PDA

View Full Version : Eating flake is fucking awesome

Sin Studly
01-27-2006, 06:16 AM
There's something just unbelievably awesome about eating sharks. It truly makes you realise how you're on top of the food chain, whilst vegetarians rank below dogs and maggots.

Hux
01-27-2006, 06:25 AM
When I eat flake I don't think about that, I just enjoy the fucking food :p

Little_Miss_1565
01-27-2006, 09:36 AM
There's something just unbelievably awesome about eating sharks. It truly makes you realise how you're on top of the food chain, whilst vegetarians rank below dogs and maggots.

There's something just unbelievably awesome about not being a fatass meat-eater!

Yatesy
01-27-2006, 09:54 AM

That made me laugh, congrats. *applauds*

Sunny
01-27-2006, 10:10 AM
it's a nice illusion i'm sure, but that shark could ever so easily kick your ass if you happened to be swimming around in its territory.

so much for being on top of the foodchain.

http://www.surfersvillage.com/gal/pictures/Imagen015_Gal.jpg

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh sweet jesus, that is intense.

Calling it flake amuses me though. lolz @ otha cultures.

nieh
01-27-2006, 10:19 AM
That was not something I was expecting to see while browsing this at work.

Most people that are attacked by sharks survive with only minor injuries. Sharks aren't built to kill people, they're built to kill fish.

killer_queen
01-27-2006, 10:32 AM
I hate sharks. They are the most uninteresting animals but documenatry channels love to show them all day. I'm happy if they are eaten a lot.

platinumpt
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Holy crap, Sunny pwnz.

I don't enjoy too much eating fish. Of any kind.

The shadow
01-27-2006, 11:37 AM
Vegetarians are such pussies, just eat the fucking lamb, you´re gonna die anyways wheter you eat healthy or not. Besides, if they could, they´d eat you too.

the_GoDdEsS
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Pffft, meat eaters being fatarses? I eat meat every day.

Justin should pull out the old vegetarians pwn.

notoriousdoc
01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
it's a nice illusion i'm sure, but that shark could ever so easily kick your ass if you happened to be swimming around in its territory.

Well...

In 2004 there were only seven shark related deaths worldwide. That number was even smaller in 2003 and 2002, when four and three deaths were recorded respectively.

Whereas...

The early catches of 1000+ sharks per year in New South Wales...

Sunny
01-27-2006, 12:03 PM
right. you catch them with specific equipment. in a face to face confrontation, you're likely to get pwned. or eaten. or both.

HeadAroundU
01-27-2006, 12:19 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33/HeadAroundU/SteveIrwin-crocodilehunter.jpg
http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1018333477794_2002/04/15/steveirwin.jpg

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 12:58 PM
If there was a cow in front of me and someone said, alright tom, you can either save this cow, or have some hamburgers, then i would elect to save the cow. Why should my descion be any different just be cause i don't actually have to kill the cow myself to eat it? This reason alone is why I don't eat meat.

edit: i have a feeling someones gonna write..."this reason alone is why you're a fucking pussy"...so there, i officially, "saw it coming"...when you're here long enough you can sense these things...

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Personally I'd just deep fry the cow and eat it whole.

Mota Boy
01-27-2006, 01:01 PM
right. you catch them with specific equipment. in a face to face confrontation, you're likely to get pwned. or eaten. or both.
But all that specific equipment was created using our advanced brains, which is an evolutionary adaptation. And putting us in the water with a shark isn't really a fair fight either, since the shark is built for that environment, whereas we just use it recreationally. I could take a shark on land any day.

Sharks are capable of killing us (which makes them awesome), but we're still the dominant species.

The shadow
01-27-2006, 01:25 PM
But all that specific equipment was created using our advanced brains, which is an evolutionary adaptation. And putting us in the water with a shark isn't really a fair fight either, since the shark is built for that environment, whereas we just use it recreationally. I could take a shark on land any day.

Sharks are capable of killing us (which makes them awesome), but we're still the dominant species.

Sorry about the spamming, but, FUCKING BRILLIANT.

JohnnyNemesis
01-27-2006, 01:35 PM

Yeah, brilliant indeed, but that's a standard Mota Boy post, nothing special. Wait until you see his mindblowingworldquestioning material.

Also, I've never had shark, but I bet that shit is fucking delicious.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-27-2006, 01:37 PM
What would scare me about eating shark is unearthing a watch or something.

0r4ng3
01-27-2006, 01:41 PM
What would scare me about eating shark is unearthing a watch or something.
Don't you mean "unsharking a watch"?

zomganotherpun!

Seriously, though, I worry about the same thing.

sKratch
01-27-2006, 03:12 PM
I hear shark is not that tasty.

Endymion
01-27-2006, 03:58 PM
never had it myself.

and as mota said--if it's to be a fair fight we should be allowed to use all our evolutionary boons just as the shark is, so tools should be allowed. and in such a situation, humans would win.

Paint_It_Black
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM

I've thought exactly the same thing. Though the one time I ate shark it wasn't great, I still loved every bite while humming the theme tune to "Jaws".

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 11:22 PM
i think if most people had to kill all the meat that they wanted to eat they wouldn't really wanna do it. a lot of people just don't have it in them to kill. people never even wanna think about how the animals are killed, and how many of them are killed. for example, if you ask people, most of them don't even know how cows are killed!

Endymion
01-27-2006, 11:24 PM
do they still smash their skulls in (bolt between the eyes)?

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 11:26 PM
do they still smash their skulls in (bolt between the eyes)?

HA!

do you think its just by chance that hardly anybody knows anything about the process that kills millions of animals each year. wether you're for vegetarianism or not, you should at least acknowledge that people purposley go out of thier way to avoid thinking about the actual process of how the animals are killed.

I'm for vegetarianism because i think that its logical(i hope you agree that it is) to say that i should do the same thing i would do if i personally was told i had to kill these animals for food. i WOULDN'T do it. so why should i just because of the fact that I am not personally doing the killing?

Endymion
01-27-2006, 11:31 PM
ok, so how are they offed? i'm sure it can be much less humane then a hammer to the face.

endlesst0m
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
ok, so how are they offed? i'm sure it can be much less humane then a hammer to the face.

that's how they do it, actually, but just because of the fact that your not even totally sure, i brought up what i said.

neocon58
01-27-2006, 11:48 PM
I don't mind flake, I prefer Whiting or something like that.

That cheap imported diseased catfish that they are selling as butterfish is fucking awesome...

I buy fish and chips, and I get aids.

Mota Boy
01-28-2006, 03:13 AM
Thanks, but the line to suck my dick starts there. *points beyond horizon*

notoriousdoc
01-28-2006, 03:19 AM
I'm for vegetarianism because i think that its logical(i hope you agree that it is) to say that i should do the same thing i would do if i personally was told i had to kill these animals for food. i WOULDN'T do it. so why should i just because of the fact that I am not personally doing the killing?
Because it's easier? Because it tastes good? Because the cow would probably have been shot with an arrow then beaten to death by meateaters otherwise? The way the animals are killed are nearly always humane and animals have no conception of death, so they can't even get frighened of it. Fucking vegetarians, they're almost as unhuman as circumcision.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Sorry Sunny, I'm on the top of the food chain.

