PDA

View Full Version : Re: Photo Album - insults

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Why the hell do some members of this board insist on constantly being rude to certain people who post in Photo Album?

I mean, honestly, I don't find everyone on this board to be stunningly attractive. In fact, I consider some people to be plain unfortunate. Duh. Same with people in real life. However, I am not arrogant/bitchy enough to go around constantly commenting on their appearance in a derogatory fashion. Because, hell. Why would I? How would that benefit me, or them for that matter?

Now, that doesn't include *all* negative comments. Like:

"I don't think your hair looks good"
or
"You need your eyebrows done"
are at least semi-constructive. However "stop posting my eyes hurt" is not. So, you don't find them attractive. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo, keep it to yourself for the sake of basic human decency. Confidence might be sexy... arrogance rarely ever is. It doesn't make you look cool, witty or appealing in the slightest. So what's the payoff for you? An ego boost?

That being said, I've called people "mutant-faces" on many occassions. However, I believe there's a difference between posting such shit out of the blue... and saying it when provoked.

ugh.

the_GoDdEsS
01-24-2006, 01:24 PM
I get your point. But from the other point of view it's kind of disturbing to watch people fakely sallivating over one another just to be nice and get comments back.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't like it either, but I think there are other commonly accepted insults that everyone seems to let slide that are much more damaging to one's self esteem than the ones mentioned here. Though I must admit, it could possibly hurt like HELL if the people who think I'm ugly here actually came out and said it, but it probably wouldn't since chances are it would come from people whose opinions I don't value one bit.

It does suck how there seems to be an obvious difference between regular ugly and ugliness when referring to an established member of any group of friends on the BBS though...to some, it seems to warrant mentioning sometimes and not others.

killer_queen
01-24-2006, 01:26 PM
I said in photo album too, mine wasn't a random insulting. It's not because I find him really ugly and it's not about my arrogance. Just making bd007h sad makes me happy. Just him, not anybody else. Is it that bad?

wheelchairman
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Like when everyone thought that Fake Mota Boy was HAWT!!

Tizz has posted some rather malicious things on the bbs photo album a few times, if people look for them :O

bd007h
01-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Just making bd007h sad makes me happy

well, just to inform you, your attempt at making me sad failed miserably. What you said didn't hurt me in the least bit.

Nirushika6789
01-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I see what your saying (to Sunny) and some people deliberately go out on a limb to say something mean or find something wrong...

I know that sometimes to really ridiculous to make 'empty compliments' when someone really doesn't match the compliment but there is always something nice to say....

And it takes an effort to post an insult...how weak-minded must someone be to have to insult someone,they don't know for no reason, just so they feel better!

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:30 PM
Sim - definitely, that's irritating too.. but i guess i'm more ok with asskissing than i am with arbitrary insults, because of the effect it can have on the picture poster.

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:32 PM
This entire business is getting on my nerves. So many people on this board think it is appropriate to insult certain people; or even random people they dont know at all.
Just because people complimenting each other annoys you doesnt mean that the EXACT OPPOSITE IS BETTER. In fact, it just shows how freaking IGNORANT you are when you believe so, which I personally consider worse.
Being too nice is definitely better than being too mean. Yes, that's my own personal opinion, swallow it.
It's not cool to insult others. It's especially not cool when there is no meaning behind it. Fucking lame.

Sunny
I said in photo album too, mine wasn't a random insulting. It's not because I find him really ugly and it's not about my arrogance. Just making bd007h sad makes me happy. Just him, not anybody else. Is it that bad?

Do you always tell people exactly what you think about them? If so, I command your courage, and wonder how many times you got beat up... and wish you luck in life in general, cause you'll probably need it.

i find a lot of people ugly. i don't come up to them and tell them "hi2u your face is busted". ya know?

Melissa_ab90
I agree with you Sunny.... some members are so rude.. and their immature commentaries can hurt to other members...

