PDA

View Full Version : TV-Shows You Like But No One Else Watches

Vera
01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
And no mentioning shows like Lost or Gilmore Girls or West Wing because "omg none of ma friends watch it!!11 i am teh only 1!!".

I'm talking shows so unknown when you mention watching them, people ask "What's that?" or say, "I've never heard of that one."

My favourite? Médico de Familia (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115284/), a Spanish 1990's family drama/comedy show about a widower doctor and his family. I just love the way they speak Spanish, and how they all talk at the same time and the cheesy 90's fashion. The characters can be the funniest, too, and they generally have one of the warmest TV households I've witnessed and I mean warm without being overly sugary or seeming fake. A part of my love for this show is fueled by the nostalgia factor, admittedly. I used to watch this around late 90's and it just brings back warm memories, this awesome Spanish family.

Perfecto!

Tizzalicious
01-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Roswell. I loved it, but no one here watched, or heard from it. At some point they started airing it in the middle of the night. Every night. At a different time, but usually around midnight//1.00 am. I was tired a lot that period :p

Tijs
01-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Boston Public? Is that what the show's called? I used to watch that every evening.

coke_a_holic
01-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Just Shoot Me is a great show that may have gotten cancelled recently. =(

EDIT: I mean it was cancelled a while ago, but now the channel that picked it up has stopped playing it.

igniton/pyro
01-23-2006, 01:47 PM
pokemon :p

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-23-2006, 01:49 PM

EDIT: I mean it was cancelled a while ago, but now the channel that picked it up has stopped playing it.

TUNB Approves.

I enjoy The Comedy Store, though I don't know if that really counts as a programme..

darko
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
king of Queens i think it was called....it was channel 4 in the morning...between 8-9am

It was about a guy and his wife and her father was living with them. And the guy was a delivery guy. It was a Comedy..quite funny

offspring fan
01-23-2006, 01:55 PM
king of Queens i think it was called....it was channel 4 in the morning...between 8-9am

It was about a guy and his wife and her father was living with them. And the guy was a delivery guy. It was a Comedy..quite funny
thats one of my favorite shows. i watch it every day (exept the weken) fucking awsome!

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
King of Queens is mildly entertaining, but it's not funny.

Megs
01-23-2006, 01:56 PM
the friday night project on channel 4 in the UK around erm....half tennish? they get i different celebrity in each week to co-present the show with two other guys justin lee collins and some other bloke whose name escapes me now....it's pretty random, but pretty funny....but no-one seems to watch it :(

killer_queen
01-23-2006, 01:57 PM

I agree. Just Shoot Me is the only show I watch on TV this year.

But my personal favourites are Keen Eddie (which has 13 episdoes and the only person who watched it I know was RXP) and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Vera
01-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Seconded both Just Shoot Me and Boston Public.

Boston Public rocked my socks.

Megs
01-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Boston public? i've heard of boston legal, but not boston public :confused:

Endymion
01-23-2006, 02:49 PM
you people and your popular television shows.

for me:
the sweet spot (http://www.tv.com/the-sweet-spot/show/9438/summary.html?q=the%20sweet%20spot)
gerhard reinke's wanderlust (http://www.tv.com/gerhard-reinkes-wanderlust/show/17575/summary.html?q=gerhard%20reinke%27s%20wanderlust)
and some more popular stuff like:
clone high
carnivale
get a life
wonderfalls

Chimera512
01-23-2006, 04:11 PM
Battlestar Galactica.
I love this show to death, my roomate is the only other person i know who watches it.
if you like Sci Fi, i'd be surpriesd if you don't like this show or how you're not already watching it.

Endymion
01-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Battlestar Galactica.
I love this show to death, my roomate is the only other person i know who watches it.
if you like Sci Fi, i'd be surpriesd if you don't like this show or how you're not already watching it.
i fucking love it, but what was with this last episode? that was such a cheap out. cylon blood? what the fuck. that's star trek level bullshit.

The shadow
01-23-2006, 05:04 PM
I loved As If, but they cancelled it cause nobody saw it.

.:SMASH:.
01-23-2006, 05:05 PM
My girlfriend, her sister and i are the only people i know that enjoy watching Inuyasha

lenar
01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Puppets Who Kill

0r4ng3
01-23-2006, 05:06 PM
There was a short-lived show called Medical Investigation. It was like ER combined with CSI, though I don't watch either show. I did watch MI, and it was awesome, and then they cancelled it.

Lakilea
01-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Un paso Adelante and Bednaya Nastya.

