PDA

View Full Version : Chopper (all the Aussies in the house say "yeaaaahhh")

Andy
01-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm cracking into my newly acquired DVDs, currently re-enjoying the genius that is Chopper - "the darkly comic portrayal of Australias most notorious criminal" or whatever. Eric Bana plays the man himself and it's just, such a great movie. (My mate who introduced me to it comes from the land of Oz, so no smart-asses telling me I don't fully appreciate it or whatever).

So, whose seen it? If you haven't, If I were you I'd check it out as soon as possible - believe you me you'll enjoy it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chopper_Read - to help you all along.

Disclaimer: Andy does not condone criminal activity in any way; even if you do cut your ears off.

Rancid_Guyxxx
01-10-2006, 08:14 PM
Sounds cool. I might check it out.

Sin Studly
01-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Female Reporter - "So... you really cut peoples toes off?"

Chopper - "Oh yes, my word! They loved it."

Female Reporter - "They loved it?"

Chopper - "Well... no, I mean, they didn't like it. They screamed a lot. But I liked it."

Female Reporter - ".... what exactly did you... like about it?"

Chopper - "Oh.. y'know... they way they just.. popped off." (Chopper bursts into maniacal laughter at this point)

Andy
01-11-2006, 09:31 AM
After Chopper's run in with Kiethy in the social room:

Guard: "What the hell's going on here?"

Chopper: "Nah she's sweet mate. Oh, looks like Kiethy's done himself a mischief though."

Sin Studly
01-11-2006, 10:05 AM
I love how being stabbed 10 or 15 times in the face and neck with pliers equates to "doing oneself a mischief".

Andy
01-11-2006, 10:41 AM
Haha yeah, and what about when he was attacked by Jimmy? His nonplussed response was just fantastic.

Not to mention, when he attacked Keithy, and then asked him "You don't much like me do you?"

meaning_of_life
01-12-2006, 05:05 AM
chopper's mint. the bit where jimmy stabs chopper is hilarious and disturbing at the same time. 'a bit early for kung-fu, isnt it jimmy?'

Paint_It_Black
01-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Well fuck. I guess I have to go find this film today.

Andy
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Richard my man, find it. Find it now. I picked it up for 2.99 in the sales, so no doubt you can get it for a similar price in the old U.S.