JohnnyNemesis
I know that sometimes to really ridiculous to make 'empty compliments' when someone really doesn't match the compliment but there is always something nice to say...

I find empty compliments to be patronizing and insulting. If you have to LOOK for something nice to say about one's appearance, I feel that there is a problem, and it's ...eww.

And it takes an effort to post an insult...

It really really isn't, actually. I've never insulted anyone in the Photo Album, and I don't think I've attacked anyone's appearance ('cept maybe HAU), but trust me, insults are eeeasy.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 01:35 PM
On a similar note to those previously mentioned:

People need to stop glorifying outright meanness as a case of "just being honest". Being honest does not justify being a complete asshole, so everyone should just embrace that yes, they ARE being assholes, and that it's okay sometimes. That's what I do, anyway. When I feel like it, I'm a complete prick on here, just like anyone else can be. You've all seen it.

Nirushika6789
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM
I find empty compliments to be patronizing and insulting. If you have to LOOK for something nice to say about one's appearance, I feel that there is a problem, and it's ...eww..

Yes I know that but there is a limit to that....If the person has an ugly face their hair might be lovely...why not compliment that instead of insulting their face?!

It really really isn't, actually. I've never insulted anyone in the Photo Album, and I don't think I've attacked anyone's appearance ('cept maybe HAU), but trust me, insults are eeeasy.
I mean 'some' people actually go out of their way to insult someone...that takes effort to go and find something wrong instead of just letting it be

And I know you don't insult anyone in the Photo Album...;)

killer_queen
01-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Do you always tell people exactly what you think about them? If so, I command your courage, and wonder how many times you got beat up... and wish you luck in life in general, cause you'll probably need it.

i find a lot of people ugly. i don't come up to them and tell them "hi2u your face is busted". ya know?
Noooo. Like I said it was just for bd007h. I mean, I see a lot of ugly people, why would I try to tell them and make them unhappy? It's like how most of you call HAU ugly. Okay, I know it's not the same but everyone might find someone annoying and want insult. I don't think it matters too much.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 01:41 PM
HAU told me i was disgusting, "tattoo-spoiled" and married a wealthy guy for the money. i believe everything i said to him was called for. besides, he has a history of randomly calling other bbs girls fat, ugly, "whales", etc.

what did bd007h ever do to you?

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:42 PM
I don't think it matters too much.

You are wrong. I'm not saying that whoever you insult will sit in a corner and cry the eyeballs out because you said something mean to said person, but come on...saying something JUST to insult someone means that you try to hurt their feelings. And that's beyond lame. It's pathetic.

Vera
01-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Like when everyone thought that Fake Mota Boy was HAWT!!
*dies laughing*

Good times. But yeah, that was a show of how much knowing a personality/intellect behind the looks can change the looks for better or worse. In this case, for the better, of course.

killer_queen
01-24-2006, 01:46 PM
He called me mean. And I hadn't said anything to him. I know it sounds funny but that reaaaaallly annoyed me. Since that time I just love insulting him.
Also he is an idiot but that's not the point. I'm not that smart or pretty too. If I were being honest I'd be saying "nice eyes, terrible skin" but it wouldn't be fun.

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:48 PM
If I were being honest I'd be saying "nice eyes, terrible skin" but it wouldn't be fun.

You keep proving my point. -sigh- Just forget it, it clearly doesnt matter at all. Let me just say I wouldnt want to ever meet you in real life, but that probably makes you laugh or something. :/

killer_queen
01-24-2006, 01:49 PM
You are wrong. I'm not saying that whoever you insult will sit in a corner and cry the eyeballs out because you said something mean to said person, but come on...saying something JUST to insult someone means that you try to hurt their feelings. And that's beyond lame. It's pathetic.
Well, you might have hurt my feelings when you called me a bitch. That's the same thing.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 01:52 PM
killer_queen is a nice person, and bd007h DID call her mean for no real reason. She wasn't being any meaner than anyone else at that time either...

