PDA

View Full Version : Search Button and Reviving Old Threads

Igniton
01-16-2006, 10:01 AM
I was taught to use the search button because it is better than starting a new thread that has the same thing, so if I want to start a new thread but I used the search button and there was one already there from June 2005, should I start a new one or revive it... I feel like whatever I do, I will get yelled at. Thanks.

Nirushika6789
01-16-2006, 10:02 AM
I would start a new one...but thats just me ;)

Endymion
01-16-2006, 10:38 AM
that's one of the ones you typically should bump. broad, "what's your favorite" type threads don't age. you can bump those. threads that are very topical and specific you don't bump. you also only bump if you're actually going to be on topic, not bumping old spam from before there were moderators saying "lolz, why wasn't this closed?"

darko
01-16-2006, 12:01 PM
yeah and tell people to use the search button and get shouted at for that aswell......basically you cant win

Little_Miss_1565
01-29-2006, 01:55 PM
You'd only get yelled at for replying to an old thread with something that had already been discussed and resolved in it, but you didn't see because you didn't bother to read the thread. Way to be with the reviving old threads properly :)

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-31-2006, 07:12 PM
You'd only get yelled at for replying to an old thread with something that had already been discussed and resolved in it, but you didn't see because you didn't bother to read the thread. Way to be with the reviving old threads properly :)

ahh... now that is probably the best answer I have got.

dain84
02-04-2006, 05:14 PM
The search button doesn't work that well. You have to type in the exact same phrase or it doesn't return anything.

Mannen som blev en gris
02-05-2006, 05:37 AM
The search button doesn't work that well. You have to type in the exact same phrase or it doesn't return anything.
Keywords, dain, keywords. Like, if you're going to make a thread about all the guests here, go to Offspring.com Talk, Search this Forum: guests. And BOOM! There you have it. But you shouldn't care about that, since you're supposed to leave these forums anyway.