PDA

View Full Version : Autopsy (the thing that's on channel 4 every now and again)

Andy
01-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Any of the Brits remember that? Live autopsy that gets shown on channel four every few months?

It back very soon, and it's about diseases this time. Showing the a lung that was destroyed by cancer and so on. Pretty fucking interesting.

So, who watched this when it was on telly before? And what did you think of it? Were you shocked and appauled, were you fascinated, or was it morbid curiosity?

Chris
01-15-2006, 07:08 PM
the last time they did this, is was all really just done as a shock-factor. I mean, there was nothing particularly insightful about it all.

when I first saw the adverts for the new show and they were showing the rotten heart, I thought it looked like a steak and was a program about food :o

Taime13
01-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Im watching it, just to see him hack the body parts up.

JoY
01-16-2006, 01:51 AM
autopsies on tv make me fucking sick to my stomach. not because I can't watch anyone cut open a dead body - I myself do it all the time.

a.) it's not educational. because everyone who needs to see section on bodies for their studies WILL see them, believe me.
b.) we're talking about a dead person, being cut open on national television. ho-ly shit. people with morbid fantasies watch it, people who absolutely don't understand the worth of a human body, people that absolutely don't understand what they're seeing... that's disrespect for a human being right there.

Kitten
01-16-2006, 05:07 AM
We don't get shows on autospy over here (or at least, I don't think we do), but Emergancy Room was always very interesting.

JoY
01-16-2006, 05:09 AM
oh man, ER is the Bomb!<3

Kitten
01-16-2006, 05:11 AM
The first episode of that I saw was tree stump guy. It was hard to believe he didn't hit a major organ.

Lars
01-16-2006, 06:18 AM
I remember the one they did with a baby/foetus and showing all that. I was having a discussion on msn with someone as it was going along.

I also remember years ago when I attended a school In California (I think it 3rd grade) they passed around a small sliver of lung that had cancer. It was laminated... I don't even remember them saying anything about smoking being a cause either, could be wrong, it was over 10 years ago.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM
Eeuw. Who would let someone cut up their baby and show it on TV?

Or any relative for that matter?

Lars
01-16-2006, 06:58 AM
No, the baby wasn't cut up. It was a preserved (not sure if that'd be right term there) one and they showed how it would go out of a woman at birth. The woman was cut up though. Needless to say, it was quite the tight fit.

If I could remember what the program was called I'm sure I could find a link and it'd probably state what they did on each program.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2006, 07:02 AM
Eew, that's not any better. In fact, maybe it's worse. Tasteless.

JoY
01-16-2006, 08:02 AM
I remember the one they did with a baby/foetus and showing all that. I was having a discussion on msn with someone as it was going along.

I also remember years ago when I attended a school In California (I think it 3rd grade) they passed around a small sliver of lung that had cancer. It was laminated... I don't even remember them saying anything about smoking being a cause either, could be wrong, it was over 10 years ago.
80% of the people with lungcancer were/are smokers.

20% of the smokers get lungcancer.

lungcancer is creepy. :( let me rephrase that; cancer is creepy.

JoY
01-16-2006, 08:42 AM
which is weird, because you'd think a real Christian would believe in the healing of God.

JoY
01-16-2006, 08:48 AM
what a giver.

endlesst0m
01-16-2006, 09:02 AM
this stuff is nowhere near as gross as that death shit you see on those wierd sites where you watch people dying. im proud to say that i can't make myself watch someone die.

Yatesy
01-16-2006, 10:38 AM
I remember watching it for about 5 minutes the last time it was on and it sickened me that people watch this kind of thing for entertainment.

JoY
01-16-2006, 11:44 AM
this stuff is nowhere near as gross as that death shit you see on those wierd sites where you watch people dying. im proud to say that i can't make myself watch someone die.
it's both immoral. that makes it sickening. people dying, cutting people open - part of life. displaying it to the public - are you out of your mind??