PDA

View Full Version : Dc++

Lithuanian Offspring
01-26-2006, 09:53 AM
I just downloaded DC++ and I have no idea how to use it. The search has no friggin' search button. This is really frustrating, I figured someone here could give me some tips, or atleast tell me how to start the damn thing.

nieh
01-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Does hitting enter work?

Lithuanian Offspring
01-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Nice try. But I think I've already done that.

offspringrammsteinfan
01-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I downloaded that a while back to. You need to get on a chatbox there and then you see on the right a list of people. Click on one. Then you download a list of them which is saying which music he has. You can double click on a item of that and download that stuf.

My opinion about this downloadprogram is that it's the worst thing ever. I would suggest you to download Emule or Bitcomet which are way better - without such a stupid system and just a normal search button which gives you results. Delete DC++

Lithuanian Offspring
01-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I downloaded that a while back to. You need to get on a chatbox there and then you see on the right a list of people. Click on one. Then you download a list of them which is saying which music he has. You can double click on a item of that and download that stuf.

My opinion about this downloadprogram is that it's the worst thing ever. I would suggest you to download Emule or Bitcomet which are way better - without such a stupid system and just a normal search button which gives you results. Delete DC++
I totally agree. Thank you for making life so much clearer for me.

platinumpt
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
That's a great peer-to-peer program (or so i've been told), I'm trying to use it too, but the truth is I haven't worked on it much lately, because I already use e-mule and I'm too lazy to learn how to use a new program with the same features. Try e-mule

http://www.emule-project.net

Isolated Fury
01-26-2006, 10:51 AM
It's great on closed networks, though.

offspringrammsteinfan
01-26-2006, 11:01 AM
That's a great peer-to-peer program (or so i've been told), I'm trying to use it too, but the truth is I haven't worked on it much lately, because I already use e-mule and I'm too lazy to learn how to use a new program with the same features. Try e-mule

http://www.emule-project.net

emule is good but I still work on it to get a high id. Which I just don't seem to get eventhough I opened my TCP and UDP ports :mad: . Now I only download with 15 kb/s :o

nieh
01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
It's great on closed networks, though.

DC++ is Direct Connect, right? I thought it was only used on closed networks, mostly at colleges and stuff.

platinumpt
01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
ewwww man that sucks!!! Do you have a router? You got to open the ports 4662 and 4672 in your firewall! Then you'll get high ID.

offspringrammsteinfan
01-26-2006, 11:04 AM
ewwww man that sucks!!! Do you have a router? You got to open the ports 4662 and 4672 in your firewall! Then you'll get high ID.

Already did that but it just doesn't seem to work :mad:

platinumpt
01-26-2006, 11:08 AM
Well I'm sorry then, but my e-mule-configuration expertise ends right here :o

Try to find tutorials on google, you might get some explanations!

offspringrammsteinfan
01-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Well I'm sorry then, but my e-mule-configuration expertise ends right here :o

Try to find tutorials on google, you might get some explanations!

Already searched but they all tell the same things. Open the ports. :o I already opened them.

Well I'll just be waiting till the boyfriend of my sister (she lives at rooms so I don't see them much) will come over here for a weekend (probably over three weeks) and then I ask him to help me out (he's a computergenius).

Waitin', waitin', and I would love to have my copy of "the chronicles of narnia" which I'm downloading now is finished so I can watch it, but hell... Waitin' waitin'...

Isolated Fury
01-26-2006, 11:26 AM
DC++ is Direct Connect, right? I thought it was only used on closed networks, mostly at colleges and stuff.
That's what I thought. It's what we use here for file sharing throughout the university.

sKratch
01-26-2006, 11:41 AM
DC++ is absolutely amazing on campus. It's probably not as usefull when just using the internet, because you have to have information for a hub to connect to and youi'll get normal download speeds.