PDA

View Full Version : Sudoku

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Who else here is addicted to this puzzle game? I'm currently working on a Samarai Sudoku, which is five of them put together. For those who don't know, www.websudoku.com is a good place to start. Thoughts on Sudoku and its amazingness?

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Scrabble >>> Sudoku.

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the new fascination with Sudoku.

All About Eve
01-22-2006, 04:16 PM
After you know the strategy they're easy and boring.

coke_a_holic
01-22-2006, 04:17 PM
The only things Scrabble and Sudoku have in common is that they both start with S and they both take place on grids...

Sinister
01-22-2006, 04:21 PM
The only things Scrabble and Sudoku have in common is that they both start with S and they both take place on grids...

and both challenge your mind.

Mota Boy
01-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Sudoku's OK. My mom got me a book of puzzles for Christmas and I used it to kill time over break. I've done a fair amount of 'em and I'm not even sure how much I like it. There are a couple times when you need to take an extra step in terms of mental gymnastics, but much of the time it's just a matter of counting.

My school paper started running them this month, which is really nice since I now have something to work on after finishing up the crossword in a lecture class.

1565, are you talking about those Scrabble jumble puzzles that some papers run or the actual board game? If you can complete the puzzles fairly regularly, my hat's off to you.

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2006, 05:39 PM
1565, are you talking about those Scrabble jumble puzzles that some papers run or the actual board game? If you can complete the puzzles fairly regularly, my hat's off to you.

I mean the actual board game. I was thinking about games involving square grids etcc.

0r4ng3
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
I was afraid to click the link, until I found out that you were actually talking about a puzzle.

You can never be too safe when it comes to strange Japanese words.

Isolated Fury
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
My grandmother likes this game.

As a result, it is illegal for me to enjoy it.

All About Eve
01-23-2006, 04:34 AM
There are 9 3x3 squares on the board, and each number (1-9) appears once in that 3x3. So with your given numbers, you know the remaining numbers to put in the square based on what's in it and what other rows/columns contain.

SkyRocker
01-23-2006, 04:49 AM
It's very annoying...Not because it's a mind game but everybody here is playing it, something like a new fashion, there's even champions of that.

It bores me a lot, i find cross words way more attractive and interesting.

kami_mathieu
01-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I play but I wouldn't say I'm addicted, my dad is though.

darko
01-23-2006, 06:28 AM
Love them.....get one from this site everyday at work cause we still quiet after xmas http://sudoku.com.au/

Mota Boy
01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
pure calculus then. thanks
No, pure counting. You could play sudoku with shapes instead of numbers and nothing would change.

Vera
01-23-2006, 08:54 AM
The ones in the papers tend to be ones of 4 star or 5 star difficulty level so I have no luck with them.

Not an overall fan of puzzles of that sort, though.

Rag Doll
01-23-2006, 09:04 AM
I got my math credits out of the way this summer, and we spent the entire time doing those puzzles. I didn't particularly enjoy them, but talk about an easy A...

Liesbeth
01-23-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm totally addicted to those puzzles.

coke_a_holic
01-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, as of lately I only do ones that are rated as "fiendish," "evil," or "diabolical" depending on what source you're using. I also like the Samarai ones and the Jigsaw ones. The other ones, I'll agree, are pretty boring, but I think that the really hard ones are a lot of fun.

Just a Girl
01-23-2006, 11:26 AM
i love them. i'm good with patterns and i'm good with numbers, so sudoku is perfect for me.

scrabble i am completely shit at. i can't do words. say you had a bunch of letters and 't', 'o', and 'e' happened to be there, the only word i will see is 'toe'. doesn't matter what the other letters are, my brain has focused on 'toe' and that's that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-23-2006, 11:27 AM
I hate Sudoku. It's for lame people.

Which of course means I try it all the time and can't stop sucking at it.

Megs
01-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Who else here is addicted to this puzzle game? I'm currently working on a Samarai Sudoku, which is five of them put together. For those who don't know, www.websudoku.com is a good place to start. Thoughts on Sudoku and its amazingness?
*closes eyes in anguish* don't...mention...that....word.....i do one, then i get hooked...

belen1979
01-23-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm totally adicted to that game... LOL Here the newspapers publish one or two each day and I use to do them every day...

Do you know the Sudoku Killer? It's without numbers... It's quite difficult for me. I've done all the killers i've found but I usually have to make it five times or something like that, I always mistake some number... :(

honey
01-28-2006, 10:46 AM
I love playing Sudoku. I have a puzzle book full of Sudoku puzzles with 5 levels, and an electronical Sudoku player with 9 levels. (or however I'm supposed to call it) I'm addicted, I can't seem to complete level 9, which is totally empty at the beginning. I completed it, but it said it was wrong. I guess there's only 1 answer, which makes it completely impossible. Anyone else has the electronical version I have?