PDA

View Full Version : Which Would You Choose?

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok.I'm getting a new guitar and I've narrowed it down to these two...

http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Product/EG00563.jpg
RG350ex
Ibanez Wizard II neck.
3pc. Maple Neck Material.
Basswood Body.
24 Jumbo frets.
Bound Rosewood Finger Board.
Ibanez Edge III bridge.
Ibanez INF3 Humbucker Neck PU.
Ibanez INFS3 Singlecoil Mid PU.
Ibanez INF4 Humbucker Bridge PU.
Sharktooth Inlay.
Hardware Color: Black.
Colour: Black.
Also , It has a tremelo bar which the NDM,that we can buy, doesn't

http://www.imuso.co.uk/images/Product/EG00420.jpg
NDM1
Based on the classic Ibanez Talman models that Noodles has played since 1993.
Basswood body hand-wrapped in duct tape and finished in poly.
Fixed bridge with steel saddles offers durability, simplicity and strong sustain.
Special 5-Way switching provides a wide variety of pickup combinations.
3pc neck.
Basswood body.
Medium frets.
Fixed bridge.
INF1 Humbucker neck pickup.
INFS1 Single Coil mid pickup.
INF2 Humbucker bridge pickup.
Thru-body stringing offers improved articulation with greater sustain

So far I am favouring towards the RG350ex,I love the look,the sound etc but I wanted some opinons before I bought it....I also love the NDM because of it's look and sound and because Noodles plays it but still I am favouring the RG

Btw...please don't just say the NDM because it's Noodles'...I want real guitar players opinons and why I should choose the one they said...

I have played both before ,just so you know :D

The Talking Pie
01-05-2006, 04:23 PM
The first one. Namely because of the bridge, the number of frets and fret-access (you can reach more higher frets on that one than the Noodles one). Oh, and it's black. Shame about the scratchplate, though.

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Ok, thanks...

And I like the scratch plate...I thought it added contrast...and it will stop scratches on the body too, which I like

Original prankstA
01-05-2006, 04:29 PM
the ndm1 is so rockin one of these days im gettin one

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
the ndm1 is so rockin one of these days im gettin one
Why though...come on give me some reasons...

Is it just because Noodles plays it or is it for its playing capabilites...REASONS! :D...share them with me

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Conspiracy Of One's Thoughts --

Go for the RG350, you'll get alot extra out of the tremelo bar. And also as Dave said you can get to the higher notes because of the shallow cutout, unlike the NDM. I'm assuming it's just like my Talman, I cant get way in there for soloing that well because of that high cutout. But I do like the duct-tape paint job on the NDM, but I find that as one of the only perks.

Original prankstA
01-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Why though...come on give me some reasons...

Is it just because Noodles plays it or is it for its playing capabilites...REASONS! :D...share them with me
fixed bridge

Original prankstA
01-05-2006, 04:55 PM
you voted for the RG350ex so it's obviously the one you want more

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 04:57 PM
you voted for the RG350ex so it's obviously the one you want more
If you read all of the opening post I wrote you would have known that already...see

So far I am favouring towards the RG350ex,I love the look,the sound etc but I wanted some opinons before I bought it....I also love the NDM because of it's look and sound and because Noodles plays it but still I am favouring the RG

I just want some opinons on both and which is the best

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Come on there is bound to be more guitarists out there

NDM1
01-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Well I have played on teh NDM1 but i can't say ive played on the other one. I actually liked the NDM1 a lot but it leaves some to be desired. I thought i wanted one just because Noodles plays it, but you gotta think about YOU not noodles. The duct tape wears off pretty quick, at the local music shop right where you rest your arm when you are playing the duct tape was coming off. I would have to say the RG.

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 05:49 PM
^Ah...thanks for helping me out...I don't want a guitar that overtime will start you look 'rugged'

So far almost everyone is in favour of the Rg350ex...

So...anyone else care to help me out a little?

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Anyone at all?

neocon58
01-05-2006, 06:39 PM
The RG is way more playable than a talman. I have a RG 320FM, which is basically identical to the one your looking at apart from looks, and it's just easier to play than a strat or talman IMO.

