PDA

View Full Version : Greg K

OFFSPRING!!!!
12-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Y does Greg K never dance around in videos? :(

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 09:47 AM
i think they should make greg more interesting in the videos too, maybe he should grow long hair

MirandaV
12-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Because he just doesn't. What do you mean by dance? The other bandmembers don't usually dance in clips too.

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 09:55 AM
i think he means jumping around and stuff... when i watches woodstock, greg is the only one who don't jump and just stands there, moving to the beat and plays his bass, noodles and dexter is always jumping around and running around everywhere

MirandaV
12-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Atom doesn't jump around as well. sorry stupid.

I think bass is a more serious instrument and you've got to keep your concentration.

Chainsaw
12-05-2004, 10:50 AM
well i like greg the way he is... it would be weird for me to see him jumping and running around the stage..... :)

ixnay04
12-05-2004, 10:53 AM
hes a quite guy, i guess its his own style. Thats why they call him Mr. "Saturday Night". (from Americana extra)

Kayleigh
12-05-2004, 11:00 AM
Greg K. isn't actually a person. It's a cardboard cut out.

He looks like he's playing bass, but it's someone up above controlling his arms with some string. Atom has a tape player hidden behind his drum kit, and he just presses play when they want some bass.

Naz
12-05-2004, 11:10 AM
Sometimes the tape recorder messes up so they send in Higgins to distract the crowd with his illuminous green shoes.

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Atom doesn't jump around as well. sorry stupid.

I think bass is a more serious instrument and you've got to keep your concentration.duh, atom doesnt count because he has no choice except to get really into it when he's performing live

i'm not saying that greg should change his ways, but i also don't think noodles and dexter should hog the camera all the time

Noodles is gay
12-05-2004, 12:23 PM
It's actually pretty hard to jump around and play bass at the same time - especially if one is using a pick, as Greg K does. You've got nothing to hold onto so you hand moves too much and you miss the strings, look at alot of bassists and they won't move too much either, eg. Green day bassist.

I play bass, it's difficult to jump but i guess like all things it needs practise, mayhap Greg K just doesn't like to look like a hyperactive kid.

MirandaV
12-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Now, why that username?

Naz
12-05-2004, 12:25 PM
It looks like Greg probably stands there thinking : Ahh theyre like embarrassing drunk parents dancing at a family event. I'll just stand here and be normal.

Tijs
12-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Sometimes the tape recorder messes up so they send in Higgins to distract the crowd with his illuminous green shoes.
Haha, funny man. So I guess you have the Americana video too then? Or wait.. was that Huck It?

Sixpence.
12-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Well I guess Greg should stay like he is. Look we all noticed him though ;)
We noticed him JUST BECAUSE he just plays his bass without moving too much. I think it's cool. Noodles and Dexter are - well - more 'active' on stage, Atom has to sit behind the drums (he can't stand up and hop around. How should that work out???) and Greg is calmer.
I think it's perfect :)

Oh and hi Tijs, hope you're doing great!

willferno
12-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Grek is the best man! he knows how to make his place even if he's calm and don't usualy talk...with the red lights on his bass on Bad Habit...sometimes we don't know what he's trying to do or if he's trying to say something ...when he moves we're all "damn he's walking I can't believe it!!!"...and when he plays on stage and he's not looking to his bass (yeah I swear sometimes he's not looking his bass) he looks to the people and says to himself "what am I going to eat for supper"...lolll seriously he's the coolest in his own way like dexter, noodles and atom are

Noodles is gay
12-05-2004, 01:26 PM
Ah, but flea doesn't play with a pick.

If one plays bass with fingers one can hold onto the bass' body and therefore not mess up what one's playing, however, if one plays with a pick it's so much easier to mess up because your hand has nothing to hold onto.

