

Meh, everyone's story is deeper than it appears at first! MEH!

You just hate him cause he's a rich white man ;/

This is true. If you didn't have such a massive tool, I might hate you too :(

wheelchairman
01-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Batman's only special power is money. Whoopee.

Superman is the only real superhero. Not to mention he was created by the YCL.

Chimera512
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Superman is the only real superhero. what? superman is a frigging cheater. there's only one thing that beats him. he's also pretty boring, there's no internal stuggle at work in any of the superman i've been exposed to (maybe i'm reading the wrong books). I'm more a fan of the Marvel universe myself, where the characters have depth and have problems beyond getting rid of the kryptonite or spending all their money.

skratch, you have that miller batman and want to give it to me some time? or does camusi have it? ( i have no idea how to spell his name)

question for Nirushika6789:
does the belt progress happen just over time or through the performance of kata or forms and practical challenges like "kick these two n00bs' asses"? I practice Kung Fu and we don't use a belt system at all, once you get into class you know who can kick your ass and who can't so there's no need to have a badge displaying that or how much money you've put into classes like you'd get at the McDojo nearest you.

Anya82
01-05-2006, 06:28 PM
Kung Fu is cool and fun. A friend of mine was teaching me the basics, and i really really liked it very mucho.

Vera
01-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Bullshit Superman is the only real superhero. He's the only who was born with his powers, given, and thus Superman is his *real* identity, while Clark Kent is his fake identity, but that doesn't make Peter Parker any less of a superhero - isn't it better that if you get powers, you start using them for good instead of using them to gain power for yourself or something? That's heroic.

Though the X-Men were also born with their powers, they didn't "get them" apart from a couple of who were enchanced, like Wolverine.

But like Chimera said, Superman has no inner struggle or anything that makes him interesting.

Sin Studly
01-06-2006, 05:20 AM

Val Kilmer once played batman. Therefore, you're dead to me.

killer_queen
01-06-2006, 05:27 AM
Oh, come on, Batman is the best superhero. He is very strong without all those unnatural powers. Plus, he has the money and yes, it makes him special.
And Justin, I can't understand why you love Val Kilmer. That guy is not hot or cool or anything. He's just a good actor. And absolutely, he is the worst Bruce Wayne.

kami_mathieu
01-06-2006, 05:30 AM
falce, superman DOES have an inner struggle, figuring out where he came from and who his real father is.

while reading a this post, I desided to make a list of quallities a supero must posess:

-being good, jusing your power to battle evil, even if this means chosing other peoples lives over your own.

-having a certain power no one else has, this power must be supernatural and not techonlogical. this power must be usable in combat.

-a superhero must appear in the local newspaper at least once a day. (daily planet for superman etc.)

-the superhero must have two identeties, one being the superhero, the other the "normal" person with inner struggle.

-mercy, even when a supperhero has the chance to kill his worst enemy, he desides not to.

-a supername: although this one seems obvious, a superhero requires a supername, witch is usualy thought up by the newspaper he appears in.

-the supperhero must have a cool suit or armor to give him protection, this armor may or may not have aditional special abilities.

-the superhero must be musseled and tall.

thus, by following these simple rules I can conclude that only battman fails at to manny rules to be a real supperhero, and therfore is just a hero in a batsuit.

superman is the best superhero according to these rules, becouse he has all these qualities.

Vera
01-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Superman is so a thing of the past, man. If you don't think Batman is cool, go see Batman Begins. If you don't think Spiderman is cool, go see Spider-Man 2. If you still think Superman is the coolest superhero, go fuck yourself and die in a ditch.

Seriously, though, I think there's no special list of superhero attributes that make someone the best superhero or something. Maybe this is the fact I have girl bits speaking but I think what makes someone a good superhero is not just their superhuman qualities, but also their human qualities.

With Batman the human qualities are the only qualities he has (except being a leet ninja is kind of superhuman) but his desire to bring justice is so strong he goes out all his way to become a masked crime fighter. His human qualities are his superhuman qualities, but the thing that truly makes him interesting is that it's questionable if he's doing it for noble values or because it's a way to resolve the strong battle within.

Also,

-the superhero must have two identeties, one being the superhero, the other the "normal" person with inner struggle.