Those Floyd Rose style bridges on the RGs can be a learning curve but once you know how to deal with them you are set for life, and if you aren't sure on how to set up or change strings on a floyd rose, go to ultimate-guitar.com and look at the tutorials there. If you can't be bothered learning about the bridge and will just take it to a guitar shop to get set up or restrung then that makes it easier, the RG gets my vote by a long shot. I'd like to own the Noodles model one day but frankly the RG pwnz it.

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks a bunch...
http://images.misupply.com/products/full/Ibanez/90344.jpg
^Thats your guitar..AWESOME!

And yea I know the Floyd Rose style bridge will be a bit of bother but I'll go a few times to the local guitar shop and they can show me how to do it...I've read the ones on UG but I always learn something better if I can see it right in front of my eyes, happening!

Thanks again for your comments:D

The Talking Pie
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
Get the RG and cover it with duct tape.

Nirushika6789
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Haha, not a bad idea but no I really Love the RG's look...It's so clean cut..and the way the white scratchplate contrasts the lovely shiny black body *sighs*

Nah, I wouldn't cover it up...And so many people have said to me that the 'Duct tape' wears off , which is bound to make it look crap

neocon58
01-05-2006, 11:40 PM
Regardless, BUY THE RG. With the Noodles model your paying more just because it's a signature, you get better value for money buying the RG.

Original prankstA
01-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Well I have played on teh NDM1 but i can't say ive played on the other one. I actually liked the NDM1 a lot but it leaves some to be desired. I thought i wanted one just because Noodles plays it, but you gotta think about YOU not noodles. The duct tape wears off pretty quick, at the local music shop right where you rest your arm when you are playing the duct tape was coming off. I would have to say the RG.
probably cuz a whole bunch of people play the same one over and over day after day, and if you get a strap and stand up you won't be resting you arm on anything although maybe you have a unique technique while playing stanting up

Nirushika6789
01-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Regardless, BUY THE RG. With the Noodles model your paying more just because it's a signature, you get better value for money buying the RG.
Yea...I pretty much guessed that too...

Thanks for all of your comments

The RG will be mine :D

offspring fan
01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
i dont know annything about guitars but the NDM1 was coolest...

NDM1
01-06-2006, 10:12 AM
probably cuz a whole bunch of people play the same one over and over day after day, and if you get a strap and stand up you won't be resting you arm on anything although maybe you have a unique technique while playing stanting up

Yes i realize that, but you don't see anything on the other guitars there "coming off". It's not that the thing was so beaten up, i've heard and seen this other places too. It is supposed to be athentic duct tape so what's it going to do? Come off. Go with the RG.

coke_a_holic
01-06-2006, 03:05 PM
Tremolo Bar = <3333

Go with the RG for sure.

T-6005
01-06-2006, 03:35 PM
The RG, definitely. Personally, I wouldn't pick either - I don't like where Ibanez puts their volume knobs, it hampers me and I'm not used to feeling it there.

But where specs are concerned, it's far more versatile.

Nirushika6789
01-06-2006, 03:38 PM
The RG, definitely. Personally, I wouldn't pick either - I don't like where Ibanez puts their volume knobs, it hampers me and I'm not used to feeling it there.

But where specs are concerned, it's far more versatile.
Ah ok...I've played on both models and it hasn't bothered me so ...thats why I narrowed it down to both of those :D

And thanks...

Fdsajoe
01-08-2006, 10:16 AM
thats a close one, but i would go for the RG. I bought an RG recently with the same shark tooth inlays. All the Ibanez necks have a nice feel to them. I know people have said they like that scratchplate, but i dont like the look of it. It also has a floyd rose system, proabably not official. Floyd Rose can be a pain when tuning to drop D but other times useful.

