PDA

View Full Version : The Official Football (soccer) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

BATWT
01-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Seeing as the NFL thread is doing so well, I feel it's time we stopped neglecting the true beautiful game. I searched the forums and found that nobody has made a thread celebrating proper football yet (unless it was worded other than "official football/soccer thread") so here it is.

Post it up football fans: How do you think your team's doing / Looking forward to the world cup? Who do you think'll win it? / Premiership news etc etc

arak0r
01-06-2006, 03:48 PM
ahem. celtic are doing pretty damn good. roy keane could be making his debut soon (tomorrow i think), juventus are doing excellent. tottenham arent doing too shabby either :p

BATWT
01-06-2006, 03:54 PM
He's debuting tomorrow yep, against Clyde in the CIS Cup. I would watch with my dad but unfortunately the match clashes with Villa vs Hull. But knowing Villa I'd probably end up watching Celtic anyway.

And Henry has just "pledged his future" to Arsenal. He's off to Barca then..

Actually, no, the Celtic match is on Sunday. Excellento.

arak0r
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
He's debuting tomorrow yep, against Clyde in the CIS Cup. I would watch with my dad but unfortunately the match clashes with Villa vs Hull. But knowing Villa I'd probably end up watching Celtic anyway.

And Henry has just "pledged his future" to Arsenal. He's off to Barca then..

Actually, no, the Celtic match is on Sunday. Excellento.

id love to see him at barca. lord knows arsenal will do something to fuck up and hell want to leave ala vieira anyways

I am the lightning rod
01-06-2006, 06:07 PM
is there more than two soccer fans on these boards?

arak0r
01-06-2006, 06:41 PM
fuck off already. it would be are. not is.

Original prankstA
01-06-2006, 07:40 PM
is there more than two soccer fans on these boards?
no, soccer is officially the gayest sport a man can play

Dive
01-06-2006, 09:08 PM
The Villa did well over the festive period, but I'm extremely nervous about tomorrow with the Doncaster debacle still fresh in my memory. But speaking of Celtic, it's kind of sad to see Sutton sign with Small Heath.

Twinkle
01-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Actually, there is a soccer thread, which just shows how unuseful the search button really is. Do you mean for fans or players?

Paint_It_Black
01-06-2006, 10:21 PM

Further proof that you're an idiot. As if we needed it.

Internet Pirate
01-06-2006, 10:32 PM
this thread sucks. i hate soccer.

BATWT
01-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Well, Villa won. A nice 61st minute Gaz Barry goal separating us from the Mighty Hull :eek: still, nice to see Villa finally getting past the third stage for the first time in like 4/5 years.

Everyone who is posting on here announcing that they do not like football are idiots; this isn't a voice your opinions on the sport thread so be off with you, irksome fools.

platinumpt
01-07-2006, 07:07 AM
pff. The "premier league" on my country stopped during these last weeks, because of Christmas time and New Year. It sucked. Anyway it starts again this weekend, and my fav team F C Porto is playing against Boavista this sunday. If we win, we'll have 6 points advantage over S L Benfica (the guys who assraped Manchester United), which is the 2nd place.

EDIT: By the way, Andy, great thread. As a soccer fanatic that I am, it's always great to see a place in which we can discuss football matters at our own pleasure. But I'm positive that a thread like this has been created before.

Megs
01-07-2006, 07:16 AM
this thread sucks. i hate soccer.
Well then, simple way to solve this problem....don't bother posting in the thread.

BATWT
01-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Yeah, there may have been one made before but I must have spent three minutes searching but couldn't find one. There was a World Cup thread made, but we all just went off on a tangent about football in general.

The UK football leagues are amongst the only ones in Europe that do not have a Christmas break - something that almost everyone who plays/manages is annoyed at, as it involves about 4 games in 8 days, followed by a weekend of FA Cup action. The teams with the smaller squads really suffer then as it is to tiring on players. Still, it's great for the fans.

You're a Porto man then? What is your opinion on Jose Mourinho?

Well then, simple way to solve this problem....don't bother posting in the thread.
*applause*

Chris
01-07-2006, 02:06 PM
the luton - liverpool match....what a corker

best game of football i've watched in ages

BATWT
01-07-2006, 02:12 PM
I know, it was an absolute corker. Xabi Alonso's first goal was absolutely amazing. Then again, the second for Luton was pretty great as well - great finish.

I couldn't help but laugh when Alonso got the fifth though, was a proper premiership two-finger salute. But who would have thought that Sinema Pongolle (sp) would make such an impact on a game?

Good to see Villa winning!

Twinkle
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm confused. Can we only talk about other people who play, or for the actual players of soccer(football)?

I am the lightning rod
01-07-2006, 02:19 PM
i wasnt trying to be a dick or anything when i posted that, i was just wondering

Chris
01-07-2006, 02:20 PM
well Arsenal are through so I'm happy, hope there's some more upsets in the replays - would like to see Nuneaton knock out 'Boro

BATWT
01-07-2006, 02:20 PM
This is to talk about the game; if you want to talk about playing it then please do. But this is more of a discussion of games, leagues, etc than anything else

darko
01-07-2006, 02:21 PM
so i take it your not really going to bother with the Scottish league?

BATWT
01-07-2006, 02:23 PM
And why not? I've got Celtic in my blood, and shall be watching the match tomorrow. Just a shame Sutton went to fucking Birmingham.

darko
01-07-2006, 02:24 PM
oh right....where are they in the league.....above or below Rangers?

BATWT
01-07-2006, 02:25 PM
Above - it's Celtics turn to win it this year.

darko
01-07-2006, 02:27 PM
hahaha...dont they say that every year?

Twinkle
01-07-2006, 02:28 PM
Have you heard of the high school league? They're great. Really, really great.

BATWT
01-07-2006, 02:29 PM
That's true, that's true. Let's hope we don't get another final day like we did last season. I almost died.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Liverpool :D:D:D:D

arak0r
01-07-2006, 07:08 PM
oh right....where are they in the league.....above or below Rangers?

its not even really close at the moment.

darko
01-08-2006, 11:36 AM
ahh can quite believe that.....lost track of the league since i finished w the ex

BATWT
01-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Celtic are 7 points ahead of 2nd place Hearts. Rangers are floundering in 4th, something ridiculous like 17 points behind. Heh, Heh. Problem is, Celtic are out of the Tennants thanks to a purely shit game against Clyde. CLYDE!

But a good day of FA Cup football; a very good result for Confrence side Burton, drawing 0-0 to Man United. Imagine the money that side will be getting when they replay at Old Trafford. Insane.

darko
01-08-2006, 11:45 AM
i know Rangers won 5-0 to peterhead.....

the_offsprings_monkey
01-08-2006, 11:49 AM
I think liverpool will finish 2nd this year :(

arak0r
01-08-2006, 11:54 AM
meanwhile leyton orient knocked down fulham

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 01:18 PM
What the hell is with all the awesome games recently? 5-3 to Liverpool after being 1-3 down, 0-0 Burton and Man U, and now Leicester beating Tottenham 3-2 in the last minute of injury time? I can barely cope.

Andy
01-08-2006, 02:17 PM
It's the FA Cup. And we love it.

arak0r
01-08-2006, 03:24 PM
What the hell is with all the awesome games recently? 5-3 to Liverpool after being 1-3 down, 0-0 Burton and Man U, and now Leicester beating Tottenham 3-2 in the last minute of injury time? I can barely cope.
FUCK. didnt know spurs lost :( damnit

Tijs
01-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Being on the subject of football, did any you happened to see the movie 'Green Street Hooligans (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385002/)'?
A movie about football hooligans (mainly West Ham United).

arak0r
01-08-2006, 04:16 PM
that movie was fucking excellent. still would like to find a full dvd rip or whatever

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah, with Elijah Wood, right?

I never got around to seeing that film, a) because I hate West Ham
and b) because I wouldn't have been able to stop laughing at Elijah Wood playing the tough guy.

But other than that, I heard it was quite good.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:26 PM
FUCK. didnt know spurs lost :( damnit

Yup, it was so cruel. Literally last minute of injury time. And I believed Spurs scored first.

Tijs
01-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Like arak0r said, the movie is fucking excellent. Watch it, you'll be surprised at how tough Elijah Wood can be.

that movie was fucking excellent. still would like to find a full dvd rip or whatever
My brother has it on DVD, with costum subtitles which is VERY annoying since they often don't match the actual words said in the movie.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:28 PM
My brother has it on DVD, with costum subtitles which is VERY annoying since they often don't match the actual words said in the movie.

