PDA

View Full Version : need opinions

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Which cover do you think is better

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/RevAlbum/Cover2trashed.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/RevAlbum/pigtrashed.gif

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/RevAlbum/NUKETRASH.gif

All of them were made by me, last one was the easiest cause i kinda got lazy and just took some pictures and put them together

its for my friends dvd

and id appreciate it if u told me why u chose the cover u did

the_GoDdEsS
01-22-2006, 08:05 AM
First one. But depends on what the theme of the DVD is.

Also, refrain from using "u".

Andy
01-22-2006, 08:06 AM
That should be made forum guidelines.

the_GoDdEsS
01-22-2006, 08:07 AM
That should be made forum guidelines.

Yeah, I know. Fortunately people stop using it after spending some time here. We're such reformators.

Nina
01-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Second.
- because one can actually read what it says
- because it doesnt look like a huge mess
- because the pic itself is actually not that bad.
but the photoshopping could be better :[

Andy
01-22-2006, 08:17 AM
Right then, as the DVD is called 'trashed' I'd say it was between the broken room in the first one, and the devastation of the third one. My choice would be the first, as:
a) the third one looks messy and photoshopping different pics like that could be easily messed up,
b) the third one is too much of a cliché (deserted street, nuclear bomb..nah, been done many times),
c) the first one does actually look like a great piece of artwork and emulates the idea of something being 'trashed' in a suprisingly subtle way.

HeadAroundU
01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
#1 front
#2 inside
#3 back

I like them very much.

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2006, 08:31 AM

i dont think its going to kill anyone if i say u, and i dont think it matters much. thanks for the comment

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Heh, the second one could so be a Primus cover. Go with that one.

Jebus
01-22-2006, 08:43 AM
The second one made me smile but the first one seems to fit more with the title.

el_monkey
01-22-2006, 08:45 AM
also first, is the only one that seems serious

the_GoDdEsS
01-22-2006, 08:45 AM
i dont think its going to kill anyone if i say u, and i dont think it matters much. thanks for the comment

It does not kill anyone, it only kills more respect people could have for you. I'm doing this for you. Be thankful, heathen.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 08:47 AM
She's right, you know. Two extra letters can earn you so much more respect.

JoY
01-22-2006, 09:15 AM
it depends on how seriously you want the public to take this DVD.

if you want them to take it seriously, the first one seems suitable. it looks pretty damn emo, but it fits with the title & it looks very arty & good.

if you want to entertain the public with a laugh, bring your message with a wink & if the content of the DVD isn't necessarily to be taken strictly seriously, the second one is rather good. the skater-image is obvious, the pig is rather funny & it's pretty refreshing, actually, that the picture has nothing to do with the title.

the third one is, like the second one, if you don't want to be taken strictly seriously, but you want the cover to match with the title. it's obviously photoshopped (which can add to the humorous effect) & a nuclear desaster is obviously a too serious thing to be joking around with, which also adds to the funnies. a lame & ironic kind of humour, but it's still humour. again the skater-image is obvious, but this time the skateboard is made to match with the title. if you ask me, that last aspect adds little nothing to the effect. maybe it would've, if the pieces were set up in an angle. I dunno.

Andy
01-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Taking another look, the third image strikes me as something a band like Sum 41 would have as a DVD cover.

JoY
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Taking another look, the third image strikes me as something a band like Sum 41 would have as a DVD cover.
really? it reminded me of Green Day somehow. (Dookie)

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
really? it reminded me of Green Day somehow.
Yes, it's very similar to the CD cover of Dookie, what with the explosion, and the chaos, etc.

JoY
01-22-2006, 09:20 AM
I was about to edit my post to point out the obvious. ;p

Andy
01-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Ah yes, I didn't notice that. I was thinking "that reminds me of something, but what, dammit! what!?" So I plummed with Sum 41 (as you can't go wrong if you're associating them with a over-the-top cover).

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2006, 10:11 AM
It does not kill anyone, it only kills more respect people could have for you. I'm doing this for you. Be thankful, heathen.

