PDA

View Full Version : What really grinds your gears?

endlesst0m
01-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Haha, I know this same idea was on Family Guy, but I thought it might make an entertaining thread...

So...what really grinds your gears? Just write about anything that you find to be really annoying in here.

sk8ter-hater
01-26-2006, 05:26 PM
I just got into this afterschool thingamagig, that is the exactly one of the questions the teacher dude asked us. Exactly like this one. And umm.... new songs.

Not Ozymandias
01-26-2006, 05:27 PM
People who like Family Guy.

endlesst0m
01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I really hate it when I'm hanging out with people really late at night, and then 12 o'clock arrives, and someone says something like "Man, I can't wait for that football game tommorow", but really it's not tommorow as far as everyone else is concerned, but technically it is, since it's passed 12. It's like they say that just so they can feel so proud that they realized that its technically the next day.

T-6005
01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm in complete agreement.

peko
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM
What's wrong with Family Guy?

endlesst0m
01-26-2006, 05:33 PM

I think someone people say they don't like Family Guy just for the sake of rebelling against something thats popular, and successful. I'm not saying you are, but I think a lot of people do that.

There is one thing I hate about that show, though. It almost like the plot is designed around the jokes, unlike the other way around.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2006, 05:36 PM
It almost like the plot is designed around the jokes, unlike the other way around.

There's no "almost" about it. This is why Family Guy is absolutely hilarious in shot-glass doses of about 5 minutes each, but usually horribly boring otherwise. This is also why I can say that I like the show but I never want to watch it and am never in the mood to watch it.

Not Ozymandias
01-26-2006, 06:27 PM
More:
-People who call soda "pop"
-Christians (any religious people, really, but especially American Xians)
-People who barely speak any English but have lived in America way too long for this to be acceptable
-Fans of evil sports teams

Sunny
01-26-2006, 06:45 PM
More:
-People who barely speak any English but have lived in America way too long for this to be acceptable

totally seconded. this is gonna make me sound like an asshole, but let's face it: if you've lived in an English-speaking country for longer than 4-5 years and still can't speak the god damned language to save your life... you have a problem, buddy.

ugh.

JohnnyNemesis
01-26-2006, 06:54 PM
It depends on what language we're talking about and what situation these people are in. If you're living in a mostly English-speaking neighborhood (like the two of you) and don't learn the language, then yeah, it's a problem. If you're like most of my family, however, living in an area where it truly is more important to speak Spanish than English (these places DO exist in America, y'know), then it really doesn't matter.

As far as businesses go, I say fuck that: you want to accomodate more people and get more money, learn Spanish your goddamn self. If people in the workplace aren't going to look at the social constructions that make it so that these people don't have access to the language in the same way, they need to cram it.

Rag Doll
01-26-2006, 07:00 PM
the language thing will be less of a problem now that kids are required to take spanish in school, starting at a young age.

lots of things bug me. at this very second, it's overpriced textbooks. UGH

T-6005
01-26-2006, 07:07 PM
English majors who believe that juxtaposing 12 different oxymorons per sentence will make them seem "deep" or "meaningful".

English majors who believe that resorting to swear words and gruesome imagery makes their writing more "intense", "real", or "raw".

The majority of English or Professional Writing majors in general.

Sunny
01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
It depends on what language we're talking about and what situation these people are in. If you're living in a mostly English-speaking neighborhood (like the two of you) and don't learn the language, then yeah, it's a problem. If you're like most of my family, however, living in an area where it truly is more important to speak Spanish than English (these places DO exist in America, y'know), then it really doesn't matter.

well, living in New York, i AM aware of that. =p it's the same deal as Chinatown or Flushing, or even parts of Greenpoint - people living there don't really speak English, nor do they need to.

but i am bothered by non-English speaking people having interaction-based jobs in English-speaking neighborhoods... and not being able to perform them.. cause, fuck, YOU CANT COMMUNICATE WITH THEM! asdlfgkn!!12

XYlophonetreeZ
01-26-2006, 07:40 PM
People who like Family Guy.Seconded.
Also:
-People who quote some kind of popular "indie" lyrics in their AIM profiles in a combination of 3 colors and "strategically" placed bold, italics, and underline.

-Indie lyrics in general. I hate how the goal has become to say small things in the most drawn-out, pretentious way possible rather than saying a lot in few words.

-People who use unnecessary ellipses all the time to make themselves seem more pensive.

-People who use high-beam headlights on well-lit roads.

-Having to go back to my old high school to watch my brother's basketball games and having to socialize with parents who I don't even recognize and my horribly annoying former Spanish teacher who loved me for some stupid reason.

-Driving behind Buicks. They're ALWAYS the slowest cars on the road.

-Bandwagon Red Sox fans. No matter how much people want to bitch about the Yankees, and yes, they are justified, there's no denying that the Boston Red Sox bandwagon is the biggest recent bandwagon in sports.

-People who are like "You're current browser sucks. GET FIREFOX FIREFOX its the most kickass web browser evar!!!!!11 8===========D " Shut up. Yes, it's a good browser. But did you design it? No. Did you discover it? No. Why do you fucking care? Besides, everyone knows about Firefox already. I don't understand the pleasure people get out of pimping it. Sometimes people just piss me off.

-Athletes who retire and think they're "going out on top." Also, people's lack of realization that this is stupid. Take Roger Clemens. He was going to retire after a good season with the Yankees. "Classy move, going out on top," said all the cheesedick analysts. But oh, wait! The guy stays for a couple more years in Houston and pitches two of the best years he ever has. How the fuck does one know that they were ever "on top" unless they've started to decline? I have much greater admiration for the athletes that stay in the game longer until they're stuck on the bench and can't get into the game.

-Finally, I try to stay away from racism and prejudice in general, but I can't deny that I kind of hate the following:
-Jews
-Indians
-Koreans
-Greeks
-The French
-Bostonians

That is all.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Ahhh.... Good 'ol Peter Griffin...

-people that chew with their mouths open
-people that talk to me, but I have no idea who they are
-People that listen to Green Day because they think they are the first ones to make a rock album with a story. (Pink Floyd's The Wall anyone?)
-People that try to shove food down my throat when I'm not hungry
-people that try to make me do stuff I don't wan to do

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Drummers .

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:05 PM
:eek:

*faints*

coke_a_holic
01-26-2006, 08:08 PM
People that don't realize their own incompetence.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
People that don't realize their own incompetence.

Luckily I'm fully aware of mine.

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Shut up you drummer.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Shut up you drummer.

Pfft! I'm better than you! :p

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Pfft! I'm better than you! :p
At drums. Drummer.

GreenTerror
01-26-2006, 08:16 PM
You two act like a married couple.

Who's the bitch?

How about, the next one of you who replies to this...

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:17 PM
He's my bitch, bitch.

GreenTerror
01-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Wanna fight, nigga?

I'll cut your face, bitch.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:23 PM
She'll do it. I'm serious. And you are obviously the bitch here.

lenar
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I really hate any kind of bone cracking. The sound drives me insane.

