PDA

View Full Version : Book of Daniel

Paint_It_Black
01-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Anybody happen to watch this show? I caught it just by chance, then left it on because I'd heard about the controversy surrounding it. I thought it was pretty entertaining, and I expect I'll watch it again. The controversy around this is ridiculous. The show was followed by the local news, which had a pretty large segment about the show and viewer reactions. They're going to be giving us more viewer reactions over the weekend, apparently. I just can't understand why anyone could be so offended by this show.

Homer
01-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Isn't that the show about the priest (or something) that talks to Jesus?

Paint_It_Black
01-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Yeah, that's part of it. He also has a gay son, a daughter dealing drugs, and a brother-in-law that just embezzled 3 million dollars from his church. Oh, and he has a Catholic priest friend with mob connections. It's quite entertaining.

Paint_It_Black
01-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Here's an article about it, if anyone is interested. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/eo/20060106/113660346000.html

Homer
01-07-2006, 01:05 AM
What, were the creators of the show just sitting around a room, thinking of how they can make 'the most controversial show of the year', or something? But yeah, it does sound entertaining.

Paint_It_Black
01-07-2006, 02:44 AM
The subjects involved really aren't all that controversial. It's only because the main character is a priest (or whatever the correct title is) that people are getting so upset. And I still don't see why so many people have a problem with that. He seems to be a good man making the best of bad situations. As far as the religious angle goes, I feel so far it shows them in a good light. The church could actually benefit for being portrayed in a modern, humanized manner.