PDA

View Full Version : are the offspring slipting up

matty
01-26-2006, 05:10 AM
i have heard that the offspring are spliting up and being called the ophans is this true

neocon58
01-26-2006, 05:14 AM
i have heard that the offspring are spliting up and being called the ophans is this true

Yeah, it's true. Dexter and Greg are going into the Orphans with the guy from NOFX for a side project and Noodles is now living in Taiwan with his 7 year old slave chung lee pow, Gary Glitter style.

Or not.

matty
01-26-2006, 05:26 AM
Yeah, it's true. Dexter and Greg are going into the Orphans with the guy from NOFX for a side project and Noodles is now living in Taiwan with his 7 year old slave chung lee pow, Gary Glitter style.

Or not.
that sucks cause i havent seen them live yet

kami_mathieu
01-26-2006, 05:58 AM
^you are hahahahahahaha.

darko
01-26-2006, 06:21 AM
from the man himself

We are NOT quitting.

Unless I get that job in the Goofy costume at Disneylines.

so start preying he doesnt get that job!

matty
01-26-2006, 06:23 AM
i am they r the best band in the world

icklebabygremlin
01-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Im listing to a interview with noodles and he just said we are not slipting up

Andy
01-26-2006, 09:09 AM
we are at slipting up
Huh?? :confused:

Let's hope they don't feel like taking a break and form a Green Day/DEVO-esque 80s band :eek:

platinumpt
01-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Neocon's post is hilarious (sorry I forgot to quote ;P)

If Atom really leaves it's gonna be fucked up, they'll have to choose another drummer to do the live shows. But well, I think The Offspring core is really Dexter and Noodles, so as long as both stay, I still consider them as The Offspring.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-26-2006, 11:19 AM
from the man himself

im still saying itd be hilarious if he auditioned, to go through all the stupid stuff i had to do to get the job. haha

Tired_Of_You
01-26-2006, 12:24 PM
What...WHAT? matty didn't take it seriously? I'm too tired, right? It's a case of "omg lolz"!

But well, I think The Offspring core is really Dexter and Noodles, so as long as both stay, I still consider them as The Offspring.What about Greg? Dexter and Greg formed the band in 1984. Noodles wasn't there at the very beginning.

icklebabygremlin
01-26-2006, 12:30 PM
What...WHAT? matty didn't take it seriously? I'm too tired, right? It's a case of "omg lolz"!
What about Greg? Dexter and Greg formed the band in 1984. Noodles wasn't there at the very beginning.
taken the words right out of my mouth

platinumpt
01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
What about Greg? Dexter and Greg formed the band in 1984. Noodles wasn't there at the very beginning.
Yes, yes you're so right!!! But I can see Greg easily replaced, but not Dexter or Noodles. that's what I meant when I used the term "core", I wasn't referring to The Offspring origins.

shnooble
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Yes, yes you're so right!!! But I can see Greg easily replaced, but not Dexter or Noodles. that's what I meant when I used the term "core", I wasn't referring to The Offspring origins.

Greg can't be replaced. Never

icklebabygremlin
01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Well i think if greg was fired or left etc and think he could be replaced but i dont think dexter whould have coz they started the band and they have been friends for years

DICKON
01-26-2006, 12:47 PM

If Atom really leaves it's gonna be fucked up, they'll have to choose another drummer to do the live shows. But well, I think The Offspring core is really Dexter and Noodles, so as long as both stay, I still consider them as The Offspring.

and greg k, him and dexter formed the offspring.

nameless
01-26-2006, 03:58 PM
i think if greg k were to leave they would be able to replace him, things wouldnt be the same but you cant expect them to be as weve seen with ron leaving!

H1T_That
01-26-2006, 04:00 PM
from the man himself

when did he say this?

Nirushika6789
01-26-2006, 04:00 PM
IF Greg left he could be replaced but it wouldn't be the same without him...

His kickass stance and awesome bass skills...

Yes Noodles and Dexter are the frontmen but Greg and Dexter started the band...and Greg is just as important as the others...

:D

Nirushika6789
01-26-2006, 04:01 PM
when did he say this?
Ages ago...he posted it on here

Tired_Of_You
01-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Personally, I think Greg is as important as Dexter or Noodles. It's not because he never talks during interviews or he looks ready to kill that he's not important. Furthermore, the way Greg "dances" during shows is fun. I wouldn't want anyone to take his place, because he wouldn't be able to dance like him. Imagine if he'd leave the band, the only original members left would be Dexter and Noodles*.