I eat sharks, sharks eat vegetarians, vegetarians eat tofu. And if vegetarians figured out a way to get eaten by tofu, I'm sure it would happen.

Me > Sharks > Vegetarians > Tofu.

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2006, 07:59 AM
animals have no conception of death

I do not believe this to be true. At all. But, quite honestly, how can you know?

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I do not believe this to be true. At all. But, quite honestly, how can you know?

More importantly, why would you care?

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 08:10 AM

Either an air-hammer (helmet that punctures the skull and mashes the brains with compresed air) or sledgehammer to the forehead. That's if the brains aren't being harvested, if they are they just slit its throat and throw a bucket of boiling water on it. Man, nothing beats crumbed beef brains.

And endlessstom, you're a pussy. Nothing (and I do mean nothing) tastes better than meat you've killed yourself. If I saw a cow in front of me, no I wouldn't kill it, because I don't know how to butcher a cow. But give me a rabbit or a lamb or whatever the fuck I know how to kill and butcher, and I'd eat it without a second thought. And I'd love it.

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2006, 08:16 AM
More importantly, why would you care?

Care? Not especially. Though I have a mild curiosity about almost everything.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Either an air-hammer (helmet that punctures the skull and mashes the brains with compresed air) or sledgehammer to the forehead. That's if the brains aren't being harvested, if they are they just slit its throat and throw a bucket of boiling water on it. Man, nothing beats crumbed beef brains.

And endlessstom, you're a pussy. Nothing (and I do mean nothing) tastes better than meat you've killed yourself. If I saw a cow in front of me, no I wouldn't kill it, because I don't know how to butcher a cow. But give me a rabbit or a lamb or whatever the fuck I know how to kill and butcher, and I'd eat it without a second thought. And I'd love it.

yeah, fuck you.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:04 AM
Nice comeback. See, I know exactly how animals are killed in the slaughterhouses. I eat them anyway. I know how veal is chained down and chickens are kept in battery cages. I know how live sheep and cattle transports end up in piles 4-deep and break their legs and trample each other. I don't give a flying fuck, I eat them anyway. I could eat steak in a slaughterhouse. And I'm perfectly capable of killing my own, bleeding it, gutting it, skinning it, butchering it, cooking it and eating it.

So yeah, my existance kills your argument. And it's not because I'm excessively cruel, what I do is normal. People aren't supposed to be shielded from the blood and guts of meat production, people were made to kill their own food. The fact that slaughterhouses and meat-production plants have been created is simply turning humanity into a race of faggotted vaginatarians.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 09:08 AM
Nice comeback. See, I know exactly how animals are killed in the slaughterhouses. I eat them anyway. I know how veal is chained down and chickens are kept in battery cages. I know how live sheep and cattle transports end up in piles 4-deep and break their legs and trample each other. I don't give a flying fuck, I eat them anyway. I could eat steak in a slaughterhouse. And I'm perfectly capable of killing my own, bleeding it, gutting it, skinning it, butchering it, cooking it and eating it.

So yeah, my existance kills your argument. And it's not because I'm excessively cruel, what I do is normal. People aren't supposed to be shielded from the blood and guts of meat production, people were made to kill their own food. The fact that slaughterhouses and meat-production plants have been created is simply turning humanity into a race of faggotted vaginatarians.

still thinking about it?

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
How worthless your opinions are and how unnatural your diet is?

Yes. Yes I am.

killer_queen
01-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I believe that. Daddy always says it's the only difference between humans and animals. Even they do, I really don't care. I mean, I love animals but I don't think there's a problem about eating them. They eat each other. Why wouldn't we do the same?

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 10:00 AM
I believe that. Daddy always says it's the only difference between humans and animals. Even they do, I really don't care. I mean, I love animals but I don't think there's a problem about eating them. They eat each other. Why wouldn't we do the same?

Personally, i think animals have feelings that are complicated enough to know that they don't want to die. being a vegetarian for me doesn't have that much to do with what i think other people should be doing, but just that it's right for me, because i know i wouldn't kill the animals if i had to do it myself.

the_GoDdEsS
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Hahahaha. WTF, your signature.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 10:03 AM
but just that it's right for me, because i know i wouldn't kill the animals if i had to do it myself.

So basically, being a vegetarian is simply an extension of you being a weeping vagina? A man who can't slit the throats of furry little critters is not a true man.

Vera
01-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Hahahaha. WTF, your signature.
I can already imagine the headlines, "Punkrock band promotes racism".

the_GoDdEsS
01-28-2006, 10:05 AM
I can already imagine the headlines, "Punkrock band promotes racism".

Yeah, totally. And all the kids will start beating up niggers because Dexter Holland said so in a song.

Vera
01-28-2006, 10:07 AM
The second LA riots - all because of kids missing some serious sarcasm.

wheelchairman
01-28-2006, 10:10 AM
The only reason to be a vegetarian is the meat-factories that pump the cows so full of anti-biotics that it might lower your resistance to various diseases.

Then again, there are the same problems with vegetables.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 10:10 AM
So basically, being a vegetarian is simply an extension of you being a weeping vagina? A man who can't slit the throats of furry little critters is not a true man.

hahaha, i guess. it doesn't matter what you wanna call it, the bottom line is, its a fact that i cannot kill animals. so im sure anyone can agree that i should live my life based on this, right?

or maybe me being a vegetarian just stems from all the years i was bullied, i learned to hate people who pick on the defenseless, lol.

but i think meat eaters get defensive when vegetarianism is brought because they're afriad that the vegetarians have better morals then them. for them to not bash the vegetarians, is like admitting that the vegetarians are morally better. not every meat eater does this, just some.

killer_queen
01-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Personally, i think animals have feelings that are complicated enough to know that they don't want to die. being a vegetarian for me doesn't have that much to do with what i think other people should be doing, but just that it's right for me, because i know i wouldn't kill the animals if i had to do it myself.
Really? What would you do if you were starving? You would kill of course, don't say you wouldn't.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Really? What would you do if you were starving? You would kill of course, don't say you wouldn't.

there's people that would kill other humans and eat them if they were stranded, but you shouldn't base your actions on what you might do in an extreme situation, thats different.

HeadAroundU
Vegetarianism is for pussies and you gonna be weak cripple without meat.
*goes to kill some dog*

Sin Studly
No, we pick on you because you're letting the species down. You're devolving us. We were destined to be the top of the food chain, and you sandal-wearing spoonbending yoghurt-lovers are constantly trying to drag us down to the evolutionary level of pond algae.

Why don't you go make some more tofu for the dolphins or something, natureboy.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
there's people that would kill other humans and eat them if they were stranded, but you shouldn't base your actions on what you might do in an extreme situation, thats different.

I'd do it if I was hungry, never mind starving.