...which is similar to what's happening here and in the Photo Album thread. I counted three people saying pretty much the EXACT same thing she said to bd007h in the thread, one of them even before she did. Yet they're not even being mentioned or attacked here...

Nina
Well, you might have hurt my feelings when you called me a bitch. That's the same thing.

It's not cool to insult others. It's especially not cool when there is no meaning behind it. Fucking lame.

I've said it all before.

XYlophonetreeZ
Yes, it is that bad. Calling someone ugly isn't that bad by itself. It's done all the time. But this post just lost you all kinds of credibility. I don't even know where to begin in pointing out everything wrong with this post, but I'm going to try.

1) If you wanted to make him feel bad by calling him ugly, and now you're admitting that you don't find him really ugly, then nobody wins, huh?
2) You actually attempted to justify your previous attack by saying "Just making bd007h sad makes me happy." What the fuck kind of a sadistic philosophy is that?
3) If you had said this in a different context I may overlook it as an insecure attempt to sound "tough," but if you're delusional enough to think that declaring the joy you feel from other people's pain will improve people's opinion of your intentions, then you're just a terrible human being.
4) bd007h hasn't even shown any signs of being sad. I've been there, done that. I used to make fun of him a lot because he had a history of pissing me off (intentionally or otherwise), but it sure as hell wasn't because I got some kind of evil pleasure out of his misery. If he had even shown that he was really hurt, I wouldn't have done any of it, but time and time again he's just acted like he doesn't care. Whether he actually does, I don't know, but since he doesn't appear to be affected by it, your sadism in this case isn't only kind of psychotic, it's illogical.

On a lighter note, the concept of "bd007h sympathy posts" continues to be funny, and I am stopping now, before the sympathy gets out of hand and some smartass stops by and points it out. Besides, this was really more of a "killer_queen is a psycho" post.

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:53 PM
I counted three people saying pretty much the EXACT same thing she said to bd007h in the thread, one of them even before she did. Yet they're not even being mentioned or attacked here...

Because I consider it pointless to argue with the_goddess about being nice/not being nice. I was mistaken when I thought that it would be different with killer_queen.

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:55 PM
XYlophonetreeZ gives me chills.
Thanks for being so refreshing.
& now I'm dead tired.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-24-2006, 01:57 PM
XYlophonetreeZ gives me chills.
Thanks for being so refreshing.
& now I'm dead tired.
Thanks, I think(?), but what do you mean I give you chills?

JohnnyNemesis
Because I consider it pointless to argue with the_goddess about being nice/not being nice. I was mistaken when I thought that it would be different with killer_queen.

I was talking about the_offsprings_monkey and Isolated Fury.

Sunny
I counted three people saying pretty much the EXACT same thing she said to bd007h in the thread, one of them even before she did. Yet they're not even being mentioned or attacked here...

what do you mean they're not being attacked? this thread is directed exactly at them, not just killer_queen exclusively.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Okay, so I'll drop the "attacked" and stick with the "mentioned".

Nina
01-24-2006, 01:59 PM
what do you mean they're not being attacked? this thread is directed exactly at them, not just killer_queen exclusively.

He meant me, I guess, because I only quoted her and replied to that.
But like Sunny I also meant all of them, tho. Just her especially(and because I simply dont TALK to TOM. understandable, no?)

XYlophonetreeZ, I probably just got something wrong again, tsk, the English language (- & Nina being unable to understand it). bah.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-24-2006, 02:01 PM
I was talking about the_offsprings_monkey and Isolated Fury.
First of all, I didn't interpret this thread as a specific attack on killer_queen. It may have seemed that way because she was the first to defend herself in this thread. Second, neither Isolated Fury nor TOM attempted to justify themselves by saying what basically translates to "I'm a psychotic sadist with some kind of monomania about bd007h."

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 02:02 PM
He meant me, I guess, because I only quoted her and replied to that.

Not just you, because you're not the only one doing it! It's a bunch of folks.

(and because I simply dont TALK to TOM. understandable, no?)

