PDA

View Full Version : Most Underrated Movies

yay
01-16-2006, 06:58 PM
In my opinion the movie Crash is hands down the most underrated movie I know of. It had an all star cast, excellent critically acclaimed plot, yet it went nowhere. I also found My Bosses Daughter hilarious, and extremely underrated, but it was critically panned worldwide, so maybe not everyone agrees.

Share your thoughts.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 07:01 PM
there alot of movie threads lol

My Boss's Daughter
Son Of The Mask
Grind
Taxi
there are others i forgot

0r4ng3
01-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Grind? You think Grind was underrated? You're a sad, sad person.

As for mine, I...can't think of any underrated movies as of yet. I'll probably edit once I think of one.

tkum
01-16-2006, 07:05 PM

As for mine, I...can't think of any underrated movies as of yet. I'll probably edit once I think of one.
dude he typed crash.... CRASH

0r4ng3
01-16-2006, 07:07 PM
What? I wasn't talking about yay's movies. I personally do think that Crash was immensly underrated.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 07:07 PM

well i mean... all my friends like it, but that seems like it, i dont see it anywhere outside my friends

yay
01-16-2006, 07:09 PM
dude he typed crash.... CRASHHave you seen Crash? If you had you would know it's excellent.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Have you seen Crash? If you had you would know it's excellent.

i heard it was good

Igniton
01-16-2006, 07:15 PM
oo and Blazing Saddles... i found that movie very funny

T-6005
01-16-2006, 07:16 PM
It was quite good, he's right. I'd recommend it.

Drummerguy123
01-16-2006, 07:18 PM
In a way Napoleon Dynamite is both the most underrated and overrated movie ever. Underrated by those who think it was just a waste of time and overrated because it had no plot or storyline.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 07:19 PM
In a way Napoleon Dynamite is both the most underrated and overrated movie ever. Underrated by those who think it was just a waste of time and overrated because it had no plot or storyline.

i was going to say something like that but you said it perfectly

XYlophonetreeZ
01-16-2006, 07:41 PM
Yeah there's this REALLY underrated movie that I'm pretty sure nobody else has ever heard of. In fact I think I might have discovered it. It's called Donnie Darko. I suggest everyone check it out, it's a hidden wonder. Same goes for Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream, and Trainspotting.

Nicole
01-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah there's this REALLY underrated movie that I'm pretty sure nobody else has ever heard of. In fact I think I might have discovered it. It's called Donnie Darko. I suggest everyone check it out, it's a hidden wonder. Same goes for Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream, and Trainspotting.
Is that sarcasm? Everyone knows those movies.

I'm thinking "the interview", probably only because I have the urge to watch it right now.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 08:09 PM

lol was that sarcasm? i never heard of those movies in my life

yay
01-16-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeah there's this REALLY underrated movie that I'm pretty sure nobody else has ever heard of. In fact I think I might have discovered it. It's called Donnie Darko. I suggest everyone check it out, it's a hidden wonder. Same goes for Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream, and Trainspotting.How the hell are any of those movies underrated? Especially Trainspotting. That was popular as anything.

Rag Doll
01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
How the hell are any of those movies underrated? Especially Trainspotting. That was popular as anything.

*sigh*

anyway. i cant think of any. i don't watch enough movies.

Igniton
01-16-2006, 08:37 PM
What does anyone think of the Shrek series? I used to like it, but now I think it is dumb.

Drummerguy123
01-16-2006, 08:41 PM
What does anyone think of the Shrek series? I used to like it, but now I think it is dumb.

Dude, Puss in Boots is a pimp.

yay
01-16-2006, 08:45 PM
What does anyone think of the Shrek series? I used to like it, but now I think it is dumb.You know to tell you the truth I found them extremely overrated. There is another thread in the making. Everyone was saying how Shrek was so good and Shrek 2 was even better. I guess there were a few laughs, namely Donkey and Puss in boots, but they weren't anything special. In terms of conputer animated movies, I prefer A Bugs Life and Toy Story anyday. They were really great from what I remember.

Drummerguy123
01-16-2006, 08:47 PM
You know to tell you the truth I found them extremely overrated. There is another thread in the making. Everyone was saying how Shrek was so good and Shrek 2 was even better. I guess there were a few laughs, namely Donkey and Puss in boots, but they weren't anything special. In terms of conputer animated movies, I prefer A Bugs Life and Toy Story anyday. They were really great from what I remember.

Toy Story and A bug's Life were really good, but Shrek had more adult humor in it. By adult humor, I don't mean inappropriate, I mean jokes adults can laugh at too.

Nicole
01-16-2006, 08:49 PM
The problem with Shrek was by the time I got around to seeing it, everybody had told me how fantastic this movie was, that it was shit. People killed Shrek. I'm sure if I'd seen it with no hype it would have been ok.

yay
01-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Toy Story and A bug's Life were really good, but Shrek had more adult humor in it. By adult humor, I don't mean inappropriate, I mean jokes adults can laugh at too.I see what you mean, And I agree with it, Its just I don't think there was enough adult humour or humour in general in Shrek to make it something as big as it was. There were a few really funny lines from what I remember but not a lot.