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:33 PM
She'll do it. I'm serious. And you are obviously the bitch here.
Calm down, ho'. 'fore I gotta start shankin'.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Don't forget about this...

How about, the next one of you who replies to this...

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Wanna fight, nigga?

I'll cut your face, bitch.
I'm gonna cut you up so bad, you gonna wish I no cut you up so bad.

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Don't forget about this...
*shank* .

Sunny
01-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Seconded.

-People who quote some kind of popular "indie" lyrics in their AIM profiles in a combination of 3 colors and "strategically" placed bold, italics, and underline.
-People who use unnecessary ellipses all the time to make themselves seem more pensive.

oh yeah? OH YEAH?

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:37 PM
*shank* .

You wish. Don't make me sic' Shelby on you. She will destroy you with her tiki torch. :mad:

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:38 PM
You wish. Don't make me sic' Shelby on you. She will destroy you with her tiki torch. :mad:
Biotch, I eat tiki torches for breakfast.

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
And she would in turn, eat you for breakfast. And what kind of sick freak eats a tiki torch for breakfast?

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
The shankin' kind!

*shank*

Drummerguy123
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
-__-

wow.

*cough* retard *cough*

XYlophonetreeZ
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
You two, quit crapping up this thread. Take it to AIM or something.

That_Guy91
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
We were done.

original_prankster
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
-People who are prejudice.
-People who are ignorant.
-Die-hard My Chemical Romance fangirls who won't shut up about Gerard Way 'cause "hez s0o0o0o0o hawt!1!!"
-Kids who scream and yell simply 'cause they got something they didn't like on something they were eating.
-The Exploited after they went metal.
-A few Bright Eyes songs.
-Coldplay.
-Otep.
-People that wear Misfits/Ramones shirts that don't even know they're a a band.
-Gorilla Biscuits.
-Donny Osmond.
-Uwe Boll.
-Michael Bay.
-Brad Pitt.
-Tom Cruise.
-Keanu Reeves.
-Any other pretty boy actors that have no talent.
-Boybands. ALL boybands.
-Mainstream rap.
-Those people who are like "I GESS U DUNT LEIK FREEDOM!!1!" if you're a left-winger.
-The System Of A Down song "Lonely Day".
-The show "Crank Yankers".
-The show "Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends." For some reason, my mom really likes it.
-The show "Friends." It's not funny. I'm sorry, it just...isn't.
-Country music.
-Bluegrass.
-The movie "Spiderman 2".
-The movie "Van Helsing".
-The "Blade" trilogy.
-Pennywise's hardcore fans cuz they think they're so punk rawk for hating popular music...well, that's only judging from the short time I spent on their message board...
-Rollerblades.
-Skateboards.
-All sports.
-The people who say "WHY ARE YOU USING INTERNET EXPLORER IT SUX YOU SHOULD HAVE FIREFOX!!!!!" Someone mentioned that earlier.
-Chaos UK.

Eh...that's all for NOW, anyway.

I could have just typed "80 percent of the people here" instead of typing the first two things on my list. =/

Preocupado
01-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Windows... Is the only thing that have recently abused my humour.

Sunny
01-26-2006, 09:38 PM
anyway, stuff that pisses me off, in no particular order.

dogs that bark incessantly
people who push in front of me in the subway or on escalators
when my phone starts vibrating in class
the really fucking obnoxious black kids in Union Square in their embossed jackets... who constantly fucking yell and scream at the top of their lungs
design and management highlighted blondes
fashion people
fake LV bags on frumpy people... you're not fooling anyone in your stretched out old navy sweats
clear bra straps
when i visit someones myspace and they have music on it and i'm listening to my OWN music and they just merge into one big stream of noise =/
not being able to sleep and knowing you have to wake up soon
militant vegans
militant atheists
militant sXers
militant anythings
people with an unjustified superiority complex
people who burp, fart, crack their knuckles and spit
cingular wireless

bah!

and yes, Windows. and PC users who claim "macs suck" and have never even laid their filthy paws on a mac.

original_prankster
01-26-2006, 09:41 PM
OOOH! I forgot to add something.

-People who burp and fart in the movie theater/in public and laugh about it.

Thanks for reminding me, sunny. =D

T-6005
01-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Seconded.
BLABLABLA
Thirded, biatch

I fucking love you, man. If you were gay and I was truly gay as opposed to homonotsexual (which is what people here refer to me as), I'd do you. Up the ass. Lubed or unlubed, whichever way you wanted it.

Oh, and I fucking <3 Sunny in this thread. Why must you be married?

yay
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
People who get angry at me at partys for being drunk just because they are to pussy to drink!! Fuck I cant stand them. Also people with extremely high morals which prevent them from having fun. I was at a party last week when a stripper came out and did a lap dance for a friend of mine at his 18th. 2 mates of mine went around the corner and refused to watch because its against their morals. They are 18 for Christs Sake!! No girlfriends or parents their to tell them what to do, I got almost depressed thinking about it.

Lastly people who don't act there age. I know it sounds kinda dumb coming from an 18 year old who used to spam, but last week an 18 year old guy at the party started (Without being drunk) throwing bottle caps at my head and blaming other people. That really shits me.

Ahhh, it feels so good to let all that out.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Thirded, biatch

I fucking love you, man. If you were gay and I was truly gay as opposed to homonotsexual (which is what people here refer to me as), I'd do you. Up the ass. Lubed or unlubed, whichever way you wanted it.

Oh, and I fucking <3 Sunny in this thread. Why must you be married?
Lube is for pussies.

peko
01-26-2006, 10:40 PM
Can't think of a lot at the moment, but the one that's at the top of my head is old Asian ladies in supermarkets.

yay
01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Can't think of a lot at the moment, but the one that's at the top of my head is old Asian ladies in supermarkets.Thats so true. I work at a supermarket and it shits me how they just walk right in front of you while you are working and just stand there.

T-6005
01-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Lastly people who don't act there age. I know it sounds kinda dumb coming from an 18 year old who used to spam, but last week an 18 year old guy at the party started (Without being drunk) throwing bottle caps at my head and blaming other people. That really shits me.

Believe it or not, man, but I appreciate you a lot more when you don't bother about how you used to "spam" or "be controversial". I don't give a shit. So don't bother - express your opinion, and I think you'll be surprised how quickly people here will agree with you. You're not an idiot - just occasionally deluded.

T-6005
01-26-2006, 11:11 PM
Lube is for pussies.
In that case, you'd better smile through the tears, bitch.

yay
01-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Believe it or not, man, but I appreciate you a lot more when you don't bother about how you used to "spam" or "be controversial". I don't give a shit. So don't bother - express your opinion, and I think you'll be surprised how quickly people here will agree with you. You're not an idiot - just occasionally deluded.I was just trying to clear up what I gathered some people might throw back at me. Point taken though.

