PDA

View Full Version : Get Rich Or Die Trying?

yay
01-21-2006, 11:59 PM
Has anyone else seen this movie? If you have you will realise that for the sake of any dignity he has left he should accept his fate that HE WILL NEVER BE AN ACTOR. He gives one of the most dull and lame performances I have ever seen. He tries to glorify himself as being a "Moral" Gangster even though he shoots people, Robs people and sells drugs to live.

Worse is the shocking acting from one of the actors playing a lead drug lord role, who tries to impersonate The Godfather. If you are like me and thought 8 Mile was awesome you will be sorely dissapointed in expecting this dribble to satisfy you.

50 Cent said in an interview that he is only making 2 more albums and may go into acting. I think 50 Cent will die trying.

neocon58
01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I think 50 Cent will die trying.

I pray to Jesus every night that that will happen.

Drummerguy123
01-22-2006, 12:05 AM
There are certain musicians (if you want to call 50 Cent a musician) that should not be actors, and certain actors that shouldn't be musicians. Unfortunately, many do not realize this.

.:SMASH:.
01-22-2006, 02:12 AM
i believe he is already rich

notoriousdoc
01-22-2006, 02:42 AM
50 Cent said in an interview that he...may go into acting.
"T' be o' no' t' be, nigga"

T-6005
01-22-2006, 02:46 AM
"T' be o' no' t' be, nigga"
This took me WAY too long to get.

notoriousdoc
01-22-2006, 02:48 AM
This took me WAY too long to get.
"I' gun make yo offa' yo can' refus'"

Obie2trice
01-22-2006, 02:53 AM
I`m gonna see this movie soon. I know he isn`t the best actor, but the movie could be entertaining

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 09:34 AM
I don't watch movies that will obviously be bad. It's really not that hard to tell.

igniton/pyro
01-22-2006, 09:45 AM
im saying to this movie as i said to 8 mile, crosroads(or whatever) and spice world.... i am NEVER gonna see that movie

Andy
01-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I remember his fateful performance at Reading 2004, absolutely fucking hilarious.

Quick question: name 5 rappers who have gone into acting, and been successful?
(By 'successful' I mean 'they could act')

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't watch movies that will obviously be bad. It's really not that hard to tell.

This is true. Did you really expect it to be any good?

Linda
01-22-2006, 10:00 AM
I personally enjoyed that movie.
I believe since you can't do any better yourself,
you shouldn't be so critical of someone who tries.

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 10:05 AM
im saying to this movie as i said to 8 mile, crosroads(or whatever) and spice world.... i am NEVER gonna see that movie
Actually, 8 Mile was quite good. The other two were pretty bad, though.

el_monkey
01-22-2006, 10:06 AM
I remember his fateful performance at Reading 2004, absolutely fucking hilarious.

Quick question: name 5 rappers who have gone into acting, and been successful?
(By 'successful' I mean 'they could act')

at least 2 : will smith (no idea if he first rapped and then acted)
and Ice Cube

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 10:34 AM
I personally enjoyed that movie.
I believe since you can't do any better yourself,
you shouldn't be so critical of someone who tries.

You don't know that he couldn't do better if given the opportunity.

at least 2 : will smith (no idea if he first rapped and then acted)
and Ice Cube

That's true. Also, Andre from Outkast is good, and I'm expecting his acting career to really take off. I thought Eminem did an acceptable job. So now I just need one more. Shit, for the sake of getting 5, I'm just gonna say Ice T.

JoY
01-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I never watched it for obvious reasons;

I hate the 50 Cents guy. I hate his face, I hate his reputation, I hate the way he MAKES his reputation (instead of that just being the impression he leaves), I hate his attitude, I hate the way he thinks, I hate the way he's a golddigga (goldnigga?), I just fucking hate the ugly fuck.

when they shot him, they fucking should've aimed better.

JoY
01-22-2006, 10:42 AM
That's true. Also, Andre from Outkast is good, and I'm expecting his acting career to really take off. I thought Eminem did an acceptable job. So now I just need one more. Shit, for the sake of getting 5, I'm just gonna say Ice T.
that's a different story. Andre is hi-la-rious in his musicvideos & kicks multiple butt only at that.