Ugh, yeah. Sometimes I watch DVDs in bed with very low sound and subtitles (since I don't want to wake everyone up) and the words hardly match the subtitles at all. Frasier's particularly bad.

arak0r
01-08-2006, 04:28 PM
bah. they really need to get a defense, as nice as the idea of christian vieiri joining them would be, they really dont need another forward

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:36 PM
It's a weird thing with Spurs. What they have is a quality team, they just can't seem to be consistent. I agree with the idea they need to strengthen their defence, Ledley King is probably their only class defender.

Awesome midfield though, and an attack that should get so many more goals with the likes of Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe in there. They really do not need another forward - they've already got about 5/6! Unless someone leaves; people are always interested in Defoe, and I've heard Keane isn't too happy with the football he's getting.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Keane was doing alright today. Had a few decent chances. But yeah, they need to strengthen up at the back - the right-back and centre-back positions are completely woeful.

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I really rate Keane, i think he's a quality player. I tell you, I would absolutely love for someone like him to play for Villa. Then again, anyone would be better than the current crop of misfiring leftovers we've got at the moment.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:41 PM
I dunno, Villa aren't doing too bad. 4-0 a week or so ago? And didn't they win a few days ago?

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, been getting some good results lately - the win a few days ago was a heavily laboured 1-0 against the titans of Hull. Before that, it was a 2-1 win against West Brom, draws against fulham and arsenal, and a big win against everton.

Villa have been getting some good results, but look at who we've been playing; save for Arsenal (maybe, we all know what's happened to them lately) you would realisticly expect results from those games.

The problem with Villa is we keep creating and creating and creating chances but we just cannot convert them. Haven't had a purely quality striker since Dwight Yorke, and how long ago was that now?

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Many a year. That's the problem, Villa only ever have meagre scorelines 'cos they can't convert.

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:49 PM
My point exactly man, but apparently this Irish takeover bid is looming ever closer, so fingers crossed for some money to bring in some talent.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't be overly sure. Money's one thing, talent's another. You need some decent scouts, is all.

Andy
01-08-2006, 04:52 PM
That's true, very true.

Oh, I've just read that Vieri isn't going anywhere on loan from Inter; he might be sold though.

arak0r
01-08-2006, 05:01 PM
yea, i forget wtf i read that vieiri was linked with spurs but they really dont NEED him anyway. ledley king is prolly my favorite player on spurs :p him or keane.

Dive
01-08-2006, 09:02 PM
My point exactly man, but apparently this Irish takeover bid is looming ever closer, so fingers crossed for some money to bring in some talent.

Is this takeover actually going to happen? I've heard twice that it had collapsed. Seems to be taking forever while Portsmouth's has gone through quickly. I don't think anyone can take another year of Ellis (how can there be no money to buy a CB?). About the strikers, just be glad that Carlton Cole is gone.

Italia311
01-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Arakor are you going to watch the USA vs CANADA friendly on Jan 28th? I think its the 28th. lol. NOt that I expect Canada to win, it will be funny to watch this Game since Canada is so bad at soccer. Do you think it will be on T.V?

Andy
01-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Is this takeover actually going to happen? I've heard twice that it had collapsed. Seems to be taking forever while Portsmouth's has gone through quickly. I don't think anyone can take another year of Ellis (how can there be no money to buy a CB?). About the strikers, just be glad that Carlton Cole is gone.

Yeah, the takeover talk went very quiet and there were rumours that it was because the consortium couldn't put up the cash. However, I heard on Birmingham radio before I came back to uni that they do indeed have the money; and that it's just a waste of time.

I think the only people who are satisfied with Ellis are the Small Heath failful.

Yeah, Cole was a bit of a donkey it's true. Really pissed off that now that Darius has gone to Man City he's started to score though.

darko
01-09-2006, 11:23 AM
So Celtic are out i'm hearing? haha

Andy
01-09-2006, 11:25 AM
So Celtic are out i'm hearing? haha

they played fucking abominably. No excuses, they would have been beaten by *anyone* they were so poor yesterday. I bet Keane hasn't even bothered to unpack his bags

darko
01-09-2006, 11:27 AM
wasnt it a team from like the lowest league? haha

Andy
01-09-2006, 11:30 AM
No, it was a team who are 4th in the league below

arak0r
01-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey Arakor are you going to watch the USA vs CANADA friendly on Jan 28th? I think its the 28th. lol. NOt that I expect Canada to win, it will be funny to watch this Game since Canada is so bad at soccer. Do you think it will be on T.V?

depends on what time its on :p im assuming its a saturday. id like to see what roster the US will be putting out there.

Italia311
01-09-2006, 04:09 PM
They said that the Donovan guy would be there, I cannot remember his fully name. Im assuming they will have some stars but no all, just so people actually watch it. :P

Andy
01-09-2006, 04:12 PM
Landon Donovan? Is he still with Borussia Dortmund?

arak0r
01-09-2006, 04:32 PM
nah hes in the mls again. im hoping the league gains in popularity here. it can only be good for the sport, ive went to pretty much every home game in the last year, tickets are extremely cheap compared to baseball, football (american), or hockey. those are all around 70-100$ usd, whereas soccer is about 15-32$ usd. huge difference

Andy
01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
I've never understood why our football is so underground (at lack of a better word) in the US. Can you shed any light?

arak0r
01-09-2006, 04:52 PM
I've never understood why our football is so underground (at lack of a better word) in the US. Can you shed any light?

its got a long history in the us actually, weve had teams since the early 1900s and all that, but the thing is back then, we were trying to make a "national" identity. we didnt really have a culture of our own, and people that played it were mainly immigrants from italy, germany, etc etc. so basically theyd figure anyone that played it was just an immigrant, and most americans took up baseball. in turn soon immigrants would too. which is why soccer has NEVER been popular here, but there are people working on that, and it IS gaining in popularity.

the problem is getting a good professional league going, and it has to compete with 4 other big leagues.

note, nowhere else in the world does soccer really compete with other popular sports.

the mls is working on it here, but its gonna be more than a quick solution (its been going on for 10 years now, and its at a crucial stage of trying to expand). as much as i love baseball id love nothing more than to see a big labor strike so the mls would have the summer all to itself. the other big problem is that the united states is so much larger than the european countries, meaning we cant get real "derby" games or anything like that. closest we have is los angeles and chivas, they play in the same stadium, and the games were very well attended this last year. i just know im a fan of the mls now, after gettin real exposure to it. granted its not as great as something over there, but its not exactly easy to get there every weekend :p

one big problem people think (and i agree with) is that the stadiums for many teams werent made for soccer. they were playing in stadiums for 65k+. the mls isnt gonna draw that many people for matches, so even with a decent attendance, and a good game, the atmosphere gets pretty weak at times.

as it is, my favorite team, juventus, has horrible attendance too, mainly because the stadium they play in is absolutely fucking horrible. i believe it has a nickname, delle empty :(

Dive
01-09-2006, 08:04 PM
I'd like to see the MLS combine all the teams under one table and give more recognition to the team that actually wins the league rather than the cup. San Jose and New England were much better teams than Los Angeles. But anyway, I've went to several Crew games over the years. They were shit last year, but I loved watching them when McBride was still there.

arak0r
01-09-2006, 08:16 PM
whoa :o someone else that not only has heard of the mls, and possibly follows it, but has even been to a few games :o

and yea, i dunno about the gals, i hate them, but they showed up to play when it mattered i suppose :|

Italia311
01-09-2006, 09:48 PM
I've heard of MLS. Only because Toronto is getting a team in 2007/08. They're also building a new soccer stadium up here..thats really all I know though. I usually watch RAI or Telelatino if im going to watch soccer. I.e - Serie A or Champions league matches.

I will go see MLS games though. They sometimes have big teams come here. Italy played Serbia in Toronto this summer, they had Roma and Celtic, some other teams aswell. Its gaining popularity here. I mean, like when Im in Italy, its totaly different, but, its not impossible for something like that start in North America. Especially with MLS expanding to Canada.

Preocupado
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
I was just wondering what do the european spectators think of that whole bunch of brazilian players all over theyr major teams.

I'd partially lose my interest in football if the most cellebrated palyers in Brazil were foreigners.

Andy
01-12-2006, 02:30 PM
As spectators, we enjoy seeing the Brazillian flair in the game.

As puritans, however, it does get tiresome when the amount of overseas players exceeds the number of home-grown

platinumpt
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
I was just wondering what do the european spectators think of that whole bunch of brazilian players all over theyr major teams
It's fine by me, as long as we know the players well. FCPorto has some foreign players, but the supporters have a very good relationship with the team.

