PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead

barangatang
01-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Is fucking great band. My favorite albums are: My iron lung [UK EP], OK computer, and pablo honey. Anyone else like'em?

Camilamazed
01-10-2006, 08:19 PM
I know a few songs. I don't listen to them very much tho. Alanis made a Fake Plastic Tree cover that is great. Creep is also very good. I also enjoyed when the singer made aJam with a brazilian :)

Omni
01-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Are you saying someone made a tree cover made out of fake plastic? Or is Fake Plastic Tree a song being covered?

Andy
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
I feel I need to listen to a full album to appreciate the band; all I've heard are singles and from that they bore the tiny tits off me.

opivy21
01-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Creep is an O.K. song. I'm not talkin about the threadstarter, but there are a lot of elitist Radiohead fans, and I really can't see what they see in the band.

Camilamazed
01-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Are you saying someone made a tree cover made out of fake plastic? Or is Fake Plastic Tree a song being covered?

Alanis Morissette sang Fake plastic tree. (Is that better :o )

Omni
01-10-2006, 08:57 PM
Good. Because if they can't even afford real plastic, then they're not worth my time.

Andy
01-10-2006, 08:59 PM
A tree covered with fake plastic? That would be fabulous.

Hang about, what IS fake plastic?

coke_a_holic
01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
A tree covered with fake plastic? That would be fabulous.

Hang about, what IS fake plastic?
Plastic substitute, of course.

Andy
01-10-2006, 09:05 PM
How silly of me.

Zack
01-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Radiohead is a good band my favorite song from them would have to be creep.

nieh
01-11-2006, 07:13 AM
OK Computer and Amnesiac are good albums. Kid A is about half amazing, half boring. Hail to the Thief isn't really that good aside from maybe about 3 songs. I haven't heard their earlier albums the whole way through.

offspringrammsteinfan
01-11-2006, 07:43 AM
Radiohead is one of the greatest bands in this world. Songs like "Pyramid song", "Karma police", "Exit music for a film" and "High and dry" are beautifull.

JoY
01-11-2006, 08:15 AM
I approve of this topic. Radiohead is fucking fabulous.<3

BREAK
01-11-2006, 12:14 PM
They're good, but not the type of band you can listen to all day long.

Yatesy
01-11-2006, 12:51 PM
I liked Radiohead's stuff till Ok Computer. Now it seems they only write suicide notes with a backing melody rather than bearablely depressing songs.

barangatang
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
I liked Radiohead's stuff till Ok Computer. Now it seems they only write suicide notes with a backing melody rather than bearablely depressing songs.
Haha. Sometimes I actually find myself feeling sorry for Thom Yorke.

Yatesy
01-12-2006, 02:59 AM
I feel sorry for him too, I mean he has scariest smile on the planet. =X

Betty
01-12-2006, 03:57 PM
OK Computer and Amnesiac are good albums. Kid A is about half amazing, half boring. Hail to the Thief isn't really that good aside from maybe about 3 songs. I haven't heard their earlier albums the whole way through.

My favourite album by them is The Bends. My favourite song is Street Spirit [Fade Out]. This is a nice rock 'n' roll album better than the prior, Pablo Honey, before they started doing a lot of the more experimental stuff, although I may just like it since my taste may be somewhat less refined. I understand why they are a really good band, but I don't love 'em. Some songs are great, some songs still bore me. It's decent enough background music.

nieh
01-13-2006, 01:58 PM
My favourite album by them is The Bends. My favourite song is Street Spirit [Fade Out]. This is a nice rock 'n' roll album better than the prior, Pablo Honey, before they started doing a lot of the more experimental stuff, although I may just like it since my taste may be somewhat less refined. I understand why they are a really good band, but I don't love 'em. Some songs are great, some songs still bore me. It's decent enough background music.

I have no problem with their early stuff, but for the most part it seems pretty interchangeable with other alt-rock bands from the 90s. Not bad, but nothing you can't really get elsewhere. Their later stuff, at best, sounds like a bad dream (and I mean that in a good way). Not really FUN to listen to, but it's interesting and effective. They're not the most consistent band out there though and I can't understand why some people seem to think they can't do anything wrong. Some of their songs are just just boring, electronic sounds that don't go anywhere. Anyway, I like them a whole lot, but I hardly ever listen to them anymore.

nieh
10-01-2007, 07:51 AM
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/46015-new-radiohead-album-aaaaaaahhh

http://cms.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/38177.12big.jpg

Interesting. I really, really hope it's better than Hail to the Thief was because that's some awesome packaging and I kind of want it to be worth all that money. Maybe I'll do the download thing first and then get the disc box thing later if it doesn't suck.

Bazza
10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
And lest you think Radiohead are ripping their fans off, check this out: If you order the download only, you can pay HOWEVER MUCH MONEY YOU WANT for it. Like, there's no set price. Like, I just paid eight bucks for the new Radiohead album. Maybe you can pay zero dollars?

That's crazy?! I really like the old Radiohead stuff, Hail to the Thief really didn't do anything to me. I might have to download this album to see what it's like.

BREAK
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Yesterday I woke up sucking.

Little_Miss_1565
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm seriously thinking about ordering it, but the exchange rate tooootally fucks the US. worthless money = :(

nieh
10-01-2007, 12:44 PM
Apparently it's being released on regular cd sometime early next year as well.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46028-radiohead-album-coming-out-as-regular-cd-too

Forza
10-10-2007, 07:06 AM
In Rainbows is GODLY.

Jakebert
10-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Agreed. I wasn't expecting much, since most Radiohead albums are pretty overhyped, but damn, this is good.

Forza
10-12-2007, 09:19 AM
There's not a single weak song and the album really grows on you after 5+ listens. Definitily in my top 3 of this year.