Totally understandable, trust me :D

But it's just frustrating to see one person get heaped blame upon for something four people did. Whether you guys meant to do it or not, that's exactly what happened here.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Okay, so I'll drop the "attacked" and stick with the "mentioned".

i swear i still don't see it. i haven't mentioned her in the original post... and nothing was said exclusively about her until she replied.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 02:05 PM
First of all, I didn't interpret this thread as a specific attack on killer_queen.

Nor did I.

Second, neither Isolated Fury nor TOM attempted to justify themselves by saying what basically translates to "I'm a psychotic sadist with some kind of monomania about bd007h."

That's only because they were completely overlooked. killer_queen was actually quoted and pointed out in the whole thing in the Photo Album thread, while others were overlooked, and those others said worse or equal things. And it's not like she was the first or last person to insult bd007h: she was the second one.

What I'm saying refers to BOTH threads, not just this one, and I'm not responding to individuals as much as I am all of you. Fact is, I love you folks way more than most here, but I gotta say my piece.

i swear i still don't see it. i haven't mentioned her in the original post... and nothing was said exclusively about her until she replied.

It's not just one person, and definitely not just you.

Things were said exclusively about her in the Photo Album thread, which is why she came here.

Isolated Fury
01-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Wait! How did I get dragged into this?

Sin Studly
01-24-2006, 02:10 PM
Ugly people shouldn't be allowed to post pictures. Fuck, they shouldn't be allowed to go into public. The ugly should be hounded into reclusion and lonely deaths by all of civilised society.

And although I haven't read Gulsah's post that you're talking about, I fully stand by her decision to call bd007h ugly. Because the sad truth is, he's fucking hideous and should be shunned by mortal man.

Isolated Fury
01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Seriously, I don't see where I fit in with this discussion. I never said a word about bd007h.

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Wait! How did I get dragged into this?

Ack! My mistake. I think I had a brain fart and thought I saw you post that shit in there. My mistake.

The point remains valid when applied to the others I mentioned though.

I'm sorry about that mistake, I F.

Isolated Fury
01-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Wow...way to try to ruin me.

Do you really think I'd stupid shit like that?

(I kid.)

Sin Studly
01-24-2006, 02:13 PM
That being said, I've called people "mutant-faces" on many occassions. However, I believe there's a difference between posting such shit out of the blue... and saying it when provoked.

And this is true, there is a difference. Calling somebody ugly because they provoke you is pathetic, calling somebody ugly because they are ugly is something humanity as a whole should strive to do.

The ugly have no place in utopia. In a perfect world, they would be exterminated.

wheelchairman
01-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Perhaps I'm callous, but I don't see the big deal. I don't really support the act of calling others, since it is kinda pathetic. A perfect example is the_offspring's_monkey

However Killer Queen is alright in my opinion, he unjustifiably called her mean. When she is a very nice person in general. Why not make him right? Not to mention that it's not something she normally does.

If BD007H was a decidedly passive person, (like Ghandi or something), then it would seem cruel. But he does often go out of his way to be rude, and he's just reaping what he's sown. Not to mention that people used to ignore his pics until he whined for attention.

Sunny
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
The ugly have no place in utopia. In a perfect world, they would be exterminated.

i'm fine with that as long as i'm the one setting beauty standards. and they definitely seem to be different from yours. ;z

Sin Studly
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I fully back Gulsah on this one, and reject Nina's comments, especially since she's wellknown as the most prominent arselicker in that thread, and her constant sugary compliments are disgustingly fake. If somebody posted goatse there she'd probably tell them they had a pretty smile. It's repulsive.

Sin Studly
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
i'm fine with that as long as i'm the one setting beauty standards. and they definitely seem to be different from yours. ;z

Relax, you'd be allowed to live.

bd007h
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
I'd like someone to find the post where I called her mean, and prove that it was "unjustified"

Sunny
01-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Relax, you'd be allowed to live.

further proving my point that you have questionable taste. =p

BREAK
01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm guilty of this, but since my comments were always either retaliatory or directed at people who really don't even count as human beings in my mind, I feel no remorse over it whatsoever.