I'd partially lose my interest in football if the most cellebrated palyers in Brazil were foreigners.
You'll probably never know what that is, because the tendency is for brazilian players move to europe, not the other way around.

arak0r
01-13-2006, 02:22 AM
completely missed these earlier

Like arak0r said, the movie is fucking excellent. Watch it, you'll be surprised at how tough Elijah Wood can be.

agreed 100% i was surprised at how damn good he did in it. great movie with a pretty nice "moral to the story" so to speak. hah.

Ugh, yeah. Sometimes I watch DVDs in bed with very low sound and subtitles (since I don't want to wake everyone up) and the words hardly match the subtitles at all. Frasier's particularly bad.

see if you can find a way to hook up headphones with the tv or the dvd player :p tis what i do anyway :o turn off tv speakers, hook the headphones up to the dvd player and its all set

Igniton
01-13-2006, 04:08 AM

haha i think it can be gayer, i dont mind soccer that much

DUNCS
01-13-2006, 06:34 AM
"Yeah, Celtic are 7 points ahead of 2nd place Hearts. Rangers are floundering in 4th, something ridiculous like 17 points behind. Heh, Heh. Problem is, Celtic are out of the Tennants thanks to a purely shit game against Clyde. CLYDE!"

I was listening to that game, it sounded great and it could've been 4 or 5 nil to clyde at half time, and the officials did try to help you as much as they could by disallowing 2 clyde goals.

The mighty Aberdeen are in thenxt round of the cup after an exciting match against dundee united, with united taking the lead and then being 2-0 up in under half an hour, but a spirited second half performance from Aberdeen saw them go 3-2 infront, shame we got Hearts of Midlgoven in the next round

Aberdeen fans at the full time whistle.......

http://www.youtube.com/w/Tannadice?v=-osfblnCJvs&search=aberdeen

the_offsprings_monkey
01-13-2006, 06:51 AM
"Yeah, Celtic are 7 points ahead of 2nd place Hearts. Rangers are floundering in 4th, something ridiculous like 17 points behind. Heh, Heh. Problem is, Celtic are out of the Tennants thanks to a purely shit game against Clyde. CLYDE!"

I was listening to that game, it sounded great and it could've been 4 or 5 nil to clyde at half time, and the officials did try to help you as much as they could by disallowing 2 clyde goals.

The mighty Aberdeen are in thenxt round of the cup after an exciting match against dundee united, with united taking the lead and then being 2-0 up in under half an hour, but a spirited second half performance from Aberdeen saw them go 3-2 infront, shame we got Hearts of Midlgoven in the next round

Aberdeen fans at the full time whistle.......

http://www.youtube.com/w/Tannadice?v=-osfblnCJvs&search=aberdeen
English Football > Scottish Football

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-13-2006, 06:54 AM
Cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn Liverpool! Champions of Europe! :D

the_offsprings_monkey
01-13-2006, 07:01 AM
LIVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL LL

My fave team in case you wonder :rolleyes:

Preocupado
01-13-2006, 07:53 AM
You'll probably never know what that is, because the tendency is for brazilian players move to europe, not the other way around.

There's never such invasion here because the brazilian are good in selling players, not buying. But once in a while we have some "football star" from Argentina, Uruguay... And it's a bit of a turn off.

Italia311
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
I was just wondering what do the european spectators think of that whole bunch of brazilian players all over theyr major teams.

I think nothing of it. My favorite team is MILAN and Dida isnt that great of a goalie, come on now:P hahah

Anywho, its good. Its some justification to me when Brasil wins. I say to myself, ya well, they did all their practicing on European teams...lol

Jus kiddin

platinumpt
01-13-2006, 10:41 PM
There's never such invasion here because the brazilian are good in selling players, not buying. But once in a while we have some "football star" from Argentina, Uruguay... And it's a bit of a turn off.
Yeah, I understand, it's a completely different culture... european football is a bit too over-internationalized. Anyway, as long as my team keeps their identity intact, it's fine by me. We have players on our team that are here since several years ago, which is very important, it helps to balance the team.

platinumpt
01-15-2006, 04:52 PM
And Jose Mourinho and its Chelsea win again!!! Now they're with 16 points advantage over the 2nd place huh?

Andy
01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
And Villa are doing so woefully it's embarrasing. Another loss to West Ham

arak0r
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
it helps to have an owner with pockets that deep :rolleyes:

i could win the premiership with a team like that. jose complains about how its hard to get people in transfer season because they have more money than anyone else. give me a break :\

oh and btw, Del Piero is on fire :)

Andy
01-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, I would have to disagree with you there arak0r: having a team full of fantastic world-class players would of course give you a big advantage - but remember that with a team full of big players comes a team of big egos. To control that, you need good management.

I'll make an example of how bad management of egos can hinder a world-class team: Real Madrid. Say no more.

arak0r
01-15-2006, 05:08 PM
mourinho is still overrated as hell. id say a guy who does good coaching a team of people NOT loaded with talent does a better job than a guy that is loaded up the arse with talent and cant win a damn thing

Iddy
01-15-2006, 05:09 PM

My dads a Villa fan, he manages to bring himself to watch them play, just to be brought back to earth with a thud.

Not into Soccer myself, find it too slow moving.

Chris
01-15-2006, 06:36 PM
surprised no one's mention the 7-0 drubbing Arsenal dealt out this weekend - another masterclass from Henry, especially the dummy he did....sublime

and one thing Mourinho lacks is the ability to spot talent while it's young, where I'd say Wenger is at the top of the game there

the_offsprings_monkey
01-15-2006, 06:38 PM
surprised no one's mention the 7-0 drubbing Arsenal dealt out this weekend - another masterclass from Henry, especially the dummy he did....sublime

and one thing Mourinho lacks is the ability to spot talent while it's young, where I'd say Wenger is at the top of the game there
Oh my cousin was trying to tell me about that, while telling me Bristol Rovers are shit. :( Whatta homos.

Andy
01-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Well, about the Mourinho "not being able to spot talent young" comment I would say that's neither proven, or unproven (in the Premiership, at least). With the money the club's got and the fact he can bring pretty much anyone to Stamford Bridge, the simple fact is he doesn't need to find young talent. The reason Wenger has had to rely on looking for young talent is because he simply doesn't have the money to bring in the big, expensive footballers to replace the ones who have left/retired etc.

Note: I'm not arguing or anything, I'm just putting forward a point.

Oh, and the Henry dummy - truly fantastic; there is no argument it wasn't intentional.

Chris
01-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I guess Mourinho hasn't really had a chance to shine in the market quite yet, but to be honest, the core of Chelsea was already present and the players he brought over from Porto haven't been that effective. With Wenger, I was more pointing towards past dealings when more money was available, and making world class players out of Henry, Viera, Petit, Anelka...whilst they were young. There's no doubting his shrewd nature in the market and how successful he's been.

Andy
01-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah, I'm by no means questioning the ability of Wenger, or bigging up Mourinho. Just saying that we can't really have a go at the lack of players grown and nurtured by Mourinho. At least yet anyway. It took a few years for the Wenger Youth (haha) to come out and truly make a name for themselves

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-15-2006, 06:59 PM
http://1.im.cz/n/photo/04/28/92ugdau-topsirka.jpghttp://koti.phnet.fi/otaku/azucross/heil-osakap.jpg

Heil!

arak0r
01-15-2006, 07:08 PM
pfft arsene sees a nazi the only thing he'll be doing is waving a white flag

the_offsprings_monkey
01-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Liverpool fc (We will never walk (rob) alone)
http://www.maxiturkey.com/blogs/wp-content/images/liverpool-istanbul.gif
http://www.soccervillage.co.uk/images/2004liverpoolhomel.jpg

And my fave team ever, Bristol Rovers
Junior agogo
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/sport/rovers/200_side.jpg
John Anderson score the late winner against cheltenham town at what was a fucking good game..
(I fucking hate our away kit and our 3rd kit is pink)
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/1722/bristolroversgoal5kh.jpg

the_offsprings_monkey
01-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Seeing as I can only post 5 images at a time, here is the pink kit.

http://shop.bristolrovers.co.uk/sites/BristolRovers/images/Departments/Third%20Kit/deptselection.jpg

SmilingBob
01-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Mourinho is a good manager, but he's got money on his side as has already been said. Any team could BUY trophies with that amount of money invested. That is a similar situation to Alex Ferguson at Man U. At one point they were the richest club in the world, and he used that to his advantage. Though he's lost it a bit, Fergie was a fantastic manager, amongst the best ever (up there with Bob Paisley!). It's sad that football has come to that though.