Tizzalicious
01-27-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll continue the language thing:

- People who suck at English, but use it in a non-English setting to be cool. Like...people who, on a Dutch message board say things like: I went too the movie's today. If you don't speak English, don't do it when you don't need to.
- Babies who cry constantly
- The stupid annoying teens who hang out outside ny house at night and are really noisy
- Spilling toothpaste on my clothes
- My aunt who keeps calling for my mom, but doesn't let the phone ring long enough for me to get downstairs and pick it up. So I run, pick up, and hear beep beep beep.
- Peoplw ho said unoriginal things like: "It's not carnival yet!" or "Hey, it's pippi longstockings!" when I had pink hair, and thought they were so funny and original, when actually I heard it 10 times a day.

peko
01-27-2006, 01:05 AM
- Spilling toothpaste on my clothes

Agh, I hate that too. I usually wipe it off hoping it didn't stain, but then it dries up a few minutes later leaving white crusty stuff.

Tizzalicious
01-27-2006, 01:12 AM
It always stains, no matter how much water you use to wipe it off. Grrrr.

T-6005
01-27-2006, 02:02 AM
It always stains, no matter how much water you use to wipe it off. Grrrr.
Way to be le disgusting.

Tizzalicious
01-27-2006, 02:25 AM
Way to take my post out of context :(

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Non-smokers who do the fake-coughing when you light up.

HF8EFVREVBREHV8REYVBRVUF!!!!

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 07:54 AM
People who try using big words to sound smarter, but only end up sounding pretentious, and thus, sounding like an idiot.

The other day, my gym teacher used the word "mediocricy". For the second time.

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 08:21 AM
hmmm

Alazinders
People who dye their hair
People who don't shave their legs
People who are like 1/6th the size of my bed but seem to be able to take up half and leave me in a crack
When my school doesn't inform me that my classes are cancelled
actually school in general, I've really come to hate going there
I have an intense hate for baby carriages
Mac users, I have never met anybody more sensitive about a product
U2, I hate Bono
People who drink Smirnoff

Kerr
01-27-2006, 08:33 AM
- People who take things too seriously.
- People who insult others FOR NO REASON.
- People who go behind you back and are too pussy-like to say it to your face (I am pointing the finger at friends who do this)
- Hype about bands that aren't even that good e.g. The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, Hot Hot Heat, Pennywise, The Offspring, Green Day, Korn, to name several.
- Boring, trivial music
- Bad remakes of classic films
- Constant, unecessary bitching or whining about labels, even labels that don't/shouldn't really exist e.g. "chavs" or "emos".

Tizzalicious
01-27-2006, 08:47 AM
people who keep pulling me towards them when I try to give them space in the bed, and then complain they are in the crack.

lolz, crack btw.

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
People who drink Smirnoff

You hate people that drink Smirnoff? Why? I like plenty of Smirnoff drinks...

Speaking of drinking...I hate lame fratboys who base thier whole life around drinking, and have no other hobbies or interests.I also can't stand people that always have to announce how drunk they are.

Tizzalicious
01-27-2006, 09:25 AM
You hate people that drink Smirnoff? Why? I like plenty of Smirnoff drinks...

That might just be the reason.

Amiralanal
01-27-2006, 09:27 AM
EMofaggots who cut their wrists

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 09:54 AM
I hate people who act like or think they know everything. Elitist fucks.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Mac users, I have never met anybody more sensitive about a product

that's because Apple products are so awesome they become an extension of your being. ;p so hell, of course people get sensitive. especially when they constantly have to deal with the painful ignorance of PC users.

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Haha...I've made the jump to Mac and am a bit confused as to why I ever used PC in the first place, but there's no denying that Mac users in general are incredibly insecure and very often quite pretentious about not just their product, but lots of things.

*holds your hand tight*

Let's...*sniffle* let's be the good ones, Sunny... *sniffle* let's set a new standard for Mac... *sniffle* users *bawls*

Sunny
01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
you have to be kinda insecure to spend $300 on a mp3 player. duh! ;D

macs are status symbols, and most people who buy status symbols are, deep down, shaking bundles of insecurity. but eh, ain't no shame in that. =p

Haha...I've made the jump to Mac and am a bit confused as to why I ever used PC in the first place

ha. exactly!

and PC users are like "i duno y ppl use macs cuz macs sukk!". how can one NOT get sensitive when surrounded with idiocy?

killer_queen
01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
people who can't make decisions easily.
dark haired girls who try to look like a blonde by dying their hair AND their eyebrows.
people who talk and don't let me finish while I'm playing piano
people who like being tortured
people who smell my neck when I use a new perfume
people in general
too much objects in a house
philosophy teachers
really ugly people
virgins
cell phone users (I mean, the users who are always texting)
monkeys
too much makeup on young girls' faces

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 10:18 AM
you have to be kinda insecure to spend $300 on a mp3 player. duh! ;D

For the most part, but let it be known that I despise anyone who listens to less than three distinct genres of music and plunked down all that scratch on an iPod. I went through with it because I was gonna get a fuckin' hernia lugging around my 150 CD jacket thing and my CD player around!

macs are status symbols, and most people who buy status symbols are, deep down, shaking bundles of insecurity.

I guess, except I got mine because it was the only computer offered by Vassar College (we're a Mac campus), so it was either get this one on a loan that I wouldn't have to pay back till graduation, or buy a PC straight up. Hmmm, tough decision... :)

and PC users are like "i duno y ppl use macs cuz macs sukk!". how can one NOT get sensitive when surrounded with idiocy?

I'll scoop out the eyeballs of anyone who says that with a rusty spoon.

Isolated Fury
01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
i duno y ppl use macs cuz macs sukk!

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:22 AM
people who talk and don't let me finish while I'm playing piano
That reminds me, people that distract me while I'm playing video games. Yesterday, I was only kicking my friends' asses a little bit at Dead or Alive, instead of all out pwning. People have to learn when to shut up.

slit_wrists
01-27-2006, 10:23 AM
I hate it when I'm late to college because my bus is late so I tell the teacher that and he has a go at me and says I'm lying and says I've slept in and are just making up excuses! Now I'm on my final warning at college cause of this! Fucking annoying

Yatesy
01-27-2006, 10:28 AM
-ipod's and apple products in genral.
-Text language, why use it when it's a lod of incoherrent jibberish.
-People who use text language on msn/aim/message boards/internet in general.
-Spongebob Squarepants and most new carttons on Nick.
-People who label everyone.
-Smokers who moan at non-smokers because they don't smoke.
-AOL

I'll think of more later.

EDIT:Just thought of one, Buses. They are never on time as they are early when you're running to your stop or late when you are at the stop. They rip you off with stupidly expensive fares and go past you when it's raining.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Also, some morning news shows. Seriously, get to the fucking news already. It's just a fucking talk show labeled as a news show.

slit_wrists
01-27-2006, 10:33 AM
EDIT:Just thought of one, Buses. They are never on time as they are early when you're running to your stop or late when you are at the stop. They rip you off with stupidly expensive fares and go past you when it's raining.

EXACTLY!!!

