PDA

View Full Version : who in here hates Christmas?

acgc2002
12-05-2004, 11:34 AM
who in here hates Christmas?

Tijs
12-05-2004, 11:37 AM
I kinda do, the idea is nice though. But I always feel bad on Christmas. I don't really know why, but it has been like this for the past decade or so.

Linda
12-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I kinda do, the idea is nice though. But I always feel bad on Christmas. I don't really know why, but it has been like this for the past decade or so.

Could it be because:
1) You don't get any presents?
2) You don't have money to buy people you love presents?
3) You are tired of feeling obligated to give people presents?
OR
4) You just don't know anymore what to buy people?

Floyd the Barber
12-05-2004, 11:44 AM
who in here hates Christmas?

I love Christmas, if only for the presents, mindless spending and vacation.

fairy call
12-05-2004, 11:44 AM
I don't really know, I'm not looking forward to all the family visits and stuff, but I do like it in some way, I like the fact that it darkens pretty early and I like walking in town with the christmas trees everywhere and the ice skate thing (not that I iceskate but it just looks nice) and the coldness and snow.

Maybe it's just winter I like, and not necessarily (sp?) christmas.

GBH2
12-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I love Christmas, if only for the presents, mindless spending and vacation.

i agree. i love presents and time off from school

Tijs
12-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Could it be because:
1) You don't get any presents?
2) You don't have money to buy people you love presents?
3) You are tired of feeling obligated to give people presents?
OR
4) You just don't know anymore what to buy people?
1) No
2) Nope
3) Nu-uh
4) Yes... no wait... no.

willferno
12-05-2004, 11:58 AM
well the only thing I like about christmas is that we don't have school... or else it means stupid christmas songs that return each year since christmas exist... stupid movies on tv that was played since 10 years... everyone is hoping you to give them something... and you receive gifts in exchance that you don't like... so you lost a lot of money for nothing... and they it's time to spend the love... whatever

the_GoDdEsS
12-05-2004, 02:00 PM
I just love giving presents. More than receiving, really.
I used to love Christmas as a child. Now it's terribly nostalgic. But I'm still looking forward.

MirandaV
12-05-2004, 02:03 PM
I don't hate it, nah, not at all.

I love to buy presents also, though nobody ever buys something for me..

Idiot
12-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I hate all the hype.

Tired_Of_You
12-05-2004, 02:57 PM
I don't hate it but it is not something I look forward to so much. I like it because my family is pretty cool, I don't receive expensive gifts but I don't really care, it's always something I like. And I'm going to eat really good food :)

GreenTerror
12-05-2004, 03:00 PM
Christmas trees smell pretty.

Chris
12-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Its one of those things that you enjoy more the younger you are, although at least everyone comes back from uni at xmas so at least theres meetups instore. The main thing I hate about it though is that it sure makes work hectic and quite annoying with even more moaning customers. Oh, and the shopping as well, but its a good feeling if you do manage to buy everyone presents they like.

Revolver-2005?
12-05-2004, 03:52 PM
i hate christmas...cause i celebrate channuka!

Tijs
12-05-2004, 03:58 PM
i hate christmas...cause i celebrate channuka!
Oh you're a jew then? TripBoy's gonna make fun of you.

nitropenguin!
12-05-2004, 03:59 PM
lol, indeed.

I love Christmas :) ... and winter... and Christmas. Makes me happy.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2004, 04:05 PM
I love Christmas, because I love my family. I love all my family.

My nan throws a little party on Christmas Eve. No disco or anything, obviously, we just get together and talk and have a good time. Might not sound much, but it just wouldn't be christmas without my Nan's christmas eve party. Then my Nan and Uncle come round christmas day for dinner and stay until about 8. It's so fabulous.

nitropenguin!
12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Sounds awesome to me :) I envy you... Christmas these days are boring since it's only with my mom and dad... and my best friend is in Japan for a while.

TheUnholyNightbringer
12-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Christmas is such a great time for me. It's the one time of the year when I'm irrevocably and unalterably happy. And I need that right now.

DirtyMagic
12-05-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm not much on Christmas these days either. It's really hectic, and it saddens me that people have to have a designated day out of the year to take it upon themselves to be with loved ones and get them gifts. I'm just a grinch I guess. :rolleyes:

Eccentric Sara
12-05-2004, 05:07 PM
I used to love Christmas when I was a kid,but I just find it boring and repetitive now. I hate all the hype and build-up to it that starts in like,early November! Its just overkill. By the time Christmas actually arrives,I'm sick of it. It is meant to be a religious festival to celebrate the birth of Christ,but it has turned into a commercial festival to celebrate the amount of money everybody can make. That annoys me. I still celebrate Xmas though,even though I'm an athiest and am not religious in any way. I like the presents and the food,and to an extent,the decorations,as long as they are not too tacky. I dunno. If Christmas didn't take place,I wouldn't really be that bothered. All that obligatory time with your family!!!NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :mad: It is enough to put anyone off Christmas!