Vegetarianism is for pussies and you gonna be weak cripple without meat.
*goes to kill some pig*

* dog

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 10:17 AM
No, we pick on you because you're letting the species down. You're devolving us. We were destined to be the top of the food chain, and you sandal-wearing spoonbending yoghurt-lovers are constantly trying to drag us down to the evolutionary level of pond algae.

Why don't you go make some more tofu for the dolphins or something, natureboy.

Unrealistic. Humans will never be overcome by any animals at anytime in the future, so vegetarians aren't dragging anyone down.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
You'd be surprised. Those cows are watching, waiting for their chance...

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
You'd be surprised. Those cows are watching, waiting for their chance...

hahahahaha.

true.

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2006, 12:12 PM

I'd say intelligence is the biggest difference between humans and other animals. Don't forget we are animals ourselves.

I think many animals show a comprehension of death. This could be attributed to anthropomorphising them, but I really don't think so. Many will mourn when a companion dies. It could be argued that they simply miss the companion, and are not aware that it died, only that it has gone away. But in the most basic terms, that's what death is. Going away forever. Also, most animals avoid death, and surely this shows some form of comprehension of death.

I eat as much meat as I can. I love meat. I would happily eat only meat, and call myself a meatatarian and act like my dietary choice is worth talking about. Make that lecturing about. I'd bitch at anyone who eats vegetables any chance I get. Wait, no I wouldn't because I'm not a douchebag. But I do love meat.

I wouldn't kill my own food unless I had to. Fuck, I won't even cook my own food unless I have to. That's women's work. Just because I no longer need to hunt, doesn't mean they get to stop preparing the food. That still needs to be done. However, men are of course better cooks. I expect one day we'll figure out how to give birth and the world will see we're actually better at that too.

I have no problem eating meat and I don't much care how it transitioned from animal to food. Once I get it it's already dead. It's just going to have died in vain if I don't eat it. I wonder if all the vegetarian vaginas realize that in not consuming the flesh it means those animals have died horrific deaths for nothing. You heartless cunts, don't let their deaths be in vain.

Yeah, I'm done.

notoriousdoc
01-28-2006, 12:29 PM
When I said something about animals not understanding death or whatever, I'd like to rephrase it as "Animals have no fear of death". I'm done

Sunny
01-28-2006, 12:30 PM
First of all, using "vagina" as a derogatory term makes no sense to me. I have a one. It's the finest thing i have ever laid my eyes on, exquisitely designed and performing excellently. it brings joy to the hearts of men (and myself, obviously). so every time i hear someone being called a vagina, or vaginated, or whatever, i think to myself "that's one damn nice compliment".

so yah. stupids.

do you think the death of the animal is what's bothering vegetarians? cause i highly doubt it. death is natural. death is ok. death occurs in their natural environments. i'd have no problem killing my own food, because i'd do it HUMANELY. with a certain amount of respect for my prey and the desire to spare it suffering, because im an evolved, intelligent being.. and feel the responsibility to act as such. however, the way animals are treated in slaughterhouses is insulting to human dignity. they are locked in cages and killed in ways that make me want to eat sprouts for the rest of my life.

i'd like my meat to live its life in its natural habitat and to die as quickly as possible, as unaware of its demise as possible. i don't want my steak locked up, tortured, beaten, and slowly bleeding to death. is that so fucking hard to understand?

if "being a pussy" means "having basic human decency and living up to your responsibilities as the most evolved species", then fuck yes i'm a pussy.

i'm not a full-blown vegetarian, but i avoid meat. if i do eat it, it's certified free range organic. most of the time, though, i'm happy with seafood, vegetables and dairy. for those of you who think that not eating meat will make one weak and feeble, i'd like to inform you i'm one hot and fit piece of ass. k thanks.

killer_queen
01-28-2006, 12:40 PM
I have to admit that not eating meat feels nice. I tried the detox diet once and the changes on my skin and body was impressing. Although I felt healthy and great I just couldn't live without meat.

Sunny
01-28-2006, 12:51 PM
That's another thing.... I feel a lot nicer and healthier when i don't eat meat - because regardless of what bullshit the "proud meat eaters" spout, meat is not exactly great for you. =p

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
First of all, using "vagina" as a derogatory term makes no sense to me. I have a one. It's the finest thing i have ever laid my eyes on, exquisitely designed and performing excellently

Pics?

i'm happy with seafood

Like lobster?

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 12:57 PM
First of all, using "vagina" as a derogatory term makes no sense to me. I have a one. It's the finest thing i have ever laid my eyes on, exquisitely designed and performing excellently. it brings joy to the hearts of men (and myself, obviously). so every time i hear someone being called a vagina, or vaginated, or whatever, i think to myself "that's one damn nice compliment".

Sunny talking about her vagina turned me on :)

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Pics?

yeah, pics!

Vera
01-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Spicy veggie food is my favourite. <3

Sunny
01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Pics?

Like lobster?

lobster, oysters, shrimp, salmon, crab, clams, scallops, mussels. all delicious.

and the glory of my vagina would blind you, so i gotta say no to the pics request.. for your own good. =p

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2006, 01:07 PM
But isn't lobster often boiled alive? That HAS to be inhumane.

Send the pics and I just won't look directly at them. You know, like the sun.

Sunny
01-28-2006, 01:12 PM
i'm pretty sure lobsters die the second they hit boiling water. they're not slow cooked.

i'm afraid you might have a stroke from exposure anyway. yknow, like the sun. =p

Vera
01-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Sunny, I'm sure no one will get eye cancer from staring at your vagina. ;p

T-6005
01-28-2006, 01:18 PM
It'd probably cure eye cancer instead.

JohnnyNemesis
01-28-2006, 01:20 PM
I've seen Sunny's vagina. Of course, she had no idea, since I was hiding in the bushes with a cameraphone and caught her through her window, but I still saw it.

As far as meat eating goes...I'm the ultimate carnivore, but I'm well aware that eating meat is not what's BEST for the body. But goddamn, it's so damn good, good goddammit.

T-6005
01-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of meat. It just tastes so damn good.

Thing is, I do feel bad about the inhumane treatment of animals. That's really too bad.

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 01:38 PM
hahaha. before i stopped eating meat i was all like...

"it's the cow's fault for tasting so good"

Endymion
01-28-2006, 01:44 PM
personally, the thought of cutting completely defenseless fruit off of its tree and plucking vegitables off their plant disgusts me. you vegitarians are a heartless bunch.

nieh
01-28-2006, 01:52 PM
Cows were put on this earth to die. If they fall over on their side or you tip them over, they die. If you milk them and then stop milking them, they die. They can't move very fast, so they can't get away from natural predators, so they're likely to get killed that way. If you ask me, we're doing the cows a favor by allowing their species to survive well past when they should've gone extinct.

Vera
01-28-2006, 02:11 PM
It'd probably cure eye cancer instead.
I feel a tumor forming already. Help! Help!

[/creepy lesbian]

Sunny
01-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Cows were put on this earth to die. If they fall over on their side or you tip them over, they die. If you milk them and then stop milking them, they die. They can't move very fast, so they can't get away from natural predators, so they're likely to get killed that way. If you ask me, we're doing the cows a favor by allowing their species to survive well past when they should've gone extinct.

it's not about them dying. dying is fine, who cares.

it's about HOW THEY DIE.