Un paso adelane = one step foreward (I think), is a Spannish show about students in this art-kinda school. Dancers and actors mostly.

The second one is Russian soap show. But the women are beautiful and their clothes and houses and everything! 19th century w00t!

Yeah. Joy.

Jebus
01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Arrested Development, Becker, Titus, Angel(does that count seeing how it was cancelled?), Tru Calling, and possibly El Chavo de Ocho(spanish tv show)

But my personal favourites are Keen Eddie (which has 13 episdoes and the only person who watched it I know was RXP)
I loved that show too =\
There's always gona be an empty spot in my soul for not knowing what would have become of Eddie and that one girl.

Anya82
01-23-2006, 05:45 PM
hehehheeh! El Chavo del Ocho!!!! It's kinda weird to read that people from other country watch it.
in Mexico there's no single person who hasn't seen that show....
*Anya stares at the monitor while her mind travels back in time to her infancy*

I rarely watch tv. But when i actually like a show and don't miss it, suddenly is off. I used to watch "Quintuplets". I love it! It's about a family with -yeah, duh!- quintuplets, but they're SOOOOO different.

Another one i watched and was on tv (dubbed to spanish) was "Sunset Beach".

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Arrested Development, Becker, Titus, Angel(does that count seeing how it was cancelled?), Tru Calling, and possibly El Chavo de Ocho(spanish tv show)

I loved that show too =\
There's always gona be an empty spot in my soul for not knowing what would have become of Eddie and that one girl.

I thought Titus was cancelled. :confused: It was a really good show.

I like to watch the Red Green Show. It's on on late nights at PBS, but it is really funny. I haven't seen an episode in a really long time, though. :(

Betty
01-23-2006, 05:57 PM
I LOVED Roswell, Tizz.

T-6005
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Titus was awesome. I figured we wouldn't be able to count it... but what the hell.

Andy
01-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Quizmania
Arrested Development
Spaced (I'm always amazed at the amount of people I speak to haven't seen Spaced) - It's not on any more, but it still counts

All About Eve
01-23-2006, 06:35 PM
Becker is really the only nonpopular show I watch, although I hardly watch tv at all.

Chimera512
01-23-2006, 06:56 PM
that was such a cheap out. cylon blood? what the fuck. that's star trek level bullshit.
yeah man, my roomate called that 1/2 way through the episode. at least they didn't reverse the polarity on the cancer cells. i'm hoping more of the almost-dead apollo stuff will come into play in the next episode. and i'm developing a serious love hate relationship with baltar too.

heh, roswell. that show was cool for a while, then it moved networks and it's decline turned into a descent into shitsville (which is expected, anyone heard of good shows made by UPN?) and i stopped watching.

Homer
01-23-2006, 07:23 PM
Arrested Development and Stella. Stella is probably the wierdest show I watch, and it makes no sense. It's on the Comedy Network, so yeah. It has funny moments, but it's just... wierd. But for some reason, I just keep on watching it. There are only like, maybe 4 episodes that are made... for now.

SuperKnux
01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
"Third Watch", but that shit got cancelled a year ago.

Fuckers.

Vera
01-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Christ, people.

Yes, not enough people watched AD. That doesn't mean no one watched it!

And friggin' everyone I know watches Battlestar Galactica.

Anyway. I downloaded some Stella episodes when it first began (the pilot had Edward Nortong!) and liked it but not enough to keep downloading. It was funny but so random and so weird.

Nina
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Un paso Adelante and Bednaya Nastya.

Un paso adelane = one step foreward (I think), is a Spannish show about students in this art-kinda school. Dancers and actors mostly.

Just what I wanted to say. It's called "Dance" in Germany. A Spanish TV-show set in a school of art with one class as the main characters. I really enjoy watching it, unfortunately nobody (except you?!) knows about it and it also airs at 2pm, that's usually when I still have school, wtf?! gah.

I wanted to mention Boston Public as well when so many other people did. So why doesnt this show fall under the cathegory "everyone watches it, just not the people you know"?

And despite the first post I will mention LOST. Why? Just because it's big in America doesnt mean that it's that big in Germany. A lot of people might watch it here as well, BUT I DO NOT KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES. So I WILL mention it.

Also, King Of Queens is definitely widely known.

Vera
01-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Boston Public is one of those shows honestly many people don't even know about. I know 4 people who watch it thanks to this thread. Only one watcher I know offline. Like Megs reacted, most people have the same reaction - "I know Boston Legal.. What's Boston Public?".

Plus I seem to recall the US ratings weren't skyhigh.