GBH2
12-05-2004, 06:09 PM
i think it's funny how a soon as halloween is over, all the stores put up all their christmas stuff

Linda
12-05-2004, 06:11 PM
Sure doesn't get me in the Christmas spirit!

Revolver-2005?
12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
christmas is way way too commercialized nowadays, i think its kinda lost its meaning, channuka on the other hand (judaism not being popular in america) hasnt because its not a big deal to most

Chris
12-05-2004, 07:01 PM
you speak as if its happened overnight...

NEOCON99
12-05-2004, 07:06 PM
I don't hate xmas, i just don't like it, just another excuse to get drunk, like any other hollyday.
:p

Tired_Of_You
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
i think it's funny how a soon as halloween is over, all the stores put up all their christmas stuff

It's crazy. I saw a television commercial about Christmas October 31! Dammit, it's 2 months before Christmas! I also saw Christmas decorations even before Halloween...

livecby
12-05-2004, 08:30 PM
my favorite part about christmas is spending time with all my family and relatives. It's just so great!

RXP
12-06-2004, 12:32 AM
I hate every holiday. Prefer work

lousyskater
12-06-2004, 12:53 AM
i hate the positive vibe of christmas. just annoys the hell out of me.

wliethof
12-06-2004, 03:53 AM
I will be avoiding it by running far far away!

Tizzalicious
12-06-2004, 06:56 AM
I love Christmas, but always manage to feel lonely too, so don't know why I love it. But I still do.

Nina
12-06-2004, 08:13 AM
i dont celebrate christmas. it doesnt have to do with
religion, so i cant say i dont because i am atheist
(which i, btw, am) i just...dont celebrate it. and i dont
seem to miss THAT much. i'd probably miss it if the
families here in germany (and i am refering to the families
i know of) would celebrate it properly, as in actually
spend time together, cook together or whatever the
fuck people usually do during christmas time.
ah well.

Danielle
12-06-2004, 08:42 AM
I like Christmas, i just find it annoying 'cos even ppl who aren't religious celebrate it and it makes no sense. It's supposed to celebrate the birth of Christ and now it's all about companies trying to sell as much as possible 'cos they know that they'll sell an awful lot at Christmas and make loads of money - everyone buys each other presents.Though I suppose that has to happen in the consumers world we live in.
(ok i know I've probably repeated wot some of u hav already said... :p )

I still lurve xmas though, go to church every xmas morning and then we come back to presents and a delicious xmas lunch. I try to forget about the crappy (commercial) bit of it...

wheelchairman
12-06-2004, 08:48 AM
I'm all for Christmas being an atheist holiday.

It's a joke to believe that Christmas is about Jesus and that silly notion should be cast out. Christians celebrate Christmas in Winter because it was merely a ploy to convert pagans, by making one of our major holidays at around the same time of year as one of the main pagan-harvesting holidays. Christ wasn't born in December.

Linda
12-06-2004, 08:48 AM
To Danielle - Do you go to church the rest of the year?

Danielle
12-06-2004, 08:54 AM
To Danielle - Do you go to church the rest of the year?

I go to church at Easter and Christmas - I'm an anglican and here in the south of france the only anglican church round here is at Marseilles - too far for me to go every week. I would if I could though. (before i moved to france i did)

Betty
12-06-2004, 04:22 PM
Good things about Christmas:
-chocolate
-giving presents
-getting presents
-New Year's party (yes, not quite Christmas, but still during Christmas break)
-Christmas ORANGES
-Time off from school
-Working (part time Christmas job)
-Christmas lights
-Baking
-FOOD
-Christmas eve get together
-Seeing friends from home
-Winter activities (skiing, snowmachining, etc.)
-Drinking with the folks

Bad things about Christmas:
-church (my family makes me go, cause they're catholic)
-COLD weather
-busy shopping malls
-missing my boyfriend from school
-a little TOO much family
-getting bored and wanting to go back to school again

Overall, Christmas is fun!

Sunny
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
I love Christmas... the atmosphere, the smell of the tree, christmas lights, food, presents, being with people i love... it all just makes me really happy.

i'll miss my boyfriend like hell though. blarggh.

JoY
12-06-2004, 06:02 PM
nope. I actually love Christmas, no matter what semi-sarcastic comments I've made about it in the past.

I like the people around me, the coming together & stuff (aww<3), food, candles, silly decorations (lights!!), playing the violin in church (though that's rather hypocritical. whatever), the tiny fat tree (about 1.70 m) we have every year, the mood & love-spreading.

I hate, however, my mothers stress for a nice Christmas dinner, the awkward blessings I get in church, unsincere interest in each other, that often pops up around this time of the year. but that can't spoil anything.

Mota Boy
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
It's the most wonderful time of the year.

This year probably won't be as good though. We usually do the holiday thing at our house, then drive down to our grandparents and see my dad's side of the family for a few days. This year our grandparents decided to go on vacation instead, though.

I'm going to be a very, very happy man on the drive home from school.