PDA

View Full Version : Such a shame...

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 05:59 PM
I have been thinking and I believe Conspiracy of One had great potential. My idea is that if I could go back in time, I would have them release Co1, but with some changes. If they got rid of Want You Bad and Original Prankster, which were created in Pretty Fly's shaodw, the album would have been better. To replace them, they should have added Huck it on the American version and released it as a single. Also, Defy You should have been written earlier so it could be on Co1. Another change would be to use the Vultures alternate and the Living in Chaos demo version instead of the album versions. If these changes were made, there is no doubt in my mind that Co1 would have gone multi-platinum. What do you think?

dain84
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
The Vultures demo sucks.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM
I thought it was better than the original.

punker
01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
I dont think so, A lot of people i know tell me they know offspring because of Original Prankster and Want you Bad, if those wasn't such poppy songs, they wouldnt even get to the radio in most of the countrys like mine

.:SMASH:.
01-23-2006, 06:13 PM
die demon! want you bad is freaking awesome!!!

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 06:17 PM
I dont think so, A lot of people i know tell me they know offspring because of Original Prankster and Want you Bad, if those wasn't such poppy songs, they wouldnt even get to the radio in most of the countrys like mine

But it was Smash that put them in the spotlight in the first place.

You can't tell me Want You Bad even compared to anything from Ixnay, Smash, Ignition, or S/T. The lyrics sucked and it was so obvious that they tried way to hard to have anohter Pretty Fly.

punker
01-23-2006, 06:24 PM

im not saying that it sucks, im saying is more pop

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 06:26 PM
im not saying that it sucks, im saying is more pop

I'm saying that it sucks.

punker
01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I was saying that to .:SMASH:. cuz he told me to die cause i didnt like the song

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
I was saying that to .:SMASH:. cuz he told me to die cause i didnt like the song

I thought he was talking to me. I guess he was talking to both of us because neither one of us like that song.

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Look , in my opinion, Come out swinging, Original Prankster, Want you bad, Million Milles Away,Conspiracy of one and huck are the greatest songs in this album, maybe not as good as Ixnay songs, but it rocks!!!

And the others, well, are acceptable, but I think that the worst thing ever of Offspring is Splinter... it's too much rock sometimes, means, NO OFFSPRING Stuff, and DA HUI, OMG; SUX

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't see why everybody hates Splinter.I think it was a major step forward for them. They seemed to have given up on the pop and want to expand their music styles. The only think I thought was bad about it was the fact that is is only half an hour long.

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
I don't see why everybody hates Splinter.I think it was a major step forward for them. They seemed to have given up on the pop and want to expand their music styles. The only think I thought was bad about it was the fact that is is only half an hour long.

Yep, its too short, but men, Splinter maybe its not too pop, but, it's not good, I like Conspiracy (more or less)

Homer
01-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Splinter's a great album. Also, the Vultures demo sucks.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
lol. Am I the only one that thinks the Vultures alternate is better than the album version?

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 07:27 PM
The Vultures demo sucks.
doesnt exist Vultures demo. the version hes talking about is the alternative versionthats the normal song in surround sound. someone just ripped it from the huck it dvd ;)

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
doesnt exist Vultures demo. the version hes talking about is the alternative versionthats the normal song in surround sound. someone just ripped it from the huck it dvd ;)

That would explain a lot.

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah i think the same. i think splinter is great. the songs r great... excep hit that and worst hangover ever its annoying me now. but it could be way better if it had more songs

dain84
01-23-2006, 07:32 PM
No, that is the demo. Why do you think the whole verse is different?

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:37 PM

Maybe because it's an alternate version?

Little_Miss_1565
01-23-2006, 07:41 PM

Quoted for hilarity.

Bands do sometimes change their songs even after the official album release. It's been known to happen.

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
yeah i think the same. i think splinter is great. the songs r great... excep hit that and worst hangover ever its annoying me now. but it could be way better if it had more songs

Yep, well, I dont dislike at all Splinter, in fact, I dont believe that Offspring has a bad album. just NOT AS GOOD AS...

