View Full Version : The Room 101 thread
12-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Those of you who've seen the show will know what this involves. People nominate 5 things they hate that they think should be sent into Room 101 (ie obliterated forever and cease to exist), and most importantly WHY it should go.
Off you go then.
12-06-2004, 05:02 AM
room 101 is ace.
- people applauding when they shouldnt. Like I said in some other topic. before anyone has done anything, clapping with the music, thus making it sound horrible and crap, after films in the cinema, after landing in an airplane, after the last class of a course etc.
- people who think they're so cool, but obviously are not. they annoy me.
- people going out in the streets and being all affected by the death of a celebrity. They didn't know them personally, they do'n't do the same when any random cool person dies.
- Dutch Literature. It is never interesting. Always waaaay too deep boring. with a few exceptions
- tv homeshopping stuff. "hi mike!" hey jim! what do you have for us today?" "It's the new reVoStyler plus! it's great for pubes and armpit hair! Isn't it great!?" "wow! so useful too!" They're going dutch too now.. byebye badly dubbed americans with german accents.
12-06-2004, 07:56 AM
I thought it was from a book...
that 1964(???) book... ah can't remember the number =/
12-06-2004, 08:01 AM
1984. Yeah it was from the book. But the BBC made a great show from it, where english celebrities can pick five things that they wish to send to room 101, the thing from the book.
12-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Fucking bump. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let this die.
12-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I felt sorry for your topic so thought i'd reply.
(feeling too apathetic to actually contribute but i'll stick in the majority of supermarket workers...and old people......and even maybe the general public while we're at it)
I'm an illiterate fuck, I haven't actually read 1984, though I'm somewhat slightly aware of it's content. then I'm completely a-cultural on top, because I've never in my life seen that show.
either way, I can pretty much guess what's the point of this topic.. so I'll give it a try anyway. (I, by the way, would add the home shopping programs for bored housewives, for torturing completely uninterested souls on their free mornings & noons, if Willem hadn't already. UGH. nice pick, Willem. also your third point I very muchly agree with *thumbs up*)
* people, who assume, that as a studentclubber chick, you'd probably fuck anything human with, or without dick. (oh wow, I'm still rhyming. fifth December really *has* made a great impression this year..) we're not heartless & do have a sense of passion & stuff.
* people, that feel the need to say something, merely to be noticed & because they're afraid they'll be forgotten, when they really, REALLY have nothing to say. at all. the quiet one, that once in a while manages to produce a usefull, or interesting sentence, will much more likely not be forgotten, than attentionwhoring individuals full of crap. even more painful is the fact, then when they DO have something to say, no one will even notice.
* people, who express everything & anything in money & material.
* American movies, that wave the flag as much as possible. (Independence Day, anyone?) also typical American movies, like 2 Fast 2 Furious & Final Destination.
* judgemental people & that includes anyone, who thinks they have the right to base every one of their morals on nothing personal, but a book about baby Jesu & his daddy.
12-06-2004, 05:52 PM
thinking about it, now if only 1984 hadn't been written they just might not have had the idea of reality tv....that can go straight to the fiery pits of hell for being complete banal drivel - what a waste of everyones time it is (although I don't hold out much hope for people who actually enjoy watching that crap)
12-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Thought of one.
Stop complaining, man. No one forces you to watch it.
12-06-2004, 05:56 PM
hey, I thought this was where we were allowed to voice our opinions...
im sorry if I offended you somewhere along the line :rolleyes:
12-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Read the topic. Nowhere did I ask for your opinions on reality TV.
Hey! Final Destination was good! At least, I thought so.
* Good Charlotte
12-06-2004, 06:04 PM
that would be one of my choices...........nevermind.
12-07-2004, 04:42 AM
people who expect you do anything they say because they're more than 10 years older than you.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.