PDA

View Full Version : A Dilly Of A Pickle

yay
01-16-2006, 03:07 AM
I have never been more confused in my life guys, All of you I don't care if you don't like me or think I say dumb things I really need help from outside with this situation im in. None of my friends can help me with it.

A good mate of mine's girlfriend who I've known for around a month, has had me thinking shes been interested in me for a while now. Now today she dropped the bombshell and said she cant lie to herself anymore she wants me over her boyfriend, and if I feel the same way. I said yes i do but said I refuse to do anything with a mates girlfriend. She keeps saying she understands but then keeps reviving the conversation. I've told her if she doesn't want him to be straight out honest with him. Even then which I wouldn't date her out of respect for my friend.

I don't know about you guys, but the guilt would kill me in taking a friends girlfriend, I've known him for 13 years and know I wouldn't be able to get it out of my mind. I really need advice on what to do. None of my friends have been able to help me, so I'm actually reaching out to you guys for help.

I would really appreciate what anyone has to say about the situation. Should I call my friend and tell him what happened? Should I just lose contact with the girl, even though I do like her as a friend? I really need some guidance!

Thanks guys.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 03:12 AM
She's not interested in you, give up all hope now.

yay
01-16-2006, 03:17 AM
She not interested in you, give up all hope now.You know I looked on the forum Active Users List and I went through the 5 people currently online, and as soon as I saw your username I knew you would go out of your way to be a hardass and reply negatively to my posts as you always do, to try and gain respect. I clicked on your username and as usual you were viewing my thread, and I knew you would have a shithouse post on the way.

Users like WCM etc. constantly criticize me when they see a topic I do as being spam or way out of context. You do it conisitently to take the spotlight of your own pathetic life. Stop following me around, as usual this shows that you really do stalk me, and quit replying to my posts. I would take a post more seriously if it were written by Wishomie than you. Please once again Ill ask you to leave my threads alone, they don't need your shitty input.

yay
01-16-2006, 03:19 AM
Ive just checked and hes gonna post again. No matter what I say he will NEVER leave me alone.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Don't flatter yourself, TOM replies to everything. He is not obsessed with you. And I see your WCM obsession is still there?

As for your situation...I don't know. I guess the girl should break up with him, as she wants someone else more. But if I were you, even if they would break up, I wouldn't act on it. Or at least not straight away. Unless your friend is okay with it of course. But that's not very likely.

the_GoDdEsS
01-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Send this to Cosmopolitan.

yay
01-16-2006, 03:27 AM
Don't flatter yourself, TOM replies to everything. He is not obsessed with you. And I see your WCM obsession is still there?

As for your situation...I don't know. I guess the girl should break up with him, as she wants someone else more. But if I were you, even if they would break up, I wouldn't act on it. Or at least not straight away. Unless your friend is okay with it of course. But that's not very likely.No my WCM obsession is not still there. I only used it as an example. And I ask of you if you have ANY spare time to do a search on my threads I have made and see EVERYTIME consistently he replies stupidly.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 03:31 AM

As for your situation...I don't know. I guess the girl should break up with him, as she wants someone else more. But if I were you, even if they would break up, I wouldn't act on it. Or at least not straight away. Unless your friend is okay with it of course. But that's not very likely.
But your bf is just so sexible, even I am thinking of stalking him.
EDIT: WAIT A FUCKING SEC... YOU!!! You was the one looking at what I was doing... Fucking stalker.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Good point, TOM. However, guys on here obsessing over my boyfriend is kinda scary.

Nicole
01-16-2006, 04:12 AM
You're right, it's a pickle. Don't go there. If she'd give up your mate for you, she'd do it again because she's obviously unstable. She'll get over it.

Kitten
01-16-2006, 05:02 AM
You should have just said you had no feelings for her in the first place. Less emotional shit if you want to remain her friend.

Andy
01-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I haven't read the rest of the thread, but am feeling gung-ho enough to go right ahead and give my opinion.

