PDA

View Full Version : StepMania

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Out of curioslty, has any of you ever played that game ? (For those who don't know, it's the computer version of DanceDance Revolution)
I'd like your thoughts and Offspring/Metallica/SOAD stepfiles if anyone here ever made some.

nieh
01-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Do you play it on the keyboard? What's the point in playing if you don't have one of those bigass "dance" pads?

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
sometimes on a borrowed pad, should buy one for myself sometime.
But playing on keyboard can be difficult too. after "One" by Metallica my wrists were burning.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
But playing on keyboard can be difficult too. after "One" by Metallica my wrists were burning.
You need to get out mo... of Canada.

nieh
01-20-2006, 02:45 PM

I'm sure it's difficult, but it's not FUN. They sell pads for the computer I'm guessing then? I know they have them for PS2 and such.

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:46 PM
what the hell does my innate antisocial behavior have to do with StepMania ?

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm sure it's difficult, but it's not FUN. They sell pads for the computer I'm guessing then? I know they have them for PS2 and such.

they do sell comp pads, up to $360 +S&H.
but these are arcade-grade metal plates with a computer plug (USB I think.)
either a cheaper pad or messing around with an Xbox pad will do.

on a side note : it IS fun.

nieh
01-20-2006, 02:50 PM
they do sell comp pads, up to $360 +S&H.
but these are arcade-grade metal plates with a computer plug (USB I think.)
either a cheaper pad or messing around with an Xbox pad will do.

on a side note : it IS fun.

I want to get one of the big metal pads for PS2. They're like $200 on ebay last I checked, but none of the versions of DDR on the console are as good as the arcade ones.

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:53 PM
I want to get one of the big metal pads for PS2. They're like $200 on ebay last I checked, but none of the versions of DDR on the console are as good as the arcade ones.

the best version is the computer version, cause you can download stepfiles for a damn lot of songs, including all previous DDR arcade packs.
AND you can also make your own stepfiles, or have a little program called DancingMonkeys do them for you. AND later StepManias will support not only DDR but many other games in the same style.

nieh
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
The problem is, none of the games that are like DDR have the same feel as it and aren't as good.

Sinister
01-20-2006, 02:58 PM
right. I think I've seen an arcade drumkit someplace. that's gotta be fun.

T-6005
01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Arcade drumkits are fucking killer. Literally, they are SO hard.