PDA

View Full Version : Who would you want the offspring to cover and who would you want to cover them?

offspringjon
12-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I reckon that if the offspring and pennywise did a BYO like NOFX and rancid it would be FUCKING awesome. Also an offspring with green day would be cool.

yamabeans709
12-05-2004, 02:41 PM
i'd actually like to see them perform still waiting by sum41 because it's almost like a mixture of a few of offsprings songs and metallicas master of puppets

samr
12-05-2004, 06:10 PM
The Misfits should cover Beheaded/Demons

Revolver-2005?
12-05-2004, 07:20 PM
wait didnt the Offspring and PennyWise do D.U.I together?

The Disclaimer
12-05-2004, 07:39 PM
yes they did a DUI version toghether .... and I belive dexter did A "Stando By me" cover with them...

yet i'd like to see them do something with Bar Religion... pitty they don't get along any more..

Chris
12-05-2004, 08:10 PM
you know, the idea wouldn't be redundant if the two bands covering each other didn't sound pretty similar although saying that, Green Day would be an interesting prospect

dirty_magic
12-06-2004, 03:58 AM
the offspring and pennywise would be very kool, i would also like to see them and afi together as they used to be on nitro and are good mates. i recon the distillers would make some good covers of offspring songs, brody would be great singing all i want or have you ever

Titus
12-06-2004, 04:04 AM
I d like to see they cover some sum41īs music
Could be gr8

lousyskater
12-06-2004, 04:20 AM
i wish Pennywise and Offspring would do a BYO split album. if they did, this list would be the list of songs i want on it:

Pennywise:

Staring at the Sun
Bad Habit
Tehran
L.A.P.D.
Lightning Rod
Change The World

Offspring:

Wouldn't it be Nice?
God Save The USA
Fight Till You Die
Perfect People
Victim of Reality
Bro Hymn

T-6005
12-06-2004, 04:26 AM
I don't know - part of the reason that I like the offspring so much is that their sound actually evolves.

Pennywise's songs sound the same.

Having said that, I want to see Eric Clapton belt out Da Hui or The Noose and Dexter try his hand on Wonderful Tonight or Knocking on Heaven's Door.

Whatever the result, it'd make for an interesting show.

Dexter_italy
12-06-2004, 05:29 AM
Nope, Offspring and pennywise are too similar, the Byo should be with green day, that would be nice, imagine billy joe singing all I want, and the offspring doing American Idiot!!!
________
Gang Bang Party (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/601/party/videos/1)

samr
12-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I hope the Offspring never cover a sum41 song.

scotishabbit
12-06-2004, 09:43 AM
i dont know the meaning of cover cause im from argentina:Pbut i'd like that offspring play a song with blink or simple plan

QUEEF
12-06-2004, 12:48 PM
what kind of music is blink 182

The Disclaimer
12-06-2004, 02:11 PM
i dont know the meaning of cover cause im from argentina:Pbut i'd like that offspring play a song with blink or simple plan

che pedazo de pene.. aca tambien se le dice cover cuando una banda hace un tema de otra banda y "coverea" el tema...

Atake 77 es una banda que hace casi todos covers

-- From Here on i've translated below --

y otra simple plan y blink.. con offspring... esas dos mierdas no le llegan ni a los tobillos.,..

son dos basuras comerciales que no saben de que hablar salvo de sus amores adolecentes...

offspring esta al nivel de bad religion, rancid, pennywise, nofx .. o cosas asi... no esas dos basuras... lo unic que se rescata de ahi es travis como el mejor batero que ahi

-- translation (not literal son don't complain) :

blink and simple plan?? with the offspring? .. that 2 pices of shit are nothing compared to offspring ...

those bands are 2 pices of comercial shit that do nothing but talk about their teenage loves...

offspring is at the same level than bad religion, rancid, pennywise, nofx... or similar bands... not that other 2 shits ... the only good thing in them is travis as the best drummer i've ever seen..

Revolver-2005?
12-06-2004, 02:20 PM
dude blink 182 sucks....offspring should do a cover for paradise city....now tht would be kick ass

The Disclaimer
12-06-2004, 02:30 PM
dude blink 182 sucks....offspring should do a cover for paradise city....now tht would be kick ass

if they made it punk.. same idea of new found glory with "hit me baby one more time" from shitty britney ...

it would be great..

RADIUM88
12-06-2004, 11:35 PM
i want metallica to cover the offspring. doesnt matter which song..i'll let them decide cause i'm nice like that :D
by the way, i think sum41 sucks donkey ass

Revolver-2005?
12-07-2004, 04:18 AM
didnt NoFX remake hit me baby one more time too?

offspringjon
12-07-2004, 10:44 AM
yeah i think so. I've even heard a piss take version by the offspring. back to BYO's... First of all what does BYO actually stand for? and i think that an offspring/foo fighters cover album would be cool.