PDA

View Full Version : For the Non-Heartless

Twinkle
01-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Recently, my 7-year old cousin, Malijah, was diagnosed with leukemia. Can you imagine that? 7 years old, and being told you have cancer and you might die. I know most of you don't know me, or this girl, but I am asking you to pray, if you're Christian, for this little girl's life. Its trajedies like this that show you the human race isn't invincible. Also, if people know anything about leukemia, I am asking that you send it to me via email, CharmedChica63@yahoo.com, or post it in here. If you can help, I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.

All About Eve
01-22-2006, 06:05 PM
At first I thought you were going to end up asking for paypal donations.

But about the disease, it's one of the most harmless cancers. The kid should be fine.

yay
01-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Recently, my 7-year old cousin, Malijah, was diagnosed with leukemia. Can you imagine that? 7 years old, and being told you have cancer and you might die. I know most of you don't know me, or this girl, but I am asking you to pray, if you're Christian, for this little girl's life. Its trajedies like this that show you the human race isn't invincible. Also, if people know anything about leukemia, I am asking that you send it to me via email, CharmedChica63@yahoo.com, or post it in here. If you can help, I appreciate it greatly.

Thank you.Hope everything works out for her and the rest of your family. This forum isn't the best place to come when you have problems though. Sin ussually starts targeting them.

From myself though, I wish you, your family and especially your cousin the very best. I am Catholic, and I'll try and remember to put in a small prayer next time I'm at Church. But really your cousin should be fine.

Take it easy.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm not a practising Catholic, so I can't really pray and all that jazz, but I certainly wish you and the kid all the best.

Sin Studly
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
I'll pray. I'll pray that her life is a prolonged and horrible ordeal, and she's constantly in unstoppable agony till her dying breath at nine or ten.

yay
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I'll pray. I'll pray that her life is a prolonged and horrible ordeal, and she's constantly in unstoppable agony till her dying breath at nine or ten.You never cease to amaze me.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Really? I pretty much predicted exactly what he was going to post.

Andy
01-22-2006, 07:14 PM
As AAE said, Leukemia is one of the most treatable cancers so try not to worry too much (although that's impossible).
I haven't got any information on it, but there's thousands of sites on the net, google it.

Sin Studly
01-22-2006, 07:15 PM
For fucks sake, I posted that more because I knew it was expected of me than because I actually want the girl to suffer horrible (although that was a contributing factor too). How the fuck can I amaze you?

yay
01-22-2006, 07:18 PM
For fucks sake, I posted that more because I knew it was expected of me than because I actually want the girl to suffer horrible (although that was a contributing factor too). How the fuck can I amaze you?Cause I was hoping that I was wrong before when I said you would probably target her. She is 7 for starters.

But yeah I guess it is expected.

wheelchairman
01-22-2006, 07:20 PM
It sounds like she has acute leukemia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leukemia

Apparently the number one cause of death among children in the US.

I feel sorry for your family having to try to afford this. When a patient becomes terminal, insurance premiums skyrocket, not only that but most insurance companies usually refuse to pay for any treatment that may prolong your life.

ruroken
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm not Christian, so would praying make things worse...? I dun know how that works.
I dun know shit about leukemia, either. Well, I spelled it wrong, so that shows you that anyway...

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 07:22 PM
The BBS is the last place you want to that sort of posting.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
I'm not Christian, so would praying make things worse...? I dun know how that works.
I dun know shit about leukemia, either. Well, I spelled it wrong, so that shows you that anyway...
Fucking priceless.

Sin Studly
01-22-2006, 07:23 PM
She is 7 for starters.

You know what I say about kids ; they're all pink on the inside (well, black and shrivelled up in her case, but whatever).

forestfuckinggump
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Leukemia is very treatable. I'm athiest so I can't pray, but I'll send good thoughts her way.

Oh, fucking-A, I'm rhyming.

forestfuckinggump
01-22-2006, 08:55 PM
I'll pray. I'll pray that her life is a prolonged and horrible ordeal, and she's constantly in unstoppable agony till her dying breath at nine or ten.
Look at this morose mother-fucker right here...

Who shit in your cereal, man?

Rocky-girl
01-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to your cousin, her parents and you. Leukemia is a bad thing, but it's cured now. I heard about it. And certanly I hope all be alright. I thing you must hope too.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 09:08 PM

You're such a tard.