!!

nieh
01-28-2006, 02:54 PM
it's not about them dying. dying is fine, who cares.

it's about HOW THEY DIE.

!!

I didn't read the whole thread before posting. Either way, I just wanted to give my "cows were put here to die" speach. It's normally much longer and more elaborate but it's been a while and I forgot most of it. *sob* Anyway, Mr. t0m has a problem with them dying in general, as do plenty of other vegetarians I've known.

personally, the thought of cutting completely defenseless fruit off of its tree and plucking vegitables off their plant disgusts me. you vegitarians are a heartless bunch.

Yeah. I mean we at least kill the animals and put them out of their misery. You guys just rip off pieces of the plants and leave them to suffer. How would you feel if an apple tree ripped off one of your HANDS or a FOOT and just left you there to deal with it!?

Nina
01-28-2006, 02:55 PM
And yet I lol'ed @ nieh.

Sunny
01-28-2006, 02:56 PM
i've yet to hear about a cow whose limbs drop to the ground after they reach maturity.

and leper cows don't count.

:P

nieh
01-28-2006, 03:00 PM
and leper cows don't count.

No fair.

original_prankster
01-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I've seen Sunny's vagina. Of course, she had no idea, since I was hiding in the bushes with a cameraphone and caught her through her window, but I still saw it.

As far as meat eating goes...I'm the ultimate carnivore, but I'm well aware that eating meat is not what's BEST for the body. But goddamn, it's so damn good, good goddammit.
Yeah, this is what I was going to say.

Vegetarians are such pussies, just eat the fucking lamb, you´re gonna die anyways wheter you eat healthy or not. Besides, if they could, they´d eat you too.

I have a vegetarian friend. He rules and he is proof that vegetarians aren't pussies so fuck you. Oh, and I find it interesting that what you said sounds almost exactly like a NOFX song I heard. =D

Mota Boy
01-28-2006, 03:20 PM
I've seen Sunny's vagina...
Yeah, this is what I was going to say.
Damn it, are Richand and I the only one here who haven't seen Sunny's vagina? Take care, brother, take care - I know your pain all too well.

original_prankster
01-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Actually, the second part of his post is similar to what I was going to say.

So no, I haven't seen Sunny's glorious vagina yet, either. :(

Endymion
01-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah. I mean we at least kill the animals and put them out of their misery. You guys just rip off pieces of the plants and leave them to suffer. How would you feel if an apple tree ripped off one of your HANDS or a FOOT and just left you there to deal with it!?
on top of that animals survive be eating other live things--plants or animals. plants survive off minerals, water and light. when one eats animals you're just doing the same as them. when someone eats plants you eat/kill something that has never killed or maimed another life.

Sunny
01-28-2006, 03:32 PM
think of the molecules, endy! THE MOLECULES!

;[

endlesst0m
01-28-2006, 03:49 PM

;[

Sunny's cute as fuck. She's my new E-crush.

Jebus
01-28-2006, 04:11 PM
PIB, lobsters don't feel any pain.

nieh
01-28-2006, 04:11 PM

;[

They do less damage to molecules than that animals do. First they eat the food and it goes into their stomachs where it gets treated to a mixture of enzymes and ACID which denatures the proteins, dissolves fatty acids and turns all the carbohydrates into glucose. It then goes further into the digestive system and get absorbed through their intestines. The proteins get ripped apart into basic amino acids before entering the cells, only to be put back together in whatever form the cell sees fit. Then the carbs (now in the form of glucose) enters the cell and gets ripped apart even more to feed the cell's sick obsession with ATP. You know if I had half a heart, I'd kill myself right now because of what I'm doing to all those poor defenseless molecules.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
You're all forgetting something important. Suffering makes the meat taste better.

Hux
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
No, that makes the meat more stringy because the animal will be thrashing about.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Thrashing about doesn't make a difference, but chaining them down so they can't move for their entire lives does. Mmm, atrophied muscle is the tastiest muscle.

Hux
01-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Well that makes the animal all soft, not as nice as it could be, tender. That's what some farmers and stuff do to the chickens. Fuckin battery farms where they put like 5 chickens in a tiny cage so its impossible to move and feed them drugs usually to make them grow big fast. Unhealthy and unnatural. When they want to kill them they slice their beaks off with red hot knives and chuck them alive in those crushing machines n stuff till they are all mashed up.

Very bad indeed, don't tell me you think it will taste better and you don't mind animal cruelty.

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm fine with the cruelty, and I'm fine with the hormones too. Hormones make the chicken cheaper. Back in my parents day only rich folks could afford chickens, now everybody can. That's progress, babe.

Hux
01-28-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm fine with the cruelty, and I'm fine with the hormones too. Hormones make the chicken cheaper. Back in my parents day only rich folks could afford chickens, now everybody can. That's progress, babe.

Well there are no deaths or anything with the drugs I don't think, maybe sickness. But still...

Babe :confused:

Sin Studly
01-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Who the fuck cares about hormone deficiencies and sickness, provided it happens to everybody except me.

Besides, hormones are great. It means you can eat a giant baby chicken. Kinda like Chickenveal. Fuck those tired old boiler-hens, gimme gimme growth hormone-fed overgrown baby chickens.

Hux
01-28-2006, 09:21 PM
Well aren't you a caring person.

neocon58
01-28-2006, 11:28 PM
I whole heartedly agree, regarding giant baby chickens.

BREAK
01-29-2006, 10:07 AM
You know, there's something inherently ridiculous about any insinuation that there's a "natural" way to do things, as if mankind ALONE can dictate what "nature" intends. As if humanity is so powerful and glorious, WE're the ones who create and sustain nature, not the other way around. If you truly believe everything should be done "naturally", what the hell are you doing in modern society? Why don't you start killing animals with your bare hands and eating their meat raw? Stop wearing clothes, taking showers and baths, and living in man-made structures. Shit in a little hole in the ground and sleep underneath trees and in caves. If you happen to freeze to death or die of some debilitating disease, GOOD. Modern medicine and comfortable shelters are for WEAK, PUSSY FAGGOTS.
And as for mankind being superior to the animal kingdom, forget about it. What's so "superior" about us? That we can kill quickly, more efficiently than any known species? I'm sure that's comforting when you're trying to get to sleep at night, but somehow we still haven't discovered the cure for mortality. Hell, with all of our advances in science, technology, medicine and art, our greatest accomplishment so far is the ability to slaughter thousands of our own kind in the blink of an eye. Roaches and bacteria can survive harsher enviromental conditions than we can; does that make them superior to us? The universe is infinitely larger than anything we can possibly imagine, our planet (forget about our bodies) is an absolutely insignificant speck of dust compared to the vastness of the world it's a part of. When it goes, so do we (assuming we live long enough see it), along with all animal and plant life in known existence. And yet we have the audacity to call ourselves superior? When we're the (sorry for quoting Fight Club) same decaying organic matter as everything else, with only our infinite vanity setting us apart?
And no, I don't think anyone should apologize for eating meat, but nobody should have to apologize for being a vegetarian either. They're just personal lifestyle choices! They don't affect me or you or anybody who's ever lived in any way whatsoever! How the hell petty can you people be?

