PDA

View Full Version : Do you know...

platinumpt
01-11-2006, 07:28 AM
...how many BBS members use "Offspring" as a part of their user name? Check for yourself. You'll be surprised. Or maybe not.

http://www.offspring.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=2&ltr=O&pp=30&order=asc&postslower=0&postsupper=0&sort=username&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=
http://www.offspring.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=3&ltr=O&pp=30&order=asc&postslower=0&postsupper=0&sort=username&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=
http://www.offspring.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=4&ltr=O&pp=30&order=asc&postslower=0&postsupper=0&sort=username&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=
http://www.offspring.com/forums/memberlist.php?do=getall&page=4&ltr=O&pp=30&order=asc&postslower=0&postsupper=0&sort=username&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&msn=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=

... and the list goes on. My question is: why do you choose these LITERALLY Offspring-related usernames? Are you really die-hard fans? Or did you just lack creativity at the moment you chose them?

To be honest, I subscribed recently to a forum, and I chose an offspring related username, because I wasn't really in the mood for thinking about a "decent" one (and platinumpt was already taken :eek: )... I rarely post on that forum, it's just for searching links to download on e-mule. The problem is you have to be a registered member to do that search, that's why I registered in the first place. Anyway, my username there is offspringing.

Tizzalicious
01-11-2006, 07:30 AM
platinumpt was taken? Are you sure you didn't register there before?

platinumpt
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes, probably that's what happened a few years ago. I don't remember the e-mail I used or the password though... that's why this time I registered with a different username. But probably that's what happened, even though I don't remember doing any of that :(

(and platinumpt has 0 posts on that forum, which makes total sense)

killer_queen
01-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Because most of the people don't give a fuck about the user names and don't want to waste their time to find a cool, nice sounding, non-offspring releated one.

platinumpt
01-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Well, if you're going to stick around on a forum for a while it's always cool to choose an username that you like, and that sounds good (or at least you think that sounds good)

Andy
01-11-2006, 07:42 AM
My username was Offspring-related :eek: :eek: and the reason I chose it was because I couldn't think of anything catchy, or 'cool', so I put down the first thing that was related to the site (namely a line from an Offspring song).

One thing I have noted, which is suprising to me, the majority of the frequent, and 'respected' posters on the bbs are all owners of user names that are not Offspring related.

killer_queen
01-11-2006, 07:52 AM
Well, if you're going to stick around on a forum for a while it's always cool to choose an username that you like, and that sounds good (or at least you think that sounds good)
Firstly, you can't know if you are going to stick around or not before you start posting. I didn't think about my username. killer_queen is a really bad username but I have never be disturbed by it.

platinumpt
01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Nah, your username killer_queen sounds cool.

Andy... you're BATWT right (I never saw you before with your first registered username, I've only joined in July)? Yeah it says so in your sig!

I meant only the usernames with the word "offspring" on them.

Andy
01-11-2006, 10:44 AM
I meant only the usernames with the word "offspring" on them.

Oh yes, I know that. I just felt it would be a interesting sidenote.

platinumpt
01-11-2006, 11:11 AM
And it is interesting indeed. I just made this thread by mere curiosity, to see what people with that kind of usernames had to say. But noone (except for you of course) gives a fuck about it. Meh.

blind
01-11-2006, 03:10 PM
god, thats a lot!

T-6005
01-11-2006, 03:15 PM
One thing I have noted, which is suprising to me, the majority of the frequent, and 'respected' posters on the bbs are all owners of user names that are not Offspring related.
There goes that word respected again. God damn it manages to get on my nerves.

Andy
01-11-2006, 03:50 PM
There goes that word respected again. God damn it manages to get on my nerves.

Me too, which is why i put it in speech marks.

peko
01-12-2006, 01:03 AM
I think someone here has the username offspringing.

Anywho, this IS an Offspring board, so of course there's going to be a ton of people with Offspring-related usernames. Most probably think, "Hey, this is an Offspring board, so I'll make an Offspring username!". I don't think it's lack of creativity, because c'mon, do you honestly want to spend a lot of time thinking of a username that's unique? You just want to register and post already.

JoY
01-12-2006, 05:33 AM
do you know how long it took me to come up with my totally original & uberfantastic three-letter username?

a good two seconds.

look, whatever postername you have, it doesn't earn you any respect, or disrespect. of course it's easier to respect someone with the username "wheelchairman", than "tHe_OfFsPrInGlUvOr238712987134571". the first one is pretty neutral & the second one is outright rediculous. it's also much easier to address to the former.

