PDA

View Full Version : seem familar ?

tkum
01-19-2006, 07:30 PM
http://www.angelsandairwaves.co.uk/board/index.php?showtopic=248

reading through there forums and came across this topic..

i realy dont want the whole Offspring vrs Greenday debate to develop hear, but a question, why do people feel the need to compare the band thats having the current succsess to bands who have had it and chances are will have it again ?

i mean do people need to compare shit all the time, and most.. MOST of the time people have points like..

"OMG GRENDAY ARE TEH GAY!!!11!!!1111!!!!one"
"BUT [band here] RAWKS YO"

why do people do this ? does it help you if the offspring is liked more than greenday or somthing

ps: i think AI was takent o far by media

Andy
01-19-2006, 07:34 PM
It's become people are idiots. And it's also fashionable to attack bands who are very successful

adombomb222
01-19-2006, 07:35 PM
maybe because its just our nature, as a fan, we have to compare other bands to the ones we like to see if people agree with you or not. and why does it really matter? i mean if you dont want to listen to it (or read it) just dont read the thread! and f its all over the website just dont come on it anymore. And another thing if it make other people happy to debate on stuff like this why would you want to stop them?

Jebus
01-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Why can't Green Day and Offspring be like Dream Theater and Symphony X? Both sets of bands have simlar types of success but you don't see DT and SX fans argue over which one is better. They embrace both.

dain84
01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
It's because the world is full of idiots, and they all converge on the internet.

Andy
01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Why can't Green Day and Offspring be like Dream Theater and Symphony X? Both sets of bands have simlar types of success but you don't see DT and SX fans argue over which one is better. They embrace both.
Amen to that

All About Eve
01-19-2006, 07:41 PM

Compare the average prog. metal's fan IQ to that of the average pop-punk fan.

Besides, when you reach a certain highpoint like SymX and Dream Theater, you have a lot of respect for each other, because often you share certain styles and so forth. On the other hand, the pop-punk bands don't really mesh other band styles with their own.

By the way, besides Accolade, I didn't really like The Odyssey =/.

adombomb222
01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
well i have seen one simler song between the offspring's Dammit, i changed again and Sum 41's Still Waiting. just in the gatair(sorry for spelling) part, i like them both. thats the only silmer thing i know of that the ofspring has with any other band. but i think that punk-band base their music tyle on who they liked as they grew up with. the offspring kinda sounds like Bad Religon and Sex Pistols, cause they liked them, but there not entirely like them, right. they just based their style off them.