FUCK!

Sin Studly
01-29-2006, 10:18 AM
You listen to emo. You forfeited the right to rant about what is and isn't natural, and who is and isn't a weak pussy faggot.

You weak pussy faggot.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 10:31 AM
You know, there's something inherently ridiculous about any insinuation that there's a "natural" way to do things, as if mankind ALONE can dictate what "nature" intends. As if humanity is so powerful and glorious, WE're the ones who create and sustain nature, not the other way around. If you truly believe everything should be done "naturally", what the hell are you doing in modern society?

dear jake,

i think i love you.
i'm glad i'm not the only one who finds the "it's unnatural" argument to be absolutely ridiculous. especially coming from people who claim they "hate all fucking hippies".
besides, hell, everything else aside, LOOK AT ME. do i look like i stick with the way my body was "intented to look" naturally?

And no, I don't think anyone should apologize for eating meat, but nobody should have to apologize for being a vegetarian either. They're just personal lifestyle choices! They don't affect me or you or anybody who's ever lived in any way whatsoever! How the hell petty can you people be?

seriously, it's quite amazing how many people feel it's their right - and somehow their duty - to control and criticize other's nutritional choices.

BREAK
01-29-2006, 11:20 AM
You listen to emo. You forfeited the right to rant about what is and isn't natural, and who is and isn't a weak pussy faggot.

You weak pussy faggot.

Thanks for not refuting any of my points or breaking down my carefully-constructed straw man, you chickenshit king of ad hominem.

dear jake,

i think i love you.

Darling,
Let's murder our spouses.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 11:25 AM
I cannot under any circumstances condone the murder of redheads. they are too rare to die.

=P

BREAK
01-29-2006, 11:27 AM
AND another damn thing: I hate it when people say "Well I clawed my way to the top of the food chain, bluhbluhbluh." No you didn't you asshole, you're just fortunate enough to have been born after millions of years of evolution have already taken place. Dinosaurs ruled the world for longer than we have, and perhaps longer than we ever will. The only difference between us and them is that we'll probably bring about our own extinction. I HATE when people act like they, as individuals, are SOLELY responsible for mankind's dominance over this earth. Men have done extraordinary things throughout the course of history, but that doesn't mean you can take credit for any of them. You, the last time I checked, haven't done SHIT.

Go to hell, no one in particular.

JoY
01-29-2006, 11:33 AM
is there ANYONE who claims they personally climbed to the top of the foodchain?? anyone born after the year 20, that is?

Paint_It_Black
01-29-2006, 11:48 AM
PIB, lobsters don't feel any pain.

Yeah, I've heard that argument. I've also heard others say it's bullshit. Never been interested enough to look into it for myself.

JoY
01-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Jebus; that has NEVER been proved. & as long as it hasn't been proved, I think it's more wisely to assume every animal has painreceptors, like humans.

Revolver-2005?
01-29-2006, 12:05 PM
Who cares if you kill a few thousand chickens...theres a few thousand more to make another thousand....as long as the animal doesnt go extinct who gives a fucking shit.

So all you fucking vegetarians, have a burger and shut the fuck up.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 12:07 PM
Revolver, speaking of extinction, I think you should strongly consider it.

Chug some fucking bleach and shut the fuck up.

Nina
01-29-2006, 12:10 PM
eehehehe

yeah Sunny, HAVE A FUCKING BURGER YOU STUPID WHORE.

I mean, jeez.

Revolver-2005?
01-29-2006, 12:11 PM
Revolver, speaking of extinction, I think you should strongly consider it.

Chug some fucking bleach and shut the fuck up.

You know you like the taste of meat, if you we're really a vegetarian you wouldn't suck so much dick.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
You know you like the taste of meat, if you we're really a vegetarian you wouldn't suck so much dick.

I have to say, I don't know many men whose dicks are wholly similar to processed meat.

Maybe Mags just knows some weird men.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 12:16 PM
i hate to break it to you, and i don't know what kind of traumatic stuff you have been through, but fellatio doesn't involve biting the damn thing off.

seek therapy, and quick, because it sounds like you've had some seriously messed up experiences.

poor child.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 12:20 PM
And before you mutilate some poor woman's genitalia because your carnivorous needs led you to believe "eating pussy" involves a knife, fork and barbecue sauce.... IT DOESNT.

not that i don't think anybody in their right mind would let you near their privates, anyway.

Paint_It_Black
01-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Eww. Barbecue sauce.

JoY
01-29-2006, 12:27 PM
And before you mutilate some poor woman's genitalia because your carnivorous needs led you to believe "eating pussy" involves a knife, fork and barbecue sauce.... IT DOESNT.

not that i don't think anybody in their right mind would let you near their privates, anyway.
this & Richard's reaction cracked me up BIG time.

Phallic Tractor
01-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Jebus; that has NEVER been proved. & as long as it hasn't been proved, I think it's more wisely to assume every animal has painreceptors, like humans.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/animalrights/story/0,11917,1408050,00.html

Norwegians are capable human beings too, right? If not, you win.

Revolver-2005?
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
fellatio doesn't involve biting the damn thing off.

to get a taste of something you dont have to bite it off

0r4ng3
01-29-2006, 04:27 PM
...but tasting and eating are two entirely different things. Jeez, if you're gonna flame someone, make sure you don't set yourself on fire.

T-6005
01-29-2006, 05:17 PM
How very true.

I get the feeling I'm going to look at my dinner very weirdly.

Not to mention turn down the next oral sex offered me.

-Clearly I probably won't do that. But I'll pause.

Rag Doll
01-29-2006, 05:26 PM
to get a taste of something you dont have to bite it off

since when does cock taste like a burger? whose cock have YOU been sucking?

ick.

Sin Studly
01-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Thanks for not refuting any of my points or breaking down my carefully-constructed straw man, you chickenshit king of ad hominem.

Indent your paragraphs and next time my eyes won't just flit to the capitalised text before skipping everything else and hitting reply. Emo.

Little_Miss_1565
01-29-2006, 09:49 PM
I would really like to know why omnivores feel so threatened by the mere existence of vegetarians. This thread has done nothing to enlighten me.

Sunny--I make an amazing chickpea roast. We should totally have a BBS vegetarian feast.

endlesst0m
01-29-2006, 10:20 PM
I would really like to know why omnivores feel so threatened by the mere existence of vegetarians. This thread has done nothing to enlighten me.

