PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin

Drummerguy123
01-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Just wondering what you guys think of them. In my opinion, they were the greatest hard rock band to ever exist. Their style was very flexible while they still remained true to their original sound. Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven, and Kashmir are my favorites by them.

coke_a_holic
01-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Led Zeppelin are nothing less than less than 3,333. I love the majority of Physical Graffiti, but I also love the first 4 cds by them in their entirety(entireties?). The first one is my personal favorite, but the 2nd is great as well.

PsychoticAndInsomniac
01-08-2006, 05:22 AM
I especially like their 4 first CD's, too. I'm in love with Dazed and Confused, Babe I'm gonna leave you, The lemon song, Stairway to heaven...Fucking fantastic group, their entire discography is priceless.

Igniton
01-08-2006, 08:41 AM
led zeppelins most popular songs i am a fan of (Kashmir, Immagrant Song, Black Dog, Stairway to Heaven etc.). but they arent the kind of music i can get alot of songs off. i dont know know why there are basicly the greatest but i can easily see that they are one of the greatest

Original prankstA
01-08-2006, 09:05 AM
baisically i'm a huge fan of them, i think i have every album, and i love black dog and stairway to heaven and stuff but i really love them for songs like: the ocean, heart breaker, living loving maid, and moby dick

BATWT
01-08-2006, 10:55 AM
It's true: Possibly the greatest rock and roll band to ever exist. An accolade that will last for years to come unless something radical happens. They had everything; the greatest rock and roll drummer, guitarist, and bassist. Combining that with the power of Plant's vocals just makes it out of this world.

And they're British.

Drummerguy123
01-08-2006, 11:40 AM
The drummer was good, but I wouldn't consider him the best. He's definately a world class drummer, though; there is no denying that.

Andy
01-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I am shocked sir. And with you being a drummer yourself! You're a rare breed my friend. You're special.

Drummerguy123
01-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Don't get me wrong, he is really, really good. I'm talking like one of the world's elite dummers, but i just don't think he's the best. Maybe the fourth or fifth best.

coke_a_holic
01-08-2006, 03:11 PM
What's your list, then? I'm really interested because the only really really good drummers that are extremely well-known that I can think of are Bonham, Ginger Baker, the drummer from Tool (can't remember his name, but he is amazing) and Mitch Mitchell. I like a few others, but they aren't mainstream enough to be widely considered the greatest.

Andy
01-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I would say Bonham was the greatest rock and roll drummer, as even though there were rock and roll drummers before him, he really set the standard for modern rock drumming. To play with such precision, power, and imaginativity was something very rarely seen until Bonzo came along and tore it apart.

Drummerguy123
01-08-2006, 03:16 PM
What's your list, then? I'm really interested because the only really really good drummers that are extremely well-known that I can think of are Bonham, Ginger Baker, the drummer from Tool (can't remember his name, but he is amazing) and Mitch Mitchell. I like a few others, but they aren't mainstream enough to be widely considered the greatest.

Oh yeah, I forgot about whatshisname from Tool. He is amazing.

This s in no particular order, but I'd say Mike Portnoy, Neil Peart, Carmine Appice, Travis Barker, and some others I can't think of right now. I know people are gonna get mad at me for this list.

Andy
01-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Nah, everyone's entitled to their own opinions; those are all very good drummers.

Drummerguy123
01-08-2006, 03:27 PM
You've got to be the first one on this board to not criticize me for thinking that Travis Barker and Neil Peart should be on that list. Thanks. :P

EDI: Nobody ever says anything about Carmine Appice because nobody knows who he is.

Andy
01-08-2006, 03:51 PM
You've got to be the first one on this board to not criticize me for thinking that Travis Barker and Neil Peart should be on that list.

I don't criticize stuff like that, I'm sure if i made such a list it'll contain a few potential lemons as well.

Human
01-08-2006, 03:55 PM
They kick ass. Nothing more to be said.

Drummerguy123
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't criticize stuff like that, I'm sure if i made such a list it'll contain a few potential lemons as well.

OMG! It's like, a person on the BBS who ISN'T a total jackass!!! *gasp!*

lol
lemons........

BREAK
01-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Good? Yes. The best? Doubtful.

Josh Freese
02-02-2006, 03:11 AM
John Bonham is the best drummer for Led Zeppelin.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
I was watching VH1 last night and saw the 100 Greatest Artists of Hard of Rock, I would imagine it was made a long time ago but I saw it for the first time last night. When they were at the 9 spot I was thinking who could be in the top 8. I thought of 7 bands and couldn't think of another one. By the time we reached the 5th one, I was like, I forgot Led Zeppelin which ended up being #1.

Drummerguy123
02-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I was watching VH1 last night and saw the 100 Greatest Artists of Hard of Rock, I would imagine it was made a long time ago but I saw it for the first time last night. When they were at the 9 spot I was thinking who could be in the top 8. I thought of 7 bands and couldn't think of another one. By the time we reached the 5th one, I was like, I forgot Led Zeppelin which ended up being #1.

Yeah, I saw that program several months ago. I actually watched the whole thing from start to finish. It was pretty cool.

Drummerguy123
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
John Bonham is the best drummer for Led Zeppelin.

That's not what was being argued.

They had everything; the greatest rock and roll drummer.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I saw that program several months ago. I actually watched the whole thing from start to finish. It was pretty cool.

Yeah I watched the whole thing too. It inspired me to make a list of my own 100 best bands. Here is a link to where I posted it, last post.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=722012#post722012

Except Led Zeppelin was #36 on this favorites list.

Drummerguy123
02-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Yeah I watched the whole thing too. It inspired me to make a list of my own 100 best bands. Here is a link to where I posted it, last post.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=722012#post722012

Except Led Zeppelin was #36 on this favorites list.

:eek: YOU HAVE HOOBASTANK ABOVE LED ZEPPELIN!!!!! AND WHAT IS PINK FLOYD DOING AT 66!!!!!! *dies*

Original prankstA
02-05-2006, 11:08 AM
:eek: YOU HAVE HOOBASTANK ABOVE LED ZEPPELIN!!!!! AND WHAT IS PINK FLOYD DOING AT 66!!!!!! *dies*
DEMON DEMON!!!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-05-2006, 11:46 AM
It was just my favorite bands list. I don't like Pink Floyd as much as all the other bands. It was really hard to pick the bands that would make it on the list in the first place. Then to put them in order...

Jerzidevil
02-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Led Zeppelin III is my favorite. I love "Friends" and "Gallows Pole."

IAmARevenant
08-17-2006, 02:46 PM
My favorite Zep song is deffidently Achilles Last Stand. It's just so great I love it!!! :)

thomda11
08-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Greatest Band in the History of Rock, but The Offspring is still my favorite. There is a difference.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
08-17-2006, 08:58 PM
Since this has been revived, I'm debating on which Zep album I should get. I already really like a few songs off III and In Through The Out Door, and I want to buy the albums physically. Which one is better out of the two? That's if they're even good albums (Haha, a bad Led Zeppelin album).

thomda11
08-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh, and one more thing. John Paul Jones is often overshadowed by the other members of the bands. He is the best bassist of all time imo

opivy21
08-18-2006, 04:42 AM
I never got what was so great about Led Zeppelin.