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I also hate buses. Especially the one that I take to school. It never shows up. At all. I always take the later bus. One time, that one didn't show up either, so I was 15 minutes late to school.

Actually, it's not the buses I hate. It's the incompetent fucks who are supposed to update the schedule.

killer_queen
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
And mothers who don't care about their kids. Especially when they are in my house.
Edit: And Orange, throwing your shoe is the best way to get rid of those people. You don't have to use your hands.

platinumpt
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Actually, it's not the buses I hate. It's the incompetent fucks who are supposed to update the schedule.
for a moment I thought you were going to say that you hated the driver.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah, the drivers sometimes piss me off, but not always.

I hate the mothers that let their 7 year olds play M-rated video games then get all upset at the game industry when their kid suddenly knows what a gun is.

Yatesy
01-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh another thing, auto-messages like this one:

Auto-Message: I'm using a web based version of MSN - http://www.e-messenger.net

You think someone has said something, but they haven't.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 10:45 AM
I guess, except I got mine because it was the only computer offered by Vassar College (we're a Mac campus)

i wonder why Vassar (a pretty damn good school) and Parsons (same) are both relying on Apple computers! it's sooo weird how prestigious educational institutions are mac-based, considering macs suck and are soooo annoying and all! =p

i second the rusty spoon comment.

notoriousdoc
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Gay threads

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
i wonder why Vassar (a pretty damn good school) and Parsons (same) are both relying on Apple computers! it's sooo weird how prestigious educational institutions are mac-based, considering macs suck and are soooo annoying and all! =p

Word up for realz =D

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Gay threads
Well then, you'll have no problem here.

notoriousdoc
01-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I won't, will I. I feel like I've died and gone to Hell

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 11:43 AM
hmm I grew up using Mac, and using windows.

I just don't like Apple much. Some of the stuff is pretty neat. I'm not bigger on Design than anyone else in Denmark, and as a nation I guess we are a little more interested on design than others, but I also don't have money.

And I just hate iTunes. I couldn't think of a more obtrusive program. It could be very neat to have, the database search function is so handy. However there are just so many annoyances related to it (somehow I would get the same song on it 3 or 4 times, for no explainable reason. It usually would open up 3 or 4 other processes for an iPod I never owned.)

No I'm happy with what I use.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 11:46 AM
i don't think i've noticed itunes doing that. my complaint would be that it freezes when i plug in my ipod (for a few seconds, but still grrr).

the new itunes has a neat feature though.. if you click on a song, it recommends other musicians you might be interested in based on that choice.

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 11:49 AM
the new itunes has a neat feature though.. if you click on a song, it recommends other musicians you might be interested in based on that choice.
Yeah that's another thing I don't like about it. I don't want it analyzing my taste in music. If I'm going to spend money on music, I'm going to buy it physically! That's important to me.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 11:50 AM
My problem with iTunes is that when it freezes, so does Firefox. Also, it could be just my computer, but my songs are always cut short on my iPod, until I play them on my computer, where they are instantly fixed.

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 11:51 AM
The problem with firefox is that it's not actually faster than IE, and that it freezes with one certain add-on I put on it. Which I find annoying.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah that's another thing I don't like about it. I don't want it analyzing my taste in music. If I'm going to spend money on music, I'm going to buy it physically! That's important to me.

really? i'm always looking for new stuff to download cause i get bored a lot... and i got sick of posting "RECOMMEND ME MUSIC" threads.. so instead i just click through my itunes library a lot. that's how i discovered VNV Nation, for example... *grateful*.

0r4ng3, that ipod problem.. are you on a PC?

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 11:54 AM
really? i'm always looking for new stuff to download cause i get bored a lot... and i got sick of posting "RECOMMEND ME MUSIC" threads.. so instead i just click through my itunes library a lot. that's how i discovered VNV Nation, for example... *grateful*.

0r4ng3, that ipod problem.. are you on a PC?
Well I'd rather do recommend me music, obviously :p
Besides Ratemymusic.com has the same feature, which I might use at some point. Although as it stands, my ambitions towards music far outreaches my budget. :p

Although as soon as I get to the states in a few weeks, I'll wreak havoc on all the used cd stores.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Sunny, yes, I use a PC.

WCM, that firefox add-on, is it FoxyTunes?

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Sunny, yes, I use a PC.

WCM, that firefox add-on, is it FoxyTunes?
Foxytunes works perfectly for me, I use it more often than anything else what doesn't work so well is the Closed Tabs list.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Hmm, closed tabs list works fine here. FoxyTunes is what's making Firefox simultaneously freeze with iTunes. At least, that's what I think happens.

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
Hmm, closed tabs list works fine here. FoxyTunes is what's making Firefox simultaneously freeze with iTunes. At least, that's what I think happens.
I use it with Windows Media Player.

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 01:37 PM
iTunes was absolutely horrific, clunky, and just illogical on my PC. On the Mac, however, it's the best program imaginable. Incredibly convenient, works well with rare freezeup, etc.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 01:39 PM
I try to stay away from Windows Media Player. I used it when I first got a computer (which was several years ago), so I consider it a n00b program, even though I know it isn't. Same reason I don't use AOL anymore.

wheelchairman
01-27-2006, 01:44 PM
I try to stay away from Windows Media Player. I used it when I first got a computer (which was several years ago), so I consider it a n00b program, even though I know it isn't. Same reason I don't use AOL anymore.
I can also recommend Creative Media Player. I think it's a neat program as well.

iTunes has great potential. It's just a bitchje when it comes to other things, so a mediocre program with no faults like that is just a better compromise in my eyes.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 01:45 PM
hahah, there IS a certain noob appeal to Windows Media Player.. i dunno why.

i use VLC and QuickTime Pro.

Izie
01-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Bahahaha VLC.

Ahem.

0r4ng3
Well, because WMP comes with most PCs. If my first computer was a Mac, I would consider iTunes a n00b program.

JohnnyNemesis
hahah, there IS a certain noob appeal to Windows Media Player.. i dunno why.

i use VLC and QuickTime Pro.

Same here. VLC has me covered, but I think it's a horrible program :(

Sunny
01-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Bahahaha VLC.

Ahem.

lolz, no comment ;D

BREAK
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
people who burp, fart, crack their knuckles and spit

I lose on all counts. : (

What's the point of a couple being married if they can't rip 'em in front of each other?

Rag Doll
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
iTunes works great on my desktop(s) and my laptop. thankfully. or i'd cry.

Sunny
01-27-2006, 06:07 PM
I lose on all counts. : (

What's the point of a couple being married if they can't rip 'em in front of each other?

you are so gross :(

Igniton
01-27-2006, 09:48 PM
i hate those girls that act like they are retarted because they think they're cute. That was group of girls at my school that we used to hang out with. We don't like them anymore. Coincidentaly, they are all potheads now. hehe

Sunny
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
call me a nut, but the spaces between the "o" and the "i"s in your icon are a little too big in proportion to the other spaces.

>_>

pet peeve.

Preocupado
01-27-2006, 10:34 PM
goodness.. they're not. It's the "i". It just doesn't do the thing.

