PDA

View Full Version : my band sounds gay on cd

offspringer24
01-14-2006, 02:24 AM
hi, dont take the piss but my band get rave reviews when we play live and get a mosh going n everything but we sound gay when we do a recording it just sounds too unrock like and doesnt do us any justice at all as we do sound really rocking live
any ideas?
thanks guys

Vera
01-14-2006, 03:29 AM
Play live when recording?

I think that's what a band I know did and the record sounds great, not too produced.

JoY
01-14-2006, 04:40 AM
Sanni's advice is the best advice. maybe you just need a crowd & the whole live-feel, the pressure to play good, when you're recorded. I know I would. I play much better on stage, than off stage. plus the reactions of the crowd influence your playing positively & when a crowd goes mad, it's great to have that on cd. the atmosphere of enthousiastic people loving the music is catchy & hopefully catches on with the people who listen to your cd.

mrconeman
01-14-2006, 05:25 AM
Play live when recording?

I think that's what a band I know did and the record sounds great, not too produced.
Exactly that.
Try not to over-produce yourself, if you do things will sound too clean and not have any balls to it, try to keep your recordings a bit more raw.

neocon58
01-16-2006, 03:02 AM
Yeah. If you are miked up to a PA when you play gigs see if the soundguy will let you run a line out into a tape recorder, or even better, a laptop.