PDA

View Full Version : Rock Show - help needed!

Nina
01-20-2006, 09:11 AM
I know these are stupid questions, but I need quick help.

I'm probably going to a rock show tonight (not a concert, just a minor show or something) and I just dunno about a few things.

1) What do you do when it is insanely cold outside, but probably really hot inside? I wanted to just wear a t-shirt and a coat over that, but what if I freeze my arms off? eehh.

2) Do you ever bring a bag/purse, or do you stuff everything into the little pockets you have? Eh, I do need to bring some stuff, and especially my cell phone. Yeah...what do I do with my cell phone?!
I need to bring
bus card
ID
bankcard
cell phone
keys
lip balm (yes, indeed a must)
I dunno what to do with all that :(

3) Am I lame for wanting to wear pretty make-up? Does anyone care?

4) Would it be lame to NOT want to drink alcohol? I need to explain that in Germany you can drink beer/similar at the age of 16, and kids start at 13, so it's not comparable to the situation in the US where a lot of people actually dont drink.

Quick reply please, thx.

JoY
01-20-2006, 09:26 AM
1. you could wear a sweater, take a small backpack with you, & take it off when it gets hot & put it in your backpack.

2. if I've got a lot of stuff to carry around, I always wear (slightly baggy) pants with lots of pockets, also on the sides of my legs, to places I don't want to walk around with a handbag, or anything. everything you mentioned fits in them.

3. I care about make-up. I love make-up. most of the times I'm too lazy to put it on & most of the times I just don't care enough for it, but when I feel like it, or when I'm going to some place nice (like a show), I definitely always make sure I wear some supermascara.<3

4. why the hell would you be lame for not wanting to drink alcohol? if someone offers you alcohol, you just say you feel like something else. not a big deal, unless you make a big deal out of it. don't EVER feel the need to explain yourself, not for something as silly as not wanting to drink alcohol. if you shrug & just say you feel more like apple juice, no one will find that strange.

nieh
01-20-2006, 09:28 AM
1 - T-shirt and a coat sounds fine
2 - pockets are best, but mine are probably bigger than yours.
3 - Kind of. It's not really needed.
4 - Maybe a little? I dunno how the whole social drinking thing is in Germany. It depends on who you're going with.

Lars
01-20-2006, 09:31 AM
4. why the hell would you be lame for not wanting to drink alcohol? if someone offers you alcohol, you just say you feel like something else. not a big deal, unless you make a big deal out of it. don't EVER feel the need to explain yourself, not for something as silly as not wanting to drink alcohol. if you shrug & just say you feel more like apple juice, no one will find that strange.
I'd agree with this. I've not had any problems with the people I've been when it's been offered to me or such. No big deal, they should respect your choice.

As for bags, some places may ask you to check it in, or not. It depends. It gets colder as the night goes on, so make that a consideration for what to wear.

JoY
01-20-2006, 09:35 AM
if you want to take your coat off, you could always tie it around your waiste, or something. it's not exactly charming, but I've done that many times myself to get rid of too warm sweaters/coats.

Tizzalicious
01-20-2006, 10:28 AM
1) That' what I usually wear, a coat and a shirt. Unless I have to be outside for a long time, I wear a cardigan type thing then. There's usually a place where you can leave your coat, and a bag or something, so I usually stuff everything (coat, cardigan) in the bag. (To save money :p)

2) I usually go to concerts with guys, so I dump what I need with them (if I'm wearing a pocketless skirt). I usually leave my phone in the bag I brought which I gave off. And if I'm wearing jeans, I just make sure te stuff I need fits in my pocket (I just limit it to money and meds then, the rest goes in the bag too).

3) Totally fine, it won't be lame. I always do.

4) Don't drink if you don't want to. People who think that's stupid aren't worth it. I don't drink everytime I go out, and it definitely isn't (and shouldn't be!) a problem =) Just have fun!

I hope I'm not too late with this!

platinumpt
01-20-2006, 10:40 AM
1) What do you do when it is insanely cold outside, but probably really hot inside? I wanted to just wear a t-shirt and a coat over that, but what if I freeze my arms off? eehh.

2) Do you ever bring a bag/purse, or do you stuff everything into the little pockets you have? Eh, I do need to bring some stuff, and especially my cell phone. Yeah...what do I do with my cell phone?!
I need to bring
bus card
ID
bankcard
cell phone
keys
lip balm (yes, indeed a must)
I dunno what to do with all that :(

3) Am I lame for wanting to wear pretty make-up? Does anyone care?

4) Would it be lame to NOT want to drink alcohol? I need to explain that in Germany you can drink beer/similar at the age of 16, and kids start at 13, so it's not comparable to the situation in the US where a lot of people actually dont drink.
Am I still on time? Anyway:

1-If you go by car, leave it nearby, and quickly get inside the pavillion. You can leave all the clothing in the car. When the concert ends, you'll be probably won't even feel the cold weather. That's the most dangerous part, you can get a cold easily. So stay outside as little time as possible and quickly get inside the car. If you didn't go by car... well I'm afraid you should really take a coat with you. You'll probably have to take it off, so just tie it around your waist or something.

2-Use pants with pockets, and bring a small wallet with you, only with the essential stuff: ID card, bus card and keys. Put the cell phone in other pocket. It works fine with me. If you don't have pockets in any of your pants, you'll have to stick to your purse. That would suck.

3-Honestly I wouldn't care. I go to a concert to see and hear the band playing, not the audience. But it's always great to see gorgeous people there. So yeah, you should wear make up. You still look gorgeous without it though.

4-I usually drink one or two bottles of beer with friends before each concert I attend to, but it's more like an habit amongst us, we always do that. Anyway you shouldn't care about it. What you drink is none of other people's business. Fuck 'em.

The Talking Pie
01-20-2006, 04:47 PM
This is probably terribly late, but oh well:

If you don't want to drink, you don't want to drink. Not drinking is just as great as drinking, if not drinking is your thing. So yeah, be yourself (which I'll apply to the make-up point too... wear it if you want to). You're there to enjoy yourself, afterall.

SaiKYoU
01-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Just go, that's the important thing! Paaaaaaarty!

Homer
01-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Whether or not to bring a backpack or something depends on what you're going to be doing at the concert. If you're planning on moshing, then just use pockets with zippers. But if you're just going to be sitting or just standing there, then go ahead and bring a backpack. I should know about this since I HAVE to bring my medical kit (yes, asthma and allergies r t3h roxorz) everywhere I go.

EDIT: I'm probably late as fuck, but hey, others are reading this.