The Rg series is also Dexters favourite as well :)

Zero
01-08-2006, 07:37 PM
I would go with the RG...it will have a better quality too it than the NDM. With the RG, Ibanez is trying to sell a product, with the NDM they are trying to sell a name. The duct tape finish is cool, but I would feel like I'm copying if I got that. I would want my own cool finish. But that's just me.

neocon58
01-11-2006, 07:26 PM
It also has a floyd rose system, proabably not official. Floyd Rose can be a pain when tuning to drop D but other times useful.

Edge IIIs, like the one in the RG she is looking at are really good. Fantastic if you keep them in one tuning, DO NOT ATTEMPT alternate tunings with Floyd Rose style bridges, EVER!

You basically have to give your guitar a full setup every time you want to change tunings, so if your one of these people that change tunings often then maybe the RG isn't for you.

I have an RG and a Strat with an invader so I use the strat for alternate tunings.

Oh, if you don't buy the RG, I will kill you.

>:->
01-11-2006, 08:26 PM
about the NDM1, I hate the damn duct tape finish.

Jebus
01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
If you're the type of person who likes to change tunings constantly, the ndm would be better suited for that since it has a fixed bridge. Even so, the ndm is pretty much a featureless average guitar that isn't worth the money. You'd be better off with an rg321mh, RGT42DXFX, or SZ520QM if you have your heart set on an ibanez around the ndm price range. Of course, you could also check out some other brands such as ESP or Yamaha and keep your options open.

I myself have an rg350ex and I couldn't be happier with it. I love the fret access, feel, tone, and overall construction. It could do with better pickups but I could wait to change them. I play metal and some other genres that sometimes require the use of a trem which is why I bought it. The downside to owning a guitar with a trem is that's a bitch to tune. It's a bit more complicated than a fixed bridge but you eventually get the hand of it. That's why I recommend you go for a fixed bridge guitar other than the ndm if you change tunings constantly.

Most of what I said probably has been said before but I haven't read the whole thread.

DO NOT ATTEMPT alternate tunings with Floyd Rose style bridges, EVER!
I do it all the time. Don't say that.

Nirushika6789
01-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Edge IIIs, like the one in the RG she is looking at are really good. Fantastic if you keep them in one tuning, DO NOT ATTEMPT alternate tunings with Floyd Rose style bridges, EVER!

You basically have to give your guitar a full setup every time you want to change tunings, so if your one of these people that change tunings often then maybe the RG isn't for you.

I have an RG and a Strat with an invader so I use the strat for alternate tunings.

Oh, if you don't buy the RG, I will kill you.
Haha, don't worry...I am ordering it tomorrow at the guitar shop :D...

and I know what you mean about the tunings...but I can always use my other guitar for alternate tunings ...at least until I get the hang of changing the tunings ;-)

If you're the type of person who likes to change tunings constantly, the ndm would be better suited for that since it has a fixed bridge. Even so, the ndm is pretty much a featureless average guitar that isn't worth the money. You'd be better off with an rg321mh, RGT42DXFX, or SZ520QM if you have your heart set on an ibanez around the ndm price range. Of course, you could also check out some other brands such as ESP or Yamaha and keep your options open.
I don't change tunings too much...although as I have already said I can use my other guitar for that...
I have went through all of the Ibanez's and when I seen that one I just fell in love :p...

I would go with the RG...it will have a better quality too it than the NDM. With the RG, Ibanez is trying to sell a product, with the NDM they are trying to sell a name. The duct tape finish is cool, but I would feel like I'm copying if I got that. I would want my own cool finish. But that's just me.#
I never thought about that...I wouldn't want to have the same finish as Noodles...thats his...and it really suits him
and I never thought about the NDM trying to sell a name either....I just immediatedly thought 'Hey Noodles Plays it, Its got to be a great guitar'.Guess I was wrong!

Thanks everyone for all you've said...I've ordered the RG350ex :D Thanks For Helping Me Out! :D

neocon58
01-13-2006, 10:14 PM
I do it all the time. Don't say that.

But if you had another guitar with a fixed bridge, would you bother chaging the tuning on a floyd rose guitar?

H1T_That
01-14-2006, 06:03 AM
i dunno anything about guitars......but i knwo the first one looks cooler than the one noodles plays.