PDA

View Full Version : Dear General Public,

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Guys with afros do NOT like to have their head touched by you if you are just sitting nearby and bored. This holds especially true if you are:
1. Unattractive
2. A complete stranger
3. Pretending you have scissors in your hands.

Seriously, if you see a kid with an afro, don't start touching it. Thanks, and that is all.

nieh
01-09-2006, 12:44 PM
What if I was to play with your fro? I'm relatively attractive and I'm not a complete stranger. I would never do the scissors thing though. Other people have done that to me cause I have long hair. It's even worse when they ACTUALLY have scissors in their hands and pretend like they're cutting it.

Jebus
01-09-2006, 12:46 PM
what if the girl is pretty? I wouldn't mind.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 12:47 PM
What if I was to play with your fro? I'm relatively attractive and I'm not a complete stranger. I would never do the scissors thing though. Other people have done that to me cause I have long hair. It's even worse when they ACTUALLY have scissors in their hands and pretend like they're cutting it.

I despise people who do that.

People seem to be obsessed with your hair if it's in any way different. 100 times a day I hear "look, that dude's hair's purple!" said in an audible whisper.

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm talking like falling asleep in class and having kids touching my hair. It's really creepy and really uncool. I let people touch my hair for like small amounts of time, but I'd prefer not to have kids touching it. Once a guy woke me up because he accidentally pulled my hair when he was done touching it. =/

Megs
01-09-2006, 12:49 PM
it annoys me that close friends i haven't seen for a while are like, holy fuck, her hair's blue! well duhhhhh.....and because my hair is long and relatively "soft snd silky" cos i don't blow-dry it, people have this weird obsession with running it through their fingers and playing with it.....it's like.....excuse me?

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 12:50 PM
it annoys me that close friends i haven't seen for a while are like, holy fuck, her hair's blue! well duhhhhh.....and because my hair is long and relatively "soft snd silky" cos i don't blow-dry it, people have this weird obsession with running it through their fingers and playing with it.....it's like.....excuse me?

Heh, I hear ya sista.

nieh
01-09-2006, 12:58 PM
and because my hair is long and relatively "soft snd silky" cos i don't blow-dry it, people have this weird obsession with running it through their fingers and playing with it.....it's like.....excuse me?

That I don't mind.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 01:00 PM
It's nice if it's someone you know. I've had people do it to me on buses before. It's not so nice then.

TeenawRocks
01-09-2006, 01:02 PM
people do the same with tattoos.. they just go up to you, pull on your shirt or whatever up or down side ways and all just to see your full tattoo.. and then touch it..

i mean, what the fuck..

esp. when its on your chest.

christ.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 01:03 PM
people do the same with tattoos.. they just go up to you, pull on your shirt or whatever up or down side ways and all just to see your full tattoo.. and then touch it..

i mean, what the fuck..

esp. when its on your chest.

christ.

Pfft, where's your sense of romance?

Megs
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
It's nice if it's someone you know. I've had people do it to me on buses before. It's not so nice then.
i don't mind if it's mates or something messing around or stuff, but when it's someone i hardly know it makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. i remember the one time on the bus, there a really little girl sat behind me fiddling with my hair trying to make little plaits, and when it didn't work she started pulling on it. it hurt. so i just stood up and went upstairs.

Tizzalicious
01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
When I had pink hair EVERYONE touched it. Like they thought because it was pink it would feel different or something. WTF? It's not cotton candy.

And then, like Dave, people commenting on the street: "It's not carnival yet!" "Hey...your hair is pink!" (REALLY NOW???) and when I had pigtails: "Look! It's pippi longstocking!" The worst thing being that they all thought they were soooo funny and original, even though I heard it all several times a day.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 01:10 PM
That's what's essentially annoying. Everyone thinks they're ridiculously witty.

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 01:26 PM
5th period everyday (with accurate representation of how they speak):

"Where da birds at?"
"They're still down south for winter, like I've told you every day for the past month. You aren't original or funny."

Then they think they can still keep the joke going by saying something like, "When ya think they'll be back?" or "Have you seen any eggs in there?"

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2006, 01:34 PM
I sympathize and everything, yet can't help but wonder if you've considered not sleeping at school?

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 01:39 PM
It doesn't matter if I'm asleep or not, that's just when they tend to do it because there's a smaller chance of me perceiving it right away.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I sympathize and everything, yet can't help but wonder if you've considered not sleeping at school?

Are you insane? Where are they supposed to sleep?

killer_queen
01-09-2006, 01:43 PM
coke, you can't blame people. I mean, if I were near you I wouldn't take my hand of your hair. It's just sooooo lovely. Let people do that or cut your hair.

Kerr
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Being half-asian, my hair is naturally straight. It is embarressing when you get asked questions on use of hair-straighteners.

Mota Boy
01-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Oh man, I feel your pain... when I was in first grade I asked the teacher to move me to the back of the class because every mother that came to talk to her would stand by my desk and just stroke my hair while they talked. Then, even at the back of the class, these women would still find me and rub my hair while I'd entertain thoughts of snapping at their fingers.

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2006, 01:52 PM
It doesn't matter if I'm asleep or not, that's just when they tend to do it because there's a smaller chance of me perceiving it right away.

Hmm. Try pretending to be asleep, then when they gather round to inappropriately touch your follicles you can jump up, surprise and decapitate the closest one, and I'd wager the rest will scatter.

Being half-asian, my hair is naturally straight. It is embarressing when you get asked questions on use of hair-straighteners.

Are you half-good at math and half-bad at driving?

