PDA

View Full Version : FAO Mags (and Poland tourists)

eye_pennies
01-24-2006, 06:25 AM
Im thinking of visiting Krakow and Warsaw this summer, a wise choice or not?
Do you have any advice?
Give me Polish knowledge!

DexterWannabe
01-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Offspring? where? WTF??!!?

Nina
01-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Offspring? where? WTF??!!?

HILARIOUS.
I sometimes love this forum.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 07:32 AM
Krakow - wise choice, yes =p. it'll be super crowded, but it's gorgeous and a lot of fun, especially in the summer. aaand i'm not just saying that cause i grew up there! lol

but avoid chinese, korean and mexican food places. they are worse than death.

um. i dunno what else. Warsaw is gross. all i can say. =p

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 08:11 AM
I've been there once, and loved it. It's a beautiful city!

Little_Miss_1565
01-24-2006, 08:25 AM
HILARIOUS.
I sometimes love this forum.

Not to cut back on the hilarity, but I moved this topic from GOD. :)

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-24-2006, 08:26 AM

Ohh! I get the joke now.

_JJB
01-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Im thinking of visiting Krakow and Warsaw this summer, a wise choice or not?
Do you have any advice?
Give me Polish knowledge!

You're welcome to Krakow (Cracow), i live there. What do you wanna know? I can help you i guess.

the_GoDdEsS
01-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Krakow is like a fairy tale, pure lovely. (Except for the crazy pigeons.)

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:35 PM
You're welcome to Krakow (Cracow), i live there. What do you wanna know? I can help you i guess.

it's spelled Krakow, kthanks.

Sim, the pigeons are half the fun! =p

eye_pennies
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
(Yeah whatever, jokey lad, I haven't posted here in a very long time, I glitched, my hand spazzed out and I posted in the first place I found without thinking)

Do you recon I could do it on a budget of around 500pounds (900 dollars)?
Name me some good places to visit
And why 'no' to Warsaw?

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
i think $900 should be fine. hotels are pretty cheap... but then again, restaurants and all the little cafes can get a little pricey. so i dunno, depends on what you want to do.

well, why no to Warsaw? it was a beautiful city pre-WWII, but most of the "old town" was destroyed. there is a tiny little remaining old area, which happens to be quite pretty... but dull, grey, Soviet architecture is what dominates most of the city... with some fugly mirrored skyscrapers here and there. It's possibly one of the least charming places I've ever been.. trying really hard to be a metropolis like Berlin or NYC but failing miserably.

Warsaw has some good clubs, though, but that's hardly a reason to visit. =/

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM

My heart just broke :(

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh and good places to visit. Um. the Jewish old town "Kazimierz" is absolutely gorgeous. tons of little cafes and clubs and fun places. it's touristy, but not in an obnoxious way... and despite the nightlife, it has an air of sadness. it's amazing. actually my favorite spot in town. the Wawel castle and surrounding areas (river, a huge super old park) are worth visiting too, even just to relax and take pictures or whatever. i used to hate it cause that's where my high school is. :[ i'm sure you're aware of the Market Square area (duh).. but exploring the little narrow streets surrounding it is awesome, cause you never know when you'll find a cute cafe or an art gallery or something. if you feel like leaving the Krakow area, you can take a bus (50 minutes, I think) to Zakopane, the most famous mountain resort in the country. It's beyond beautiful, with tons of unique architectural gems.. and great shopping... and nightlife to rival Krakow's.

bah. enough rambling now!!11

eye_pennies
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks much Mags, this is a great help. Its nice to have an insiders opinion.
It's tempting to go, if only for the salt mines. A place where I could lick the walls would be glorious!.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
eeeeeveryone licks the walls. i know i have. on a school trip. =P

haahhahf.

and they have a whole big room where everything's made of salt, even chandeliers. so awesome.

but watch out for the elevators.. i dunno, maybe they fixed them, but last time i was there, it was pitch black in the elevator.. and it goes down so fast, drops practically.. and you can hear the wood squeaking... omg so scary. haha.

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 09:17 PM
The salt mine! It's so pretty! But the elevators...yes. OMFG. I think when I was there, they were just...cages or something. Scared the shit out of me.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 09:21 PM
hahah so they haven't fixed them! yup. cages is a good way to describe them. i screamed so loud first time i was in one =/

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 09:22 PM
I was there aaages ago though (I think I was 16 :p) so they might have fixed them now ;)

But they sure were creepy.