Funny that would happen with Lost in Germany. I heard from my Swedish friend Swedes went bonkers for Lost. It's starting here next Thurs. Will see how it goes.

Izie
01-24-2006, 02:25 AM
Roswell. I loved it, but no one here watched, or heard from it. At some point they started airing it in the middle of the night. Every night. At a different time, but usually around midnight//1.00 am. I was tired a lot that period :p

Roswell had THE hottest guy ever :( I wanna see Roswell againz :(

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Roswell had THE hottest guy ever :( I wanna see Roswell againz :(

True!! Michelle posted a pic of him in the hot guys thread! Yumz.

I need to get the DVDs or something. But they don't have 'em here, and it's so expensive to order them from the US :(

Izie
01-24-2006, 02:43 AM
True!! Michelle posted a pic of him in the hot guys thread! Yumz.

ZOMG!

*looks*

*drools*

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 02:46 AM
He is teh hotz. Damn.

killer_queen
01-24-2006, 03:26 AM
I loved that show too =\
Same here. But you know, on the last episode Monty told Eddie that he is going to find his soulmate on a bus and at the end Fiona appeared in a bus. I can't believe I remember all of these things.

Rocky-girl
01-24-2006, 05:14 AM
I don't often watch TV. My friends watch soup operas. I don't like them and I don't understand how it could be watched.

wheelchairman
01-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Everyone in my class watched LOST. LOST and OC. I don't know why those two specifically, but they were wildly popular.

now for shows people mentioned. I watched Roswell too, it was alright, too much teen-heart fagging though.

I also watched Boston Public, that *was* a good show. Really good.

King of Queens is good, I enjoy it.

Can anyone explain to me why shows like Frasier, Spin City, etc are considered comedies? they really aren't funny. Becker too.

I used to watch Titus, it was good as I recall. I've been told to watch Arrested Development, so we'll see.

Also American Dad is a terrible program.

Shows that I watch that no one else knows or has watched, The Black Books and Newsradio. The only people I know who watched Newsradio were Jake and Endy. Like wtf?

Vera
01-24-2006, 09:07 AM
I think Mota is also a fan of Newsradio. Or was it Ozy? I'm a fan, too, but unable to get it on DVD because of the bitchiness that is regional coding. Why can't all DVDs be region 0?

&You know I love Black Books, but the hardcore BB fan is Nicole. She has the DVDs and everything, a purchase I've been unable to make so far.

Drum Goddess
01-24-2006, 09:16 AM
There was that one show Touching Evil. It's no longer on but only one other person I know liked that show.

belen1979
01-24-2006, 09:52 AM
My favourite? Médico de Familia (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115284/), a Spanish 1990's family drama/comedy show about a widower doctor and his family.

Hehehe, I'm spanish and I watched it when it came out here in Spain. LOL

If you like it maybe you would enjoy Los serrano (http://www.losserrano.telecinco.es/) . In that one you would see some actors from Médico de familia, like Poli, (who was called by everyone in Spain in the streets Poli untill Los Serrano came out, now he says everybody calls him Fiti, his character's name in this one) and another ones. Do you know Aqui no hay quien viva (http://www.antena3.com/aquinohayquienviva/) ? In that one appears Gemma Cuervo from Médico de Familia (I met her once...) and if you think that he laughs stupidly, I can tell you that it's her real way of laughing!!! In Aqui no hay quien viva I think you will laugh a lot with Emilio. Try and tell, ok?!!

Well, if you like Spanish shows I recomend you those two.

And back to the topic, the show I enjoy and no one seems to see is Vientos de Agua, a spanish show too, but now they put it too late and I have to wake up too early to see it... *cryes*

Vera
01-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Hahaha, thanks, but I don't think I'll be able to check those TV shows out. I can e-mail the broadcasting company and ask them to show more Spanish shows and recommend those but don't know if they'll take up on it.

But yeah, Medico de Familia is pretty damn sweet. Not to mention it's kind of exotic to me, as I live here in the north.

belen1979
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
Now I find it quite boring, as I've seen it millions of times... But I enjoy a lot Los Serrano and Aqui no hay quien viva. The problem you would have is that those two shows are now on tv here and maybe it will take few time to be able to see in your country... But I can see them on Satellite tv, Digital Satelite or whatever you call it there... I don't know. I can see German or Russian channels here, maybe with the Satellite you would see it... In Paramount Comedy I think they are on... The first or second season maybe are online...

