PDA

View Full Version : the simpsons or family guy? whats best?

igniton/pyro
01-22-2006, 12:45 PM
the simpsons
http://tinypic.com/mcr8s8.jpg
family guy
http://tinypic.com/mcrawx.jpg

whats best?
http://tinypic.com/mcrbia.jpg

Jebus
01-22-2006, 12:47 PM
I guess paint it black doesn't agree with you...

wheelchairman
01-22-2006, 12:50 PM
Done before.

Family Guy.

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 12:54 PM
I guess paint it black doesn't agree with you...

Sadly true.

Family Guy.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 12:55 PM
American dad
http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/feb05/americandad_020605_big.jpg

Revolver-2005?
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
family guy, the simpsons got old after a while

nieh
01-22-2006, 01:01 PM
Middle-era Simpsons was great, but currently I'd say Family Guy. And I still don't understand why people say it's a ripoff of the Simpsons. Is it just because Peter's fat and stupid? I mean, there's a few moments here and there that could pass for something from the Simpsons, but that could be said about a lot of shows, cartoon or not.

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
In the words of Adult Swim: "Shows that were created before The Simpsons ripped the Simpsons off."

I'm indifferent, both shows are only okay now. I miss the old days...

Drum Goddess
01-22-2006, 01:03 PM
I love Family Guy.

el_monkey
01-22-2006, 01:04 PM
my problem with the family guy: I don't know it because it does not run in german tv I think. so I say simpsons

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
"Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!"

I think South Park fully settled the "Simpsons did it" dispute.

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
Futurama .

Jebus
01-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Mr Banana Grabber

Endymion
01-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Mr Banana Grabber
i <3 you!.

Mota Boy
01-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Sometimes in a mood that I can kinda stand Family Guy, but a lot of times I just find it awful. The humor seems idiotic - it's either intentionally trying to offend or a strained attempt at parody.

A little while ago I caught one Family Guy episode which started off with Osama bin Laden goofing around while making another video until Stewie appeared to kick his ass and ride off down the street on his bike in a "Naked Gun" parody. I was shocked - it was actually good. I turned to my friend and said "Wow... just... wow. That was actually really well done. I'm not used to Family Guy being like that, normally it's..." and then the meat of the episode started and the lame gags began. I kept saying "like this" or "like that" for five more minutes before turning off the TV. Simpsons beats Family Guy hands down, and American Dad is like watching a slow-motion trainwreck with all the interesting parts edited out.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Futurama .
Why the fuck didn't I think of this!

XYlophonetreeZ
01-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Simpsons by a long shot. Family Guy has too many easy jokes. I laugh at them sometimes, but I'm usually kind of ashamed to. And their segways into alternate universes (e.g. Chris getting sucked into the A-Ha video, which was hilarious by itself, but in the context of the episode was interchangeable with anything), are almost always interchangeable and could be fit into any episode somehow. And sometimes it's something really cheap that gives rise to them, like Peter says "Geez, Lois, this is like that time when blah blah blah!" And then they show that thing and go right back to the show. Family Guy's writers can write jokes, but The Simpsons accomplishes the much more difficult feat of actually fitting them into a cohesive story.

And monkey, American Dad is one of the worst things ever. You're the first person I've ever heard of that likes that shit. People only watch it because it comes on after Family Guy and they're too lazy to get up and go back to work after it ends.

.:SMASH:.
01-22-2006, 01:37 PM
family guy is funnier but the simpsons does have way more episodes..

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 01:39 PM
family guy is funnier but the simpsons does have way more episodes..
Do you always have your mouth hanging open like that?

01-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Do you always have your mouth hanging open like that?
family guy. are you happy now?

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 01:45 PM
No, you didn't answer the question.

01-22-2006, 01:46 PM
No, you didn't answer the question.
ok

________

Paint_It_Black
01-22-2006, 02:17 PM
Sometimes in a mood that I can kinda stand Family Guy, but a lot of times I just find it awful. The humor seems idiotic - it's either intentionally trying to offend or a strained attempt at parody.

I thought that at first. But it grows on you.

Family Guy's writers can write jokes, but The Simpsons accomplishes the much more difficult feat of actually fitting them into a cohesive story.

True, but if you just want to laugh, Family Guy is the funniest animated show I've ever seen.

For cohesive story as well as humour, I'd have to say King of the Hill is my favourite animated show. It's like a real sitcom/drama that just happens to be animated, and a damn good one. I'm always amazed that its creator also created the atrocious Beavis and Butthead.

The animated show I'm loving the most currently is Drawn Together. It took me a while to even give it a chance, but it can be hilarious.

nieh
01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
For cohesive story as well as humour, I'd have to say King of the Hill is my favourite animated show. It's like a real sitcom/drama that just happens to be animated, and a damn good one. I'm always amazed that its creator also created the atrocious Beavis and Butthead.

The animated show I'm loving the most currently is Drawn Together. It took me a while to even give it a chance, but it can be hilarious.

