PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 11:56 AM
I know the name's completely unpronouncable, but anyway..

I'm really rather fond of these. I bought their Greatest Hits yesterday and I really enjoyed it. The lyrics are often very shit, but I don't really listen to the lyrics that much. To me they sound like a cross between Iron Maiden and Ronnie James Dio, both of whom I love. Give them a try.

The Lady Wore Black (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2LHI3050WXEWO3DO2CT667PNOU)

I'll upload more if requested.

Mannen som blev en gris
01-09-2006, 12:00 PM
I kinda like them... I heard a song by them on the radio today, but I've forgot the name... crap. But a mix between Dio and Maiden? More like Helloween and Dio imo.

Edit: ...into the eyes of a stranger! That's the one.

Edit again: I'll download that song now.

Edit again: The one you uploaded that is.

3D17 4G41N...: That song actually reminds me a lot of Helloween. Just less pop and more 80s.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 12:12 PM
Naw, it definitely had Seventh Son Maiden-type influence.

Mannen som blev en gris
01-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Well, I never got that one... I've kinda given up on Bruce. Though I might get it someday, since it still seems pretty interesting.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 12:43 PM
I could upload some tracks from it if you want.

China Boy
01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I kind of liked it, but I prefer power metal.

Geoff (or whatever he's called) is a pretty talented singer.

Drummerguy123
01-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I am not very familiar with them, but what I have heard was pretty good. My friend saw them I think twice last year and she said it was really awesome.

Mannen som blev en gris
01-10-2006, 07:15 AM
I kind of liked it, but I prefer power metal.
You're telling me Queensryche isn't power metal?! I'm sorry, but isn't this band like... the typical power metal band or something?

And no Dave, you don't have to upload anything.

Chris
01-10-2006, 08:33 AM
that reminds me, we really do need a decent metal thread

not a big fan of the old styled power metal, but anything afterwards floats my boat usually

China Boy
01-10-2006, 09:58 AM
You're telling me Queensryche isn't power metal?! I'm sorry, but isn't this band like... the typical power metal band or something?

And no Dave, you don't have to upload anything.

I always thought they were progressive metal. Oh well, when I think about it, they are kind of power metal...ish. However, Freedom Call is the typical Power Metal band in my opinion.

Camilamazed
01-10-2006, 06:29 PM
I actually know only one song - Silent Lucidity (Which I thing is very nice)