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 11:11 PM
My threads are awesome. im the best at making threads at this whole place. EVERY single one of my threads gets at least 50 replies, i've noticed. :)

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 11:57 PM
My threads are awesome. im the best at making threads at this whole place. EVERY single one of my threads gets at least 50 replies, i've noticed. :)

Poor, misguided soul.

But yes, this is a good thread.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Poor, misguided soul.

But yes, this is a good thread.

I'm not misguided! my threads are cool!

Sunny
01-28-2006, 12:15 AM
goodness.. they're not. It's the "i". It just doesn't do the thing.

well, the "en" looks a lot tighter than the "joi". at least to me.

Igniton
01-28-2006, 09:23 AM
well then i will have to change it

kamikaze
01-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I despise it when people say "itch" instead of "scratch"
You know, like: "I'm gonna itch my arm." UGH!

I also really despise internet lingo. Especially when kids confuse "there" "they're" and "their" or "your" and "you're" And also the fact that the apostrophe and any sort of end mark has been done away with. :)

0r4ng3
01-29-2006, 01:21 PM
I share your hatred for mixed up words, but I have never heard anyone mix up "itch" and "scratch" in my life.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:22 PM
I also hate my two foot tall english teacher. She complains about when kids confuse "there" "they're" and "their" or "your" and "you're". What is the big deal? She even marks us down for using words like "guy" and "kid" on our papers. I think the kid thing is really messed up. I wasn't going to say "He is one cool boy/youngster/child".

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:23 PM

yeah i've noticed all but one of my first threads actually did pretty well. (when I was Igniton that is). Especially the Song Game, Worst Offspring Song, and Pretty Fly being Inappropiate.

Jebus
01-29-2006, 03:24 PM
You shouldn't use cool either. It's too formal.

say "The child was in touch with modern culture's standards of popularity"

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
I was going to put that down, but she would just think my mother wrote it.

Jebus
01-29-2006, 03:30 PM
that's a lie

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:31 PM
partly, she wouldn't have thought my mom wrote it. I just didn't want to look like a nerd.

Jebus
01-29-2006, 03:33 PM
wait, are you still saying that you actually thought of saying "The child was in touch with modern culture's standards of popularity" yourself?

Tired_Of_You
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
EDIT:Just thought of one, Buses. They are never on time as they are early when you're running to your stop or late when you are at the stop. They rip you off with stupidly expensive fares and go past you when it's raining.I couldn't agree more. Everything you said happens to me all the time. I hate buses in general, even if they are on time. It never happens anyway. I want a car!

Jebus
01-29-2006, 03:37 PM
I couldn't agree more. Everything you said happens to me all the time. I hate buses in general, even if they are on time. It never happend anyway. I want a car!
Yes!! I couldn't agree more. I also hate the people you meet/see in the bus sometimes.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
wait, are you still saying that you actually thought of saying "The child was in touch with modern culture's standards of popularity" yourself?

yeah.... except for modern. I considered something else...

Jebus
01-29-2006, 03:41 PM
See, I was just joking when I said that. I don't believe anyone would actually think of saying that + it's too specific.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-29-2006, 03:44 PM
it is but with her... not really because she used something like that before and thats how I came up with these big worded stuff... I even actually used the thesauraus that day

calichix
01-30-2006, 11:47 PM
I hate it when people joke about things like pie, cheese, and sporks. Ooh, and people who say everything is "random".
And when people are assholes but instead of saying they're assholes they say, "I'm just honest." (Adam Corrola and I share a brain. Especially about Wiccans being nothing but fat chicks who recycle. SO true.)
I hate it when people chew really loud.
I hate it when people are mean to homeless people. It's so obnoxiously unfunny.
I hate drug addicts who always talk about how they're hopelessly addicted to drugs and wouldn't be if they couldn't tell everyone how hopelessly addicted they are.
I hate SUVs and cars with those x-ray lights that burn your retinas.
I hate the smell of Fixer.
annnnd black licorice.
annnnnnnnnnnnnd hummus.

annnnnnnddd the fact that having a little dog is a trend. they sell lap dog purses at target. in 3 years there's gonna be a humungoid influx of little dogs in pounds when iguanas or something are all the rage.

aaaannnd david letterman.
aaaaaaannnnd Lifetime Original Movies.
aannnddd undercooked scrambled eggs.

JohnnyNemesis
01-31-2006, 09:41 AM
I hate it when people joke about things like pie, cheese, and sporks. Ooh, and people who say everything is "random".

You honestly have no idea how much I agree with you on this one. Add "meat", "poop" and to a lesser extent, "milk" to this list. What the fuck is wrong with people?

And when people are assholes but instead of saying they're assholes they say, "I'm just honest."

This one is the worst. I've gotten into so many arguments lately over this one. I always respond with something like: "Yes, you're just being honest, which is EXACTLY why I just called you an asshole. No one's questioning your honesty."

Still Adam Corolla is horrible. I'm all for killing him several times and pissing on his grave.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay that English teacher that we all hate I hate really bad now. She didn't let me look over the materal we learned because I was sick and absent. We took a quiz on that the first day of coming back. So my mom sent an email and a complaint. She said my grades weren't that great so it wouldn't have improved that much anyway. In other words, she said I might as well just not do anything because I am so retarted I would fail anyway, which is unlike me. I'm pissed.

kamikaze
02-01-2006, 06:47 AM
aaaaaaannnnd Lifetime Original Movies.

I live on that stuff!

calichix
02-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I hate how it's television for women but every movie is about a woman being raped and abused. They should just play 'Harold and Maude' or 'Thelma and Louise' all day.

endlesst0m
02-03-2006, 12:05 AM
- The Notebook...i was astonished by how completely typical this movie was.
-Compact discs...no matter how careful i am with cd's...no matter how positive i am that my cd's never touch anywhere but my cd case and cd player...scratches accumulate
-people that have no personality, but try to make up for it by having a lot of material goods
-straight edge kids...because if it wasn't a gimmick, they would just keep thier mouth shut about it

Sunny
02-03-2006, 12:19 AM
most straight edgers do need to shut the hell up.

Nina
02-03-2006, 12:20 AM
A lot of people already mentioned things I hate. I'll try to sum it up.

- People who are like "You're current browser sucks. GET FIREFOX FIREFOX its the most kickass web browser evar!!!!!11 8===========D ". I just dislike it when people try to force me into things just because THEY think it's wonderful. It reminds me on MAC users.
But XYlophonetreeZ... get firefox cuz it's so awsum!
- People who try to shove food down my throat when I'm not hungry, aka my parents.
- People who don't realize their own incompetence.
- People who crack their bones, especially when they know that I hate it.
- People who are prejudiced/ignorant
- People who have music on their websites. It bothers me and makes my PC work slower than it already is.
- People with an unjustified superiority complex
- People who speak at the movies.
- People who suck at English, but use it in a non-English setting to be cool.
- Babies who cry constantly
- Stupid annoying teens.
- Not getting an SMS/not recieving a phone call when you expect it
- People who are late
- People who insult others FOR NO REASON.
- Young girls who use too much make-up without knowing how to do it right. Practice before you leave the house, idiot.
- MSN
- Buses that come too late
- Old unfriendly people

Also, why did I have to correct "people that.." to "people who.." so many times in my reply? Some of you are such idiots.

calichix
02-04-2006, 12:12 AM
DUDE nina I hate bone-cracking. I hate it when people crack their necks. and when people use their ethnic slang as if you'll know what it means, yadda mean?