I know it's a little biased as Im a liverpool fan, but I do think Rafa will turn out to be up amongst the best managers to grace top flight football in england. He's already laid the groundwork, and the motivation and enthusiasm is there too following the Champions League win. PLus, we have Alonso :)

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 12:10 AM
mourinho is still overrated as hell. id say a guy who does good coaching a team of people NOT loaded with talent does a better job than a guy that is loaded up the arse with talent and cant win a damn thing
Dude... Mourinho before going to Chelsea won with FCPorto the UEFA cup AND the champions league. In two seasons. One after the other. By the way, FCPorto, as hard as it is for me to admit, is an "unknown" team. Many people don't even know from which country FCPorto is. Well, not to mention that he won the premiership with Chelsea, which didn't happen 50 years ago. The guy before Mourinho had all the players he wanted too, and couldn't do it. So Mourinho is very good and one of the best in the world, and that's a fact, not an opinion.

arak0r
01-16-2006, 12:51 AM
im gonna have to say it is in fact, opinion.

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 03:34 AM
Aren't you capable of seeing the significance of a coach leading a team like FCPorto to win the champions league? FCPorto is a 2nd line europe team for fuck's sake, it isn't EVEN comparable to Man.U., Barcelona, R.Madrid, Internazionale, ACMilan... since Mourinho left, FCPorto never played like used to before. Many supporters of my team hate Mourinho, because he's an arrogant motherfucker and he shouldn't have left the team the way he did (he was already negotiating with Abramovitch BEFORE the champions league ended, with FC Chelsea still in competition). But I think those person are silly, full of shit, and jealous, because they don't have what it takes to actually give credit to Mourinho's work, they say it's only luck. And about Mourinho being arrogant... yeah, he might be. But he's really good on what he does, so he can have that luxury. English journalists and Ferguson are also arrogants sons of bitches and everyone accepts it as a fact. So why can't Moutinho be? Just because he's a foreigner? Does it hurt when a foreigner is kicking ass on your own country? Because that's what I see in England.

Dive
01-16-2006, 09:31 AM

Villa had a decent run; the second half was atrocious and, of course, they gave up another penalty. Can't believe their away form is better than their home form. It was a pretty bad week to be a Villa fan with O'Leary's Sky Sports interview and no takeover yet. At least we got that great tabloid story saying Sven Goran Eriksson was coming to Villa and bringing Beckham with him. Hilarious.

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Actually I personally find much more hilarious that interview with the fake-arabian (sp?) millionaire and Sven Goran Erikson. English journalism can be REAL sick sometimes.

arak0r
01-16-2006, 11:27 AM
ill take fabio capello over mourinho anyday

arak0r
01-16-2006, 11:30 AM
oh and look at mourinhos record BEFORE porto, and how many of the same players that were with porto before, are with them now

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Mourinho is like what... 15 years younger than Fabio Capello? Your commentary is totally unrealistic. Mourinho is a young coach. I've never said he's the best. But he's one of the best, absolutelly.

And dude.... Mourinho basically started his solo carrier on Porto. No wonder he has no record before that, don't you think? Well, not quite, but he has been solo couch on two teams before Porto. One was Uniao Leiria, that you probably never heard of. And the other was Benfica, who sacked him because he wanted more money. Of course he has been in Barcelona too, but as a second coach. Oh and by the way, last season FCPorto kept at least half of the team from Mourinho's season. And the results were bad. I'm still surprised how my team ended up on the 2nd place.

You want more proof? Just compare Ranieri in Chelsea with Mourinho. Enough said.

arak0r
01-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Mourinho is like what... 15 years younger than Fabio Capello? Your commentary is totally unrealistic. Mourinho is a young coach. I've never said he's the best. But he's one of the best, absolutelly.

And dude.... Mourinho basically started his solo carrier on Porto. No wonder he has no record before that, don't you think? Well, not quite, but he has been solo couch on two teams before Porto. One was Uniao Leiria, that you probably never heard of. And the other was Benfica, who sacked him because he wanted more money. Of course he has been in Barcelona too, but as a second coach. Oh and by the way, last season FCPorto kept at least half of the team from Mourinho's season. And the results were bad. I'm still surprised how my team ended up on the 2nd place.

You want more proof? Just compare Ranieri in Chelsea with Mourinho. Enough said.

http://www.footballdatabase.com/site/managers/index.php?dumpManager=14

and remember Abrahimovic has pumped in over £280 million into the team. ranieiri didnt do bad at all. look at mourinhos record before porto. he wanted more money THEN? give me a goddamn break. the shit is overrated

also, from what i remember, NO ONE wanted ranieri gone from chelsea. he started that team rolling when mourinho came in and pretty much took over what was a much improved side that was improving more as it is. 280 million pounds can do that. notice ranieri was sacked before abrahimovic really started spending his $$$$

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=253888&root=europe&cc=5739

look at what ranieri did with fiorentina. far more admirable than what mourinho is doin with chelsea

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 12:50 PM
For fuck's sake you just proved my point. He started his career TWO years before he went to FCPorto, how the hell do you want him to have a record that matches Fabio Capello, Cruyff or Ferguson for instance? Are you blind, or is it just plain dumbness of yours? It's just not possible. And it would be certainly impossible to achieve it spending several years on a team like FCPorto. We just don't have the money. All those famous coaches won titles on teams like AC Milan, Inter, Real Madrid, etc. I'd like to see them coaching a portuguese team, and see them conquering all those wonderful titles. They can shove all those titles up their asses because, as Mourinho is now, they were backed up by powerful chairmen.

About him being overrated... I used to think that too. But nowadays there isn't that much attention drawn to him anyway. Or maybe I'm just blind too. Perhaps if he wins the premiership about 6 or 7 matches before it ends will make you change your opinion...? Don't forget there are more powerful chairmen on english teams, not just Abramavotich. And to be honest, I don't think Chelsea has that many awesome players. Personally, I think Barcelona or R. Madrid have a few more valuable players. Mourinho is a coach who knows how to work players and their personalities, and gives them confidence. That's why he's so successful in his teams, he works the players psychologically. Once again I tell you, once he left FCPorto, his former players that stayed never played like before again. Some of them even went to Russia, to play in another team.

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Ranieri's career is okay indeed. But still doesn't beat what Mourinho has done for FCPorto. No way.

arak0r
01-16-2006, 12:58 PM
yea, ie the good players left. the russian league is getting better. if mourinho wasnt portuguese id guarantee you wouldnt be loving him anywhere near as much.

platinumpt
01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, I can guarantee you that half of the portuguese population hates him. And that includes FCPorto supporters too, believe me. Many don't like his personality, because he can be an arrogant bastard sometimes. I don't agree with some of his atitudes while he was on FCPorto. But I'm positive that, if it wasn't for him, we'd never reach what we accomplished. So I just give him credit for that.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 05:47 PM
is pele still alive?

Andy
01-16-2006, 05:49 PM
He certainly is

Igniton
01-16-2006, 05:50 PM
okay i remember reading a book on him... didnt he make a commerical with that young freddy adu?

arak0r
01-16-2006, 05:57 PM
okay i remember reading a book on him... didnt he make a commerical with that young freddy adu?

he did, for sierra mist. makes me want one now tbh. :(

Igniton
01-16-2006, 06:29 PM
how is that freddy doing anyway?

arak0r
01-16-2006, 06:31 PM
hes an annoying twat. you can occassionally see bits of the talent hes supposed to have, but its not consistent at all. big time whiner cause he wants more playing time. on one hand hes only what, 15-16? on the other, he needs to learn how to work as a team it seems.

Andy
01-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Did I hear that he's in the US World Cup squad?

Igniton
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Did I hear that he's in the US World Cup squad?

yeah i think i remember that from sportscenter

Dive
01-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Adu is in the squad for the upcoming friendlies but he probably won't make the World Cup squad. Maybe they just wanted to cap him so he wouldn't be tempted to play for Ghana in the World Cup since he seems a bright prospect.

arak0r
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8751758224

hahahahah

platinumpt
01-17-2006, 11:12 AM
HAHAHA *wipes tear* oh man, that's fucking priceless.

Tijs
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
lolz, Ibrahimovic (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6198504419041798031)

Andy
01-17-2006, 12:43 PM
hah that Ibramhivoc video is insane.

platinumpt
01-17-2006, 12:54 PM
and José Mourinho wins for the 3rd time in a row the coach of the year title! :eek:

platinumpt
01-17-2006, 12:56 PM
haha ibrahimovich doesn't play like that anymore!

I remember him scoring a goal against ITaly on Euro2004, I think it was one of the most fantastic goals I've ever seen... he jumped into the air and hitted the ball with the back of his foot. Sweeeet.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-17-2006, 04:50 PM
haha ibrahimovich doesn't play like that anymore!

