PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the offspring is now in it only for the money?

GBH2
12-05-2004, 12:32 PM
this was brought up in another thread. So, what's your opinion? I think they're in it to make good music

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 12:35 PM
i don't beleive it... i can't see dexter making music just for the money, he is a smart person and i respect him a lot

whoa, im watchin the ashlee simpson show and they're in new york... there's a 20m picture of the album splinter!!!

GBH2
12-05-2004, 12:40 PM
i don't beleive... i can't see dexter making music just for the money, he is a smart person and i respect him a lot

thats how i feel too

Zee
12-05-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm a cleaner and I do it only to make good, clean places, not for money.

Amelie
12-05-2004, 12:50 PM
If they would make music only because of money, I think you can notice it. Songs wouldn't be that great...
In my opinion they make music because they love to make it.

Jojan
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
No. I Do Not Think So.

killboybowerhead
12-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Dude if they are in it for the money i hope they stay that way because their music kicks ass, but i know they arent because they had an unsucessful band for 10 years and no one is that perseverent for that long without having fun

acgc2002
12-05-2004, 12:56 PM
more or less...
like pretty fly for a white guy...
since then they started to release some pop songs
and many friends of mine who are not into rock so much started to hear the offspring and so on...
it has a vast number of fans now... not only true fans of rock or true friends of punk... they also conquered other people who like rock more or less.

Noodles is gay
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Surely if he was a smart person Dexter WOULD be in it for the money?

i mean, sitting around all day just writing songs, meh, sounds good. Especially if you write pop songs - more money for the same amount of effort.

I am aware this post will make me even more unpopular.

GreenTerror
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
^you need to die^

RonWelty
12-05-2004, 01:25 PM
sure it is for money ... looll if its not OUR money ex: Dexter couldn +t go to the hotel he went on his trip ...thatīs an example ..but what turns the offspring great , at least i think like this : they do it for money but at the same they have "passion" and they do good things ! thatīs my view ... money or not? i really love them !

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 01:29 PM
thats right!...if they didnt like writing and performing music, that would mean they're only doing it for money, but the band loves what they're doing and only does things they're confortable with... thats why they left epitah

GreenTerror
12-05-2004, 01:29 PM
You're right rondude, It's like any other job, you do it for the money. But the Offspring do what the do because they love and enjoy it.

Piedude
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Well back in the day it would have been to make a living, but since they wont have to worry about money problems ever again I think they just do it now because they like making music and trying new things and to keep fans happy. Before Splinter came out Noodles was saying he didnt care how well it sold just because he was so stoked with how it sounded.

dirty_magic
12-05-2004, 02:22 PM
i have a picture of the offspring with a quote from dexter on it saying:

"we didn't start this band to get rich or famous. that wasn't on the agenda..."

nitropenguin!
12-05-2004, 02:26 PM
^ smart ;) I'm proud of you.

Dexter does not lie! *just covering that before you people start wondering if he's a liar*

Tijs
12-05-2004, 03:26 PM
I'm a cleaner and I do it only to make good, clean places, not for money.
You've got a point there Mr. Sarcastic.
Of course the Offspring does it for the money. They need to earn money to support theirselfs and families right? Even though they make A LOT of money... But I don't think they're in it for the big dough.

nitropenguin!
12-05-2004, 03:31 PM
Money is *one* of the reasons why they do it.

RonWelty
12-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Money is *one* of the reasons why they do it.
that+īs the "right" phrase :D

4eh
12-06-2004, 04:24 AM
i don't believe it or don't WANT to believe it! but you better ask themselves for it.

Tijs
12-06-2004, 04:47 AM
Well that's kinda impossible. If you can get a hold of the guys let me know how you did...

Dexterina
12-06-2004, 05:21 AM
Offspring would never do it purely based on money, I mean, just seeing the guys' massive grins on their faces when they came on stage in Adelaide this year told us all that they were enjoying themselves, not just a cover up face saying get this fucking thing over with (even if Adelaide's quite.. er crap and small..). Offspring arent the band that make the music but have trouble with another member of the band and all that stuff (if that makes sense..), and they dont care whether anyones buying their cds as much or not because they started playing because they enjoyed it

Kitten
12-06-2004, 06:06 AM
I think they like being able to make money for doing something they enjoy, it gives them some security, and that means they can continue doing what they are doing.
I don't think before anyone jumps to any conclusions, that they are in it for the money. I think they would have been quite as happy being an Orange County garage band.

T-6005
12-06-2004, 06:10 AM
I don't care. They rule and they look like they have a fucking awesome time onstage, that's enough for me.