PDA

View Full Version : Offspring Punk Or nOT???lets make a conclussion here

noodlesdec25
12-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Just punk or not...no surfer punk...californian punk or punk rock......PUNK IS PUNK AND NOTHING ELSE!

my answer is Offspring IS Punk

Moose
12-06-2004, 05:04 PM
this is a useless and never ending discussion...first we must decide on a definition of punk...and i mean a universal definition...second, is being a punk, and punk music the same thing...third, who really gives a fuck...fourth, i dont believe that dexter or noodles or any of them would go around "ya im punk"...i dont believe they give a shit, and i feel that they believe that would be stupid...if you asked dexter what are you or who are you i believe he would reply something like: im a human or im a person or im dexter or im bryan...he wouldnt say IM A PUNK YAAAAAAAA...no i dont see that...so who cares, end it now.

Tijs
12-06-2004, 05:09 PM
If it's only punk or not punk, I'd say not punk.

Floyd the Barber
12-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Just punk or not...no surfer punk...californian punk or punk rock......PUNK IS PUNK AND NOTHING ELSE!

OMFG IS THE OFFSPRIG PUNK oR NOT!11???!

God, who gives a damn? Why don't you tell us why it matters, and then we can make a "conclussion".

The_Offspring
12-06-2004, 05:55 PM
I believe they are punk and i nwill stand by that altho i agree wit the guy that said if you asked dex what or who he was he'd probly just say im dexter not im a punk.

samr
12-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Just be glad they don't run around acting like a retard like avril.

Final thought: who cares?

habbo
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM

my answer is Offspring IS Punk
yeah the offsprings punk what the hell do you think they are? pop?(lol) :D

Moose
12-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Once again...can we define punk...and after that is punk music the same as being a punk...i mean there isnt even a universal definition or truth if you will of what is punk...besides i think this is a pointless question anyway, but it would be nice if it were going to be answered, to be answered with some sort of reasoning.

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:48 PM
yeah the offsprings punk what the hell do you think they are? pop?(lol) :D
They are pop.
Pop is short for populair. Which the Offspring is.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:52 PM
Well pop doesn't technically stand for popular... I mean it used to. But now there's a whole different meaning. Jojo is pop... Ashley Simpson is pop. But The Offspring or any other band can be whatever the hell you see them as. Doesn't matter either way. If you like the music, you like it. Who cares? You guys are really hung up on what punk really should be... no one knows.

Italia311
12-06-2004, 06:55 PM
I agree with moose, but if I had to choose I'd say, Not Punk :\

Venom Symbiote
12-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Nope.

Well, "they're punk because they're not" might be an argument, I guess.

Either way, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't consider them a "troo punk, yo!!1! hardkorrr!!!!" band, but I wouldn't WANT them to be. I respect them more for not going with the conventions, and just doing their own thing.

It's the same reason most metal bands hate Metallica - they don't go with the expected flow, and are better musicians because of it. Jealousy, basically.

That being said, I want to see an end to this f*cking "Spare Me The Details" tosh, pronto.

offspringbaby2004
12-06-2004, 10:32 PM
does it really matter? TheOffspring rock, and are the best band ever. Thats all I care about :)

~mandy~

greencows12
12-06-2004, 11:39 PM
offspring is punk. End of discussion.

Venom Symbiote
12-07-2004, 12:40 AM
No, they're not. But it doesn't really matter, because they're a better band because of it.

THAT'S the end of the discussion. ;)

*slap*

OffspringInOz
12-07-2004, 03:13 AM
who cares what genre there in, as long as it sounds good?

T-6005
12-07-2004, 03:18 AM
LoLz, LiEk, tHe OfFsPrInG iS lIeK sO ToTalLy LiEk PuNk.....

LiEk mE n AvRiL, lOlzErz

PuNx n PuNkeRz 4 LiFe.....

T-6005
12-07-2004, 03:18 AM
Wow, I just read what I'd written.... shoot me now.

Not punk, and definitely a positive thing.

OffspringInOz
12-07-2004, 03:19 AM
wIe wEr U TyPiNg liKe tHiS?

IdleOffspring
12-07-2004, 04:23 AM
Offspring = Punk

end of discussion

Special Delivery BR.
12-07-2004, 08:49 AM
Well... its hard to say " punk"or " not punk"... i think that nothing is punk............. every style of music has influences and mixes.......
some songs from the offspring r more punk. .some r less..
isk...
it doesnt matter..... why shoould we discuss abvout that? .... i think that offspring is the best band of the world, being punk or not :D

Bazza
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
originality is the key, not what genre they, as long as they keep coming up with new ideas the thats great

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Well dudes i dont give a fucking shit about how stupid you think this discussion is.....if u entered then ure interested........so do this stupid question please and stop telling how shitty is this topic cause ive seen opics of dexters hair on this forum and many of u where interested

lousyskater
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM
offspring before Ixnay = punk

offspring afer ixnay = not punk

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Well Dude Tell Me Why!?!?!?!?!??!
Americana Isnt Punk???
Conspiracy Of One Isnt Punk???
Splinter Isnt Punk?!?!?!?!?!?

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 09:41 AM
Lets See: Americana Have Punk Fast Ripping Punk Like: Have You Ever Starring At The Sun Feelings Walla Walla The End Of The Line No Brakes Americana......and The Other Songs Are Still Very Punk But With Another Rythm........pretty Fly Is Punk Because The Complete Song Is A Joke To The Rappers......why Dont U Get A Got Is A God Punk Song /dead Kennedys Style) And The Others Are Very Punk In Rythm

Same In Co1 And Splinter

4eh
12-07-2004, 09:52 AM
if you mean punk as a style of living - not......
if you mean punk as a ideology - somewhere
if you mean punk as a music - yes!

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 10:23 AM
well ideology is punk see the lyrics dude......and style f living????? tell me what band has style living!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
NOFX arent
BAD RELIGION ARENT
RAMONES ARENT
SEX PISTOLS ARENT
YOU KNOW WHY????? BECAUSE THOSE BAND ROCK VERY HARD AND THEY SELL ALOT OF CDS THATS WHY THEY WIN ALOT OF MONEY...IN MU NOFX DVD THEY SAY THEY ARE RICH AND HAPPY SO.......PUNK IS NOT A RELIGION DUDE DONT MISSUNDERSTAND...PUNK IS IDEOLOGY AND MUSIC

4eh
12-07-2004, 10:32 AM
you know man, i like all theese bands, exept Sex Pistols! yes i like their music, but they were commercial i think

and under words "style of living" i mean that people, who only drink, doesn't work, have dirty clothes and etc. and they say that they are punks

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Well dude remember this Sex pistols and THE RAMONES are the begginesr of punk......they arent dirty and all that stuff cause the dirty and not workers are fans........i dont know a punk band like that

4eh
12-07-2004, 10:56 AM
i don't know your punk scene exactly, but in Russia there are a lot of bands like that! their music sucks, and there is only one normal band like that - F.P.G. (you don't know it, i think)!

i'll stay my opinion about SP! don't say anything about Ramones

noodlesdec25
12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
but isnt true what im saying about the ramones?

4eh
12-07-2004, 11:18 AM
no, i meant i don't say anything about Ramones! they are great :cool:

Dexter_Holland
12-07-2004, 11:48 AM
i think it is punk :D

enchiladitos
12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
who cares if they are punk. they are great band that makes great music, labeling them is unnecessary and if you are one of those people who won't listen to music because of its label then i feel bad for you are missing out on some good stuff.