Eminem *did* do an acceptable job. but that don't trick me, I don't fancy the average.

when I read "Ice", I immediately heard "Ice, Ice, baby" whispering in my head. ah, those were the days, when Vanilla Ice was still somewhat modest.

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Andre is hi-la-rious in his musicvideos & kicks multiple butt only at that.

Only at that? He was good in Be Cool, and good in Four Brothers.

That reminds me, Mark Wahlberg is a rapper-turned-actor. He's good.

Andy
01-22-2006, 10:51 AM
That reminds me, Mark Wahlberg is a rapper-turned-actor.
Really?

He's good.
Really?

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes, he was a rapper. Marky Mark anyone? And underwear model I believe. And yeah, I think his acting is good enough. Three Kings was very enjoyable, and that had Mark Wahlberg and Ice Cube both in it.

Obie2trice
01-22-2006, 10:54 AM
that's a different story. Andre is hi-la-rious in his musicvideos & kicks multiple butt only at that.

Eminem *did* do an acceptable job. but that don't trick me, I don't fancy the average.

when I read "Ice", I immediately heard "Ice, Ice, baby" whispering in my head. ah, those were the days, when Vanilla Ice was still somewhat modest.

8 Mile was the shit.

Another great hiphop movie is "Hustle & Flow" with Terence Howard, he plays a role in GRODT too

JoY
01-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Only at that? He was good in Be Cool, and good in Four Brothers.

That reminds me, Mark Wahlberg is a rapper-turned-actor. He's good.
you understood me wrong. which is because my English is totally lame. I meant "only at that" like; "just alone at that", which I meant like; "even just at that", which I meant like; "he's awesome".

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Hahah, I love quirky english from foreign girls. From foreign guys it's just annoying.

JoY
01-22-2006, 10:59 AM
oh, my Dutch is exactly the same.

;p

Linda
01-22-2006, 01:31 PM
You don't know that he couldn't do better if given the opportunity.

I did not make that statement about any ONE person, K?

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 01:50 PM
I did not make that statement about any ONE person, K?

My statement can apply to any one you wish, K?

nameless
01-22-2006, 03:45 PM
havent seen it but will probably check it out on dvd later in the year!

JoY
01-22-2006, 03:46 PM
...why? we came to the conclusion that it sucks big furry balls.

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 03:50 PM
...why? we came to the conclusion that it sucks big furry balls.
Maybe by "check it out," nameless means he/she will tie up enemies and force them to watch it over and over again?

nameless
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
ok so maybe not dvd, i might check it out on the movie channels so i dont spend any money!

JoY
01-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Maybe by "check it out," nameless means he/she will tie up enemies and force them to watch it over and over again?
oooo, I might try that one.

yay
01-22-2006, 05:57 PM
Yes, he was a rapper. Marky Mark anyone? And underwear model I believe. And yeah, I think his acting is good enough. Three Kings was very enjoyable, and that had Mark Wahlberg and Ice Cube both in it.He was also in Italian Job from what I remember, and that was a great movie.

Andy
01-22-2006, 05:59 PM
He was also in Italian Job from what I remember, and that was a great movie.
The remake?

....are you sure?

yay
01-22-2006, 06:05 PM
The remake?

....are you sure?Yeah he was in the remake. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317740/

He was also in the remake of Planet Of The Apes. But I don't think that was a very good film.

Andy
01-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Ah yes, but now we must address your opinion that the modern Italian Job was "great"...As a big fan of the original, I firmly believe the remake to be atrotious; even Edward Norton couldn't save it.

However, I am a big advocate of personal choice. So I won't go off at you as other people would.

...But watch out... :cool:

yay
01-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Ah yes, but now we must address your opinion that the modern Italian Job was "great"...As a big fan of the original, I firmly believe the remake to be atrotious; even Edward Norton couldn't save it.

However, I am a big advocate of personal choice. So I won't go off at you as other people would.

...But watch out... :cool:I just thought the special effects were great, the acting was great and the storyline was decent, which is something most movies nowadays cant offer. That plus Charlize Theron is really cute.

Andy
01-22-2006, 06:23 PM
That plus Charlize Theron is really cute.
That's true. She'd get the cock.