PDA

View Full Version : Science Fair Project Ideas

Igniton
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
I really need your help. Can anyone come up with ideas, share past ideas, show good links, or any thing regarding science fair project ideas? I need some ideas because I can't think of anything. I can't have any plant related thing either. Thanks so much.

Sinister
01-25-2006, 06:13 PM
maybe something about sound, with Offspring samples to explain what you mean.
Oh, I just remembered I had to do a big paper about the influence of music on people's agressiveness some time ago.

Igniton
01-25-2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah I was thinking in that category, because there are alot of songs that I might run faster when hearing or whatever and I wanted to know if any one else did that... but I do not know how I would do that as an experiment. Any ideas there?

Endymion
01-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh, I just remembered I had to do a big paper about the influence of music on people's agressiveness some time ago.
Stravinsky gets my blood pumping more than XBXRX does. just as an input for you.

what level of science fair are we talking about? i've owned many a science fair in my day...

All About Eve
01-25-2006, 06:49 PM
Beethoven gets me adrenalized.

Twinkle
01-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh my gosh, ice cube melting times. Which one melts faster, an ice cube in purified water, or an ice cube in salt water? Independent Variables: Purified water and salt water. Dependent Variable: Ice cube. Control: Ice cube melting in air. All should be room temperature, or at least the same temperature. And make sure the amounts of water are the same measurements.

0r4ng3
01-25-2006, 08:29 PM
You could always try "The Effects of Gasoline...on Fire".

Twinkle
01-25-2006, 08:33 PM

Goood One! I wonder what the guy would use as his hypothesis?

Endymion
01-25-2006, 11:25 PM
i've always liked the rather dramatic proof that ice is less dense than water. take a big frozen ice cube, tie some wire to a brick, and hang the brick from the ice cube. having two pieces of wood with a cenimeter gap between them, and then put some legs on it or something works. anyway, the pressure from the wire is enough compact the ice enough to cause it to liquify ('cause liquid water is more dense than ice), but the water is still below freezing so it will refreeze above the wire. after a minute or two you have an ice cube with the wire right through the middle. all this in an open room.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2006, 11:28 PM

I love you.

As far as the fair, two words: distance spitting. Build from there.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Anything involving a fire. Or explosions. Magnesium gives off a nice flame when burned. Then, even if you don't win, all your classmates will think you are the coolest ever.

That_Guy91
01-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Last year two of my friends did a study on which hairspray burns the fastest.

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Last year two of my friends did a study on which hairspray burns the fastest.

...on somebody's head?

peko
01-26-2006, 12:15 AM
^ Haha, I don't think anyone would willingly subject to that.

I remember back in 8th grade, I tried doing a project where I would mix coffee and coca-cola and see how long I would be wired for. My teacher didn't think it was a good idea though. :(

Sin Studly
01-26-2006, 12:32 AM
I really need your help. Can anyone come up with ideas, share past ideas, show good links, or any thing regarding science fair project ideas? I need some ideas because I can't think of anything. I can't have any plant related thing either. Thanks so much.

Study the sociological effects of your own suicide on your 'loved ones'.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Study the sociological effects of your own suicide on your 'loved ones'.

Fucking BRILLIANT.

Endymion
01-26-2006, 08:34 AM
fuck magnesium. just toss some sodium in water.

Igniton
01-29-2006, 10:11 AM
I decided I was going to do mine on stereotypes. I will show pictures of people. And the thing is you are in a waiting room and you have to sit by at least one of these people. What seat do you pick? I will have like a Marilyn Manson looking guy, a Paris Hilton looking chick, a 50 Cent or Ludacris looking guy, a Middle Eastern person, those kind of things.

JoY
01-29-2006, 10:35 AM
I once did a project on the exact effect of smoking on the lungs. of course then you have to do tests with smokers & non-smokers in a hospital's bodybox to find out their vital lungcapacity & things like that.

recently I did research on how exercise (also vacuumcleaning, gardening & biking to school, etc, included) affects your general health by meassuring blood pressure, vital lungcapacity & 'fitness' (based on pulse) of 321 first year medicine students.

I don't know what it's for, but my friend once did do this research on hearing (for school) involving frequences & shit. apparently, given you have the right instruments & machines, it's quite easy to do.

JoY
01-29-2006, 10:36 AM
I decided I was going to do mine on stereotypes. I will show pictures of people. And the thing is you are in a waiting room and you have to sit by at least one of these people. What seat do you pick? I will have like a Marilyn Manson looking guy, a Paris Hilton looking chick, a 50 Cent or Ludacris looking guy, a Middle Eastern person, those kind of things.
the level of science in that reminds me of Sesame Street. *disappointed glare*

killer_queen
01-29-2006, 11:51 AM
fuck magnesium. just toss some sodium in water.
He's right. But don't forget you must hold the sodium with wet hands. Really wet hands or your hands get fucked up. Wash your hands before you touch the sodium. This is important.

Endymion
01-29-2006, 11:57 AM
He's right. But don't forget you must hold the sodium with wet hands. Really wet hands or your hands get fucked up. Wash your hands before you touch the sodium. This is important.
yeah. it's almost funny to see people who think latex gloves are good enough protection when handling sodium.

JoY
01-29-2006, 12:39 PM
*mouth drops* amazing.

*Edit: wait a second, have to pick up my mouth from the floor, cuz I meant jaw lawlz.

Tizzalicious
01-29-2006, 12:43 PM
I have no idea what you could do.

But please change your avatar, it's giving me migraines and a stroke.