PDA

View Full Version : Shmexy Guitar Stickers

Megs
01-15-2006, 11:52 AM
woo! my shmexy guitar stickers! (didn't get a choice of color)
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/stick005.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/stick004.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/stick002.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/MLloyd/stick001.jpg

Andy
01-15-2006, 12:20 PM
As nobody has replied to this thread I'll say something to stop it feeling lonely; the colour contrast of the yellow on blue works really well on the acoustic.

notoriousdoc
01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
The colour contrast of the yellow on blue works really well on the acoustic.
I agree, where'd you get 'em?

Megs
01-15-2006, 12:34 PM
no idea....late crimbo present off my dad.

Nirushika6789
01-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Those are really cool

I've seen those in a stationary shop , they are super cool :D

JoY
01-15-2006, 02:37 PM
don't bash my head in, but as a violiniste I REALLY don't get why people would stick anything to their instrument. they should be perfect as they are. I'd want to keep my instrument as pure & original as possible. maybe guitars aren't an as exclusive item. I don't know if your guitars are handmade, or something, or if guitars are even handmade at all these days. but if they are, boy, I'd get furious if I were the builder/creator. :/

Sinister
01-15-2006, 02:38 PM
don't bash my head in, but as a violiniste I REALLY don't get why people would stick anything to their instrument. they should be perfect as they are. I'd want to keep my instrument as pure & original as possible. maybe guitars aren't an as exclusive item. I don't know if your guitars are handmade, or something, or if guitars are even handmade at all these days. but if they are, boy, I'd get furious if I were the builder/creator. :/

this almost makes me want to rip the sticker off my guitar...
anything against pins on the strap ?

Nirushika6789
01-15-2006, 02:39 PM
Personally I don't put stickers on my guitars but each to their own

JoY
01-15-2006, 02:48 PM
this almost makes me want to rip the sticker off my guitar...
anything against pins on the strap ?
nah, straps totally don't have anything to do with the sound of the guitar. it's all about the instrument. & its player, of course. =)

Iddy
01-15-2006, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't be against stuff on my electric, except thats shes kind of kaput at the moment. As for my acoustic.. i'm with JoY. It wouldn't be right. She's a Gibson 12-String... perfect as she is.

Your stickers are quite nice though... some can be v. tasteless

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-15-2006, 02:54 PM
I stickered my guitars but for some reason I can't bring myself to sticker my basses.

T-6005
01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
I can't put stickers on my guitar. It's too awesome looking. Some guy stickered my bass once. I don't play it anymore.

JoY
01-15-2006, 03:06 PM
exactly. it's like (tastelessly, because I like some) tattooing a perfectly perfect body. (except it's not your own body, but that of a guitar) it's a permanent change & you're most likely to get sick of it in the long run. plus, it decreases the value of your instrument.

Chimera512
01-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I think if i had some good stickers i would put them on my guitar, i have stickers on my computer case, and my computer is worth alot more then that guitar.

JoY
01-15-2006, 03:24 PM
did you.. d-d-did you just.. compare a computer to a GUITAR?!

*dys*

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-15-2006, 03:26 PM
I think if i had some good stickers i would put them on my guitar, i have stickers on my computer case, and my computer is worth alot more then that guitar.

*Hisses* EVIL.

Andy
01-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Best thing to do with stickers is take off the scratch board and sticker that up*, leaving the rest of the guitar as it is normally. My bassist did that and it looks fucking awesome.

*Remembering to put it back on after the sticking, obviously.

Nirushika6789
01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
Yea...also if you put band stickers on your guitar and then overtime you lose interest in the band...well , you're going to be in a predicament

And if you ever want to sell it then you won't be able to because of the stickers

Andy
01-16-2006, 09:10 AM
Hence the ingenuity of my mate's idea: if you have to sell the guitar; simply replace the scratch board

Nirushika6789
01-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Hence the ingenuity of my mate's idea: if you have to sell the guitar; simply replace the scratch board
Yea thats a good idea although why bother for the sake of a few stickers?...just leave them out :p

Andy
01-16-2006, 09:19 AM
:eek: but it looks so damn good! And we all know that guitars are only here to look good

Nirushika6789
01-16-2006, 09:24 AM
:eek: but it looks so damn good! And we all know that guitars are only here to look good
Lol my guitar looks great and it doesn't have stickers :D

killer_queen
01-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Electric guitars with or without stickers are generally sooo ugly things. I still can't understand why a girl would want to play electric guitar instead of a lovely&girly instrument like cello. (That made me want to get my old avatar back)

Nirushika6789
01-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Electric guitars with or without stickers are generally sooo ugly things. I still can't understand why a girl would want to play electric guitar instead of a lovely&girly instrument like cello. (That made me want to get my old avatar back)
HA!...well if thats your opinion then fine but since when is the cello a girly instrument!

Instruments aren't gender specific

sKratch
01-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Putting a sticker on an electric guitar has no effect on the instrument's sound. A violin is just as comparable to an electric guitar as is a computer, Bella :]

Sunny
01-16-2006, 10:29 AM
you could drive a TRUCK between the "g" and the "s". auuuuugh pet peeve! get your shit right people!

sKratch
01-16-2006, 11:03 AM
I noticed that too, but forgot to mention it. "Meg" probably came as a name, and "s" had to be added.

JoY
01-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Putting a sticker on an electric guitar has no effect on the instrument's sound. A violin is just as comparable to an electric guitar as is a computer, Bella :]
I KNOW. & I wasn't necessarily talking about those polyester pieces of electronics. just about instruments in general. of course it doesn't have any noticable effect on the sound, but you must understand I think "instrument -> handmade by some builder in Italy, who lived 300 years ago"

k, not really. but I still think it's disrespect to something that should be perfect the way it is. bwah. music is fucking holy, even if it's the ultimate anti-christ playing. electric guitars don't have an unique sound or anything anyway, I suppose. they're just made in the department next to condom-fabrication.

stickers & plastic just take the charm off playing any instrument. *sobs* though I have to admit I like the sound of an electric.

killer_queen; my boyfriend once played cello. I've been told by his entire family & himself.. that it was a horrible experience. boys with cellos are mighty sexy, though. & I don't think classical (snare-)instruments are girly at all.

*Edit; stop. rant. now.

killer_queen
01-16-2006, 12:07 PM
I fully agree with you on the electic guitar thing. I mean, its voice is so, I don't know, unnatural? It sounds terrible unless it's used by a talented professional.
And I think girls with cellos are sexier. But you know what would be sexy? If you could play together with your boyfriend. I've always dreamt about having a boyfriend who plays violin or cello or sax to play with me. But guys just want to play electric guitar and drums. And some of them bass.

JoY
01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
you could drive a TRUCK between the "g" and the "s". auuuuugh pet peeve! get your shit right people!
hahaha, that annoyed the HELL out of me too.

JoY
01-16-2006, 12:22 PM
But you know what would be sexy? If you could play together with your boyfriend. I've always dreamt about having a boyfriend who plays violin or cello or sax to play with me.
that's exactly why I told my mother I wanted a cellist for a boyfriend when I'd grow up at the age of five.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Haha, good to see I'm not the only neurotic one out here. It bugged me too.