PDA

View Full Version : Mest

punker
01-25-2006, 05:47 PM
lately I've been hearing their name everywhere but i dont know why, so im thinkin on buying some album of them but first I wanted to ask someone if their are good or are crap, because i dont want to buy something that i'll hate, or will get covered with dust, so what do you think of them, and mainly what kind of punk (they are punk right?) are they

>:->
01-25-2006, 05:50 PM
from what I know, shit

coke_a_holic
01-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Absolutely terrible.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Truly one of the most god-awful bands I've ever heard in my life. "Cadillac" easily ranks in my "Top 10 Worst Songs of All Time" list.

If I say that they're not "punk," will you refrain from buying it? Because honestly, I'll do whatever it takes to damage their album sales. OK, I'll just say it: they're not punk. *dies*

opivy21
01-25-2006, 06:17 PM
They are about as much punk as the spice girls were, maybe a little less. But seriously, I've only heard them once, and it was on the emo channel (fuse), and it was pretty bad imo.

0r4ng3
01-25-2006, 06:18 PM
You MEST avoid them.

omgpun!

Tired_Of_You
01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
They are horrible. Don't ever buy one of their CD. That's the best advice I can give you.

jacknife737
01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Their not that bad. Destination Unknown is the album you should buy if you are considering listening to this band. Oh yeah, their breaking up this year.

endlesst0m
01-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I figured Mest would break up soon. Mest tried to be trendy and it worked for a while, but they soon ended up too emo for the punkers and too punk for the emo kids.

bd007h
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM
I got a free demo cd of theirs when I bought Splinter. I listened to it once, and never touched it since. It sucked.

All About Eve
01-26-2006, 01:07 PM
and mainly what kind of punk are they

Bad .

Igniton
01-26-2006, 02:27 PM
some of their music is alright, but not alot... some of the only good songs: What's The Dillio?, Cadillac, and Jaded (These Years).

punker
01-26-2006, 03:27 PM
lol, everybody hates it, then im not buying their shit, thanks

original_prankster
01-26-2006, 06:07 PM
Truly one of the most god-awful bands I've ever heard in my life. "Cadillac" easily ranks in my "Top 10 Worst Songs of All Time" list.

If I say that they're not "punk," will you refrain from buying it? Because honestly, I'll do whatever it takes to damage their album sales. OK, I'll just say it: they're not punk. *dies*
I agree with this person.

They are NOT punk. They're just a harder version of Good Charlotte to me. Their songs are terribly annoying and they get stuck in my head everytime I hear them, making me contemplate suicide.

Igniton
01-27-2006, 08:45 PM
i seemed to like Cadillac... i blame the video game MX Superfly

XYlophonetreeZ
01-28-2006, 01:01 AM
some of their music is alright, but not alot... some of the only good songs: What's The Dillio?, Cadillac, and Jaded (These Years).
I'm not sure which song was more laughable. I mean, on the one hand, there's Cadillac (a bunch of white, tattooed, spiky-haired Good Charlotte soundalikes singing "Top down seat back, rollin' in my Cadillac *horrible scratching noises and the most overdone thumpy bassline I've heard in my life*). But then on the other hand, there's What's the Dillio (a bunch of white, tattoed, spiky-haired Good Charlotte soundalikes singing "What's the di-di, the dillio, dillio. What's the di-di, the deal?" with some kind of vaguely reggae-sounding beat). Tough, tough call.

lol, everybody hates it, then im not buying their shit, thanks
I will tell tales of your great wisdom.

Igniton
01-28-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm not sure which song was more laughable. I mean, on the one hand, there's Cadillac (a bunch of white, tattooed, spiky-haired Good Charlotte soundalikes singing "Top down seat back, rollin' in my Cadillac *horrible scratching noises and the most overdone thumpy bassline I've heard in my life*). But then on the other hand, there's What's the Dillio (a bunch of white, tattoed, spiky-haired Good Charlotte soundalikes singing "What's the di-di, the dillio, dillio. What's the di-di, the deal?" with some kind of vaguely reggae-sounding beat). Tough, tough call.

eh.. well i still blame the video game MX Superfly in getting me into that stuff