I remember him scoring a goal against ITaly on Euro2004, I think it was one of the most fantastic goals I've ever seen... he jumped into the air and hitted the ball with the back of his foot. Sweeeet.
Woah, I never seen that, know where I can see it?

arak0r
01-17-2006, 07:15 PM
it IS an awesome goal. i remember that. he is a great player at times, but can get selfish. BUT due to del pieros hot play, and mutu getting more consistent, oh and trezeguet, its real hard for anyone besides trezeguet to get consistent play time. a nice problem to have i suppose :p

arak0r
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
whoa. just watched the video. goddamn hes got some talent :p there was this goal scored earlier this year i think he had an assist on it to trezeguet, hes behind about 3 defenders all in front of him, somehow he chip shots the ball between them to the other side and trezeguet hammers it in. just sick

Igniton
01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
not sure if it still works but this would HURT!

http://www.badongo.com/vid.php?file=2005-09-08_voetbal.wmv&s=

Zack
01-17-2006, 08:21 PM
I am not much of a soccer fan but it is sometimes fun to play. I use to play when i was real little but now i don't care to much....But it is a good game.

darko
02-04-2006, 05:42 AM
What the hell is going on w Sol Campbell?

Rangers V Hibs.....who's going to win.....

Where i work there is a Rangers Club {pub} across the road, could see them all piling in there with they're Rangers strips before kick off

Andy
02-04-2006, 06:32 AM
I've no idea what's happening with Campbell. He had a terrible game against West Ham (subbed at half time), then he did a runner and hasn't been seen by the club since. Something like that.

He better get back training and back on form for the WC that's all I care about.

Rangers v Hibs? Hibs all the way. Fucking hope they slaughter them.

darko
02-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Hibs won 3 - 0!!

Just watched a whole pile of Rangers Supporters storm out the pub across the road.

Andy
02-04-2006, 07:09 AM
BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, gutted.

Dive
02-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Luke Moore hat-trick.
Boro fan invades pitch and throws season ticket at McClaren.
Small Heath loses to Arsenal.
Heskey sent off.

It's been a good day.

arak0r
02-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Hibs won 3 - 0!!

Just watched a whole pile of Rangers Supporters storm out the pub across the road.

:D :D :D :D i nearly pissed myself when i saw the result earlier

darko
02-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I nearly did aswell....but there was a few Rangers fans in the office at the time......we just sat and watched the rangers fans storm out of the pub across the road....dont think i've ever seen it clear so quicky since i started working

Andy
02-04-2006, 05:32 PM
Luke Moore hat-trick.
Boro fan invades pitch and throws season ticket at McClaren.
Small Heath loses to Arsenal.
Heskey sent off.

It's been a good day.
I can happily quote and agree to everything there all fucking day

I used to go to school with Luke Moore. Used to be good mates. I even once dropped a brick on Stefans head.

arak0r
02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=Ronaldinho_vs_Betis_Seville.wmv

good god. ronaldinho is insanely sick.

Italia311
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Totti out...2-3 months...maybe more...:(

platinumpt
02-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I saw a photograph on a newspaper... fucking impressive. Same happened to Alan Smith, Manchester United player. That's some fucked up injuries...

And Ronaldinho kicks ass indeed. It's amusing to see that guy playing.

arak0r
02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN9KLvc1MMs&search=henrik%20larsson%20leg%20break
warning on that, very disturbing injury :E

(apparently the injury from this pic is even worse)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/bren666/bussted.jpg

Andy
02-20-2006, 02:26 PM
(apparently the injury from this pic is even worse)
Yes, it ended his career. Had to have over 20 operations to try and sort it out. He still feels it apparently.

Alan Smiths injury was indeed horrible, luckily though he'll be back sooner rather than later. He's a great player and still only 25.

arak0r
02-21-2006, 11:33 PM
http://x10.putfile.com/2/511629549.gif

amazing. just amazing :o

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah. Arsenal kicked their asses last night.

So, Benfica won against the european champion. Any comments? Well, that's what happens to teams that play the whole fucking game defending. They eventually lose the game on a free kick or something, which was what happened to Liverpool. I fucking hate Benfica, but Liverpool deserved to had their asses kicked, because the only team I saw playing football yesterday in that game was Benfica.

About the other games... well AC Milan scored 1-1 against Bayern... thanks to a penalty kick. A highly dubious one, by the way. And Lyon won again, they're fucking unstoppable. If I my memory serves me well, I think last year Lyon was knocked out by PSV, maybe this year things will be different.

And today, another great game!!! FC Chelsea - FC BArcelona... man, I'm really sad one of those teams is going to leave the champions league... I love both... but of course for obvious reasons Chelsea is my favorite. I hope they win, but it's going to be tough.

arak0r
02-22-2006, 10:12 AM
sorry, but from every account ive read about the game, liverpool dominated and got fucked in the last minutes :rolleyes:

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
I saw the game.

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
By the way, I'd love to hear a Liverpool supporter's opinion, and not some random guy who didn't even watch the game.

T.O.M., where are you when I need you? Andy?

Andy
02-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, I missed the games last night :mad: I had to have some quality time with people :mad:

Looking forward to tonight's game though, should be a real cracker. From what I've heard the Stamford Bridge pitch is a complete state so it'll be an interesting match thanks to that alone.

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Yeah, it's a pity the pitch is all fucked up. But I have faith that the game's going to be great anyway. By the way, the game's going to start really soon. I'd better head home. See you later!

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey did anybody watch Chelsea-Barcelona?? Fuck, what an amazing match!!!! I pity Mourinho, I'd prefer Chelsea to win the game, but Barcelona made a fantastic game, specially on the 2nd half. It was a very emotive game, very much like last season, in my opinion. Too bad the referee messed up quite a few times, for both sides. Let's now wait for the 2nd leg. Damn, I love this game.

Can anybody tell me what was the score for Ajax game? I didn't hear :\

Andy
02-22-2006, 02:12 PM
it was indeed a great game. Feel sorry for Chelsea though and especially Del Horno. What he did did not deserve a straight red card, and justice was done when they scored first.

It'll be a tough game in the 2nd leg; they'd have to win by 2 clear goals at the Nou Camp.

Fantastic 2nd goal by Etoo though, very strang header.

I'm pretty sure it was Ajax 2, Inter 1.

platinumpt
02-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Thanks Andy!

Yeah, we'll have VERY interesting games on the 2nd leg... all the results were very balanced... I think the most unbalanced score was really Chelsea tonight, it's gonna be tough scoring 2 goals in Camp Nou... but I'm happy for Barcelona, I love they way they play. Juventus-Werder Bremen will also be awesome, tonight's result was 3-2. I'm also curious to see how Real Madrid will cope with Arsenal on the 2nd leg, after their shameful defeat on Santiago Bernabeu.

Andy
02-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah I'm looking forward to the 2nd leg games, they're all set up to be good matches. The great thing about this year's Champions League is nobody can guess who'll win it.

Italia311
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
pffft...I thought Juventus had a good shot at taking it but fuck...not after todays result!

arak0r
02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
eh. werder got luck with 2 goals in the last 3 minutes. just disgusting. juve WILL NOT lose in turin. rangers are lucky to not be down a goal, and will not beat villareal. chelsea i doubt will win in nou camp.

Dmarques
02-23-2006, 04:06 AM
eh. werder got luck with 2 goals in the last 3 minutes. just disgusting. juve WILL NOT lose in turin. rangers are lucky to not be down a goal, and will not beat villareal. chelsea i doubt will win in nou camp.

Chelsea will win Nou camp yes. Morinho will find some way to eliminate Barcelona.
Benfica will beat Liverpool again...

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 06:23 AM

Cmon Benfica!!!!!!!!!!!!
BENFICA BENFICA...

arak0r
02-24-2006, 11:02 AM
damn. and i thought the shitload of portuguese people around here get a tad annoying :| spain's canada indeed.

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 01:01 PM
damn. and i thought the shitload of portuguese people around here get a tad annoying :| spain's canada indeed.

Shit is your asshole...american idiot!

Andy
02-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Whoa whoa whoa! Hang on there sparky! This is a thread about football: pretty differences can be discussed elsewhere thankyouverymuch

arak0r
02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
well that was amusing. as it is, chelsea fans are fucking idiots, again making death threats against a ref :rolleyes:

Dmarques
02-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Let's wait for the second round... :cool:
And again...Benfica will eliminate the european champion Liverpool

arak0r
02-24-2006, 02:49 PM
will you cry if they dont?