Drummerguy123
01-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I see what you mean, And I agree with it, Its just I don't think there was enough adult humour or humour in general in Shrek to make it something as big as it was. There were a few really funny lines from what I remember but not a lot.

Yeah, I guess so. but it was definately funnier than Toy Story or A Bug's Life.

yay
01-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Yeah, I guess so. but it was definately funnier than Toy Story or A Bug's Life.I don't even know if I found Toy Story or A Bugs Life funny. I just remember thinking they were great films.

Omni
01-16-2006, 09:02 PM
The entire Godfather Triology. Such an undiscovered gem.

yay
01-16-2006, 09:04 PM
The entire Godfather Triology. Such an undiscovered gem.You're Joking??

Drummerguy123
01-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't even know if I found Toy Story or A Bugs Life funny. I just remember thinking they were great films.

oh, there's no doubt tha they were great films. I just like Shrek more.

Ninty Man
01-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Hellboy and Alien VS predator

yay
01-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Hellboy and Alien VS predatorAre you insane?

Ninty Man
01-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Are you insane?

No, I love that movies... you don't Hellboy it's a good adaptations of the comic... and Ron Pearlman rocks

yay
01-16-2006, 11:13 PM
No, I love that movies... you don't Hellboy it's a good adaptations of the comic... and Ron Pearlman rocksI'm not saying they're bad, but I don't know how on Earth you could call them underrated. Everyones heard of them.

Yatesy
01-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Yeah there's this REALLY underrated movie that I'm pretty sure nobody else has ever heard of. In fact I think I might have discovered it. It's called Donnie Darko. I suggest everyone check it out, it's a hidden wonder.

I've seen it and it's really good.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2006, 03:33 AM
Office Space was highly under-rated.

I can't believe anyone thinks AVP was under-rated. It's a huge piece of shit like all things created by that director/writer.

Xylo, I've rarely seen sarcasm be missed that badly. You have my sympathy, or possibly congratulations depending on what you wanted.

Sin Studly
01-17-2006, 04:39 AM

I'm ashamed of you.

Nicole
01-17-2006, 06:59 AM
I'm ashamed of you.

You sound like a parental figure. Or somebody who actually cares.

Lars
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Nobody I know has enjoyed Planet of the Apes, while it stands amongst my personal faves. alongside the Trinity series.
Oh, that Burton remake was terrible. I couldn't believe it when I actually saw it....

Chris
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
invasion of the body snatchers ('79 version) - sci fi horror at its best, and even has leonard nimoy in it.......can't ask for much more
the warriors was pretty underated as well, although was bit of a cult film anyway....actually it was just mindless violence mostly so I think i'll forget that one

Cejus
01-17-2006, 08:33 AM
"Big Fish" is an underrated movie, IMO. Almost nobody I know has seen it, and it's a really beautiful movie.

Alfred Hitchcock's "Rebecca" is underrated, too. So is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", one of my favourite movies (starring Jack Nicholson)

Ninty Man
01-17-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm not saying they're bad, but I don't know how on Earth you could call them underrated. Everyones heard of them.

Yes and no... well, no really, because the critics weren't too good, and the box office didn't work on that movies

XYlophonetreeZ
01-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Nobody I know has enjoyed Planet of the Apes, while it stands amongst my personal faves. alongside the Trinity series.
I loved the original Planet of the Apes and know plenty of others that do too. Didn't like the remake though.

Here's the thing. I don't really like talking about underrated things unless there is a finite number of things to talk about. For example, you can talk about what's the most underrated Beatles song (or Offspring song or whatever), because people have heard them all. Since nobody's seen ever movie ever made, certain movies, if they're any good, will almost always be underrated among certain crowds, while rated just right, or even overrated, by others. Like yay said Crash, and while I have yet to see it, I know plenty of other people who count that movie as one of their favorites. And while it may not have scored huge at the box office, it made #1 on several critics' Top 10 of 2005 list. So I don't really have a serious answer to this topic.

Igniton
01-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Here's the thing. I don't really like talking about underrated things unless there is a finite number of things to talk about. For example, you can talk about what's the most underrated Beatles song (or Offspring song or whatever), because people have heard them all. Since nobody's seen ever movie ever made, certain movies, if they're any good, will almost always be underrated among certain crowds, while rated just right, or even overrated, by others. Like yay said Crash, and while I have yet to see it, I know plenty of other people who count that movie as one of their favorites. And while it may not have scored huge at the box office, it made #1 on several critics' Top 10 of 2005 list. So I don't really have a serious answer to this topic.

well that was quite an opinion... but i have to agree with ya

the_offsprings_monkey
01-18-2006, 05:59 PM
the remake kicks ass i think. *shrugs* noone likes it apart from me.
The remake was good, BUT it has nothing on the original.

Andy
01-18-2006, 06:01 PM
What makes a film 'underrated'?

Andy
01-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh I see.

In that case: Withnail & I