Well Ive been here long enough and no ones cared much about what i do so ill just keep it that way, thanks for the tip anyway.

if you want them to take it seriously, the first one seems suitable. it looks pretty damn emo, but it fits with the title & it looks very arty & good.

yeah looking back at it, it does seem slightly emo, like with the symbolism and shit

personally i like the second one the most, but my friend doesnt wanna use it, i like it cause its got a free way going right through a field ( maybe its not that noticiable)

the third one i like too but eh, i prefer the second myself, thanks for the comments

oh and i havent seen the dvd, i was just asked to make something so i did lol

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 12:00 PM
Heh, the second one could so be a Primus cover. Go with that one.
Pork Skater?

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Pork Skater?

why not, i dont think theyve tried it yet

XYlophonetreeZ
01-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Definitely not the third one. Explosions are overused. Way overused.

I really like the artwork in both the first and second one, but the concept in the second one is more original. It would be a much more memorable cover. I'd go with that one. Pig on a skateboard.

T-6005
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I'd go with the first one. Although it could be slightly more legible.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Pork Skater?

You read my mind. =P

Sunny
01-22-2006, 06:54 PM
the first one would be cool if you just left it blurry and didn't use that shitty and overused photoshop filter.

second one, i don't get the imagery, but whatever. see my previous comment - stay away from crappy generic photoshop tricks.

number three is the best in terms of the imagery, because thankfully you didn't damage it much... and it's kind of clever. however, i have a problem with your type placement, which brings me to...

what the fuck made you use that pseudo handwritten hideous abortion of a typeface? it doesn't go with the images, it looks generic and cheap, a pathetic excuse for "spontaneous" and "scripty". in the first image, if you were going for a "damaged" look - TRY AGAIN, cause it doesn't work. why is it so wide? it's barely legible, it's too wide, ITS FUGLY. Oh and.. why all caps?

bottom line, if you want the handwritten feel, WRITE IT YOURSELF and don't use shitty typefaces that are going to take away any artistic merit your work might have.

piss.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 06:55 PM
piss.

GENIUS!! :D

Sunny
01-22-2006, 06:56 PM
it's a blatant rip-off of an "old time" poster (remember?), but i couldn't resist. not this time.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 06:57 PM
.. that's why I said it was genius. I don't think the word "piss" is somehow inherently funny. =P

Sunny
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
chutup, you. i in fact did think it was inherently funny, as it seemed to be the best way to end my criticism of the Revolver's creative efforts.

WHATEV.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 06:59 PM
See this hand?

CONVERSE.

Sunny
01-22-2006, 07:01 PM
..you tryin to start somethin? >_>

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 07:03 PM
The hand starts nothing, yet finishes everything.

BIZATCH!

Sunny
01-22-2006, 07:07 PM
i can't think of a decent comeback, so:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/sunnypoo/emowrapdog1lf.jpg

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Dang, I just got..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/TheUnholyNightbringer/einstein.jpg

Tizzalicious
01-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Sunni is right. Except I like the second one most, or would if it didn't have the filter.

Kyryl
01-23-2006, 06:42 AM
I Think second one is goood

P.S. Hi to everybody from Ukraine

Revolver-2005?
02-05-2006, 12:59 PM
the first one would be cool if you just left it blurry and didn't use that shitty and overused photoshop filter.

second one, i don't get the imagery, but whatever. see my previous comment - stay away from crappy generic photoshop tricks.

number three is the best in terms of the imagery, because thankfully you didn't damage it much... and it's kind of clever. however, i have a problem with your type placement, which brings me to...

what the fuck made you use that pseudo handwritten hideous abortion of a typeface? it doesn't go with the images, it looks generic and cheap, a pathetic excuse for "spontaneous" and "scripty". in the first image, if you were going for a "damaged" look - TRY AGAIN, cause it doesn't work. why is it so wide? it's barely legible, it's too wide, ITS FUGLY. Oh and.. why all caps?

bottom line, if you want the handwritten feel, WRITE IT YOURSELF and don't use shitty typefaces that are going to take away any artistic merit your work might have.

piss.

Bitch, thanks for the "constructive" criticism

Just checked back on this topic, we chose the first one. You can close it now.