PDA

View Full Version : Apparently cellophane is made from wood pulp

nieh
01-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I always thought it was a type of plastic. Who knew.

Sinister
01-25-2006, 10:30 AM
haha. this could become a thread of useless little-known facts.

0r4ng3
01-25-2006, 10:30 AM
That's some crazy stuff. Isn't the dollar bill made of some kind of special cotton?

Mannen som blev en gris
01-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Lightpulp.

hehe...

"useless little-known facts"? Yesterday my nose started bleeding twice. It's only happened to me once before, when I was playing CS... I'd like to know though, what makes the nose bleed?

Andy
01-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd like to know though, what makes the nose bleed?
Because you touch yourself at night.

Sinister
01-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd like to know though, what makes the nose bleed?

for me, it comes at every little hit on my nose, or sometimes when I'm too tired, and/or when the air is very dry - that makes those tiny blood vessels in the nose burst.

and there was one time I bled for about an hour after falling face-first in a concrete stairway.

nieh
01-25-2006, 10:37 AM
If your nose starts to bleed it means you're picking it too much...or not enough. It can happen from dehydration and it can happen from stress and increased heart rate. I'm sure there's a whole lot of other reasons it can happen though.

Yeah, the dollar bill is made out of cotton. Did you know you can make paper out of dryer lint?

Sinister
01-25-2006, 10:38 AM

Family Guy much ?

Mannen som blev en gris
Oh crap. I knew it.

Another question: why isn't Wikipedia working?

edit: it is now.

edit again: "In anime and manga, it is very common to see sexually aroused characters getting nosebleeds, sometimes brutal ones. This rarely occurs in real life, but is based on Japanese old wives' tales, which say that getting too sexually excited leads to a nosebleed. Such occurences are generally played for laughs and signify loserhood and/or virginity."

Oh, Andy did have some sort of a point.

0r4ng3
Dryer lint? I shall remember that.

I'm sure everyone knew this, but glass is made of sand.