Italia311
02-24-2006, 02:55 PM
I hope liverpool loses

platinumpt
02-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Wow! Thanks for reminding me why I didn't ignore-list you yet. It's always mildly entertaining to read your posts, 'cause you and your uber-lameness never cease to surprise me.

Whether you like it or not, Liverpool is in a tough position, with Benfica having a great advantage over them. And yes, I'm sure DMarques will be very sad if they lose, which is natural, because Benfica is the team of his hometown. It's probably something you, arak0r, will never understand, because the shitty eastern-european country in which you were born never has football teams on such an important competition as this one. Maybe in another life, who knows.

Andy, after all the game between Inter and Ajax ended up tied 8| that doesn't leave many hopes for Ajax to move to the next round, does it?

Juve will not lose in Turin indeed; a tie is good enough to make me happy.

I hope Arsenal kicks Real Madrid's ass for the second time.

Lyon won again, in an away game... that means trouble for PSV on the 2nd leg. But if they play like they did on the 1st leg, they might still win the round, they had very bad luck.

Rangers-Villareal ended up with a tie too. I honestly don't give a fuck who makes it to the next round, 'cause any of them will be eliminated.

AC Milan - Bayern will be a great game. If Bayern scores in S Siro, Milan will be in trouble.

And finally, I don't believe Chelsea will make it to the next round. I just regret Mourinho's interview on the end of the game, I think he kind of overreacted this time, and said things he'll probably be sorry for very soon. But I like his attitude anyway. He says whatever goes in his mind because he doesn't give a fuck whether people hate him or not, 'cause he's good at what he does, no matter what.

Italia311
02-24-2006, 06:00 PM
Just like to say...ITS TORINO...NOT TURIN.

What does Spain's Canada indeed mean...?

Thirdly...well..there is no thirdly, I just want to know the answer of that question is...

Oh btw...Milan might actually have a chance now that Dida is injured:)

arak0r
02-24-2006, 06:22 PM
it means that, portugal is to spain, how canada is to the us. liverpool have fought greater odds than being down one goal to benfica. :rolleyes: dare i even bring up the game against milan last year.

Italia311
02-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Yeah...dare I...I was fucking happy and wasted. 3-0. Oh..who cracks under pressure??? YEAH. DIDA. He blows. This year he is even worse.

Still no clarity on your statement.. :confused:

platinumpt
02-25-2006, 05:38 AM
Of course there's no clarity to his statement, have you ever seen a fucking idiot making any sense at all? Well I didn't.

Hey arak0r, kid, now that you live in the USA, you act as if you were the fucking king of the world. How can you compare Portugal and Canada relationships respectively with Spain and US? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You say that because you're probably thinking you live on the best nation in the whole world. I don't even understand why are you so happy about it, you're probably just an immigrant, or refugee, or whatever. And you should thank God retardness isn't punished with death penalty.

Dmarques
02-25-2006, 06:02 AM
I hope liverpool loses

Who??? :rolleyes:

arak0r
02-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Of course there's no clarity to his statement, have you ever seen a fucking idiot making any sense at all? Well I didn't.

Hey arak0r, kid, now that you live in the USA, you act as if you were the fucking king of the world. How can you compare Portugal and Canada relationships respectively with Spain and US? You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You say that because you're probably thinking you live on the best nation in the whole world. I don't even understand why are you so happy about it, you're probably just an immigrant, or refugee, or whatever. And you should thank God retardness isn't punished with death penalty.

rofl. troll'd :\ i'm not an immigrant, and i DONT think its the best country in the world, but it sure as hell pissed you off when i said it, didnt it? sorry if i think all you portuguese fucks are annoying. southcoast mass is loaded with them, the large majority of them are annoying as hell. even funnier when they all expect everyone else to speak THEIR language. last time i checked ENGLISH was the official language of this country :rolleyes: when my ancestors moved here, they all had to learn english.

last time a portuguese club came and played against my local mls team, i think it was lisbon, they played so horribly fucking dirty, injured three of our players, started fights with them, even the portuguese fans there started booing them :rolleyes:

Dmarques
02-25-2006, 12:14 PM
rofl. troll'd :\ i'm not an immigrant, and i DONT think its the best country in the world, but it sure as hell pissed you off when i said it, didnt it? sorry if i think all you portuguese fucks are annoying. southcoast mass is loaded with them, the large majority of them are annoying as hell. even funnier when they all expect everyone else to speak THEIR language. last time i checked ENGLISH was the official language of this country :rolleyes: when my ancestors moved here, they all had to learn english.

last time a portuguese club came and played against my local mls team, i think it was lisbon, they played so horribly fucking dirty, injured three of our players, started fights with them, even the portuguese fans there started booing them :rolleyes:

Hold on guys
But who it is the team?? Sporting??
Sporting sucks...lol

platinumpt
02-25-2006, 01:07 PM
rofl. troll'd :\ i'm not an immigrant, and i DONT think its the best country in the world, but it sure as hell pissed you off when i said it, didnt it?
Oh yes you do, specially when you say Canada is for the US what Portugal is for Spain. That's ridiculous. In general, people full of shit like you piss me off, so yeah I can say I was a little itsy bitsy tad annoyed :rolleyes:

sorry if i think all you portuguese fucks are annoying. southcoast mass is loaded with them, the large majority of them are annoying as hell. even funnier when they all expect everyone else to speak THEIR language. last time i checked ENGLISH was the official language of this country :rolleyes: when my ancestors moved here, they all had to learn english.
I don't know about those portuguese people, but you can be sure as hell you don't need to worry about me, I don't want you to speak my native language, specially when I speak & type yours better than you do.

I don't know what "mls" means, I assume it is soccer, and I have no idea which team you're talking about. Could be Benfica or Sporting, both are from Lisbon. In any case, as you're always full of shit, chances are that you're only throwing bullshit at me.

Dmarques
02-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh yes you do, specially when you say Canada is for the US what Portugal is for Spain. That's ridiculous. In general, people full of shit like you piss me off, so yeah I can say I was a little itsy bitsy tad annoyed :rolleyes:

I don't know about those portuguese people, but you can be sure as hell you don't need to worry about me, I don't want you to speak my native language, specially when I speak & type yours better than you do.

I don't know what "mls" means, I assume it is soccer, and I have no idea which team you're talking about. Could be Benfica or Sporting, both are from Lisbon. In any case, as you're always full of shit, chances are that you're only throwing bullshit at me.

O Benfica não foi aos Estados Unidos.
Foi O Sporting no fim da época passada...
Os americanos têm a mania que são melhores que os outros...falam connosco como kerem. Pensam que mandam em tudo.
Humildade é coisa que desconhecem..otários do caralho

Andy
02-25-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm watching Match Of The Day :D
How come there aren't any Premiership enthusiasts posting in here?

Dive
02-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, Villa only managed a goalless draw against Charlton, but at least it's a point. Nobby scored a brace for Newcastle, unfortunately. Arsenal lost to Blackburn after beating Real Madrid. Small Heath beat one of the few teams worse than they are. Chelsea beat Portsmouth, although they were reportedly mediocre; however, that's not surprising anymore.

platinumpt
02-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I agree with you right there about the Chelsea thing. Their huge advantage over MU and Liverpool is somewhat deceiving, 'cause they're not doing such a great season as it looks.

Dmarques, fala em english, n tenhas medo que esse burro de merda perceba o que tu estás a dizer. O gajo é um idiota mesmo.

arak0r
02-25-2006, 10:22 PM

no, im not. it involved a player named Joao Pinto. how you think, that i think the us is the best country in the world, is far beyond me.

http://www.metrofan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311292

platinumpt
02-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Ooohhh Metro Stars, now I remember. There's a portuguese coach who used to be in that team, Carlos Queiros. He sucked big time though, if my memory serves me well. João Pinto always had trouble with other players, even in portuguese league, he's a problematic person. Now that he's older and he's back on a shitty team, he's been more quiet.

Dmarques
02-26-2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah, I agree with you right there about the Chelsea thing. Their huge advantage over MU and Liverpool is somewhat deceiving, 'cause they're not doing such a great season as it looks.

Dmarques, fala em english, n tenhas medo que esse burro de merda perceba o que tu estás a dizer. O gajo é um idiota mesmo.

Neps...n é medo. Um gajo tem que ler as coisas em inglês....então eles que tb se esforçem uma vez na vida pa perceberem o que dizemos. Foi propositado

arak0r
02-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Ooohhh Metro Stars, now I remember. There's a portuguese coach who used to be in that team, Carlos Queiros. He sucked big time though, if my memory serves me well. João Pinto always had trouble with other players, even in portuguese league, he's a problematic person. Now that he's older and he's back on a shitty team, he's been more quiet.

heh well, the big incident was against new england (the revolution). dunno if he did shit with the metrostars though.