Italia311
02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
When I forget to push the clutch down on my car...that really grinds my gears... :eek:

endlesst0m
02-04-2006, 09:43 AM
When I forget to push the clutch down on my car...that really grinds my gears... :eek:

hahahaha.thats a good one, i liked it.

it really grinds my gears when someone in my family leaves an extremly small amount of any given food product in the cabinet/fridge. I can't have cereal with 1 ounce of milk!

Original prankstA
02-04-2006, 10:28 AM
niggers and emo kids grind my gears

XYlophonetreeZ
02-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Round 2:

-Frat guys who feel the need to throw up their arms and yell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" everytime they return home from a night of drinking.

-People from north Raleigh who treat North Raleigh as if it were a separate city. It's basically the snobby, upper-class area of town, tons of golf courses, the works. But it's gotten really bad. They always make sure to point out that they're from North Raleigh, even if they're just asked what city they're from. It's like they want to secede from Raleigh. To make matters worse, our local newspaper has included a section for a couple of years now called "North Raleigh News" in which the front page story is always about the progress of some new shopping center.

-Chihuahuas. Fuck that shit.

-David Letterman.

-Southerners who prance on about "Southern hospitality." It doesn't exist. True, people in the South are kinder to strangers than Northerners. But if you're genuine around someone and actually try to connect with a person, I can almost guarantee you that Northerners will appreciate it more. My experience is based on being in New York. Sure, New Yorkers can seem kind of rough around the edges, and all Yankees are absolutely terrible in traffic, but if you're genuine around them they'll be genuine right back, while Southerners will more than likely continue to act super-friendly while trying to impress you.

-"Jungle juice," the common name for an abominable mixture of Everclear and Fruit Punch Gatorade, which seems to be the prevalent drink at most of the parties I go to. It's the worst drink ever. Plus, Everclear creates drunk people who do not realize how drunk they are. This is always a bad thing. I never, ever drink that shit.

-Orlando Bloom. Worst fucking actor ever.

-Those creepy commercials and banner ads for those obnoxious grinning smilies that make creepy sounds when you accidentally move your cursor over them. Even worse are those commercials for "TEXT 'SMILE'" or whatever the hell it is, for lame jokes to be sent to you via cellphones, in which the creepy announcer guy goes "THEY'RRRRRE HILAAAAAARRRIOUS!" and the creepy smilies make those high-pitched laughing sounds in the background. Those things seriously give me the jibblies.

endlesst0m
02-20-2006, 10:03 AM
Round 2:

-Frat guys who feel the need to throw up their arms yell "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" everytime they return home from a night of drinking.

hahaha. that one made me laugh.

Mota Boy
02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
"Driving" in rush hour traffic, or hitting every red light.

When I give my opinion on a subject or go on a little rant and people respond with "Wow, you've really thought a lot about that." No, you fucking moron - my brain processed all those information within half a second. It's entirely possible to work out the pros and cons of a situation very quickly, without spending half an hour pondering whether or not you want burritos.

Feeling very tired and being unable to sleep. Happened to me last night - I lay down, exhausted, at midnight thinking I'd hit the hay early... and ended up laying there, awake, until perhaps 4:30. I'm too stubborn to get up and do something productive so I just stay there and try to convince myself that I'm physically/mentally spent despite all evidence to the contrary.

Not Ozymandias
02-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Elmo pisses me off like few other things. He's by far the least interesting creation of Jim Henson's yet he's the most famous one now because of his utter and complete mediocrity. I've been seeing Sesame Street lately with my niece and I swear the cunt is on for 20 mins out of every hour. I aspire to become famous so I can do a live appearence on Sesame Street and rip the fucker's arms off, teaching the children of America an important lesson.

yay
02-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Elmo pisses me off like few other things. He's by far the least interesting creation of Jim Henson's yet he's the most famous one now because of his utter and complete mediocrity. I've been seeing Sesame Street lately with my niece and I swear the cunt is on for 20 mins out of every hour. I aspire to become famous so I can do a live appearence on Sesame Street and rip the fucker's arms off, teaching the children of America an important lesson.Now, Now why have you developed such hatred for such a great character?

yay
02-21-2006, 06:07 PM
hahahaha.thats a good one, i liked it.

it really grinds my gears when someone in my family leaves an extremly small amount of any given food product in the cabinet/fridge. I can't have cereal with 1 ounce of milk!Thats ussually me in my household.

Isolated Fury
02-21-2006, 06:08 PM
Now, Now why have you developed such hatred for such a great character?
What do you find so great about him?...

Not Ozymandias
02-21-2006, 06:17 PM
He can relate to his mediocrity, thus proving my point and demonstrating why Elmo must be stopped.

JohnnyNemesis
02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
I've gotta agree on that Elmo point. He's reached widespread celebration by appealing to the lowest common denominator. The other Henson creations are way more interesting.

Not Ozymandias
02-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Tell it.

http://www.jokesaround.com/images/pictures/bert_osama.jpg

Nineteen Seventy Nine
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
Tell it.

http://nate.calc.org/webalbum/fun/images/osama%20bin%20laden%20(bert%20is%20evil)_jpg.jpg

Is puppets with Osama a popular thing?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/AlexHornby/Rusty2.jpg

Not Ozymandias
02-21-2006, 08:00 PM
For Osama it is.

endlesst0m
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
-Orlando Bloom. Worst fucking actor ever.

What's wrong with Orlando Bloom? I think he's a good actor...

It really grinds my gears when people eat something really wierd for breakfast, and then say how its "the breakfast of champions"

"oh man, pizza and root beer, breakfast of champions"

"oh man, potato chips and a coke, breakfast of champions"

i hate that shit!

Mr. Noodles
02-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Politicans who blame "violent media" for today's problems really piss me off!
They're the ones who have made people protest against videogames.
How can a videogame really make a kid think that they can steal cars or kill people? Kids are smarter than that!

Andy
02-22-2006, 07:14 PM
The people in my flat.

Every single one of them.

0r4ng3
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Politicans who blame "violent media" for today's problems really piss me off!
They're the ones who have made people protest against videogames.
How can a videogame really make a kid think that they can steal cars or kill people? Kids are smarter than that!
Most of the time, the kids don't know the difference. That's because their parents aren't around to tell them right from wrong, because they're working 3 different jobs to keep up with the shit economy. You see? It's the politicians' fault kids are so violent!

