PDA

View Full Version : I'll be gone for a few weeks....

SkunkIt
01-14-2006, 01:25 AM
I will be gone for a few weeks doing important stuff, such as important homework. I will not come back here for a few weeks, so I can get the important stuff finished, because the internet is an addiction of mine and a procrastination tool. I just posted this, so noone asks where I am. See you in a few weeks.

JoY
01-14-2006, 04:07 AM
SkunkIt, when you get back.. I have a tiny request. you were the one that made those sparkly names, right? could you, when you have the time of course, make another one for me, saying "Schandalig Schitterend"? it's Dutch, it's the theme of our next lustrum & I wanted to make it special. so.. pretty pwease? *puppy eyes*

the_GoDdEsS
01-14-2006, 04:54 AM
These "I need to stay away from the BBS/internet to do other things" threads are ridiculous. You know you'll come running back after a few days. So why bother posting this?

JoY
01-14-2006, 04:58 AM
it's not so much for us, I think, as she makes it seem. I think it's more for herself to make it official & to force her, after this announcement, to stay away & do something useful. if she comes back to the board & replies after an announcement like this one, she's failed herself & everyone would notice/see.

this is something I'd do, no matter how lame. I always need myself to force me.

I can't say with any certaincy that's the actual way she thinks, though.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-14-2006, 06:40 AM
These "I need to stay away from the BBS/internet to do other things" threads are ridiculous. You know you'll come running back after a few days. So why bother posting this?

I don't think that they're ALL ridiculous. If it's for like 2 days, and it's just so people will say "OMG I'll miss u!" then yeah, it is. But for an extended amount of time, and for people that actually matter, it's good in that people won't spend the next few weeks going "omg, where's so-and-so?"

Jebus
01-14-2006, 08:42 AM
"omg, where's so-and-so?"
I wish I would have gotten one of those when I was gone for a couple weeks a week ago. :( :(

killer_queen
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
it's not so much for us, I think, as she makes it seem. I think it's more for herself to make it official & to force her, after this announcement, to stay away & do something useful. if she comes back to the board & replies after an announcement like this one, she's failed herself & everyone would notice/see.

this is something I'd do, no matter how lame. I always need myself to force me.

I can't say with any certaincy that's the actual way she thinks, though.
You're right. I've thought about doing it for a couple of times. I really need to study and when I sit in front of my computer to ask questions to my teachers on MSN first I check the BBS.
But if I do that probably I check the BBS the next day and look like an idiot.

Sinister
01-14-2006, 11:05 AM
For all the addicts. Including me. (http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6407)