Sunny--I make an amazing chickpea roast. We should totally have a BBS vegetarian feast.

it seems like omnivores feel like if they don't bash us,and learn to violently disagree with us, then they feel like they are admitting that we're morally better then them. thats why they have such a problem.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 10:28 PM

first of: that sounds droolworthy. chickpeas make me a happy thing.

and I've noticed that too. i don't understand why people are so threatened by what i put in my body. it's ridiculous.

on a similar note, my ex-boyfriend, a die-hard "proud meat eater", literally flipped a shit when i announced i'm doing a brown rice/raw foods/green tea detox. In fact, he prohibited me from calling him then, because I'd "be hungry and bitchy because of that new age hippie bullshit".

ahem. that's one of many reasons why he's an *ex* now. =p

Plumey
01-29-2006, 10:37 PM
What's so morally better about not eating meat? Morally better would be to stop eating altogether. Or to eat excrement. That doesn't hurt anything - unless you accidently kill some mold, oh noes.

Sin Studly
01-29-2006, 10:37 PM
I would really like to know why omnivores feel so threatened by the mere existence of vegetarians. This thread has done nothing to enlighten me..

As a heavy indulger in vice, the more vegetarian becomes percieved as 'morally correct', the more likely meat is going to be heavily taxed. I already have to pay five times the true market value for my tobacco and wine because of the insanely heavy taxation smacked down on it, and I'm afraid that soon I'll have to pay that for meat. And since I pay absolutely no attention to my diet, if the ease of eating meat and vegetables is replaced with the inconvience of having to stick to a healthy vegetarian diet for myself and remember how much protein and iron I'm consuming, I'm very likely to shrivel up and die of anaemia.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 10:42 PM
What's so morally better about not eating meat? Morally better would be to stop eating altogether. Or to eat excrement. That doesn't hurt anything - unless you accidently kill some mold, oh noes.

You're an idiot.

As far as we know, plants - or mold - or fruit - do not die in horrible pain prolonged by lack of consideration on the part of humans. They are also not locked in inhumane conditions, in cages which cause their muscles to atrophy, and deprived of their natural environment.

it's not that you KILL them. it's HOW they live and die, for the 430954th time.

get it yet?

Betty
01-29-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm not getting into this debate, but the only real issue I have is whether being vegetarian truly IS healthier for a person. I know many vegetarians eat VERY healthy, despite the lack of meat, and since many meat-eaters ingest a ton of crap, the vegetarians may win by default. But I'd imagine somebody who ate very healthy (green veggies, vitamin-filled fruit, high fibre, etc, etc.) AND who ate a moderate amount of meat and meat products (possibly of the organic variety) would probably win.

I'm starting my new health kick and have been cutting back on the meat (just cause the dishes are generally a lot higher fat and I believe eating LESS meat but still SOME meat is actually the healthiest option.) and trying to eat a lot of salads and stuff. I'm totally addicted to chick peas right now. And avocado. But I've always loved avocado. I recently saw it on a "top 10 healthy foods" list and now have an excuse to eat more - since I always thought they were pretty fatty and that the health benefits didn't necessarily outweigh that. And tomatoes are in season and they are fantastic. I'm also addicted to salmon, since my parents never cooked it when I was a child.

I think people are threatened by vegetarians - and I can relate - because even without having to say anything, they are taking what people perceive to be a morally superior stance, regardless of whether they FEEL that way. But I mean, if you're doing it for a moral reason, you have to feel morally superior to an extent. And people feel the need to justify their position so as to not feel bad about themselves.

I guess I did get into the debate a little bit. But I've had the pro vs against debate way too many times and both sides have decent arguments and it's really not worth hearing it all again. (So are you for or against abortion?)

Sin Studly
01-29-2006, 11:13 PM
it's not that you KILL them. it's HOW they live and die, for the 430954th time.

get it yet?

Although I've always understood this when people said it, I've never managed to quite get my head around how it could possibly matter. Like, how is animal cruelty an issue it all? I seriously can't understand how another person could care one way or the other.

Plumey
01-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Sunny - Well, you're right. Animals are mass produced and mass slaughtered in awful conditions because there are so many of us. A need for numbers usually doesn't take into account the need for humanity. The fact that there are so many humans demanding more hamburgers...well, this has already been discussed...430634 times, you said? To be honest, the whole thing reminds me of those prisoners in that Bataan war camp during WWII - the Japanese had to get these prisoners from X to Y in Z amount of time - and sometimes meeting that quota meant inhumane things for those prisoners. Like one out of four getting shot. And the others dying of disease or starvation.
For those animals or whatever, it all means death anyway.
I'll have to do my research. Organic produce is getting pretty popular nowadays, isn't it? But the veggies that aren't organic are just as stuffed up with chemicals as the meat is stuffed up with antibiotics or hormones or whatever.

I have nothing against vegetarians. The two words "morally better" just tick me off for some reason. It must be the whole 'intimidation' thing. :)

Betty - I had a running friend who was a vegetarian. The other year she started eating meat again. Her mile time dropped about half a minute. I think rice and beans can only do so much. It does take a lot of effort to be a healthy vegetarian, because meat seems to do a lot for your body, even in small amounts.

Mota Boy
01-29-2006, 11:17 PM
it seems like omnivores feel like if they don't bash us,and learn to violently disagree with us, then they feel like they are admitting that we're morally better then them. thats why they have such a problem.
No, I think it's because people are already suspicious of people different than them, and vegetarians make people nervous. That initial distrust is coupled with the fact that a select few vegetarians carry around this "holier than thou" aura with them that cause other people to automatically hate them and, by association, everyone else that shares their same views. So stop ruining it for all other vegetarians, you moronic, self-righteous prick.

See also: Christian.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
For those animals or whatever, it all means death anyway.

point taken, but there are different ways to die. personally, i'd rather go out quickly and relatively painlessly than have to be caged for weeks, then tortured, then run around with my head half cut off and my limbs broken, bleeding to death, terrified and in extreme pain. doesn't sound like fun, right?

Animals are mass produced and mass slaughtered in awful conditions because there are so many of us. A need for numbers usually doesn't take into account the need for humanity.

well, yes. mass produced meat is a lot cheaper. and mass production often demands compromising quality. but just because it's justified, doesn't mean it doesn't terrify me. =/

and humans need to stop breeding like crazy fucking rabbits.

Organic produce is getting pretty popular nowadays, isn't it?

yup. i eat organic produce most of the time (unless i'm eating out, cause then you just don't know)

I think rice and beans can only do so much. It does take a lot of effort to be a healthy vegetarian, because meat seems to do a lot for your body, even in small amounts.

honestly, it seems that in urban environments, with the development of health food stores - local AND chainstores - (Whole Foods, etc) there are tons of healthy meat alternatives, and it's actually not very difficult to come up with a diet that excludes meat, yet provides the body with a lot of energy.

i dunno, the 'lack of energy' argument never made sense to me. i can't really use myself as an example (cause i eat seafood), but my husband is a total vegetarian.. and has enough energy to work full time, do his personal work on the side, go to the gym AND be a total sex machine. sooo... =p

Mota Boy
01-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Done and done. Currently, the projected population of Earth is trending downwards.

Sunny
01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
about damn time. your libido was really wreaking havoc on earth's natural resources, you oversexed bastard.

