PDA

View Full Version : Easy songs

H_Sea
01-19-2006, 09:47 AM
hey, does anyone know any songs, by any band (except "rage against the machine", i HATE them) that are easy to play on drums, bass and dont have any lyrics that HAVE to be sung by a guy (ones that will be weird if you change she's to he's etc)

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Andy
01-19-2006, 10:46 AM
How do you mean by 'easy'? Easy as in everyone in the band has only just started playing?

That_Guy91
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
I find it funny that he posted this on an Offspring board. And the avatar with a Conspiracy of One picture just makes it that much funnier.

Andy
01-19-2006, 11:24 AM
dont have any lyrics that HAVE to be sung by a guy
I take it this is for a punk band? If that's the case then it doesn't matter if it's male or female singing to be honest, as long as you don't try songs with particularily aggressive vocals. If you want simple songs that a newly formed band can play together with relative ease, then just use Green Day and Offspring songs.

coke_a_holic
01-19-2006, 01:06 PM
...And Nirvana.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-19-2006, 01:52 PM
Feeder have easy stuff too. But they're not really punx.

darthdudeguy4
01-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Gone Away's pretty easy on drums in my opinion

el_monkey
01-22-2006, 04:19 AM
take seven nation army (white stripes) it's almost always the same riff for bass

Jojan
01-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Smoke on the water.

And proabobly any song you can find on MTV. (Apart from disco songs.)

offspring fan
01-22-2006, 07:41 AM
guerrilla radio or sleep now in the fire by rage against the machine =P

darthdudeguy4
01-25-2006, 09:56 AM
Now that I have a bass Gone Away is easy on bass too

T-6005
01-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Silverchair's early stuff. Like Anthem for the Year 2000.

0r4ng3
01-25-2006, 10:18 AM
There's always Neocon. Oh, and Brain Stew by Green Day.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Smoke on the water.

I really hope you're joking.

Smoke on the Water bass tab (http://www.bassmasta.net/d/deep_purple/135080.html)

Screamer1
01-31-2006, 03:58 PM
hey, does anyone know any songs, by any band (except "rage against the machine", i HATE them) that are easy to play on drums, bass and dont have any lyrics that HAVE to be sung by a guy (ones that will be weird if you change she's to he's etc)

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback :)

Ok, let me get this straight. . . you and a couple of friends decided you were going to each pick up an insturment and start a band? <==is this correct?

Do you realize how much time and practice it takes for ACCOMPLISHED musicians to be able to play together with grace and melody? Sry for assuming that you dont have much previous experience with you insturments, i just pressumed that was why you wanted an easy song.

And while im on that subject. Why dont you play something you like? Instead of wats easy>? Take the time and practice to learn a song that entertains you, instead of one that will give you sumthing to do during your first "band practice". OR. . . .here's a thot. . . CREATE one! it can be as simple as you like, as long as it sounds good to you!

Well i hope you and your friends have fun jamming together, good luck.

A.O.B.

coke_a_holic
01-31-2006, 05:59 PM
^ This guy knows what he's talking about. I definitely agree with him on a few points. Nothing against playing easy songs, but making something up would make it easier for everyone if you know your scales and modes.

JoY
02-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Nada Surf - Popular.

a lot by Nirvana is very doable.

JoY
02-01-2006, 05:44 AM
^ This guy knows what he's talking about. I definitely agree with him on a few points. Nothing against playing easy songs, but making something up would make it easier for everyone if you know your scales and modes.
I agree to a point that playing in a band together with a bunch of people, no matter how well you know each other, is mighty, mighty difficult. my friend & I are constantly pulling each other's hair out, because I'm always late & she always whines. thank god everything eventually always turns out to be fine, when we get booked.

we're a group of eight fairly good musicians. we all know what we're doing, we all know where we're heading & overal people are willing to spend over 200 euros per hour on us. which is.. kind. however, my job is to take the lead & be the director of the group (doesn't quite match with my character) & the rest HAS to follow my every move. both positions are extremely difficult. it took me a good YEAR, before I had the second violiniste on a level I wanted her to be. it took me over a year to be able to play together with her the exact way I wanted. & it took our group over two years of weekly hard work to get where we are now. & we're still fucking no where.

Screamer1
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Im not trying to sound mean, or down his band, tho now that i re-read my post i sort of come off like that. I just meant to say that, if you are in a band and still looking for "easy covers", it usually suggests that not everybody in the band is up to par. And if your looking to jam for fun, then you SHOULD play your own music, cuz why sit and practice something you hear everyday in your CD player or on the Radio? And if you CANT make your own music, then that shows that you need more practice as individuals before you decide to come together as a group.
But above all, have fun.

A.O.B.

JoY
02-02-2006, 02:12 AM
covers are a good start. everyone learns to play with each other, how the other plays & how one acts in the group. it's actually a great starting point, but you shouldn't get stuck on it.

riccardo_bagliano
02-02-2006, 06:29 AM
paranoid(black sabbath),The wicker man(iron maiden)or the punk cover of stand by me(NOFX)

0r4ng3
02-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Those first two covers probably aren't that easy, and NoFX didn't cover Stand By Me. That was Pennywise. Unless both bands have done it.

H_Sea
02-03-2006, 05:17 PM
My friends were bugging me because they kept turning to me for everything and expectin me to come up with bass/drum/guitar tabs out of thin air, to be able to find songs that we all liked and that were good to start us off.

I know it isn't easy to start a band, i was just trying to find an easy song that wasnt too bad for us to do.
I doubt were gunna carry it on for long anyway...
We aren't the best shall we say.

im sorry i caused controversy, and i didnt mean to get people against me (even slightly) i was just stuck and stressed and wanted a little help. Sorry.

Screamer1
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
My friends were bugging me because they kept turning to me for everything and expectin me to come up with bass/drum/guitar tabs out of thin air, to be able to find songs that we all liked and that were good to start us off.

I know it isn't easy to start a band, i was just trying to find an easy song that wasnt too bad for us to do.
I doubt were gunna carry it on for long anyway...
We aren't the best shall we say.

im sorry i caused controversy, and i didnt mean to get people against me (even slightly) i was just stuck and stressed and wanted a little help. Sorry.

No controversy bro, and im not against you in anyway, just trying to bring certain issues to your attention.

And i think that you should take your group as far as you want, just take it and run with it until it stops being fun. Like i said, im not trying to down anybody.
But i will stand by wat i said about how you guys should rite something simple. Because then you can be in control with all aspects. Cuz with covered songs, you have to follow THEIR timing, and THEIR chords, and THEIR lyrics. . . . . . . ya get wat im saying>? I just think it will be better in the end(whenever that may be).

Sorry if i came off as trying to tell you not to be in/start a band

that was NOT my intention
im all for "passing the torch to the up and coming genertaion"