Yay, this is a rule of friendship: you don't mess with a mates girlfriend. In fact, it's pretty low to go for someone their interested in.

Stay away. Stay away. Friendship is more important than companionship (at a young age, that is)

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Send this to Cosmopolitan.

HA!!

I adore you, Simmeh.

Anyway, I'm with Nicole on this one, yay.

If you want a relationship, avoid her for the reasons Nicole mentioned. If you want casual fun and just some affection from someone, maybe you should pursue it, but don't get too attached.

Preocupado
01-16-2006, 09:31 AM
I'd recommend that you don't tell your friend about it before you're at least certain about how you feel about this girl and know if you want her.

If you come to the conclusion that it's a no no, then keep an eye open, because frustrated girls can be quite the viper toward a men's friendship.

sKratch
01-16-2006, 09:52 AM
She should break up with her boyfriend but stay away from her. Like Andy said, you'd be violating some basic guy rules if you went after her. As has also been mentioned, if she could leave this guy for you she can leave you for someone else. Lastly, she might not really like you, but tell herself she does because she's no longer happy with her current boyfriend. It's a bad idea to be the rebound guy.

Preocupado
01-16-2006, 10:02 AM
She should break up with her boyfriend

i didn't think of that, but that's probably because i'd never expect so much attitude from a girl.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Tell him about it, then witness him hitting her, then come back here and make a thread about men not treating women with enough respect.

Endymion
01-16-2006, 10:19 AM
twice in twenty four hours, yay?

darko
01-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Yay, this is a rule of friendship: you don't mess with a mates girlfriend. In fact, it's pretty low to go for someone their interested in.

Stay away. Stay away. Friendship is more important than companionship (at a young age, that is)

i agree, how would you feel if it was the other way round and your mate went off with your girl? Betrayed? Hurt? annoyed?

I know if it where me thats how i'd feel

XYlophonetreeZ
01-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Too long, didn't read.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Tell her to dump the guy she's with. If she doesn't, you might want to consider telling your friend what she said to you. He deserves to know what his girlfriend is like. I only said consider though, not definitely do it. The most important thing is to do nothing with her. IF she breaks up with her boyfriend you should try and give it a little time, see if you both feel anything for each other still. I'd suggest then going to your friend and telling him that you have feelings for his ex, and asking how he'd feel if you and her gave it a go. But more importantly, what are your views on orange juice?

T-6005
01-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Fuck her brains out.

Little_Miss_1565
01-16-2006, 01:51 PM
You def. have the responsibility to talk to your mate about it. Bros before hoes, remember that. Just ask yourself this: Is this piece of pussy worth losing your 13 year long friendship?

T-6005
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
Yay's a complete wom, clearly.

It's his incredibly tangible aura of controversy that drew her to him.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 02:30 PM
You def. have the responsibility to talk to your mate about it. Bros before hoes, remember that. Just ask yourself this: Is this piece of pussy worth losing your 13 year long friendship?
Pfffffft this whole story is wrong, there is two problems with it.

a) what sane girl would be into yay?

b) what sane person would be his friend for 13 years

Endymion
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
what's this, ashley is correct for once?

XYlophonetreeZ
01-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Maybe he is, but it doesn't change the fact that he always pounces on the opportunity to join in whenever he spots another idiot being ganged up on just because he's relieved it isn't him. Monkey, you're pathetic.

Endymion
01-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Maybe he is, but it doesn't change the fact that he always pounces on the opportunity to join in whenever he spots another idiot being ganged up on just because he's relieved it isn't him. Monkey, you're pathetic.
no, everyone but monkey was giving yay the benefit of the doubt.

0r4ng3
01-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Pfffffft this whole story is wrong, there is two problems with it.

a) what sane girl would be into yay?

b) what sane person would be his friend for 13 years
I think it's pretty possible. I mean, don't you have friends? Didn't you have a girlfriend?