* Don't tell me something like : "WTF NOODLES wasNT there at teh begining of teh bandz!!!1". I know that. What I mean is that Noodles have been in the band for so long, that it's almost as if he is an original member. I don't know if the original guitarist left Manic Subsidal before they changed their name to The Offspring.

Dex90
01-26-2006, 04:45 PM

Ye but atom has become such a HUGE part of the offspring, without him it will be so weird and depressing

bd007h
01-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Mods, please lock this thread

offspring_freak_3
01-26-2006, 09:45 PM
IF Greg left he could be replaced but it wouldn't be the same without him...

His kickass stance and awesome bass skills...

Yes Noodles and Dexter are the frontmen but Greg and Dexter started the band...and Greg is just as important as the others...

:D
i second that . they cant be replaced, not anymore. the band is great the way it is. i wouldnt change nothing

killboybowerhead
01-26-2006, 11:13 PM
i think gregs bass lines have a lot to do with the song structures. i like greg a lot. Out of all of them originally i liked ron the least even though i did like his drumming atom seemed cool but it was obvious he wasnt going to be around much longer. but yeah, the whole drummer thing, its not too important right now i think

>:->
01-26-2006, 11:31 PM
The Offspring are splitting up because their fans disappoint them. Also, they want to spend more time on the internet, posting on message boards.

thecavedog
01-27-2006, 01:43 AM
MATTY, how old are you?

D!stortion
01-27-2006, 06:57 AM
Greg can't and won't ever be replaced. He is a bass god. Dexter and Greg started the band... Before they even knew how to play instruments. Then they got their friend to do drums or something, I forget. Noodles is an original member of The Offspring, he WAS there at the very beginning, but he was NOT a founder of Manic Subsidal. He was a member of Manic when the name was changed though. They all founded Offspring, it wasn't just Greg and Dexter, the first members of Manic Subsidal. How many more times must I say this? I hope I won't have to again. Offspring is NOT splitting up, they enjoy it too much and they have a contract, they have to put out 2 more records before they can stop.

dain84
01-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Bass legend?

Dream on.

bd007h
01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Bass god??? HAHAHA. Greg's got nothing on Flea

That_Guy91
01-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Bass god??? HAHAHA. Greg's got nothing on Flea
Quit being so fanboyish. There are dozens of other bassists that you can say are better than both.

Nirushika6789
01-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Quit being so fanboyish. There are dozens of other bassists that you can say are better than both.
Yes...

(10)

dain84
01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Idiot. Flea is obviously much more skilled than Greg K. Not that Greg is bad, but he isn't even close to being a legend.

Hypodermic_89
01-27-2006, 04:01 PM

The Offspring CORE is Dexter and Greg.. Dammit :P

Nirushika6789
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Idiot. Flea is obviously much more skilled than Greg K. Not that Greg is bad, but he isn't even close to being a legend.
No, he is not an idiot...As much as I like Brett he does go on a lot about his favourite bands eg A7X, Foo Fighters and Flea in this case...

He compares everyone to them, but anyways Brett you know I love you :p

That_Guy91
01-27-2006, 04:06 PM
I didn't say Greg was better. I was just telling Brett that he didn't have to mention Flea specifically.

bd007h
01-27-2006, 04:35 PM
saying flea is a bass legend isn't being a fan boy. Flea is a bass legend. There is no denying that.

dain84
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
^^ Exactly. Go to a bass forum, Flea is practically worshipped.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Sorry for continuing this, but Flea doesn't have alot on Billy Sheehan either.

Crazy? You Decide.

http://www.bassmasta.net/b/billy_sheehan/145631.html

now, after saying that, could i ask why the moderators haven't closed this thread already? they close all the others about this topic.

dain84
01-27-2006, 06:25 PM
Sorry for continuing this, but Flea doesn't have alot on Billy Sheehan either.

Crazy? You Decide.

http://www.bassmasta.net/b/billy_sheehan/145631.html

now, after saying that, could i ask why the moderators haven't closed this thread already? they close all the others about this topic.
Well, of course he doesn't. But Billy is just a shredder! Flea's playing goes with the music perfectly.

Little_Miss_1565
01-27-2006, 07:55 PM

Your wish is my command.

By the way, Flea was taught everything he knows by the REAL BASS MASTER---Mike Watt.