Italia311
03-01-2006, 03:36 PM
ITALIAAAAAAAAA SONO BELLAAA FORZAAAAAAAA ITALIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

They beat Germany 4-1....

Italia 4 - 1 Germany...

Vaffunculooooooooooooooooo A tuttiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 01:28 AM
wow that's an amazing score! Italy kicked the hell out of Germany. Was Kahn the keeper?

Portugal beat Saudi Arabia 3-0. But they're very weak, and their keeper is even worse than ours.

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Oh, and England came back from 1 down to beat Uruguay 2-1. England's last goal was in the 93rd minute.

Result.

arak0r
03-02-2006, 01:49 AM
france lost, hurrah. Ireland beat sweden soundly as well. still pissed they missed out on the wc, though they really should have won that group. the us beat out poland 1-0 on a clint dempsey goal :D (my favorite player, aside from alessandro del piero)

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 02:47 AM
Hey I'll post here a picture when I get home later this evening, related to what we've been talking about João Pinto. You'll like it.

By the way, about the polish team, do you have any feelings about them? Or are you 100% USA supporter? If my memory serves me well, I'd say your family is from Poland, right?

arak0r
03-02-2006, 02:59 AM
heh. half irish, quarter italian, quarter polish.

in order of supporter preference? well, it's messy. i support the us, but against ireland/italy, i think id root for them over the us. poland, i'll support them, but against any of those teams, i wont be cheering for them. zurawski is becoming one of my favorite players. hes really starting to shine for celtic :)

i can just see certain people on other forums going on about how the us dominated the worlds game when no one in america cares about it :rolleyes:. i hate that more than anything. yes the USNT is improving. yes we are getting better. not the best in the world. maaaaaaaybe top ten, if we always played our absolute best game. unfortunately, no team does that :p

the reason for the improvements though, are due to the gaining in popularity, and the developement of the mls. what we really need to do here, is upgrade the youth systems. we have our youth leagues, we have high school/college teams, but that's really it. in other countries there are many many developement leagues for the talented young players. only really rich yuppy kids can do that here it seems.

i would LOVE to see america win it some day of course. i just hope they can do it and get recognition for the game and the team here. i hope that within my life time, it will be as popular as the nfl or at least baseball :\

HeadAroundU
03-02-2006, 03:27 AM
France - Slovakia 1:2

That's unbelievable.

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 03:54 AM
Slovakia isn't that bad. They were in 2nd place in Portugal group weren't they? I can't remember now. And the french team has known better days... as soon as Zidane ends his career, they're screwed.

Italia311
03-02-2006, 06:15 AM
"Germany's youthful side looked slow and methodical, while the Azzurri utilized precise free kicks and frequent counterattacks."

I think this may be a good tournament for Italia if they can keep there composer and not spit on ppl. Thank God Totti is out, red card in 2002 and spits on someone in 2004...ass.

"At Florence, Italy extended its unbeaten streak to 16 games. Alberto Gilardino, Luca Toni, Daniele De Rossi and Alessandro Del Piero built a four-goal lead for the Azzurri before Robert Huth scored in the 82nd minute for Germany. It was the most goals for Italy against the Germans since a 4-3 overtime win over West Germany in the 1970 World Cup semifinals."

unbeaten in 16...:) It was 13...lol Ive lost track geez...and they have beaten the likes of Netherlands and Germany... Luca Toni will be a great asset...same with Gilardino...if they can play in the zone..they will domminate...oh and of course..the veteran Del Piero...he always finds a way to sneak a goal in...

Also, I dont know if Khan was playing, my guess is...that he was...the world cup is just around the corner and the odds of german coach not playing him is unlikely...he probably played...and yes...let in 4 goals. BRAVO

Tijs
03-02-2006, 06:58 AM
The Netherlands - Equador 1:0

I didn't watch whole match since I was out of town for a few hours. But what I did see was pathetic. My dad watched the match and he said aswell that Holland played very bad. They won but still, they should've done a lot better than that.

HeadAroundU
03-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Slovakia isn't that bad. They were in 2nd place in Portugal group weren't they? I can't remember now. And the french team has known better days... as soon as Zidane ends his career, they're screwed.
Yep 2nd! and we lost baragge game against Spain then.

We have never won qualification game with top quality team. Although it was friendly match it's a great win away.

arak0r
03-02-2006, 09:56 AM
i believe kahn was actually out of the game, due to injury.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/profile?id=10719&cc=5901

he isnt bad though. and tbh, kahn is getting older anyway.

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 10:00 AM
tbh = to be honest?

Yeah Kahn is getting old. He reminds me of Vitor Baía, the former portuguese team goal keeper. He has always been like an icon for portuguese people (specially for FCPorto supporters, to be more accurate), but now he's old and has screwed up on the two last FCPorto games in which he played. Now he's out of the portuguese national team. Actually, he's been out since Scolari was hired to be the coach. And I support his (Scolari) decision, even though I don't like him a single bit.

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Yep 2nd! and we lost baragge game against Spain then.

We have never won qualification game with top quality team. Although it was friendly match it's a great win away.
Ohhh now I remember, I pity Slovakia, I wanted them to assrape Spain :mad:

And yeah, it's always great to win against a top quality team like France, even if it's only a friendly game. I'm with you right there!

arak0r
03-02-2006, 10:11 AM
yea tbh = to be honest.

i hear fabien barthez was actually booed by the french crowd. i want to know WHY?

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Barthez is also a keeper that I used to like very much! He was capable of doing HUGE saves! He played on M. United and Monaco didn't he? However, he has the same problem as Baía and Kahn: he's not getting any younger... maybe it's time to leave...

Andy
03-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Barthez is indeed a great keeper, however he's far, far too incostistent. For every 5 great saves he makes there are 2/3 howling mistakes. If it wasn't for the eccentricity, Barthez would be one of the world's best.

arak0r
03-02-2006, 10:36 AM
i'll still take buffon over anyone (well, pre-injury anyway, not sure how well hes been playing compared to himself BEFORE the injury. too soon to really see)

platinumpt
03-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Yes, that guy is easily one of the best GK in the world.

Italia311
03-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Isn't Barthez the keeper for Liverpool???????? I hate that guy...damn

Andy
03-02-2006, 08:01 PM
No, Barthez used to be with Man Utd, now he's with a French team. Sorry, I can't remember who. I think it could be Monaco, but that's who he was with before he came to England. No, he's with the team Gerrard Houllier manages. My memory's gone blank.

Liverpool's current first choice keeper is Jose Reina, whose pretty handy. But I think you might be talking about Jerzy Dudek, who is a very similar player to Barthez (in his eccentricity), but he's nowhere near as good.

EDIT: No, Barthez is with Marseille.

Italia311
03-02-2006, 08:14 PM
YES!!! Dudek...thats who I was talking about..thanks...

P.s - my friend just got back from Spagna and Brought me a "HALAMADRID" Scarf...its great...

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
No, Barthez used to be with Man Utd, now he's with a French team. Sorry, I can't remember who.

Marseille.

EDIT: Just seen your edit. Damn. Thought I was smart for a minute.

arak0r
03-02-2006, 09:40 PM
that reminds me, i still need to get a juve and barca scarf. already have my celtic and revolution scarves. maybe should get one for tottenham too. hah

Italia311
03-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Juve...beats Bremen!!!

Worst goal to take the lead but hey..they won..lol

platinumpt
03-07-2006, 01:55 PM
YEAH!!!! That's awesome!!!

Well, Barcelona, as expected, eliminated Chelsea. Chelsea was still able to score an irregular goal though. Robert Huth was offside in the 1st place, and I don't think there was a reason to punish Barcelona with a penalty kick. Double mistake. The referee sucked, he gave away too many free kicks, the game was fucking boring. Ronaldinho scored another awesome goal...

Rangers was eliminated by Villareal. I didn't have the chance to watch the game, obviously. My TV only tunes one channel at a time. It ended with a draw 1-1. Villareal will be the favorite team to play against the next round.

It's a pity we'll have to wait another week until we see Inter-Ajax...

Andy
03-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Ronaldinho's goal was indeed fantastic - you really can't take the ball of the guy when he's on one of his runs. If John Terry can't then nobody can.

I'm very satisfied Rangers are out; that'll wipe the smug smiles off their faces.

platinumpt
03-07-2006, 02:00 PM
Yeah! He must use some sort of glue on his shoes. Really, it's hard to find players as good as this guy. He plays around the whole fucking game. It's so nice to see him doing the things he do, you can judge by his face that he's having a great time playing the ball!!! He definitely chose the career that was best suited for him!