Vera
01-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Hmm, well, if I find them online (with English subtitles since my Spanish skills are non-existant), I'll download.

notoriousdoc
01-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I found one other person that loves The Mighty Boosh as much as me. Man, that show rocks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/images/series1/ep6/ep6_2.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/images/series1/ep6/ep6_10.jpg
"Charlie come, a-Charlie come
A bubblegum-a"

Andy
01-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Ah-ha, just remembered a couple:

Shameless,
Nathan Barley

the_offsprings_monkey
01-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Ah-ha, just remembered a couple:

Shameless,
Nathan Barley
I watch both of them,

Shameless is a fucking classic chavs family tell and Nathan barley is a classic,
"I got a blowjob from a 13 yearold :cool: ".

Igniton
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
ones i watch that no one else seems to watch
Robot Chicken
Team Sanchez
Cash Cab

ones that it seems like only me and my group of friends watch
Two And A Half Men
Fresh Prince
Mind Of Mencia

darko
01-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Quizmania
Arrested Development
Spaced (I'm always amazed at the amount of people I speak to haven't seen Spaced) - It's not on any more, but it still counts

Ahh I used to love Spaced!!

Third watch was another one i used to watch, It was about Ambulance, Fire and Police in New York. It was either on at 2-3am on a Saturnday morning or 10-11am weekdays

BREAK
01-25-2006, 05:27 PM
The only people I know who watched Newsradio were Jake and Endy. Like wtf?

Rag Doll also legitimately likes it. Ozy isn't a huge fan, and I don't know one way or another about Mota Boy. It's funny to me, I can't think of too many other shows where MORE people actually watched it AFTER it was cancelled. Nowadays everybody knows about it.

I used to watch the hell out of The Soup and The Colbert Report, now I just don't care enough to watch any TV at all.

Oh, and Just Shoot Me SUCKED MY ASS. Just saying.

Rag Doll
01-25-2006, 05:33 PM
i have the newsradio dvds. so...it's more than just "claims to like it".

and everything i watch is pretty ridiculously popular. law & order, er, seinfeld, american idol....yeah.

edit* thank you, Jacob.

Sunny
01-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Battlestar Galactica.

my husband looooves that show. =/

anyway, those might not seem obscure to you at all.. but we (him and i)seem to be the only people who genuinely enjoy watching:

flip that house
meet the barkers
opening soon

;x

XYlophonetreeZ
01-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I don't watch a lot of TV. I remember watching Clone High and thinking it was pretty funny.

Also, am I the only one that really fucking hates The Colbert Report? Since The Daily Show is one of the few shows I watch, I decided to check it out and I just thought it was awful. It just seems like a knock-off of the Daily Show, except his whole know-it-all egocentrism doesn't work with him as the anchor. Plus almost every facial expression the guy makes somehow manages to piss me off. I dunno.

Endymion
01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
the daily show has suffered too. it's only gotten worse as reporters have left.

Isolated Fury
01-25-2006, 07:02 PM
The Colbert Report was a kick in the boys for the Daily Show.

Twinkle
01-25-2006, 08:31 PM
X-files? Naw, too known
I can't remember the name of this show, it might be My Wife and Kids, but I'm unsure. Its pretty funny. Two sisters live right next door with husbands. Their families are very different. They have kids.

And does anybody remember Sweet Valley High? I miss that show. So entertaining, but so unrealistic.

0r4ng3
01-25-2006, 08:34 PM
X-files? Naw, too known
I can't remember the name of this show, it might be My Wife and Kids, but I'm unsure. Its pretty funny. Two sisters live right next door with husbands. Their families are very different. They have kids.
You have names mixed up. I'm sure the show you're thinking of is "Yes, Dear".

Vera
01-26-2006, 04:04 AM
I love The Colbert Report.

It took me an episode or two to get the jist of it (gist?) but after I understood what the Truthiness and egocentrism was about, what the whole joke was, I loved it.

kamikaze
01-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Sifl & Ollie. How can anyone go wrong with sock puppets?

PsychoticAndInsomniac
01-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Oh God, I had completely forgotten about Médico de Familia, how time goes by...It was an incredible hit here in the 90's, with record-breaking audience shares. That show got soooo many millions of Spanish people addicted to it...One of the few series that almost everyone liked here; those familiar adventures and confrontations have been quite successful in Spanish TV in the last years, as happens now with Los Serrano (I think belen1979 mentioned it).

Regarding the other Spanish show someone talked about, Un paso adelante, it had many fans, too (in fact, some of the actors formed a music group, UPA, and they were really famous for some time), but its audience share was considerably lower, especially after the first seasons.