Plumey
01-29-2006, 11:53 PM
point taken, but there are different ways to die. personally, i'd rather go out quickly and relatively painlessly than have to be caged for weeks, then tortured, then run around with my head half cut off and my limbs broken, bleeding to death, terrified and in extreme pain. doesn't sound like fun, right?
That reminds me of stories I heard about my great-grandfather. He was a farmer. Used to laugh as he watched chickens run around with their heads cut off. Eh. I'll stop now.
But yeah. Sometimes the people at the meat packers miss with those bolts to the head. And the inhumane treatment of the people who work at meat packers facilities is a whole other issue entirely.

Well, I guess there need to be a lot of rabbits, because carnivores like to catch and eat them. Mother nature seems to have a way of controlling things that are too numerous, even if it means letting them breed like crazy and then slowly die out because there are too many of them and not enough resources to sustain them. If it's as Mota Boy says, I guess that's what's happening. Limiting something or another.

honestly, it seems that in urban environments, with the development of health food stores - local AND chainstores - (Whole Foods, etc) there are tons of healthy meat alternatives, and it's actually not very difficult to come up with a diet that excludes meat, yet provides the body with a lot of energy.

I guess, as with all diets, you just have to work at it. It's more difficult than just eating anything you happen to see in the supermarket. I think it's definitely possible to be an energetic vegetarian.

I'm going to stop now. I've got a headache.

endlesst0m
01-29-2006, 11:55 PM
No, I think it's because people are already suspicious of people different than them, and vegetarians make people nervous. That initial distrust is coupled with the fact that a select few vegetarians carry around this "holier than thou" aura with them that cause other people to automatically hate them and, by association, everyone else that shares their same views. So stop ruining it for all other vegetarians, you moronic, self-righteous prick.

ruining it? whats "it". i'm a vegetarian for my own reasons, its not like im misrepresenting some political party, you worthless shitbag.

and how the fuck do vegetarians make people nervous?yeah, cause you know, if someones too sensitive to even eat a hamburger...they must be sooo dangerous. im sure anyone that read that would like to hear you elaborate on that stupid little comment.

basically, i still think that,despite what mota boy says, its very possible that a lot of non-vegetarians violently disagree and even hate vegetarians, because they're afraid that if vegetarians views are right, then this would mean they they must have far less morals and self-control then a vegetarian. WHY ELSE WOULD VEGETARIAN BASHERS CARE SOOOO MUCH ABOUT HOW VEGETARIANS EAT?!

In addition, people that feel threatend by vegetarians feel threatend by pretty much all vegetarians, not just the "holier then thou" vegetarians, like you say.

T-6005
Well, I guess there need to be a lot of rabbits, because carnivores like to catch and eat them. Mother nature seems to have a way of controlling things that are too numerous, even if it means letting them breed like crazy and then slowly die out because there are too many of them and not enough resources to sustain them. If it's as Mota Boy says, I guess that's what's happening. Limiting something or another.

That's very Malthusian.

BREAK
Indent your paragraphs and next time my eyes won't just flit to the capitalised text before skipping everything else and hitting reply. Emo.

No, REALLY. I MEAN it. Thanks for saving us both from the embarassment of having an actual, serious DISCUSSION. All you're interested in is shooting the messenger and walking away. Lord knows I'd be deluding myself to expect anything more.

endlesst0m
01-29-2006, 11:58 PM
I think people are threatened by vegetarians - and I can relate - because even without having to say anything, they are taking what people perceive to be a morally superior stance, regardless of whether they FEEL that way. But I mean, if you're doing it for a moral reason, you have to feel morally superior to an extent. And people feel the need to justify their position so as to not feel bad about themselves.

Exactly. This is definatly something that is true in a least some cases, and everyone except mota boy will acknowledge this.

Betty
01-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I believe Mota Boy made an argument very similar to my own.

Sorry tom, you lose.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 12:26 AM
No, REALLY. I MEAN it. Thanks for saving us both from the embarassment of having an actual, serious DISCUSSION. All you're interested in is shooting the messenger and walking away. Lord knows I'd be deluding myself to expect anything more.

I mean it too. If you want a serious discussion, repost what you said and add some damn paragraph indents, and I'll actually read it.

endlesst0m
01-30-2006, 12:45 AM
I believe Mota Boy made an argument very similar to my own.

Sorry tom, you lose.

well what you said is basically what i meant, so if thats true then i don't see the problem.maybe i just didn't word it right.

Mota Boy
01-30-2006, 12:56 AM
basically, i still think that,despite what mota boy says, its very possible that a lot of non-vegetarians violently disagree and even hate vegetarians, because they're afraid that if vegetarians views are right, then this would mean they they must have far less morals and self-control then a vegetarian. WHY ELSE WOULD VEGETARIAN BASHERS CARE SOOOO MUCH ABOUT HOW VEGETARIANS EAT?!
Oooooh, I see it now. People that eat meat hate vegetarians because they recognize the moral superiority in others. It's all so clear now - like how you're becoming overly defensive because you recognize my clear intellectual advantage. Say no more.

endlesst0m
01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Oooooh, I see it now. People that eat meat hate vegetarians because they recognize the moral superiority in others.

Yes. SOME of them do, in my opinion. Not all of them. Someone asked why so many omnivores feel threatened by the very existense of vegetarians, and that's all I've been trying to say. I don't see why it caused a problem,and i think it's definatly true in some cases.

Imagine this: Someone agrees that eating meat is immoral, but realizes they don't have the self-control to stop eating it. Instead of just addmiting they don't have the self-control to do it, they just start hating the vegetarians, and convince themselves they don't agree with them by constantly bashing them.

I'm sorry, but i think this is what motivates a lot(not all) of the people who make SUCH A BIG DEAL out of how vegetarians are wrong in what they do, and that's the bottom line.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 01:08 AM
Imagine this: Someone agrees that eating meat is immoral, but realizes they don't have the self-control to stop eating it. Instead of just addmiting they don't have the self-control to do it, they just start hating the vegetarians.

That's what's stupid and annoying about vegetarians. You assume we think eating meat is immoral but don't have the self-control to stop. This is ridiculous. We eat meat because we like meat, we're designed to eat meat, and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for us to stop eating meat. None.

endlesst0m
01-30-2006, 01:09 AM
That's what's stupid and annoying about vegetarians. You assume we think eating meat is immoral but don't have the self-control to stop. This is ridiculous. We eat meat because we like meat, we're designed to eat meat, and there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for us to stop eating meat. None.

I don't think all meat eaters think its wrong but don't have the self control or moral values. I truly don't.

Just the ones who are obsessed with bashing the vegetarians.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 01:10 AM
I like bashing vegetarians because they're too skinny and aneamic to fight back. End of story.

endlesst0m
01-30-2006, 01:23 AM
I like bashing vegetarians because they're too skinny and aneamic to fight back. End of story.

most of them are concerned enough about thier diet to find an alternative to getting the nutrients that meat provides.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Yeah, and the thick layer of vaginal mucosa on their bodies prevents me from getting a decent headlock on them :(

Betty
01-30-2006, 01:42 AM
I think I may have to read more carefully in the future... missing that one key comment can really throw one's impression of the direction of an argument... although sometimes it's just so hard to force myself to not skip a bunch of the silly posts.