EDIT: And yeah, I'm also happy that Rangers were eliminated. It's a fact that FCPorto was left behind in the same group Rangers were, but the real reason is I never really liked that team. I'm much more fond of Celtic.

arak0r
03-08-2006, 01:16 AM
fucking hell i wish i didnt find out the scores before i went to dload the matches, especially juve v bremen. still gonna watch it, still go nuts when emerson knocks that shit in. great results for me today. juve barca win and those cunting rangers are out! :D

platinumpt
03-08-2006, 01:28 AM
lol you surely took your time to reply :D I'm glad you're happy. Let's wait for tonight's matches now!

arak0r
03-08-2006, 01:28 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WTiJ86V6f6o

arak0r
03-08-2006, 01:29 AM
lol you surely took your time to reply :D I'm glad you're happy. Let's wait for tonight's matches now!

yeaaaaaa completely forgot to check this thread till now. hah

darko
03-08-2006, 04:45 AM
1 all in the Rangers game last night.....now ther're out....ach well atleast we got further then Celtic! haha

Dmarques
03-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Well well...Mourinho is out!
Ronaldinho is an amazing player!
And what about Juventus goal (2nd goal?? :o

Dmarques
03-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Benfica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Italia311
03-08-2006, 03:29 PM
MILANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAANO

Milano
Milano
Milano

SI SI SIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Oh I am so happy.

platinumpt
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
hahaha Liverpool had their asses kicked once again. I reckon that Benfica had a bit of luck on the 1st half, but they deserved to win the round. I've only seen Liverpool playing good football in this game, which means that in the overall 2 matches Benfica was better.

Milan also kicked ass. A german ass. Hahaha!!! MILAN!!

I'm not sure what was the final result for Lyon-PSV, but I think it was 3-0. I haven't watched that game though.

And Arsenal made Real Madrid leave the competition. I'm sure many won't share the same opinion I do, but I think they suck (Real Madrid), and tonight's result made me giggle. A LOT. I've only watched the last minutes (I was watching Benfica for obvious reasons), and I saw things I didn't like. Real Madrid players were playing very violently, I saw Zidane and Raul Bravo being incorrect to Arsenal players. And the referee didn't do anything about it. Of course, after all Real Madrid can do whatever they want, and never get punished for it. It's always been like that.

In the overall, I'm very happy for tonight's results. Actually I'm cool with all results until now, I only pity Chelsea didn't go through, but I also love Barcelona, so it's okay. Now there's Inter-Ajax. Ajax will probably be crushed.

Lupin
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
'Real' play how they are, over paid and getting fat. Half of them dont seem arsed with football anymore. The other week Ronaldo looked stoned(more so that usual)...ahh fuck it. Although, Chelsea going out was pretty bad. It was nice to have a pint and see them lose/be on the ropes for a while.
As for Liverpool, well...i just plain dont like Liverpool...i dont know why, but there a bit to arrogent a team. So 'ha' i laugh at them.

Woo, Uefa cup here we come
Bolton Wanderers....i may have no room to talk, but hey Bolton Rock
________
S ENGINE (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_S_engine)

Italia311
03-08-2006, 04:58 PM
A fluke that liverpool won last year!!! FLUKE I SAY!!!!

I also hate them

Lupin
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, maybe 'God'...where ever he is acted on there behalf...it'll be the first and last major trophy they'll win this millenium anyway
________
HONDA VTR250 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_VTR250)

arak0r
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
1 all in the Rangers game last night.....now ther're out....ach well atleast we got further then Celtic! haha

hows the spl goin?

Andy
03-09-2006, 01:49 AM
hows the spl goin?
Touché! HA!

Vera
03-09-2006, 02:44 AM
The Real-Arsenal (lolz) game was so frustrating to watch.

I just don't understand how they could fuck up EVERY single opportunity they had at scoring a goal. I mean, Christ! You're supposed to be top teams! Get it together.

Real Madrid is such a fucking joke. The commentator on Finnish TV was taking the piss out of them the entire time, it was fucking hilarious.

arak0r
03-09-2006, 04:21 AM
oh, and lollerz btw, germany must be scurred of all things italian at this point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fbleurc1geritabayern&prov=afp&type=lgns

darko
03-09-2006, 10:44 AM
hows the spl goin?

Rangers are now out.....they got a 1-1 score but it wasnt enough so they are out.....so now i've lost interest! But hey we got further then Celtic!

Italia311
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
I hate Liverpool I'm so glad they lost. I watched the game yesterday on late night T.V. I went to sleep a happy man.

Khan lets in 4 goals vs Milano...haha..old bitch.

arak0r
03-09-2006, 08:25 PM
Rangers are now out.....they got a 1-1 score but it wasnt enough so they are out.....so now i've lost interest! But hey we got further then Celtic!

doesnt matter when you a) get knocked out, and win nothing and b) arent even close to winning the league.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=sco.1&cc=5901

:) :) :) :)

arak0r
03-10-2006, 06:33 AM
Arsenal - Juventus
Lyon - AC Milan
Inter/Ajax - Villareal
Benfica - Barcelona

oh lordy.

platinumpt
03-10-2006, 07:55 AM
YEAH INDEED!!! Amazing quarter-final draws!!

I'm specially looking forward to see Barcelona vs Benfica matches, I wonder if they'll inflict Benfica another 7-0 like Celta de Vigo did a few seasons ago. :D :p

Dmarques
03-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Benfica!!!!!
Let's pray. It's possible...Barcelona is maybe the best team in the world, but we have a good team and we also eliminated the european champion.
Quem vier morre!!

darko
03-10-2006, 11:43 AM
doesnt matter when you a) get knocked out, and win nothing and b) arent even close to winning the league.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=sco.1&cc=5901

:) :) :) :)

Yeah I s'pose! Hmm Celtic at the top?

arak0r
03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
21 points over rangers, 13 over hearts :)

Dmarques
03-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Scotland championship isn't competitive!
But Celtic is a good team... :rolleyes:

Andy
03-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Arsenal - Juventus
What a match that'll be! Patrick Vieira returning to play against his old club who just beat Real Madrid fairly comfortably in the last round. I can't wait for them.

Dmarques
03-11-2006, 11:04 AM
Henry played already in Juventus also.

FOXMAN
03-11-2006, 04:23 PM
OLYMPIACOS!!! paranoid from Greece! There will be good matces in champions leage.(Especially Arsenal-Juventus and Lyon-Milan but and the other matches have really interest). I have a feeling about Lyon winning the final.

Andy
03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
VILLA LOST! fucking criminal! Why the fuck can't we finish?! If we could finish half the chances we make, we would be AT LEAST top-six material!

GRRRR

Dmarques
03-12-2006, 06:58 AM
OLYMPIACOS!!! paranoid from Greece! There will be good matces in champions leage.(Especially Arsenal-Juventus and Lyon-Milan but and the other matches have really interest). I have a feeling about Lyon winning the final.
No no no...Benfica will eliminate Barcelona and win his third european championship!!

arak0r
03-12-2006, 08:17 AM
im just pissed cuntin chelsea won in the 92nd minute apparently. bastards.

arak0r
03-12-2006, 09:03 AM
im currently watching liverpool v arsenal on this sopcast program. its in chinese, but w/e. best way for me to see live european football :|

arak0r
03-12-2006, 09:38 AM
luis garcia! hah just when i was ready to turn it off
edit: askdjaskdjaskljdsak fucking henry :mad:

Dmarques
03-13-2006, 11:15 AM
im currently watching liverpool v arsenal on this sopcast program. its in chinese, but w/e. best way for me to see live european football :|

Nice match...and gerard's asssistance for Henry was great. Gerard is the best

Andy
03-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Nice match...and gerard's asssistance for Henry was great.
..And people complain that Arsenal don't have any English players..

platinumpt
03-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Hmm yeah, I was kinda confused by that too... Gerard - Liverpool and Henry - Arsenal, right? Did Gerar mess up and assisted Henry? :confused:

Dmarques
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Hmm yeah, I was kinda confused by that too... Gerard - Liverpool and Henry - Arsenal, right? Did Gerar mess up and assisted Henry? :confused:
lool. Next season he's gonna play in Arsenal.
I think he didn't see Henry...he was behind of Liverpool defense.
But look...Henry was ofside...i think he was waiting for that. very inteligent

platinumpt
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh yeah, now I remember. It was a bad pass. He wanted to give the ball back to his goalkeeper.