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Grek is the best man! he knows how to make his place even if he's calm and don't usualy talk...with the red lights on his bass on Bad Habit...sometimes we don't know what he's trying to do or if he's trying to say something ...when he moves we're all "damn he's walking I can't believe it!!!"...and when he plays on stage and he's not looking to his bass (yeah I swear sometimes he's not looking his bass) he looks to the people and says to himself "what am I going to eat for supper"...lolll seriously he's the coolest in his own way like dexter, noodles and atom arehaha, that's funny

Naz
12-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Haha, funny man. So I guess you have the Americana video too then? Or wait.. was that Huck It?

Oh, its all about THE shoes in Huck It....

Zee
12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Greg is only being himself, what's wrong with that?

Besides, sometimes he goes fucking crazy with his knee dance. :eek:

Jojan
12-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Greg's rockin like hell on stage. He's very good bassist. But I have to admit that it would be boring if Noodles didn't jump around. But it is hard to rock around and playing bass. I fucked up totally once when my band had a gig! That was fun! :P

IdleOffspring
12-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Greg is cool!!

end of discussion.

selfrighteoussuicide
12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
It's actually pretty hard to jump around and play bass at the same time - especially if one is using a pick, as Greg K does. You've got nothing to hold onto so you hand moves too much and you miss the strings, look at alot of bassists and they won't move too much either, eg. Green day bassist.

I play bass, it's difficult to jump but i guess like all things it needs practise, mayhap Greg K just doesn't like to look like a hyperactive kid.

watch the American Idiot video and tell me Mike Dirnt doesnt move around much

Noodles is gay
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
watch the American Idiot video and tell me Mike Dirnt doesnt move around much

Dude, he doesn't. He just kinda bends his knees and looks pretty cool, there is an occasional jump on end notes but thats about it, that's easy but im talking about playing whole parts on tunes jumping about, not just the occasional jump.

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
actually i was watching green day playing at the reading festival... mike was skipping around on stage playing a bass line... but he usually stays around the mic because he does a lot of back-up vocals

Chup
12-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Greg is perfect the way he is...
He's normal unlike Noodles (Kevin aka. Noodles is very very very arrogant)..
Did anyone noticed that almost all pictures of Greg on this site
are...how should I say it...with weird light efects...
it looks very beautiful..but weird in the same time...

Naz
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
YOU LOVE GREG!!!!

Im telling everyone about your secret crush....

Pranksta
12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Does anyone have a clip of him saying "please throw hats to me onstage"?

greencows12
12-05-2004, 08:26 PM
well i like greg the way he is... it would be weird for me to see him jumping and running around the stage..... :)
That would be funny, if all of a sudden he just started dancing and running around the stage. picture this: greg k one day all of a sudden decided to grow his hair, make it a big green mohawk and dance, jump run around on stage, and start screaming. You people complain that he doesn't dance, but he's a talented musician and if he all of a sudden did that, you would be complaining that you liked greg k the way he was before. Besides, if he did that, what would Higgins do?:D

vintagepunkrock7
12-05-2004, 09:53 PM
you know he just seems like a more conservative guy than the rest of them, which is probly a good thing, it might come off as too intense if they were all crazy and running around and besides like many have pointed out already he is a great musician and really that is what counts. i remember watching the extras from the americana disc on my computer and there was a little video of them it looked like backstage somewhere and even then greg seemed alittle more on the quiet side.

pie.
12-05-2004, 11:59 PM
cuz hes too busy bassing round.

Chup
12-06-2004, 10:18 AM
YOU LOVE GREG!!!!

Im telling everyone about your secret crush....

Are you talking to me?

Anya82
12-06-2004, 11:20 AM
I just like Greg K the way he is.....
He's the type of guy I like.. <3 <3

bouncingcoles
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
i wouldnt be suprised if greg wasnt perminently stuck in that pose when he plays. hehehe. anyway, i couldnt imagine greg jumping around on stage, it would just freak me out.

Tired_Of_You
12-06-2004, 02:40 PM
The "dance" he does on stage is cool. :) Greg rocks!

Ditol
01-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Well, Greg K has got his own world :) that's sweet