Drummerguy123
01-22-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm really sorry and I wish you all the best of luck. I know somebody that died of liver cancer this past summer. She put up a phenomenal fight, but it was just too big for her to handle. At least I know she went without ever once giving up. Looka t me, rambling on about my personal experiences in yuor thread. Like I said, I'm very sorry and I wish you the best of luck.

lost_nvrfound
01-22-2006, 09:16 PM
I hope she recovers... good luck

bd007h
01-22-2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear about this Tiphani. I wish you, your family, and your cousin the best of luck.

T-6005
01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
You're such a tard.
You have got to be the biggest fucking wannabe I have ever seen.

Good luck to your cousin.

dain84
01-22-2006, 10:33 PM
You're a fucking asshole.

dain84
01-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I'll pray for her. I just went to church for the first time in 4 years and I actually liked it, so I guess I'm qualified.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
You have got to be the biggest fucking wannabe I have ever seen.

:cool: Too cool 4 skwl and also you.

Jebus
01-22-2006, 10:43 PM
First of all, welcome back. I haven't seen you post in a while.

Last time I prayed was two years ago but even then, my prayers always ended up turning into fake telepathic conversations with god that I made up in my head swaying off from the original point of the prayer. No use in trying to pray =\
Good luck with everything though. I hope she gets better.

You're such a tard.
Orange, that's why I purchase an extended warranty for my Irony-o-meter.

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm not a traditional Christian, more like a Buddhist who has a hunch that Jesus was a bodhisattva/buddha, but anyway....

She's so young. The suffering of children breaks my heart. Through it all, I hope that she and all those around her can find peace and acceptance. Acceptance that each day her health situation is one way and to treat it as it is as best they can, because it's not just her who's got the illness, but everyone around her who will suffer with her. Though health and perhaps here life is not going to last, the comforting thing is that suffering is not going to last either. Nothing to fear.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-22-2006, 11:06 PM

Thank you so much for pointing out that excellent observation. Most of the rest of us have been posting for months or years and have never stopped to notice anything posted by Sin Studly before. Nope, not one of his 8,731 posts has ever caught our attention.

Twinkle, I really hope your cousin beats this out. My aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer, and we're hoping for her too. I consider myself Christian, though I rarely pray and never go to church. At the least, I'll keep her in my thoughts and I'll try to remember her in a prayer. Cancer's a motherfucker.

Tizzalicious
01-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better!

neocon58
01-23-2006, 12:37 AM

Sin Studly
01-23-2006, 01:38 AM
So much vaginal mucosa round these parts I think I might slip over.

killer_queen
01-23-2006, 04:36 AM
I'm not a christian. I'm a Muslim and you didn't want muslims to pray. I'm oficially hurt.
Anyway, I'm gonna pray for her. I'm doing it every night anyway.

Revolver-2005?
01-23-2006, 10:31 AM
I am asking you to pray, if you're Christian, for this little girl's life.

Im guessing other peoples prayers arent good enough, but i wish the best of luck

darko
01-23-2006, 10:40 AM
My thought are with you and your Family...i know its hard but try and stay postive especially for your Cousin

nieh
01-23-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry for you and your family. When I was growing up my friend's dad died of Leukemia, that was a hard time for him. Treatment has improved a lot since then though. Hopefully your family caught it early and they'll be able to fix her up just fine.

What movie did you steal that from?

Jebus, how do you know those conversations with God were fake?

0r4ng3
01-23-2006, 12:34 PM
Orange, that's why I purchase an extended warranty for my Irony-o-meter.
Dammit, that's the second broken one this week. Maybe I should buy an Intelligence-o-meter, that way it'll only go up about halfway.

JoY
01-23-2006, 03:48 PM
But about the disease, it's one of the most harmless cancers. The kid should be fine.
there's really no such thing as harmless cancers. maybe relatively a lot of people survive leukemia, but it'll never be an amount that makes you want to throw a party, or something.

I hope your cousin will be alright. it'd be a tragedy, like you said, if she won't be. just give her lots of hugs & attention. she doesn't need to be in the prayers of people she doesn't know, but in those of who are dear & close to her. (& who are actually religious) make her feel strong through your own strength & just give her all the support she can handle. I'm so sorry this had to happen to someone close to you. I wish you & your cousin all the best.

Jebus
01-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Nieh, because I was Professor X in my "prayers."

Rocky-girl
01-27-2006, 11:21 PM
How is your cousin? Does she feel better?