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, I never thought of that. I guess I just assumed that it was written before Co1 was released. I guess I deserve a lashing.

SuperKnux
01-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I strongly believe that "Conspiracy of One" is the most underrated Offspring album ever. It might be the most "Alternative" or "experimental" The Offspring were ever going to get, but people couldn't buy into it, and thus, I don't think they'll ever do an album like that again.

I say experimental and alternative, because "Vultures", "Living in Chaos", "Denial, Revisted" and even "Special Delivery" sound pretty different than most Offspring songs. (Yes, I know "Vultures" intro sounds mostly like "Dirty Magic", but lyrically "Vultures" showcases a much more cryptic side to Dexter's writting.) While lyically "Special Delivery" brings back the classic (and twisted) Offspring lyrics, instrumentally, it's over-all different. It even uses a sample of "Hooked on a Feeling" in the actual song, as oppose to just an intro or an outro (think: "Pretty Fly").

"Denial, Revisted" could very well be the first ever "emo" song The Offspring have ever done. The song is diffrent, and while a bunch of you kids don't like this song or album, you need to pay attention to it in other ways.

I could go a lot more in dept on this album, but I don't like posting here much. So, I'll just cut it short.

dain84
01-23-2006, 07:44 PM
It was never acually given a name, someone who ripped it gave it that name. It's a demo. The Living in Chaos demo could also be called an alernate, but I wouldn't.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I strongly believe that "Conspiracy of One" is the most underrated Offspring album ever. It might be the most "Alternative" or "experimental" The Offspring were ever going to get, but people couldn't buy into it, and thus, I don't think they'll ever do an album like that again.

I say experimental and alternative, because "Vultures", "Living in Chaos", "Denial, Revisted" and even "Special Delivery" sound pretty different than most Offspring songs. (Yes, I know "Vultures" intro sounds mostly like "Dirty Magic", but lyrically "Vultures" showcases a much more cryptic side to Dexter's writting.) While lyically "Special Delivery" brings back the classic (and twisted) Offspring lyrics, instrumentally, it's over-all different. It even uses a sample of "Hooked on a Feeling" in the actual song, as oppose to just an intro or an outro (think: "Pretty Fly").

"Denial, Revisted" could very well be the first ever "emo" song The Offspring have ever done. The song is diffrent, and while a bunch of you kids don't like this song or album, you need to pay attention to it in other ways.

I could go a lot more in dept on this album, but I don't like posting here much. So, I'll just cut it short.

I wouldn't call Denial, Revisited emo. It's simply a ballad. Just because it's a sad, slow song, it doesn't classify it as "emo."

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 07:47 PM
godammit it isn't a demo! it has the same lyrics as the original just the sound is diferent cause it was ripped as 5.1 surround sound. it was taken from the huck it dvd. if u have the dvd put it on your dvd player and play it as 5.1 surround sound. it sounds way different

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't call Denial, Revisited emo. It's simply a ballad. Just because it's a sad, slow song, it doesn't classify it as "emo."

What it's a emo???

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:48 PM
godammit it isn't a demo! it has the same lyrics as the original just the sound is diferent cause it was ripped as 5.1 surround sound. it was taken from the huck it dvd. if u have the dvd put it on your dvd player and play it as 5.1 surround sound. it sounds way different

Yeah, I think you know more on this subject than anyone here, so Dain, shut up.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:49 PM
What it's a emo???

That made no sense whatsoever.

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 07:50 PM
It was never acually given a name, someone who ripped it gave it that name. It's a demo. The Living in Chaos demo could also be called an alernate, but I wouldn't.
but living in chaos has different lyrics but vultures dont, its just the same song in 5.1 surround sound :rolleyes:

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 07:53 PM
That made no sense whatsoever.

Oh, like why is BUsh president???

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh, like why is BUsh president???