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-30-2006, 07:21 AM
I don't think all meat eaters think its wrong but don't have the self control or moral values. I truly don't.

Just the ones who are obsessed with bashing the vegetarians.

This is why a lot of people don't like vegetarians. I don't look down on vegetarians. It's up to you, do what you like. But at the same time I dislike the tiny, TINY minority of up-themselves vegetarians looking down on me for eating meat. I don't like chick peas or green beans, but hell, I'm not gonna judge you for eating it. Eat what you like. And as such, let me do the same.

Of course this applies to the TINY minority of vegetarians that ruin it for most.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I like chick peas and green beans.

nieh
01-30-2006, 08:07 AM

Quoted just so t0m has to read it again.

Little_Miss_1565
01-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Endlesst0m, I am a vegetarian because I was dating one in high school and thought I'd give it a try. I lost 60 pounds and am hooked for life.

Vegetarian diets are NOT BY DEFAULT MORE HEALTHY. French fries and fried mozzarella sticks are both vegetarian, not to mention very tasty. Veggie diets can be just as unhealthy if not more unhealthy than anything else.

I just don't even like the taste of meat anymore--I know, because I've cheated a few times and had a bit of chicken about once a year. It just smells really good. Fake veggie "meats" don't even really taste like meat, so no one even start with that line, srsly.

And yes, I don't agree with slaughterhouse practices--just read Fast Food Nation, for cryin' out loud. But nothing makes people hate on vegetarians more than playing that worn out song. So quit it.

I do think though that everyone, omni and veggie alike, should be very concerned about the hormones and pesticides and shit all up in everything. My best friend/wifey just came back from a monthlong internship in the Republic of Georgia eating nothing but fat fried in fat and she lost weight. The only thing we can think of is the lack of hormones, etc. in all the meat.

wheelchairman
01-30-2006, 10:37 AM
Georgian food is supposedly the best in the world.

Although I think among Eastern European studies students, it's generally assumed that you will gain weight while in Eastern Europe.

the_GoDdEsS
01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Georgian food is supposedly the best in the world.

Although I think among Eastern European studies students, it's generally assumed that you will gain weight while in Eastern Europe.

Ew... Well, the Georgian meals I tried were horrible to me. And I ate about three of them.

Of course, because all you Westerners have obese genes! Meanwhile we're starving peasants :P

JohnnyNemesis
01-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah, and the thick layer of vaginal mucosa on their bodies prevents me from getting a decent headlock on them :(

I was actually going to contribute something worthwhile, but this has me laughing way too hard to do so.

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Vegetarian diets are NOT BY DEFAULT MORE HEALTHY. French fries and fried mozzarella sticks are both vegetarian, not to mention very tasty. Veggie diets can be just as unhealthy if not more unhealthy than anything else.

Very true, and if you pay as little attention to your diet as I do, cutting out meat altogether would be tantamount to a death sentence. And I don't have the money to make 'food diaries' and let shit go off because I have to eat other shit on certain days, or buy hundreds of dollars worth of supplements.

And I'm still waiting for somebody to respond as to why I find vegetarians to be a threat.

BREAK
01-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I mean it too. If you want a serious discussion, repost what you said and add some damn paragraph indents, and I'll actually read it.

Indent it yourself. I'm not any more interested in a serious discussion than you are, and I don't like being fucked with.

Little_Miss_1565
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Very true, and if you pay as little attention to your diet as I do, cutting out meat altogether would be tantamount to a death sentence. And I don't have the money to make 'food diaries' and let shit go off because I have to eat other shit on certain days, or buy hundreds of dollars worth of supplements.

Only the laziest or most retarded vegetarian/vegan would have to buy hundreds of dollars worth of supplements. I might also add that I've never made a "food diary." Four years ago, I felt I needed to pay attention to what goes into my body, so, I did. You don't feel like that. Ta-da.

And I'm still waiting for somebody to respond as to why I find vegetarians to be a threat.

Justin, cut it out. You are perfectly capable of responding to the question yourself.

sKratch
01-30-2006, 10:28 PM
The universe is infinitely larger than anything we can possibly imagine, our planet (forget about our bodies) is an absolutely insignificant speck of dust compared to the vastness of the world it's a part of.
Only about 0.003% (i may be off by a power of ten, this is from memory) of the universe is made up of the heavy elements found on Earth. With this number in mind, we're not as small of a fraction of the stuff that's capable of creating us. Does that make sense? I'm tired and my brain broke.
To rephrase, if you only consider the portion of the universe which is capable of being home to our existence, we're a much larger fraction of it. I don't know why this matters, but I thought it was really neat when I learned about it and wanted to share.

wheelchairman
01-30-2006, 11:43 PM
Only about 0.003% (i may be off by a power of ten, this is from memory) of the universe is made up of the heavy elements found on Earth. With this number in mind, we're not as small of a fraction of the stuff that's capable of creating us. Does that make sense? I'm tired and my brain broke.
To rephrase, if you only consider the portion of the universe which is capable of being home to our existence, we're a much larger fraction of it. I don't know why this matters, but I thought it was really neat when I learned about it and wanted to share.
I haven't had science in 4 years. Explain this in a way so that it doesn't sound like we are bigger than the earth. thx. sex?

Sin Studly
01-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Justin, cut it out. You are perfectly capable of responding to the question yourself.

I responded to the question. I'm waiting for somebody to attempt to refute my response.

Mota Boy
01-30-2006, 11:57 PM
I'll take this one. *dusts off astronomy book from last semester*

For starters, only about three to four percent of the matter in the universe is "normal" or baryonic matter - the kind of matter you can see and touch. The rest is composed of "dark matter" - a form of matter that doesn't have any discernable influence on light (aside from a gravitational pull) and "dark energy" (even weirder). Then, most of the remaining matter is locked up in hydrogen and helium in stars and interstellar gas. Heavier elements (the ones you're most familiar with on Earth) are only created in a few stars at the end of their lifetimes.

Now, how'd I do?

wheelchairman
01-31-2006, 02:11 AM
I'll take this one. *dusts off astronomy book from last semester*

For starters, only about three to four percent of the matter in the universe is "normal" or baryonic matter - the kind of matter you can see and touch. The rest is composed of "dark matter" - a form of matter that doesn't have any discernable influence on light (aside from a gravitational pull) and "dark energy" (even weirder). Then, most of the remaining matter is locked up in hydrogen and helium in stars and interstellar gas. Heavier elements (the ones you're most familiar with on Earth) are only created in a few stars at the end of their lifetimes.

Now, how'd I do?
Ah I see. I had already seen a neat tv show about Dark Matter and pretend to know about all of it's properties in ordinary conversation, so now I can do this even better!

Andy
01-31-2006, 02:29 AM
Wobbly matter is the way forward. Fools.

neocon58
03-18-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm not one to normally bump threads from the dead, but I ate flake tonight, and must say I concur with the thread title, and the reasons previously stated.