Mr. Noodles
02-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Most of the time, the kids don't know the difference. That's because their parents aren't around to tell them right from wrong, because they're working 3 different jobs to keep up with the shit economy. You see? It's the politicians' fault kids are so violent!
I know.
I wish the politicians would shut up and that the parents would just teach their kids the difference between fantasy and reality!
All of the adults I know have done so!

Not Ozymandias
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Dark matter pisses me off.

Oh, most of the universe can't be accounted for, there must be some undetectable substance out there, that's totally more plausible than the laws of physics simply being incorrect.

Jakebert
02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Remember that time I made endlesst0m leave the board by telling him to "learn to read"? Good times.

Jack-UK
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
Shitty facebook applications.

the_offsprings_monkey
02-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Warbook going slow on Facebook.

Jack-UK
02-12-2008, 02:00 PM
This pointless family photo:
http://www.thepeoplescube.com/images/Caption_Pointlessfamilyphot.jpg

wheelchairman
02-12-2008, 02:03 PM
That grinds your gears?

Anya82
02-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Valentine's day

0r4ng3
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
What grinds my gears? Other gears, most of the time.

RODNEYMULLEN
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
One thing that grinds my gears is when people say that offspring sucks just cause they heard pretty fly and nothing else.

DirtyYeso
02-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Valentine's day

I second that.
That's just because in the middle of a relationship issue, I'd enjoy otherwise I guess.

Something else: chain e-mails (mails that say you should forward them to eternity or be punished be bad luck for your whole life).
...and people, who sends them

Conspiracyof1000
02-14-2008, 07:40 PM
-Dial-up. Jesus, it is so frikkin' slow.

-popular cliques at school. Now that might be an immature thing to say, but they think they own the whole fuckin' school. You don't!

-People who, when you mention the Offspring, say, "Didn't they do that one song about the white dude?"

-New Simpsons episodes and the movie. Huge, retarded cash-ins. Not really all that funny anymore.

-As many people have said, buses.

-Valentine's day

AAAAANNNNDDD when my hard drive wipes itself out, thus deleting my novel-in-progress, all my fanfictions, and my beautiful pics from Resident Evil and of the Offspring. Grah, so angry...:mad:

GBH2
02-14-2008, 08:32 PM
-Valentine's day

emo.

you're just bummed you can't get a girl

SkunkIt
02-14-2008, 10:34 PM
-People who shove their beliefs down your throat.

-Wal-Mart. The customers never thank you for helping them and the supervisors don't do their jobs and keep you there half an hour overtime when you have a shitload of homework to do for the next day. (Yes, I still work there.)

-Valet parking. Lazy rich cunts can't park their own car and walk a few miles.

- People who enjoy "The Real World". How can you seriously not have anything better to do, than watch some idiots you don't ever wanna meet have dramatic arguments about the most pointless things?

Conspiracyof1000
02-15-2008, 06:26 PM
emo.

you're just bummed you can't get a girl

Dude, I'm a chick. And that's not why I don't like it. I'm single and happy.

nameless
02-15-2008, 06:46 PM
walking towards someone who cant walk in a straight line! they zigzag all over the footpath then when they're about 10ft away decide they will happily walk straight into you ather than make any attempt to move out of the way!

the worst is people who walk in front of you in the street or in a corridor and just dawdle along either with someone else or on thei own but in such a way no can can get past them!

Devconn88
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
people on message boards who feel the need to treat others especially new members like shit for no reason. Or people in general who do that

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-15-2008, 06:55 PM
walking towards someone who cant walk in a straight line! they zigzag all over the footpath then when they're about 10ft away decide they will happily walk straight into you ather than make any attempt to move out of the way!

the worst is people who walk in front of you in the street or in a corridor and just dawdle along either with someone else or on thei own but in such a way no can can get past them!

Oh damn, NO KIDDING!

AND ALSO WHEN THEY STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET/MALL (OR WHEREVER) TO ANSWER AND SPEAK ON THEIR MOBILE PHONE. :mad:

SkunkIt
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm single and happy.

Not possible.

Cock Joke
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM

I have had this happen to me so much!!!

What about the people a the mall who walk super slowly in front of you and they take up the entire frikkin walkway!!! What a bunch of shit suckin' fuckwads!

nameless
02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
I have had this happen to me so much!!!

What about the people a the mall who walk super slowly in front of you and they take up the entire frikkin walkway!!! What a bunch of shit suckin' fuckwads!

its the same when they are browsing items as well, some people stand so far away (well a few feet!) from the product they are looking at in shops that have isles, again in such a way you have to walk through their line of vision to get past as they let of a sigh as you do so. or you cant get past at all with as they block off the entire row!

JohnnyNemesis
02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
My current pet peeve is anyone (though lately it's been a lot of women I know for some reason) who thinks they have themselves and/or life figured out, yet still wonders why they're so unhappy. The kind of people who speak in absolutes, yet wonder why nothing works out.

It's 'cause you're fucking wrong people. You're like, 20. Or 23. Or 24. Or something. You don't have yourself figured out yet. You don't have life figured out yet. It's all fluid. Everything's changing. You only know yourself and you only know life up to this point, but both are changing every fuckin' second, so stop wondering why nothing works out when your source of all evaluation is shit you cling to from god knows when. HAY I KNOW THAT THIS IS TEH WAY IT IS CUZ... shut the fuck up know you don't!!!

I swear to God I'm not talking about anyone in particular. That's like, a synthesis of things I've wanted to say to a number of people.

Homer
02-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I think you just described everybody.

SkunkIt
02-16-2008, 07:34 PM
-Dial-up Jesus

I hate dial-up Jesus, too. I prefer cable jesus, he fixes my TV.

Conspiracyof1000
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Not possible.

Yeah, okay. I lied. But I'm not going emo over it.

I hate dial-up Jesus, too. I prefer cable jesus, he fixes my TV.

I lol'd. :D

Flashback
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
A skateborder in my gear factory.

GreenTerror
02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Whoever the hell gave Dane Cook the idea that he could act. Or be even the least bit funny.

offspring dude
02-17-2008, 08:35 AM
A skateborder in my gear factory.

That reminds me of:

Skaters who are like "man I hate society, they jut dont understand us!!" and are rude and ofensive to everyone around them because no one wants skaters doing their thing near them. Now come on, skating is loud as fuck and gets in everyone's way, theres no reason to shout abuse at some old lady who comes out her house and tells you to "please go skate somewhere else" because she is old and wants some peace. Skating is incredibly fun but not understanding why society hates the skating culture is just being fucking stupid. Go build a fucking ramp and rail and skate in your garage or something, or find a park, and if you can't do that, leave when someone tells you to go away you, fucking dickheads. I wish more nice people skated.

Duskygrin
02-23-2008, 04:03 AM
(Warning: this is gonna be gross.)

Well, what pissed me off lately is my going out to have dinner and getting gastro on the morrow.

And this lingering funny taste in my mouth - or is it in my head - that no amount of tooth-brushing will get rid of.

And those godawful nightmares I had.