UgLy_eLf
01-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Fucks come and go, friends can last a life time, dont even bother with her.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 04:25 PM
I think it's pretty possible. I mean, don't you have friends? Didn't you have a girlfriend?
I have friends and a girlfriend, but I'm not yay.

0r4ng3
01-16-2006, 04:26 PM
I have friends and a girlfriend, but I'm not yay.
I get that, but you're missing the analogy here. Wait, is it even an analogy?

Anway, you're missing the point.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2006, 04:28 PM
*whoosh* The fuck was that?

yay
01-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Maybe he is, but it doesn't change the fact that he always pounces on the opportunity to join in whenever he spots another idiot being ganged up on just because he's relieved it isn't him. Monkey, you're pathetic.Its always been the case. And for the record my personality on this board does not reflect my real life one.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 05:43 PM
i have to look more into yay to see why everyone hates him, and i didnt read everything said here....

andy gave good advice, just stay away... but you should get that girl to break up with that other dude

Betty
01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I think I'm gonna be the romantic one here. I'd like to think that if I fell madly in love with a guy, even if he was my friend's boyfriend, that we could hook up and have a fairytale romance and my friend would understand and we could all be one big happy family. The key would be to not do it all at once and let it sink in. Also, I'd like to think my friends (I can only think of one that I've known that long) would be good enough to not hate me over a guy. Maybe it's a girl thing. Or maybe I'm naive.

However, I do not believe that this is an example of being madly in love, so I would not necessarily endorse this fairy tale romance in this case. Also, as Rick I believe mentionned, age matters too.

Finally, I don't agree with the whole "if she did that to him, she could do that to you" thing at all. Because what the hell? People change. People are allowed to break up with people if they're not happy with them. Being a rebound is one thing, dating a friend's girl is another, but not dating someone because they broke up with somebody for you is ridiculous.

yay
01-16-2006, 07:57 PM
i have to look more into yay to see why everyone hates him, and i didnt read everything said here....

andy gave good advice, just stay away... but you should get that girl to break up with that other dudeLook I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say less than half this forums members who post regularly probably even know who I am. They just see me as another user. About Half those that do know me probably don't even think twice about my posts and just reply to them depending on the respect they deserve.

The reason it looks like the whole forum is against me is because the 20 or so users that do take interest in what I post and do go out of their way to respond negatively to everything are what you see most often.

You'll notice its a few of the mods whos names I wont meantion who contribute to most of this so called "Hatred". Then probably 10-15 users if that, of which Offsprings Monkey is most well known, who go and chase down the posts I make.

I am not significant enough to have a whole forum hate me. Offsprings_Monkey is the single most annoying user on this forum in my opinion, yet he doesn't even have 100% hatred. It's very difficult to get everyone against you.

T-6005
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Yay, you'd notice that, all in all, we don't care - if you were to stop thinking about our negative replies and started looking at the cause of those replies.

Plus, not all of our replies are negative - calm down. Your main problem can be summed up in the phrase "delusions of grandeur". Calm down, tame your ego, and I'm sure we could have a splendid conversation.

And for god's sake, stop saying "I used to be a spammer". You try and make it sound like you were Darth Vader or something, when in reality you were just annoying.

As for TOM - I don't have to say it, but you know that when I bother to read one of your posts I'm thinking negative thoughts due to my mild irritation.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2006, 11:17 PM
we could all be one big happy family.

Polygamy?

Finally, I don't agree with the whole "if she did that to him, she could do that to you" thing at all. Because what the hell? People change. People are allowed to break up with people if they're not happy with them. Being a rebound is one thing, dating a friend's girl is another, but not dating someone because they broke up with somebody for you is ridiculous.

I completely agree with this mature viewpoint.

Its always been the case. And for the record my personality on this board does not reflect my real life one.

That's bullshit, unless you purposefully create an alternate persona in order to satisfy some strange desire within yourself or irritate others. And who the fuck would be that pathetic? Oh, wait, nevermind. Still, I don't think your yay account is a troll. I think it's you. Don't hide behind a "you don't know me" thing.