Paint_It_Black
01-24-2006, 03:38 PM
We all know what people can be like. If you post a picture on a public forum, you have to accept whatever might be said. That simple. However, I am more on the side of the "be nice" people. I don't see the point of randomly hurting people's feelings. I don't usually bother with the photo album unless I'm feeling bored. My opinion is that it's often average looking people in average pictures with comments swinging between "LOL you're beautiful" and "LOL you're ugly".

platinumpt
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't recall ever saying something less pleasant to anyone on photo album. When I don't have anything good to say about a guy or girl's photo I don't say anything at all. But I always try to find something positive to comment. And yes, I find a few users ugly, but why would I call that to attention after they post a pic? There's no need to do that, and it doesn't match my personality.

Sin Studly
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
further proving my point that you have questionable taste. =p

Pfft, a nose job and some skin bleaching and you'll be fine.

Betty
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Insulting people on a message board is relatively petty, I think.

But then, I'll admit there are a few people I could do without seeing the exact same shot of their mug over and over and over again.

The comments I HATE the most however are:
(1) Tiphani's eyebrows - cause she has said repeatedly that she wants to get them waxed, but just isn't old enough.
(2) Anybody's acne, particularly when the comment involves telling the person to wash their face. I had acne and washing my face night and day and having fancy prescription cream really didn't do very much.

Jebus
01-24-2006, 04:15 PM
killer_queen is so cute when she insults people.

T-6005
01-24-2006, 04:16 PM
(1) Tiphani's eyebrows - cause she has said repeatedly that she wants to get them waxed, but just isn't old enough.
(2) Anybody's acne, particularly when the comment involves telling the person to wash their face. I had acne and washing my face night and day and having fancy prescription cream really didn't do very much.
Both of those are very good points.

This entire thread reminds me of some sort of soap opera argument, though.

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
I fully back Gulsah on this one, and reject Nina's comments, especially since she's wellknown as the most prominent arselicker in that thread, and her constant sugary compliments are disgustingly fake. If somebody posted goatse there she'd probably tell them they had a pretty smile. It's repulsive.

That's total bullshit. You obviously don't read what she says in there.

Agreed.

Like when everyone thought that Fake Mota was HAWT!!

Tizz has posted some rather malicious things on the bbs photo album a few times, if people look for them :O

Fake compliments are definitely bad too. But like some people said, that doesn't justify calling people ugly. If you think they are, you don't have to suck up to them, but you might aswell not reply.

And also...did you just call me ugly? :(

wheelchairman
01-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Fake compliments are definitely bad too. But like some people said, that doesn't justify calling people ugly. If you think they are, you don't have to suck up to them, but you might aswell not reply.

And also...did you just call me ugly? :(
No but fake compliments cheapen the whole business, and make the real compliments worthless. So if the compliments are worthless to some people, you can expect them to take insults just as seriously. To be honest, I just don't care either way. People will compliment me and I'll feel nice. If they insult me, I probably won't care.

And no, I was referring to those times you called that girl ugly, and then said if she posted more you'd need a puke-bucket. That was really rude of you, boozey-face.

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 08:47 PM
To me, insults have more impact than compliments. If someone says I'm ugly, and someone says I'm pretty, I'll believe the one who says I'm ugly. And I think a lot of people are like that. No matter if the compliment was meant or not. Or the insult, for that matter.

And fuck you.

wheelchairman
01-24-2006, 08:52 PM
To me, insults have more impact than compliments. If someone says I'm ugly, and someone says I'm pretty, I'll believe the one who says I'm ugly. And I think a lot of people are like that. No matter if the compliment was meant or not. Or the insult, for that matter.

Yes I know, but I'm not talking about you :p
And insults of course have a harder emotional impact, seeing as they are given so infrequently in the photo album in comparison with compliments.

