http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1858

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Good job, Tijs :)

Tijs
12-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Well yeah.. of course it is at 2.45am. You're always online in the middle of night. Well, local time.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 05:45 PM
Hmm well I'm on at random times usually. 8:45pm at the moment. Why are you up so late? Don't you have university or something?

Tijs
12-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Nope, some things went wrong with school this year. And I have a job in the evening so my biological clock kinda messed up really.

-edit, I wrote today instead of this year...

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 05:49 PM
Ahh I see, sorry to hear about school... sucks. I got all ambitious after seeing how good my average was the past term and now I've been trying harder so it'll be even better for the next. But it doesn't seem to be working out... damn.

What's your job?

Tijs
12-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Meh.. school sucks in general, doesn't matter how hard you try, they always expect better. Which kinda is something what I can't take from nothing or anyone. That's why I got kicked of my first school. I got my diploma in the end though.

My job is doing the dishes in a restaurants, it's not a really fun job, but the people I work with are really cool, and the food's nice.
I also work at concerts where I'm a uhm.. damn, what's the English word for that... Ah well, let's put it like this: I give people their beer or coke or whatever they order. That job doesn't pay at all.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Wouldn't that be a waiter? But hey atleast you have a job, well jobs: even better. Something to keep you occupied :) I need one... though I probably wouldn't have enough time for that. Also need to do 40 hours of community service... just this thing every student has to do by the end of highschool or they won't graduate.

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Wouldn't that be a waiter? But hey atleast you have a job, well jobs: even better. Something to keep you occupied :) I need one... though I probably wouldn't have enough time for that. Also need to do 40 hours of community service... just this thing every student has to do by the end of highschool or they won't graduate.
No not a waiter. I don't actually bring it to them. They just say 'Hey, can I have one beer and a coke please?'. And then I either say 'No.' or 'Sure, hold on.' I give it to them, and they walk away again. Or is that a waiter too?

edit- That community service isn't paid is it? And why don't you have time for a job? Too busy with school?

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:13 PM
I don't really think there's a name for it :confused: sounds like anyone can do it. Since you can practically flip 'em off when you don't feel like getting them what they want. lol

Edit- nope we don't get paid... unfortunately. And yeah, school, don't have enough time for anything else. Apparently my school is the toughest around my area.

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:14 PM
Haha, no I have to give it to them actually, if they hade the money for it.

Oh and I editted my post, but I'll ask it again:
That community service isn't paid is it? And why don't you have time for a job? Too busy with school?

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Yeah I edited mine to answer it :p lol

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:22 PM
Ok :) (I noticed I'm using a lot more smilies while being online at night, than being online in the aternoon).

Edit- nope we don't get paid... unfortunately. And yeah, school, don't have enough time for anything else. Apparently my school is the toughest around my area.
Can't you just get a paid job and say to your school you're doing that instead? Would be more motivating for the students I guess.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:25 PM
Yeah maybe, I'll check up on that. Thanks for asking, it's a good idea.

And maybe you're using more smilies cuz I'm online :p haha sorry I've been conceded lately. lol

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Yeah maybe, I'll check up on that. Thanks for asking, it's a good idea.
The weird thing over here is that you can get a paid job for school, but if you already have it before the time you need to do it for school it doesn't count. At least... I think so, not quite sure though, never had to do that.

And maybe you're using more smilies cuz I'm online :p haha sorry I've been conceded lately. lol
Yeah maybe.. who knows eh :) (did it again).
And what does conceded means? (damn, I feel like a n00b now)

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
The weird thing over here is that you can get a paid job for school, but if you already have it before the time you need to do it for school it doesn't count. At least... I think so, not quite sure though, never had to do that.
Hmm sounds confusing. I think it should still count if you already have it before school.

Yeah maybe.. who knows eh :) (did it again).
And what does conceded means? (damn, I feel like a n00b now)
Aww lol, don't worry. My ex didn't even know what it meant even though he's super smart. And is actually the meaning of it. Conceded in my own words is you know, full of yourself? Someone who thinks highly of themselves, confident to an extent that it pisses people off. lol

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:40 PM
Hmm sounds confusing. I think it should still count if you already have it before school.
Yeah, but hey, that's just not how it works, they make the rules, we have to follow them.

Aww lol, don't worry. My ex didn't even know what it meant even though he's super smart. And is actually the meaning of it. Conceded in my own words is you know, full of yourself? Someone who thinks highly of themselves, confident to an extent that it pisses people off. lol
I understand. But you fail at pissing me off though.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:45 PM
My kind of conceded is in the shallow end, never see me over-doing things. Aww pissing people off is usually my specialty :p lol no.

You're in the Netherlands, correct? Where the hell is that by the way? (feeling like a n00b myself now, I have no idea where anything is.)

Tijs
12-06-2004, 06:53 PM
Yeah I'm from the Netherlands. But how to explain where it is... ah:

Europe, on the right of the UK and on the left of Germany:
http://www.ida.net/users/pbmck/xsovnuc/maps/europe.gif

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 06:57 PM
You're very organized, lol. Gots everything read to post :) thanks for the visual, wouldn't get it another way.

How is it in the Netherlands? Ontario, Canada is extremely boring... and the farthest I've been from my city is 4 hours away. lol

Tijs
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Only 4 hours away? By car or what?
When we go on vacation it's a 12 hour trip by car, and that's to the south of France, a lot of people even go further, south of Spain for example. I've been further than France though.
And as far as how things are here in the Netherlands... well, cold, wet, cloudy, gray. The usual. But that's the way I know it, and that's the way I like it. Our little 'kikkerlandje' as we call it. ('frogcountry', don't ask me why).
I was planning to go to Canada for a few months this year, but I didn't go cause there were too many things to stay for. I might go next year though. To a city called 'Prince Albert'. I think it's called like that, pretty sure. Some of my family live their.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Aww too bad, Prince Albert is no where near me! lol it'd be cool to meet up with someone from the BBS. About my trip, I just went to Toronto by voyager bus... took four hours. Would've been longer on train... I never travel. My dad never has the money. I really want to go to California (mainly to stalk Dexter) haha no, better reasons than that. Just looks like it'd be beautiful there...

Damn I should be taking off now... have a cold and should sleep (hopefully I can miss school tomorrow! yay). Well it's been fun talking to ya- really. BBS is officially worth going to now. lol. I'll talk to you soon, byes =)

Tijs
12-06-2004, 07:16 PM
Aww too bad, Prince Albert is no where near me! lol it'd be cool to meet up with someone from the BBS. About my trip, I just went to Toronto by voyager bus... took four hours. Would've been longer on train... I never travel. My dad never has the money. I really want to go to California (mainly to stalk Dexter) haha no, better reasons than that. Just looks like it'd be beautiful there...

Damn I should be taking off now... have a cold and should sleep (hopefully I can miss school tomorrow! yay). Well it's been fun talking to ya- really. BBS is officially worth going to now. lol. I'll talk to you soon, byes =)
Byebye. We should exchange email, we've been talking to eachother more and more lately.

nitropenguin!
12-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Indeed, okies just look in my profile and you can write me anytime =) or add me to MSN, either way is fine.