And my piss the colour of dark tea.

nameless
02-23-2008, 08:51 PM
recently ive found people have this habbit of starting conversations just as your clearly leaving the room or going out to do something.

for example, even though you tell them your going out or walk past them carrying a great big heavy box, you are half way out the door and they start asking you about things they saw on tv last night and going on about what they saw. to try and not be rude you make some attempt to continue the conversation but you really just think, do i look like im in a position to have this conversation right now?!

nightvision
02-25-2008, 03:14 AM
The fact that I consume atleast 4-5 cellphones every year. Last time I lost one was this past saturday. It disappeared during the night and I haven't seen it since.

Sunny
02-25-2008, 07:19 AM
It's 'cause you're fucking wrong people. You're like, 20. Or 23. Or 24. Or something. You don't have yourself figured out yet. You don't have life figured out yet. It's all fluid. Everything's changing.

i know it wasn't your original point, but it just reminded me of something that, well, grinds my gears, you could say.

i'm totally having quarter life crisis or some shit. i feel like i should be doing more with my life. i should see my family more often, travel more, make more money, get a better education, etc. and like i'm very happy and grateful for what i have, but i feel like i could do more/better. i dunno what to do about it... i'm planning to go back to school (tymen4MBA) and move so i can see my family more often... so maybe that will help. or maybe i'm just a tard. erhehrher *kicks self*

another thing that drives me nuts is losing shit. which happens often. i lost an earring i really loved while snowboarding, and god knows finding a pearl earring in a snowbank is a rather futile quest. :/ i am a jackass for wearing nice jewelry snowboarding, but fuck. it was a gift too. ugh.

Jakebert
02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
(Warning: this is gonna be gross.)

Well, what pissed me off lately is my going out to have dinner and getting gastro on the morrow.

And this lingering funny taste in my mouth - or is it in my head - that no amount of tooth-brushing will get rid of.

And those godawful nightmares I had.

And my piss the colour of dark tea.

Dear God, you get gas after eating? SCANDELOUS WENCH!

HornyPope
02-25-2008, 07:59 AM
i know it wasn't your original point, but it just reminded me of something that, well, grinds my gears, you could say.

i'm totally having quarter life crisis or some shit. i feel like i should be doing more with my life. i should see my family more often, travel more, make more money, get a better education, etc. and like i'm very happy and grateful for what i have, but i feel like i could do more/better. i dunno what to do about it... i'm planning to go back to school (tymen4MBA) and move so i can see my family more often... so maybe that will help. or maybe i'm just a tard. erhehrher *kicks self*

It's why I quit smoking up. It might be the best pacifier for when you just want to get away from all the shit, but it's also the biggest waste of time.

Sunny
02-25-2008, 08:11 AM
yeah, if you felt it was interfering with you getting stuff done, it's definitely for the best that you quit.

i just don't understand why i can't be satisfied with stuff. it's like, i was happy and proud when i got my BFA, but now it's just not enough. i was happy when i got my job, and i enjoy it, and i'm going to stay here for a while... but it doesn't feel like it's enough, either. i don't want to just be satisfied and sit on my ass because i know i could probably accomplish more. am i nuts? =/

bighead384
11-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't like it when there's an emergency vehicle with it's lights on and it's on the other side of the road, and people on the opposite side of the road pointlessly pull over a little bit. I'm sorry, but there ARE times where pulling over doesn't help the emergency driver at all.

PS: Sunny always sucked. What a typical big city liberal, lol.

MOTO13
11-27-2012, 10:31 AM
I cannot fucking stand these dumbfounded dipshits who spend every waking minute while driving on their god damn cel phones. I have seen people leave their house and before they are out of their driveway, they are on the phone.

_Lost_
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I'm pretty sure there have been several threads on this topic that you could have bumped instead of your own four year dead one. Or you could have started a new one. Seems you only bumped this particular one to rag on a user who hasn't signed on in nearly as much time as this thread has been dead.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-27-2012, 04:58 PM
...when someone who clearly dislikes everyone on the forum keeps posting new threads all the time like a forgetful masochist. Whoa, did I just troll?

cool 2 hate 681
11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
PS: Sunny always sucked. What a typical big city liberal, lol.

agree.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Sunny was nice enough and posted intelligent things. Didn't talk to her much, but what do I give a shit about her politics or lifestyle?

I haven't been paying enough attention here lately to know Lost's preferences on new threads, Melyssa, but I've also always come down in favor of starting new threads as opposed to necroposting when it comes to topics like this that are sort of timeless. If you make a thread with a good topic that has value to people other than you and bornlie, I seriously doubt anyone will give you any grief for it.

WebDudette
11-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Melyssa is talking about bighead.

XYlophonetreeZ
11-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Sorry Melyssa. I got confused by the wording. Nevermind.

Talking about bighead? Who still does that?

WebDudette
11-28-2012, 01:55 AM
I only know because she said the same thing in the Wendy's thread.

Jason_Voorhees
11-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Justin Bieber
Twilight
Hannah Montana
Basically everything that's consider "cool" or "in" or "hip" these days.

Oh yeah, and rap music. Cannot stand it.

WebDudette
11-28-2012, 04:47 AM
Goddamn Jason, you're so fucking cool. I am 15 and totally agree with you. Punk rock.

Dulce
11-28-2012, 05:49 AM
People saying stupid dumb shit like YOLO a lot or RUMADBRO that pisses me the fuck off. Swag is I guess less irritating.

WebDudette
11-28-2012, 05:52 AM
y u mad tho?

Selena74
11-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Justin Bieber
Twilight
Hannah Montana
Basically everything that's consider "cool" or "in" or "hip" these days.

Oh yeah, and rap music. Cannot stand it.

I totally agree with this. Anything considered "cool" is irritating to me! I also can't stand folks who either have no clue how to drive, or don't give a shit about traffic laws.

Dulce
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
y u mad tho?

Haha, I'm not mad.

T-6005
11-28-2012, 10:35 AM
This eager counterculture hurts my mainstream, consumer brain.

I'll get you meddling kids next time!

Tiny Vessels
11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Car repairs, that Nicki Minaj needs to die, Twlight.

Selena74
11-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Car repairs, that Nicki Minaj needs to die, Twlight.

I can't stand Nicki Minaj either!! Barf!!!

MOTO13
11-29-2012, 09:01 AM
More along the lines of personal stupidity...but it really pisses me when I am jamming a cool song in the car, kind of loud, and realize like 10 minutes later the song is long over and I am cranking a commercial.

Tiny Vessels
11-29-2012, 09:38 AM
jamming a cool song in the car, .

It pisses me off when I'm in the car and I have no idea what I wanna listen to. None of my cds sound good to me, and the radio sucks.

"Melyssa K" Kennedy
11-29-2012, 07:07 PM
...being on a crowded bus, especially with a gaggle of yapping snobs dialoguing in the back of the bus. I have hypersenative ears, so they sound like they are two seats over. Also, I hate when I'm resting my legs on the seat next to me (I have injured knees) and people who are perfectly capable of moving one seat back, stop and look at me, expecting me to move my legs.