Sam (now RagDoll) used to call herself Dexter's Girl, or something like that. actually, it was pretty cute. she's still the same & still appreciated.

Rag Doll
01-12-2006, 05:39 AM
dexsgirl. yup. and i don't recall who said it (killer queen?), but it's true that you just want to get registration over with and post already. at least, it was for me. =p

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 06:20 AM
eheh yeah, okay =)

honey
01-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Not only you see 'offspring' in names a lot, you also see a lot of song names. I remember seeing someone called 'motaboy' in another thread, 'original pranksta' and some others. I'd prefer song names, but I have the perfect username already ;)

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 06:31 AM
dexsgirl.
Ewww glad you changed that. Kinda reminds of dexterISMYman.

JoY
01-12-2006, 06:35 AM
dexterisMYman, you mean. hahahahaha, THE most priceless name ever.

Mota Boy = Mota = ace.

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 06:42 AM
Yes, the enphasis is in the "MY" indeed. What actually counts is the poster's personality. You can have an username like hers, but act like a normal person, and you'll be respected no matter what. However, when you're completely obsessive, things work exactly the other way around. Which is her case.

I couldn't think of a better avatar to match with your username, honey. Except maybe for a pot of honey.

killer_queen
01-12-2006, 06:55 AM
Ewww glad you changed that. Kinda reminds of dexterISMYman.
I think dexsgirl is such a cute name but I prefer Rag Doll. Rag Dolls are incredibly cute cats. But Samantha is cuter than all of them of course. =)

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Yes, I second the final part of your post :)

But I think her username choice had to do with an Aerosmith song, wasn't it Sam?

honey
01-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I couldn't think of a better avatar to match with your username, honey. Except maybe for a pot of honey.
It's been my msn avatar for months. I have a penguin now, that says 'poke me, I dare you'. I always have the same one for a long time :)

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah, me too. I have my ugly CJ avatar since I first joined to this board.

honey
01-12-2006, 07:33 AM
Then change it!! Click here, (http://devehack.t35.com/MSN/Avatares1.swf) make a screenshot, cut it out and use it as your avatar :)

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks!!! But now I can't leave behind my avatar, I'm so used to it =(

By the way Gulsah it would be very much appreciated if you clean up your inbox, I'd like to PM you.

ruroken
01-12-2006, 07:39 AM
ruroken is the bestest :cool:

By any chance, does anyone have my first avatar?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. :cool:

Rag Doll
01-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I think dexsgirl is such a cute name but I prefer Rag Doll. Rag Dolls are incredibly cute cats. But Samantha is cuter than all of them of course. =)

thanks ;p

and yeah, platinumpt, it's an aerosmith song =D

Yatesy
01-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Whoa there's a lot of them and one of them stole my avatar! :mad:

WebDudette
01-12-2006, 10:20 AM
I asked that in the post all The Offspring pictures you have forum. I figured if any group of people knew they would on account of 90% of the people there have an Offspring related name.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2006, 10:48 AM
I'm disappointed. I'd hoped that every single reply in this thread would be "dexterisMYman" repeated constantly :)

It's always puzzled me to see the word "Offspring" in usernames here. If you're newly registered, there's a 90% chance you're a fan of the band. We already know you are. It's pointless. And the named "original prankster" and "pretty fly white guy" are so fucking unoriginal that I want to stab all the different variations of those names on this board with a rusty spear.

1565 is super clever though. I like it.

platinumpt
01-12-2006, 12:31 PM
I fucking hate you very hard for remembering that first than I did.

Rog
01-12-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm disappointed. I'd hoped that every single reply in this thread would be "dexterisMYman" repeated constantly :)

It's always puzzled me to see the word "Offspring" in usernames here. If you're newly registered, there's a 90% chance you're a fan of the band. We already know you are. It's pointless. And the named "original prankster" and "pretty fly white guy" are so fucking unoriginal that I want to stab all the different variations of those names on this board with a rusty spear.

personally i find it annoying too but its better to have unoriginal robots than losers with a closed mind like ruroken, at least with names like "OriginalPrankster9999" you know where you stand and you can manipulate them a little lol - Rog™ :cool:

0r4ng3
01-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Isn't "Duskygrin" also an Offspring reference? Yeah, so if it's from the first album, it's acceptable.

I, through the process of pure luck, have chosen a bad name, with no Offspring references whatsoever. I'm never using numbers again.