I am not significant enough to have a whole forum hate me.

If you really understand that, why do you act so persecuted? You give the impression that you feel victimized and widely hated, and honestly you seem to enjoy this belief and magnify it a lot. You're not hated, you're just a bit odd and have been very annoying. And not annoying by spamming and all the things you did to TRY to annoy, but annoying with your whining. That's about it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 03:39 AM
Everything's essentially been said, so I just wanted to say that I'm in college at the moment and this made me snigger so much that half of the computer room is staring at me:

But more importantly, what are your views on orange juice?

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:41 AM
Glad you saw it. I gave him a serious reply just to throw that in for you.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 03:43 AM
I explained the joke to them. They didn't get it.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:44 AM
They would possibly need to be familiar with yay to appreciate the hilarity.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 03:44 AM
Careful, this is dangerously like a conversation. We'll get nuked.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:45 AM
Nah, we'll be fine. I know a few moderators.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 03:47 AM
OMG bias!!!!1111eleventy-one1!

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:52 AM
Well, we should probably get back on topic then. So what's your favourite pickle? Mine would have to be pickled eggs.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 03:54 AM
Oh, I'd agree.

And what is it about pickle jars, anyway? Why can't you ever get them open?

Though once I was looking in a pickle store and I saw a DILLY of a pickle.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:58 AM
And what is it about pickle jars, anyway? Why can't you ever get them open?

Hold on a second, I never told you that I have trouble opening those jars. What else do you know about me?

Did you know that it's insanely difficult to find pickled eggs in america? I'm so close to pickling my own.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 04:00 AM
Pickle those fuckers. Do it for every pickled-egg-craving person in America, who finds it so hard to get their fix. Do it for every mother who had a weird craving for pickled eggs on toast. Do it for every drunk who's stumbled in from the pub dying for a genuine pickled egg. But most of all.. do it for yourself.

VIVA LIFE!

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 04:03 AM
Wikipedia is great:

"Pickling is the process of preparing a food by soaking and storing it in a brine containing salt, acid (usually vinegar), or both, a process which can preserve otherwise perishable foods for months. The resulting food is called a pickle. Depending on the initial concentration of brine or vinegar, the pickled food may also undergo lactic acid fermentation."

Well that sounds easy enough. I wonder where I can buy an enormous jar and a gallon of vinegar cheaply.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 04:04 AM
I'd suggest eBay. And by the way, the word "flagon" is much better.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 04:07 AM
Surpisingly, Wikipedia thinks a "flagon" is a twin-engined interceptor aircraft. I'm going to take a shot in the dark though and assume they aren't good for pickling eggs.

Edit: Twin-engined interceptor aircraft I mean.

Andy
01-17-2006, 04:25 AM
I believe the word 'flagon' can only be applied if used in conjunction with 'quaffing'

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-17-2006, 07:40 AM
A "flagon" is a jar generally used by dwarves and other ancient mythological humanoids to contain ale.

yay
01-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Everything's essentially been said, so I just wanted to say that I'm in college at the moment and this made me snigger so much that half of the computer room is staring at me:They arent staring at you because you are sniggering, they are staring at you because they cant believe how tremendously ugly you are.

Nicole
01-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I can't express how fucking stupid that comment is. And having never seen your mug on here, it sounds even stupider.

yay
01-17-2006, 10:20 PM
I can't express how fucking stupid that comment is. And having never seen your mug on here, it sounds even stupider.He once again turned my thread into a joke so I will continue it.

Andy
01-17-2006, 10:35 PM
A "flagon" is a jar generally used by dwarves and other ancient mythological humanoids to contain ale.

Who 'quaff' said ale :D

And, yay, what happened in the end?

T-6005
01-17-2006, 10:58 PM
yay, all advice possible has been given to you. There being no further use for it unless someone came up with a relevant question, the horribly unethical members of the board decided to turn the thread into the reason we're all here - entertainment.