I apologize.

sKratch
01-09-2006, 01:55 PM
I fullheartedly oppose and dis-endorse this thread. Except the "if you're unnatractive part". Girls playing with my hair is a major MAJOR yes.

Kerr
01-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Are you half-good at math and half-bad at driving?

I apologize.
:P

Yes, I am very good at maths. Driving? I don't know. As for driving lessons, I haven't taken any yet but I plan to with job money.

killer_queen
01-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I fullheartedly oppose and dis-endorse this thread. Except the "if you're unnatractive part". Girls playing with my hair is a major MAJOR yes.
See? This is a reasonable, mature, wise man with great hair. Try to be like him.

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I've actually recently instated a policy (meaning I wrote it in my AIM profile about 30 seconds ago and will leave it up for a week) that the anyone who touches my head without any permission will undergo a knucke-cracking.

Mota Boy: Some parents actually go up to me at my sibling's sports events and ask if they could touch my hair. It's kind of funny, but a little sad at the same time. I think it has something to do with their spouses all balding.

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
:P

Yes, I am very good at maths. Driving? I don't know. As for driving lessons, I haven't taken any yet but I plan to with job money.

You and Endy should have a maths-off.

Kerr
01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Endy will beat my ass anytime because he is at a much more advanced level, and I make a lot of mistakes. But I would do it for the fun of it.

Paint_It_Black
01-09-2006, 02:03 PM
That would be an awesome bbs event. Seriously.

Sorry, I'll stop taking this off-topic now.

sKratch
01-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Yeah I do some math too, you know, no big deal.

Mota Boy
01-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Mota Boy: Some parents actually go up to me at my sibling's sports events and ask if they could touch my hair. It's kind of funny, but a little sad at the same time. I think it has something to do with their spouses all balding.
Hmmm, try responding "Sure. Can I touch your boobs?"

coke_a_holic
01-09-2006, 02:12 PM
sKratch, I'm not talking girls walking up and playing with my hair. I mean when people randomly just start touching it like it's one of those "test the pillow" things they have at that Sleep Number store. I just don't want to feel hands all over my head all the time, and I'm sure you like to have some time when some random guy in your class has his hands in your hair.

Rag Doll
01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I have reallllly long hair (and it's pretty nice, if I do say so myself ;p), so I constantly have people commenting on it. Touching it. Playing with it. Comments, I don't mind...they're never rude or anything, usually just really nice and I blush and don't know what to do. But the constant touching....eep. If I know you, fine. But I've had customers start grabbing at my hair when I'm working. um, wtf? Even worse when it's dirty old men. =\

Preocupado
01-09-2006, 02:57 PM
to the colorful haired: maybe people want to grab it because it looks edible.

and i was a shmuck when i had white hair. A 30 mins walk on the streets was enough to piss me because of the amount of people staring at my alien hair. it's different, so people will look. i think i actually enjoyed that.

Sunny
01-09-2006, 03:06 PM
ek. i don't feel your pain hair-wise (i have a regular emo/raver cut, nothing thrilling), but people trying to touch parts of you that are well.. unusual... is something i can definitely relate to. namely, my wings. my tattooed wings, of course. people need to realize that "can i touch it" and "can i outline it with my hands" are NOT acceptable/reasonable requests.

so gross.

nieh
01-09-2006, 03:10 PM
ek. i don't feel your pain hair-wise (i have a regular emo/raver cut, nothing thrilling), but people trying to touch parts of you that are well.. unusual... is something i can definitely relate to. namely, my wings. my tattooed wings, of course. people need to realize that "can i touch it" and "can i outline it with my hands" are NOT acceptable/reasonable requests.

so gross.

omgz, why don't your wings feel like feathers?

0r4ng3
01-09-2006, 03:32 PM
It sucks especially when people want to touch hair that's spiked. Not only is it annoying, but hair gel wears out.

All About Eve
01-09-2006, 03:33 PM
Funniest thing anyone's ever said to me, was last year, probably my second week at my new school.

"Hey, guy with the hair!"

I wanted to slap him.

Conspiracy of One
01-09-2006, 03:34 PM
Now it's "Hey, you with the face!" which is even more lame.

I'm also kinda sad this thread wasn't about the band "General Public" :(

Twinkle
01-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't care who it is. I looooooooove when people touch my hair. Its so...sensual, for lack of a better term. Its apparently soft and silky and golden in the light, and people want my hair. And when its hot guys...sweet. They can touch my hair whenever they want.

Andy
01-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Its so...sensual

Cheap Date.

Rag Doll
01-09-2006, 04:24 PM
It is nice when people touch your hair. But I'm a lot more comfortable when it's someone I know.

plusitturnsmeon =\

nieh
01-09-2006, 04:25 PM
plusitturnsmeon =\

*makes a mental note*

ruroken
01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Now it's "Hey, you with the face!" which is even more lame.

That shit's funny when I'm bored off my ass during passing period and my friend just yells it and like, everyone looks at us.

T-6005
01-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Le sexy hair touching is a yes.

I don't have hair worth touching otherwise. So I don't get the creepyness.

Conspiracy of One
01-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Le "Le" is getting too repetitive.

Twinkle
01-09-2006, 04:40 PM
plusitturnsmeon =\

Heck yes, Sam! I guess I'll be a cheap date, indeed.

Endymion
01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
chicks dig my golden curls.

ninthlayer
01-09-2006, 05:36 PM
Wafros are for fags and sKratch.
That is all.

T-6005
01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Le "Le" is getting too repetitive.
For your information, the "Le" is perfect. Having posted le SAD image every time someone here made me sigh would have been too repetitive.