No, I mean it made no sense gramatically.

SuperKnux
01-23-2006, 07:58 PM

Yeah, I know. I only referred to it as emo, because I remember some kiddos here refered to it as an emo song several years ago. Personally, I ain't one for putting things in catagories, I just went with that description because that's what I've heard some people call it.

Ninty Man
01-23-2006, 08:00 PM
No, I mean it made no sense gramatically.

Oh, well, like Dracula???

dain84
01-23-2006, 08:37 PM
How come when I watched it, it sounded different? The verse is all screwed-up sounding.

dain84
01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
but living in chaos has different lyrics but vultures dont, its just the same song in 5.1 surround sound :rolleyes:
The songs on Greatest Hits dualdisc play as 5.1 on the dvd side, but they sound the same.

alistair13
01-23-2006, 08:51 PM
How come when I watched it, it sounded different? The verse is all screwed-up sounding.

yea, i got that, too. the vultures alternate had a pitch change in the beginning lines of each verse
i.e: and in the sun, a
the in is lower in the studio version, but in the alternate it's on a higher pitch.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 09:25 PM

Because it is an alternate.

dain84
01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
And the Out on Patrol demo has the same lyrics as Out on Patrol, but it's still a demo.

dain84
01-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Because it is an alternate.
And if it was recorded before the album version, it's technically a demo.

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
And the Out on Patrol demo has the same lyrics as Out on Patrol, but it's still a demo.

Not neccesarily. They could have 2 versions of a song written and recorded before choosing which one to put on an album.

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 09:54 PM
The songs on Greatest Hits dualdisc play as 5.1 on the dvd side, but they sound the same.
thats maybe u have an home cinema or surround sound on your tv or computer :rolleyes:
and it was released after co1 was released

dain84
01-23-2006, 09:56 PM
thats maybe u have an home cinema or surround sound on your tv or computer :rolleyes:
and it was released after co1 was released
1. I don't have surround sound.
2. That doesn't mean it was recorded after.

offspring_freak_3
01-23-2006, 10:00 PM
you know what... whatever, i'll not waste my time with you. believe in whatever u fuckin' want. i know its not a demo and u know too :rolleyes:

Drummerguy123
01-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Good, now back to the original topic...

HeadAroundU
01-24-2006, 05:13 AM
I like the way it is.

but I like the idea of using "Huck it" as the last track #14.Permanent or hidden.

Dexter_H
01-24-2006, 05:16 AM
Meh, both my copies have Huck It anyway so I always consider that to be part of the album.

icklebabygremlin
01-24-2006, 05:17 AM
i was jus reading this on ur myspace

Drummerguy123
01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Yeah, but I think that was before I did this.

bouncingcoles
01-25-2006, 05:30 PM
I have been thinking and I believe Conspiracy of One had great potential. My idea is that if I could go back in time, I would have them release Co1, but with some changes. If they got rid of Want You Bad and Original Prankster, which were created in Pretty Fly's shaodw, the album would have been better. To replace them, they should have added Huck it on the American version and released it as a single. Also, Defy You should have been written earlier so it could be on Co1. Another change would be to use the Vultures alternate and the Living in Chaos demo version instead of the album versions. If these changes were made, there is no doubt in my mind that Co1 would have gone multi-platinum. What do you think?

i dont know if it would have been multiplatinum but it would definetly be better. but i still think CO1 is a fucking great offspring cd.

nameless
01-25-2006, 05:52 PM
i like and still listen to conspiracy of one but i can definately say it is my least favourite of all their albums! like a lot of other albums, i felt there were better songs to release as singles but i guess they label and management have an input and they have to do songs that will sell!

Drummerguy123
01-25-2006, 07:30 PM
i like and still listen to conspiracy of one but i can definately say it is my least favourite of all their albums! like a lot of other albums, i felt there were better songs to release as singles but i guess they label and management have an input and they have to do songs that will sell!

Exactly how I feel.