PDA

View Full Version : atom gone? new cd?

Tomoo
01-20-2006, 07:36 PM
ok...so i was googling ron welty, to see what was up with his band...and i end up on the wikipedia online thing about the offspring and start reading...this is what i see...

"The band is currently recording tracks for their currently untitled album, with a planned release date of sometime in 2006. As well there are rumors of the band releasing a rare/b-sides album.
Atom Willard recently quit the band to be the drummer for Tom DeLonge's new band Angels and Airwaves. They are expected to have a release sometime spring 2006.
As of January 2006, the band has not made any announcements if there will be a new drummer or Welty will be re-hired. But, they said they could just look for a new drummer in no hurry."

atom quit? i had no idea, you'd think it would be on the site if he did...it's true he is in angels and airwaves, i've been checking them out. But anyways...new cd coming this year? that would be fuckin sweet. rock on offspring

dain84
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
wikipedia is freely editable, meaning someone posted that because they thought he quit. It's just a rumor at this point.

Tomoo
01-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Maybe he didn't leave the offspring, but he definately IS in angels and airwaves. I was on their site, in one of the trailer videos they are all talking about how angels and airwaves isnt just a side project.

Tired_Of_You
01-20-2006, 07:56 PM
We all know he's in Angels & Idon'tknowwhat, but it's only a rumor that he's leaving The Offspring until it is confirmed on the official site. I guess the site will be updated some day even though the last update is from August I think. Haha... It almost looks like Web Dude came back.

Revolver-2005?
01-20-2006, 09:05 PM
even though u can edit wiki, if wiki finds false information ( and they ALWAYS find it) theyll get the correct info

dain84
01-20-2006, 09:22 PM
even though u can edit wiki, if wiki finds false information ( and they ALWAYS find it) theyll get the correct info
Not always. I've put fake info up before, and it stayed for a long time.

punker
01-20-2006, 09:29 PM
well until im not reading that atom has left in the oficial site i will not believe it, but im sure RON wont come back, he has his own band now.

lost_nvrfound
01-20-2006, 10:25 PM
we all know that ron welty had no intention of coming back to the offspring... he's enjoying his new band and the offspring are better off without him due to their eleged deteriated(sp) relationship with him... if atom left, it would surely be a sad thing because he is such and excellent drummer and he seemed to be having so much fun with the offspring and their fans... let's not have anymore talk of atom leaving the band... if he does, you'll know, by either an announcement on the main page or his absence from the next tour

end of disscussion

Manic subsidal
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this new A&A band looks kind of lame? First of all, let me make sure, Tom is the guy from Blink 182 right?

Well, I just watched the trailer and in my opinion, it looked really cheesey and serious, and if this is some guy from goofy blink 182, then that makes the "serious" part it even worse.

Oh well, I'll wait for the music.

Tomoo
01-21-2006, 01:00 AM
i'm not gonna lie...i'm a big blink fan...but i agree that they arent serious, theyre immature...but i truly enjoyed their music....but yes, atom DEFINATELY is in tom from blink's new band AVA...go to their site, they're all talkin about how it isnt just a side project but something that is gonna last for awhile....we'll see

Hypodermic_89
01-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit if Atom leaves? Atom doesn't fit in The Offspring.. I would've been happier if they would've chosen Freese as their new drummer.

Rufus
01-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't give a shit if Atom leaves? Atom doesn't fit in The Offspring.. I would've been happier if they would've chosen Freese as their new drummer.
They asked Josh Freese to become their new drummer but he didn't want to so he recommended Atom

Little_Miss_1565
01-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Guys, come on...how many threads are there gonna be about this?