Does not apply for Superman since his REAL identity is Superman and his fake one is Clark Kent. The struggle he has is with his REAL identity, not Clark Kent.

-a superhero must appear in the local newspaper at least once a day. (daily planet for superman etc.)

Bullshit. This is written to be completely biased towards Superman.

kami_mathieu
01-06-2006, 06:21 AM
Bullshit. This is written to be completely biased towards Superman.

wrong, does'nt spiderman appear in newspapers? (his newspaper even ave out a cash award for the best spiderman picture, hence peter parkers job as a fotographer.)

and this quallity is even pro batman as he too appears in newspapers.

and as for me liking superman, I the oldschool stuf: I love vynils and I still play space invaders, and superman kinda fits in there.

Vera
01-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Yeah, but daily? Pfft. It's a superhero cliché but can't be listed as a requirement IMO.

kami_mathieu
01-06-2006, 06:53 AM
I disagrea, a superhero must have a way to make himself known to the masses, otherwise people won't be able to say look its
*insert superhero here*. you could say that this media doesn't nessisarely have to be a newspaper, but in my opinion a telivision newsreader will never beat the rotating newspaper that sudently stops, so you can read the headline saying "superman saves women from burning building".

Chimera512
01-06-2006, 09:22 AM
being good, jusing your power to battle evil, even if this means chosing other peoples lives over your own.
ok, that i won't argue with, but i will take issure with other things in your post.

this power must be supernatural and not techonlogica
so you're saying that neither bat man, iron man, or any other superhero that comes about through technology isn't a spuperhero? that leaves out alot of people, wouldn't you be leaving out Captain America and the rest of the Avengers/Ultimates who are enhanced super soldiers essentially? (excluding The Wasp who's a mutant)

a superhero must appear in the local newspaper at least once a day. (daily planet for superman etc.)
Vera has covvered this point nicely already, some media recognition is inevitable but not required of a superhero, it's an effect of there super-ness, not a requirment for it.

none of the x men really have other identities, the whole point is that a mutant is what they are and they have to face that daily, not that they can hid it and put on regular clothes and ignore their powers.

mercy, even when a supperhero has the chance to kill his worst enemy, he desides not to.
not sure this is required, that seems like a quaility in the unquestionably good characters, not greyer characters who are not always so good. (i'm short on examples at the moment for that)

a supername: although this one seems obvious, a superhero requires a supername, witch is usualy thought up by the newspaper he appears in.
again i think you're assuming too much media invovment, all the x-men chose their names, i imagine batman had that name at least in the back of his mind because he looks like a bat when he wears it.

the supperhero must have a cool suit or armor to give him protection, this armor may or may not have aditional special abilities.
this contradicts your point about the non-technological nature of the superpowers, again, i'm not sure a costume is entirely nessesary.

-the superhero must be musseled and tall.
maybe classically they were, to be more impossing and be physically more super, but wolverine is really short, and i've never gotten the impression any feamle superheros were super tall, that also depends on the era you're talking about in the illustration, and who's doing it.

shouldn't how you define superheor vs. hero have more to do with the scope of the actions performed then in the awesomeness of their suits or powers?

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Oh, come on, Batman is the best superhero. He is very strong without all those unnatural powers. Plus, he has the money and yes, it makes him special.
And Justin, I can't understand why you love Val Kilmer. That guy is not hot or cool or anything. He's just a good actor. And absolutely, he is the worst Bruce Wayne.

I would have agreed with you once upon a time.

Then I saw Tombstone. That changed EVERYTHING.

If you've seen Tombstone and are still saying that, then...I, I dunno what to say to you.

killer_queen
01-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Nah. But I have seen Top Secret. =P

0r4ng3
01-06-2006, 03:03 PM
I don't like Superman simply because he is too strong. As someone who has played a few video games, I have an issue with overpowered characters.

His only weakness is kryptonite, which is total bullshit. How does every single villain end up with this stuff, anyway? Why would rocks from his own planet destroy him? Yeah, I know, it's a whole atmosphere thing, but it just doesn't make much sense, compared to other superheros.

Superheros are superheros because of their weaknesses, and how they use their powers to overcome them.