Personally I really think insulting is pathetic. I was only defending Killer Queen because BD can be a dick sometimes.

Simple as that.

and quit being rude you piemelface!

Tizzalicious
01-24-2006, 08:54 PM
That's why I said a lot of people are like that.

And I see we agree then :p

And I jst had a Per-moment then :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-24-2006, 09:21 PM
No but fake compliments cheapen the whole business, and make the real compliments worthless.

I'm in agreement.

If you think they are, you don't have to suck up to them, but you might aswell not reply.

I'm very much in agreement.

SOOPAH DOOPAH AGREEMENT!

killer_queen
01-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Anyway, if I'm bothering everyone with insulting I can stop it. But I don't think anyone really cares about bd007h's feelings. Also I'm sure that saying "I think you're kinda ugly" would hurt someone much more than "My eyes! My eyes!!". I guess that's all.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2006, 04:50 AM
tis too easy to tell someone they're ugly on the net. that's why out of self-esteem one should refrain. when attacked that's different. but if someone who's rather ill-favored posts up pics of theirs, come on, sympathize.

I told you that you were pretty but simply posted too many pics, and you made fun of my acne.

Hypocrite much?

Sinister
01-25-2006, 05:27 AM

same here, had to use goddam Accutane PILLS to get rid of mine. and they made me suicidal and agressive as side-effects (but it's all gone now).

not fun.

Vera
01-25-2006, 05:53 AM
I could go on and on about why I haven't clicked at Photo Album in ages but meh. The simple explanation is that I've stopped caring. I know what most people I talk to online look like. If they got a face lift, I'll most likely be able to see those pictures in a livejournal entry they post or something. If they got new shoes, hey, cool for them but I ..don't really care.

The ones I might care about are so lost amidst all the junk it bugs me.

Nina
01-25-2006, 10:49 AM

You are freakishly annoying with your assumptions. I just dont insult people out of nowhere. Therefore I wont be saying anything negative in photo album. Wouldnt it be kind of hypocritical of me to do that AND state my already mentioned opinion in this thread?
Yup. That's logical babaay.

killer_queen
01-25-2006, 11:28 AM
So are we okay? Because I don't want everyone to think I'm a bitch (altough I am a bitch in real life) here. And I don't want to get on somebody's nerves except bd007h.

Nina
01-25-2006, 12:12 PM
No worries, I dont know you in the least bit to judge you just by this. It just annoyed me a lot, that's all. Probably just as much as his insult to you annoyed you.

Black__ball
01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Why the hell do some members of this board insist on constantly being rude to certain people who post in Photo Album?

I mean, honestly, I don't find everyone on this board to be stunningly attractive. In fact, I consider some people to be plain unfortunate. Duh. Same with people in real life. However, I am not arrogant/bitchy enough to go around constantly commenting on their appearance in a derogatory fashion. Because, hell. Why would I? How would that benefit me, or them for that matter?

Now, that doesn't include *all* negative comments. Like:

"I don't think your hair looks good"
or
"You need your eyebrows done"
are at least semi-constructive. However "stop posting my eyes hurt" is not. So, you don't find them attractive. Whoop-dee-fucking-doo, keep it to yourself for the sake of basic human decency. Confidence might be sexy... arrogance rarely ever is. It doesn't make you look cool, witty or appealing in the slightest. So what's the payoff for you? An ego boost?

ugh.

i read the first line and got the jist of the hole thing and i agree

Sin Studly
01-25-2006, 12:33 PM
You are freakishly annoying with your assumptions. I just dont insult people out of nowhere. Therefore I wont be saying anything negative in photo album.

Fake compliments to the hideous are an insult. An insult to the intelligent of every board member.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
She's not talking about fake compliments. She's talking about "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything."

Sin Studly
01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
That's a ridiculous philosophy. The ugly need to be told how ugly they are, so they'll stop displaying their hideous visage.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-25-2006, 02:28 PM
I didn't say I agreed with it. Or yours, for that matter.