I've never had any problems with King of the Hill. It's not the funniest show out there, but it has its charm.

Drawn Together, on the other hand, is terrible. It tries to get by too much on its concept without actually having any funny jokes in the mix.

Drummerguy123
01-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Family Guy pwns. And Drawn Together sucks.

Flexing Wings
01-22-2006, 02:30 PM
Family Guy:
Has enough randomness to be limitless.
Stewie is the ultimate character.

Simpsons:
Classic durability, and more original.
Homer is more amusing that Peter.

Vote... I have to go with the classic.

Edit: However Bender pwns them all!!!

01-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Skithouse

nameless
01-22-2006, 02:43 PM
i havent seen much family guy but nothing beats the simpsons!

Drummerguy123
01-22-2006, 02:45 PM
The Simpsons are definately funny, but I think Family Guy is just funnier.

Igniton
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
i used to love the simpsons, but now i never see them on tv, family guy i see all the time and they got alot of funny things on show, i like how they make fun of celebrities and stuff.... my favorite family guy thing is when Chris is at a grocery store and the workers ask him to remove the meat from under his shirt. They keep on asking until the clerk realized "Hey, it's just fat kid. hehe fat kid, here, have some chocolate fatty."

arak0r
01-22-2006, 03:36 PM
i woulda picked the simpsons. ten years ago. every time i try to watch a new episode its just.. soooo.. not funny at all. its pretty awful tbh. i picked family guy by default

yay
01-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I have to say The Simpsons because history wise the Simpsons is a classic. You will never beat some of the lines Homer came up with.

Nowadays though, Family Guy is definately funnier. Though it's not hard to beat with the state The Simpsons is in. I read in an article that Futurarma is making a comeback because of promising DVD sales and Foxtel viewing. That will be EXCELLENT. I find Futurarma so much funnier nowadays than The Simpsons, and personally I just love the whole story behind it. I think it's all great fun.

Drummerguy123
01-22-2006, 04:47 PM
I have to say The Simpsons because history wise the Simpsons is a classic. You will never beat some of the lines Homer came up with.

Nowadays though, Family Guy is definately funnier. Though it's not hard to beat with the state The Simpsons is in. I read in an article that Futurarma is making a comeback because of promising DVD sales and Foxtel viewing. That will be EXCELLENT. I find Futurarma so much funnier nowadays than The Simpsons, and personally I just love the whole story behind it. I think it's all great fun.

That would be great.

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I heard about that whole Futurama thing too. Just like Family Guy, it might be brought back because of DVD sales and Adult Swim.

yay
01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I heard about that whole Futurama thing too. Just like Family Guy, it might be brought back because of DVD sales and Adult Swim.Whats Adult Swim?

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 05:08 PM
It's a late-night collection of shows on Cartoon Network. Family Guy and Futurama both run reruns there.

yay
01-22-2006, 05:10 PM
It's a late-night collection of shows on Cartoon Network. Family Guy and Futurama both run reruns there.Oh Ok. In Australia neither run on Cartoon Network. Family Guy runs on The Comedy Channel, while both The Simpsons and Futurarma air on FOX 8.

nieh
01-22-2006, 05:12 PM

Futurama is making 4 full length, straight to DVD movies beginning this summer.

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 05:13 PM
That's good too, but I'd still rather have new weekly episodes.

yay
01-22-2006, 05:23 PM
That's good too, but I'd still rather have new weekly episodes.Yeah. If they want to make a big commercial comeback, they're gonna need to have it play regularly on TV.

Tijs
01-23-2006, 03:43 AM
Currently: Family Guy.
But sometimes I prefer The Simpsons.

Oh the joy! I still have 1 season of Family Guy and 2 seasons of Simpsons on my computer to watch!

SkyRocker
01-23-2006, 04:54 AM
Family Guy can be hilarious sometimes, but i'm still in love with the idiocy of Homer, and each character is so well describe in the Simpsons...

bouncingcoles
01-23-2006, 07:33 AM
i said none. i love both. although the new simpsons episodes suck. overall i think i laugh more on family guy episodes but simpsons are classic.

NIX-on-the-MAN
01-23-2006, 08:16 AM
Speaking of TV shows on Fox, did anyone know that King of the Hill isn't going to have anymore new episodes? :(

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-23-2006, 08:29 AM
i voted for simpsons, because there are so many classic characters and episodes...however, the last couple of years have been weak.

i guess there is talks to bring futurama back! lets hope that pans out!

panzor41
01-23-2006, 09:44 AM
i lub family guy

GBH2
01-23-2006, 01:35 PM
this same poll has already been made twice before

Melissa_ab90
01-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I vote The Simpsons.. but I like Stewie :D

Hux
01-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Family Guy

Every episode has so many funny bits. Its just so silly and random, you never know what'll happen.

I don't know
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
the simpsons for sure, but family guy is very cool too